Sketchbook: Sim's - nov 10 - Blasted Lined Paper!

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Sim's - nov 10 - Blasted Lined Paper!

Sim hesitated for awhile about starting a sketchbook. He's definitely the kind of person who draws every day. It's a habit he's clearly in denial about, he probably doesn't realize just how much time he spends drawing. Most of these occupy file folders in a box in his room in the basement. Sim tells himself he doesn't have enough time to allow his scanner to make light of them.

He's got four hours a day of piano to play, and is going to be a first year mature student in january, and teaches piano, and plays any other instrument that isn't nailed down and some that are. He also writes alot, interested in education and storytelling, collaborations and the possiblities of the new media...

Wait, said Sim, what's this crap about new media? You're forgetting important parts of the story...and besides, it's not cool to talk about Sim in the third person. Terribly cliche.

And so he stopped.

I will try to post once a week. Unless specifically stated none of the drawings will be ones I worked on from reference. This sketch is in a way making fun of my one of my apprehensions towards posting here, which is that my best ideas in sketch form aren't ones I've done justice enough to to want to flaunt them in public. But you can have this one.

What do you think? Is the image too large?

Here's another...I should probably finish him in sometime

Last edited by Sim; November 11th, 2005 at 12:42 AM.
    Why do you get all the lunch in the world?

Become an accountability partner in my struggle to stop sketching on lined paper, click here.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Crap color job to show how this might develop SOMETIME

Become an accountability partner in my struggle to stop sketching on lined paper, click here.

Thanks

One sitting (approx 1 hr) with photoshop...I have a tablet but I only get a chance to fiddle with it for say an hour or two, a couple times a week. This somewhat resembles me, although it was completely from memory. I don't know if you can call that a self portrait.

Thanks

Just a morbid looking pair getting some excercise. That and an idea for a decalogue themed clay tablet drink coaster. Some reference used for the figure on the right-hand side.

Thanks
    very interresting. i like your little self critques. keep it up and ill keep checking for some more amusing doodles.

Thanks

Hey! thanks for being the first person to actually post a reply.(I shouldn't complain that no one else has posted, I do a lot of looking but not posting myself.) Glad you like the stuff. Here's a weird thing I found in a pile of random sketches I had lying around, kinda looked better before I half-colored it, but hey.

Thanks

Oi

Hey hey man, For a while when I was reading your first post It scared me about the third person thing till I kept reading. Keep on man you have a wierd head on your shoulders.

sly

Thanks

Thanks for your generous comments on my head. Thanks for posting.

Thanks

Trick or Treat?

Thanks
    funny! poo! haha great ideas.

my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks

Random stuff that happens when I'm supposed to start writing a school paper but there's pencil crayons lying on my desk. Guy from reference, trying to get control over pencil colors.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.