Majors...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Majors...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Majors...

Hey, I just wanted to know from other artist out there. Is Computer Graphics a good major to take up when you go to a college. I mean I want to be some kind of artist later on, maybe an animator, or just something. What would be a good major to show my art. I would like to illustrate, animate, make games, comics...anything like that. Could you give some info people? thanks.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yessum,

I'm about to graduate Ringling School of Art and Design here in Florida with a major in illustration. I went to school wanting to do traditional animation, however that field seems to have dried up. if i able to do it again i'm not sure i'd pick a different major. computer graphics on the other hand seems to have picked up. you said you like to draw, keep that up havent looked at your posts. i'd get a waccom tablet and start learning to paint in photoshop, that seems to be how alot of the pros in many field are working right now. Also study as much figure drawing as you can from the start.

Anyhow these are just some of my observations being on the other end of getting my bachlors degree. now if i just had a job in the field lined up for graduation my advice would be more credible!

hope any of this helps

,steven

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey,
    I just thought I was in your same position when I got out of High school and I went to a school and learned Graphic Design....I graduated and it was ok....but I missed the whole drawing thingy....so I am back at school (at ringilng) taking Illustration. I am finding out that there are so many more oppertunitys for an Illustrator rather than a Graphic Artist. Now I am not saying that Graphic Arts is not the field for you, but for me I love to draw and paint and such, and Illustration field seems to work better.

Hope that this helps.
    Josh

Stop...Think...Draw....its Fun

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.