Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)

Thanks
    you should show us something finished (it sound .... relative... but... :p)

I like your sketches very much!!
    i'll save few in my gesture file
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    nice oils man i really like the colors. are those white marks on top of the bridge an asian wedding party?

Thanks
    like the oils, love the watercolours. multiple strokes of genius in there. really nice concentrated points of saturated colours. the subway sketching seems to be really paying off.
    tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Your figure drawings/paintings from life are really good, but your imagination stuff is weak in comparison. Concentrate on construction, and perspective for that.
    Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    ...nice

Thanks
    Holy crap, replies.

Diego - thanks dude, i got really pricy watercolors that have really rich pigments and i love smearing them all over the paper.

ApolloNuevo - I use a pad of strathmore 140lb Coldpress watercolor paper. Although the last batch was kinda funky and fairly rough (kinda makes the ridiculous price i paid for it at an overpriced art store worth it though.) I also have some arches 300lb paper that i cut up but i havent used it yet becasue i've been sucking for the past few weeks.

CoNTRoL - i guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I avoid the faces in watercolor mainly cause i don't want to fuck them up. But i really do draw way too many faces and not enough other things. as far as red nipples are concerned, i work at the SI and i kinda tweak the model's nipples before they start so that they have some blood flowing to them , nah i recently started to focus more on their true color.
    you do have ability but you need work...
    everyone has ability but everyone also needs work. Yuo should hear Jon Foster complain about how much he hates his stuff and how he needs to work harder. I'm no different. I'm the first and last one to hate my stuff.

Interceptor - use Shminke watercolor halfpans (although i've been using tubes to refil them and its not the same but its cheeper) I used to use a size 6 Kolinski brush (which is awesome) but lately, becasue i like to work big, i've been using a size 16 and 20 Red sable brushes. They don't rock as much as Kolinski's but they are a hell of a lot cheeper (one day i'll fork over the $1500 for a size 50 DaVinci Kolinski) The brown ink is Walnut Ink, its not waterrproof and i like that i can work into it. and i either use a brush or a dip pen with it. one of these day's i'll photograpg my tools for ya.

Icey - Finished. HAHAHAHAH!!! that'll be the day. but yeah, i'd like to see myself finish something too.

shiraj - HAHAHA!!! it is now.

tensai - thanks for the cheerleading. sketching from life in general is such a great payoff.

armando - ya dude, i have no imagination, rotted that out by watching lame sitcoms and masturbating way too much. Perspective is my evil nemesis. makes all my stuff look stiff and labored. Plus all them lines just confuse me. Plus i never really took the time to learn it. I suck.

styler - thankee!!!

so there is no model session tomorrow so i'll try to make up for it by taking some of the sketches i did today in the park during lunch and trying to work them up in color. I stumbled onto a fashion shoot where all the models were wearing crazy animal masks and now i'm all sorts of inspired. Hope they're there again tomorrow.
    Last edited by AmishCommy; November 10th, 2005 at 01:01 AM.

Thanks
    There he is..rocking those watercolors -and I expect no less.
    I'm actually going insane missing all these sketch days with my homies...miss you nutters. So I'm gonna try and work out a day soon, so I can get back with you guys a day. There is an Egon Schiele exhibit not far from the Met and we'd be fools to miss it. Perhaps we can work on a day based around Mr. Schiele...he would want no less!
    *:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    i'm sooo down to go check out the Schiele show, Scott. I may have this friday off. Just let me know whens a good time for ya and i'll try to work around that.

he'res a quickie of one of the models i saw on monday. going from memory, from my head. 30mins OC
    AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)

Thanks

Thanks
    Hey Amish, cool stuff you have here. And everyone's right, the figures ARE good. Cool to see the loose sketches. Made me laugh when I saw the sketch from work, if it's post-able, then do it? Right? Yes. Thumbs ups.

Thanks
    Arkady, I am fucking loving these watercolors man. For a new medium, however, I suggest you go back to that burger joint you, Pat and I went to and pick up ome Burger Sauce. That shit is magic.

Thanks
    hey commy you water colours are brilliant, i do life drawing with this old lady who has been doing watercolours for 30 years and i think the judgement of colour and their transparancy used to describe you figures might just beats hers. im loving your cool blues and purples adjacent to those firey red and pinks, i like it all, im jealous

Thanks
    you hobags i wanna go to the schiele show too. also you mispelled my name..

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast