Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)

Thanks
    Nice update ma man!
    You know Id buy that book too, in a heartbeat!
    [url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    You are really excellent with watercolor! The models you are working from are so interesting, I can tell from your work!! Thats it, I am switching to SoI!

good going
    nick

Thanks
    Those watercolors are wonderful. Great work.

Thanks
    fooxoo - Thanks!!!

tensai - ya dude, that's the plan evenually. I know a dude here in NY that sells his huge watercolors for as much as $75,000. and they're not that much better than mine. Still saving up for a Size 50 Kolinski. If you ever come to NY, please get me one of the monster Sumi brushed that are only available in your neck of the woods. I'll totally pay you back.

mitch - all these are 10x15 and up. but i do want to do some self portraits with watercolor.

Rob - now you're talkin, I'm always down for free food. If you would have come up to Tiffany's i would have done a demo for ya.

Cody - Schmincke Watercolors, he're hoping you can make it out in April for Art Out Loud 2. I'll paint with burger sause with ya again.

Scott - great seaing ya man. Thanks for making the treck out to the SoI, and staying to help out. Your support for the book idea got me thinking more about it. it may actually become a reality one of these days.

Tim - you too, thanks for the suppost of the book idea. Hope the Cooper Union stuff comes in the next few days so you could fast track your way back to NY

Nick - when you actually get to the SoI stop by and say hey.

MrBobMarley - thanks!

here are the ones from last week:
    AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)

and from the 3on3 on thursday
    AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)

Thanks
    That fat kid - the portrait will happen eventually. Shiraj (Winjer) is kicking my ass to live on the wild side and experiment outside my comfort zone with different meathods of watercolor aplication and blending. I figured i'd experiment with a free model (myself).

here are some small oils from this weekend Slacker's Painting Party in White Plains. the big piece (the disaster is drying at Tiffany's):
    AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)
    AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)

and a small sketch for the big disaster:

Thanks
    You sir IMHO are a highly talented individual! I practice almost every day, I hope some day I'm as good as you!

One mild criticism tho - would it kill ya to put an elf or two in there? I just love elves and i thnki you could really paint some neat looking ones!

EXCELSIOR!

Thanks
    lovely watercolors Arkady!
    did you finish the Medusa?
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    still working on it. i'll try to finish tonight. Here's what i got so far:

also starting to listen to Shiraj a little. Made a ghetto light table ad tried a to do another one that i'll probably superimpose on the original. assuming my computer can handle the huge file.
    AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings) AmishCommy's SB - update: 05/22 (Progress Report on various paintings)

Thanks
    Arkdaddy- sucks couldn't have made it this weekend. I tried, but failed..like most of my endeavors in life *whaaaaa boo hoo* I heard it was a blast though.

- Looking at those oils it seems as if you are trying to treat them as watercolors. That's not entirely impossible...if ya wanna go that route. I know I mentioned Bernie Fuchs approach to you Thursday..and I can kinda see that working for you. Most of his paintings are just super thinned out oils (to the consistency of watercolor) on canvas over a solid drawing. Could be something to experiment with. I just think you have a natural tendency to use mediums in a very 'wet' state. I dunno...maybe I'm retarded...?

I'd say more about the life watercolors but folks here are gonna think either
    1.) I'm on your payroll or
    2.) I have a crush on you
    Not that I don't, but everyone doesn't need to know about it. I'll say it one more time - i love your watercolors!

Medusa is looking sweet. Take your time with that sweetheart. I think I figured out what you are doing with that crazy ghetto light -table. Good luck with that bro. Looking forward to seeing that finished. Oh -did you remember to send stuff to Spectrum?
    *:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Scott - i thought i was the king of beating myself up. cut that shit out. we're both gonna make it this year.
    I'm still stupified by oils. and the best ones I painted to date were very loose and made with washes and looked like watercolors. plus the ones i posted were very quick ones. the house took under an hour, and the trees were about 20 minutes.

here's a scan of the new Medusa watercolor:

Thanks
    Arkady!!! yeah! this looks awesome, the snakes are great I love it!
    I have one suggestion, get rid of the ribbed part of the sketchbook, and add more paper above her head because she looks squashed. You can fix that in Photoshop with your cool new technique.
    this is looking great, you turning this in to spectrum? I hope so. Mine is getting there late too, I hope they accept it, :/
    nice use of big shape dude,
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    tensai - ya dude, that's the plan evenually. I know a dude here in NY that sells his huge watercolors for as much as $75,000. and they're not that much better than mine. Still saving up for a Size 50 Kolinski. If you ever come to NY, please get me one of the monster Sumi brushed that are only available in your neck of the woods. I'll totally pay you back.
    no kidding - ive been looking out for those massive brooms that monks do their newyears calligraphy with. for the same money i might be able to buy a house though. im in NY quite often, i can easily drop a couple of those badboys off...
    about last update - her body looks banging, but here head looks a bit squashed. like you ran out of space or something. yesterdays batch is looking
    tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    here's waht i have so far. I want to send it as is. but i can think of about 10 things to add to it to make it better.

Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast