DSG inspired-Snake girl Vs Wolf girl (possible nudity)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

DSG inspired-Snake girl Vs Wolf girl (possible nudity)

I've done a couple of DSG briefs recently and I've generated some pics that I like. The participants in the DSG rarely have time to comment and it's leaving me feeling a little cold so I thought I'd post here and finish this one in an effort to get some feedback. Please feel free to comment.

Title:- Snake woman and Wolf woman do battle over elixir

Here's some of the prep:-

Rob

Brutal crits for today,
    regrets for tomorrow
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi

The sketches you have are pretty darn good. My only suggestion is the top sketch is not as dynamic as a battle between the two characters should be. The top of the prep work has the both of them in a more dynamic pose. Put them in action and I think it will come out really good. still I'm liking it so far.

sly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow. I really like the environment, but I agree that the poses aren't dynamic enough to complement your GREAT creatures.

"I do what I please, and I do it with ease"
    -- Martha K. Stewart

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is something I hate about good sketches, I then start imagining the action...

I'd give snake woman better, sharper weaponry than a stick with a sharp end...Snakes, although quick, cannot maneuver all that quickly. The wolf girl, on the other hand can leap...If I was a snake woman, I'd have my weight coiled over by tail (vunerable area), and I'd have long, sharp lightning bolt-shaped blades in my hands to defend and attack if the wolf woman leapt at me...

So, which way are you going to go with the snake woman's face. I kind of like the more serpent look, rather than the humanoid hybrid, just for something different, although the "eye-candy" of an attractive human face with a king Cobra headdress is attractive, also.
    Are you planning on "snake language" markings/colorings? (like coppermouths, "yellow red black, you're dead, Jack" vs. the cornsnake (?) Black red yellow, he's a friendly fellow..." Small, visual trivia like this, as well as visual jokes that are only noticed upon closer examination of a piece are points to try to include in your works to show a "depth" of composition that is not visible upon first glance...

I'm looking forward to watching this one progress!
    Do you have a deadline?

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, thanks for the comments so far.

Madster:- I'm with you 100%. I'd deliberatly set out to do an environment for my fight and as I was working on it I realised I'd spent so much effort on it, without concentrating on the action, that the pic was going to be quite dull. They should actually be fighting.

The snake markings are a great idea, I hadn't thought enough about the figures.

As to colour I'm gonna go green. Outside is a jungle, something I've never painted befor, and the elixir would be a bright red.

I dont have a deadline. How much time should I be spending on this? So far it's taken a day on and off.

simfonie:-I've got to credit Glen Fabry for some help on the wolf legs but the snake's all mine. I kept corn snakes some years ago and really love them. I agree the figures are not dynamic enough. I'm working on that.

sly's hand:- You're right on the money. I'm glad youre liking it.

Rob

Brutal crits for today,
    regrets for tomorrow

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Updates

I've worked on some more dynamic figures of the Wolf Woman.

But I think I'm gonna go with this one:-

Rob

Last edited by RobHughes; September 26th, 2005 at 06:55 AM.
    Brutal crits for today,
    regrets for tomorrow

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.