Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)

Thanks
    madplanet - thanks for the kind words

blacky - howdy comrade, thanks for the compliment. about the multiple figure composition - i'd like to see that too (and finished non-the-less)

so i was in ZombieMode from lack of sleep all day - but all that coffee i drank throughout the day didn't kick in until late at night when i should be sleeping. Here's the end result:

Did the ink sketch a few years ago after looking at pics from the Austin workshop:
    AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)

Doodleing ideas at work, decided to use the asian chick (that was painted for a totally different purpose) for this idea.
    AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    draw an annoying hipster boyfriend for the asian ninja chick. i think it would be a good match.

Thanks
    NEW SoI STUFF!!!!!

actually had a good day yesterday:

AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)

first time i painted a black girl (eventhough she looks like a man in the last one). definatly have to work on that.

Thanks
    Great stuff. Really nice watercolor pieces.

I especially like the dude on this piece http://www.arkadyroytman.com/drop/Sk...k/werkSK07.jpg
    !

Thanks
    Moysturfurmer - thanks dude, you just reminded me - did this a few nights ago but forgot to post:
    AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)

Thanks
    I share the same feeling as the other commentors. I like your lines. How long are the poses for you are drawing from?? Your ability to draw a loose yet expressive lines of the female form really enhances your work. Also I like the watercolor. Do you ever draw at the spring studio in Soho?

Thanks
    incolorinred - thanks dude, the poses for the watercolors are 10 and 20 mins (some of the really bare ones are 5 mins)
    I draw at the Society of Illutrators, never been to Spring Studio. I may make it out there if this strike ends soon. SoI is closed until January 3rd. But i;m not promissing that i'll like it. I hear its stuffy and quiet. Totally not the atmosphere at the SoI. I love the live Jazz band and a fully stocked bar, the great artists on the wall and great artists all around you drawing and painting great models (none of that lod wrinkly shit for me). plus it's half the price of Spring Studio if you have a student ID. can't beat that.

So here are the paintings from the last SoI session for the year. It was really low key becasue of the MTA strike. very low turn out. two models, 1 male one female (first time ever painted a male in watercolors - hell of a lot easier than the women) the poses were freaking amazing. the watercolors are so-so:
    AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)

Thanks
    Thanks for adding those little doodles from work
    Man..last bunch of watercolors are gems.
    I hope to get out with you guys soon
    Have a great holiday bro
    *:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor
    PLEASE list all the materials you're using.
    This is inspiring stuff, man
    i think i listed them before but here they are in all their visual glory. hope this helps:

Thanks
    i think ive never seen nude male/female poses before. looking good - you took some nice compositions of them.
    tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    me likes. great updates. i'll be in new york in late january, i'll give you a ring when i'm around.

Thanks
    Man, your approach is so weird! I don't know of anybody else that has such a loose feel for drawing and keeps it all together. You know, I remember from your sketchbook it looked like you were getting frustrated and more frustrated, till finially you did a drawing in it like a 4 year old with the house and a tree(with a squirrel hole) and the sun in the corner. It looked like something you had to do to get it out of your system.
    Anyway, your stuff is always refreshing to look at, cause it does feel your enjoying what you paint. keep it up, man!

Thanks
    Scott - we all miss you buddy. If this prolonged absence percists we amy have to pay an surprize vesit to Long Island. (but only if Dylan poses for the rest of us as well as he poses for you. )

tensai - this dude shows up once every 6 months or so and he always gets the girls to pose in intricate poses with him. It was a ton of fun. The only time i've drawn male and females together before was in college, but it was a old hippie couple and the dude had a prince albert. it was hard to focus.

Pat - Awesome dude!!! we'll bust out a drunken sketch into the night thing again. can't wait.

Bowlin - thanks dude, i wish we could have hung out more in September. Not to sure what you're talking about with the "4 year old with the house and a tree(with a squirrel hole) and the sun in the corner". is this just a comparison or did i actually have this in my sketchbook. i'm confused.

That fat kid - thanks for coming back.

ok so really don't have anything new to post. just these things i've been playing around with. I'm a sucker for textures, and i stole these from EatPoo and i like waht's happening with them. The superimposed sketches are still a work in progress. I want to compile them together in a book and this is an experiment on waht it sould look like. still in its VERY early stages:

Shiraj already made a point that the color harmony in the watercolor one does not work. any opinion you guys have i'd like to hear.

Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast