3ds Max vs. Maya
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: 3ds Max vs. Maya

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post 3ds Max vs. Maya

:bash: For a long time my friends and I have been debating which one is really better: 3D Studio Max or Maya? I personally belive that it depends what kind of atmospere you want. For example, 3ds max has been known to be used to make games like SIlent Hill 2 and Metal Gear Sold 2. These games have both a dark atmosphere ot setting. With Maya, I've noticed that it has been used to make the game Ratchet And Clank. This game has a nice "Spyro" feel to it.

Anbody here to contridict that?

Video Games are the ultimate mulitmedia. It contains images, movie, sounds, music, text, story, and intractivity.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi teki

No-one can really say for sure which one is better, because they both have very good points to them

It's really all what you are comfortable with. I personally use 3dsMax alot more than Maya, because in my opinion it's easier to use.... but I have friends who say Maya... whatever...
    I think Maya has a better renderer than 3D studio, but I think 3D studio has a better workflow... there are tradeoffs.

as for the atmosphere.... it's not so much the program used, as much as what the artist were going for....

Ihope I helped even just a bit

You're a monkey Derek...BE A MONKEY!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 1