Thanks

need help...frustration.

it's amazing and frustrating how you can post something in a forum that is supposed to be there for support and guidance, etc. and not get any replies.... or IF you get one it's always something vague or "Good Job" something. please read my post that was originally put up at sijun.com. PLEASE if you responsed i'll greatly appreciate it. i'm very serious about this. it's what i've always wanted to do, but strayed from it. please help me to get where it is i want to go. thank you for your time. send me a PM or whatever. Thanks!

Original Post: ""hey how's it going? i'm new to this forum. most of my posting has been done on ConceptArt.org (same user name). i'm really interested in getting into concept art/design (for movies) and sure would appreciate any help, tips and pointers you guys can offer. i'm 26.... and i'm giving myself till i'm 30 to get into an art job (deadlines, deadlines, deadlines....). i'm looking for color programs (there is one called tiger something i think) that'll let you come up with color themes i guess (like orange and blues, um, complimentary colors, etc.) just anything really. and for those of you in the business, can you just do character concepts (i think that's my strong point) or should you just learn all aspects. all in all i need any help that can be given (besides, draw eeryday, get an anatomy book, practice, etc... all those i've heard and know). send me a message either here or conceptart. thanks!!!""

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I made an intro just like you, it ended up in a huge annoying argument about how bad anime is...:confused: I've learned that if its not interesting to read no ones gonna bother... :mad: for me though...
    Perfect Kay

Thanks
    I'll try to help. We all ( proffessionals) were in your shoes once. So here is a simple but true advice:

Do what you love.
    If you are good at it, you will always find work.

There is not one "correct" way to get into this field, we all got here differently.

Commonly used software by concept artists:

Photoshop
    Painter
    3d Software like Maya or Max

hope that helped

Thanks
    what about softimage toonz?
    Perfect Kay

Thanks
    toonz???

As far as i've seen, softimage is not used in the game industry that much. Infact, since Alias lost ground, I don't even know anyone who uses that program anymore. But I'm sure some houses still do.

Thanks
    yea hthe only place i know use it is ghibli studio
    Perfect Kay