Sketchbook: AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) - Page 7

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like where the digi paint is bringing the background tone-wise, but I think the right side human figure looked great where it was headed in the last digi. Break out the oils and work the ideas in!

Deselect
    עקיבא
    http://sixthirteendesign.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha she put food coloring in her crotch, whoa!!! thats a dedicated model.

I like the newest painting. it's pretty cool man. I think I like the first creepy guy looking over his shoulder rather then the helmeted dude. I like the Digital. Maybe if you are still painting this. Show the horizone line. I'm thinking they are on a mountain so I say show a small part of the edge or tip on the mountain, so we can get some sort of established location. Nice brush strokes-o-plenty.

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    After see some random concept here and there, I like your last pics: it acts like a breath of oxigen. The treatment is very refreshing. I "Kiffe" it. What software did you used for your paintover ? Painter ?
    Cheers, man.
    J.

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet... I blow hard at paints and everyone is painting lately... makes me wanna pick up a brush! BTW, loved your orthos and stuff for the sequential TD. Nice stuff. Can't wait to see more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Deselect - thanks for the crits.

Tiff - the carpet has to match the curtains

Alday.J - it's PScs with custom brushes on top of oils

ZebzFree - don't be afraid, the brush is your friend

some doodles at work for the comics thunderdome:
    AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude i really like the direction your going in with that last digi paintover.. the compistion is working out for you. keep going with that one.

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rob - i think i may do 2 versions of it. one in strait oils and another with digi-oil mix.

I had a shitty painting day at the SoI, but the rest of the night was awesome. didn't get home until 6 AM (up at 8 for work - i'm paying for it now):
    AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that first one looks real hot though man. second one is difficult to read cause theres no darks. i like the last part of your digi paintover, but the guy on the right in the second version wasnt looking too bad either.

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One and four are great. Cool tones and poses. Good stuff, I wanna try this too.

SKETCHBOOK

Sinister Six Sketch Group
    Since 2003, sorta.
    Cookiedough Fooxoo Hyver Wolfje character

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reallt nice stuff, doesnt seem shitty to me.
    this one and this one have some really nice things going on.
    Have you ever looked at Painting People in Watercolor by Alex Powers? I just got it last week, very interesting work, thought you might like it.

Oil + overpaint combination looks really cool, too. Interesting to see how painter works along with real oil.

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey hey, just replying to my own thread to re-subscribe to it. lost all my subscriptions when Manley banned my ass. I have a bunch of poopy watercolors from SoI to photograph in the next few days. I'll respond to everyone once they're ready to post.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Glad your back you fuggin' rebel. Hope you're comin' to Montreal.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these days are the days to remember. The day Amish got banned from the CA country.
    yo Crazy!

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great stuff man, whats with the newspaper on some of those paint sketches? is that some kinda ink or oils.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 469 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    wonderfull paints !!
    pure love for them!
    wow!

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    weeee - replies

tensai - thanks dude, i haven't done anything new on the oils. not feeling anything from it or i'm afraid to fuck it up.

fooxoo - thanks. try away, i'm not gonna be the one to stop you.

SirGreenSock - thanks dude, but that's not painter its photoshop. i'll have to check out that book eventually. my problem with books is they are so adictive. I just bough a HUGE Schile book and the Richard Schmid book and now i can't eat real food for a week.

ZebzFree - i'm too lame to get into trouble, but it happens from time to time. don't think i'll be going to Montreal. I don't see the point of paying $550 to see people paint. especially since i'm seeing a some of them paint in April at Art Out Loud 2 for next to nothing. Don't see the point of paying sooo much money to shoot the shit. Besides, San Diego is coming up right after the workshop and i'd rather go to that. (although driving up with Tiff and Dan Dossantos would be fun)

That fat kid - there's been soo much dram lately i felt a little out of place new watercolors are coming soon. maybe even tonite.

Tiff -

Kresh - thanks. this board was ariginally used by Greg Manchess, Tiffany, and the rest of the people that showed up to my painting party in Central Park in September. I did not have a way of transporting 5 wet boards so i put newspaper on the wet paint and never peeled it off when i got home. It got stuck to the boards. - not sure waht you're refering to about the ink or the oils.

hurricane - that's really great to hear coming from you dude. you keep rocking some great art and i'll do my best to keep up.

so i was going to photograph all the shitty watercolors i did this week but i did not get around to it. these were my poopy submissions to the Sequential Thunderdome:
    AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wee watercolors!!!

i had a shitty week. basically lack of sleep and a lot of drama. These are the watercolors from tuesday, that kinda sucked less than normal. I'm almost ashamed to put uo the ones from Thursday. and for now i won't becasue i need some sleep and i don't want to fuck with them. i'll throw them up tomorrow.

these two models are fucking great. they are very comfortable together and take the best psoese and hold them real still. maybe that's why this set was saved from really sucking:
    AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wonder if jason can hurry up and ban you again arkady, your such a negative influence on everyone you meet....

that said I like the sequential frames you were working on. Just a bit more development and they would of been golden.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cam - that almost happened. i tried logging in last night and it was telling me i'm still banned.

here are waht must be some of the worst watercolors i've done to date. i almost passed out while working on them. and there was not enough beer in the place to make these look good:
    AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice stuff. the last couple of updates were hellacious!

Minneapolis and kansas city occassionally
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these are all really nice, super loose, nice bold colors.. i really like the strokes in some of the digi paintings.. would be nice to see some areas that are a little more refined too.

-cburt

Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Oh mate.. that's disgustingly good.. sweet water colour!!! brilliant. So wacky!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Orozc0, cburt, bumskee - thanks a bunch you guys.

Tuesday night SoI, had a decent nite:

look ma, no lines:
    AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool update commy!

The last no line one looks real nice. The red along the top of the spine and scapula works real nice to create depth. From your other work looks like yo use that colour in concentration pretty sparingly, but when you use it it has a nice touch.
    I have a question about your technique; from what i see you like to use the watercolour pretty watery, do you wait for individual areas to dry before going into them again or do you apply it all in one swing? I've noticed your colour retain their purity and dont bleed into each other too much.
    Thanks

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha love how wild she is http://www.arkadyroytman.com/drop/So...oI-060216b.jpg

the last batch had me laughing out loud - the one with the big ass is very nice.

keep it up, especially now that your resurrected..

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first one of that last batch and the one sans lines are really amazing. 1) There are not enough water colours of curvy girls, and 2) working without lines really allows the eyes to connect all the pools of colour together into a final peice in a really great way. That last one really shows a lot of improvement in your watercolour skills.

Keep it up! Choo Choo!

Deselect
    עקיבא
    http://sixthirteendesign.com

Dutton Guest
    that last back view is excellent! they're all really good. nice and loose, but the last is just perfect. i love the mannerism in the 4th image in that update as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your chaotic style of whipping up images is something to behold. Alway admired your figure drawings. Don't get me started on the watercolor. No crits, just asspats.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry guys. been out of commision for a while due to a cold. plus there was no session last week at the SoI anyways.

Nikola - i swear to god dude, i'm gonna get my shit together in the next few weeks and we'll do that sketch trade i've been promising.
    about the techique - lately i've been using a squierel mop to flod the paper with a base color. Ideal i would like most of it to dry before i go into it but usualy i leave an area of a very different tone (like hair or clothing) alone as i'm putting in the base wash and go back to the pigment free area alowing the base wash to dry just a bit. usually if i'm using really stainy blues i try to leave the area around them alone so that they don't get into all the other colors. does this even make sence? i'm writing this realy late.

tensai - that chick gets pretty rowdy. that night i was supposed to kep her from getting too drunk and too wild. I failed. I think she hate me now, too.

Deselect - the last time that chick posed she wast uber pregnant. gave birth a few days later. this time she lost the belly, but kept that uber ass.

Dutton, lukavi - mutual respect for the both of you. you guys make CA an awesome and inspirational place to hang out. Thanks for dropping by.

here are this weeks. slow day. still rusty from having a week off. but tried the no lines on a 10 minute pose:

AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)

who ever recomended Charles Reid, i finally got a chanse to check out his watercolors online. gave me a few ideas. I'll have to go scout out his books now to see how he does his voodoo. thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn, dude, the beauty never ends. I'm surprised no one has drooled over them yet. 3rd pic is my favourite althought theyre all really good. Great control over your warm and cool colors, I am learning a lot just looking at these. Keep it coming, you rawk.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1