finished Logo's at bottom

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile finished Logo's at bottom

hey everyone!
    Here are a few drawings I'm doing for a client for her logo. Most likely I will finish it up in Illustrator, and then color the girls up. Crits are appreciated and any other comments that come to mind.

Last edited by poise; September 22nd, 2005 at 12:15 PM.
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first one is pretty good, but the second one looks like she has really sad and saggy tits...They shouldn't be sloping to the sides quite so much, unless she's had 4 kids. The muscular structure of a woman that young would help them remain a bit more "centered." That, or a good 18-hour Bra...

The biggest problem with this, though is that you simply don't have any elements to display what the heck BodyMatch is. A mirror, a shoe, a dress, whatever the hell Veronica is matching, the image should display that in some form for the viewer to then make a connection between BodyMatch by Veronica, and whatever it is they may someday use her for...

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, poise !
    I prefer the second one, composition look more attractive with the circle logo. Her right shoulder look a bit wrong. Don't know exactly what's wrong, I'm not a so good artist than you.

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks guys for the comments.

Madster-
    the client did point out that she wanted the breats not so saggy, thanks for pointing that out. Believe it or not I have met many women that have had breasts like that and haven't had any kids, women are very diverse in shape.
    The product my client is selling is her clothes/pajamas, hence the name BodyMatch, and the girls i drew have them on. They are supposed to match any body type because of the stretchiness and drawer strings on the shirt and shorts. thanx for your crit I appreciate It

Alday.J-
    Hey thank for pointing that out! your right about the shoulder I noticed it too, but you know when you look at your own stuff sometimes you think your eyes are just going wacky. thanks for that crit!
    Too bad.. I like the cirlce one too, but I just talked to my client and she wanted to do a different layout of the text which is not very appealing, but oh well, what can you do.
    I'm doing both of them for this woman, but the second one is my fav as well

Thanks again guys!!

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I agree with Madster, I like the first one better I think it is a nice drawing.
    The second I think has some things I don't like so much, I think her face has strange expression, and her left arm seems to curve in a strange way. The right shoulder seems to be sticking out a bit. But really I am lacking a reference to be sure of what I am saying .
    But anyway i prefer the first one (talking about the drawing). For the composition I would like to see the second one with a bigger circle in the back just to see how it looks like.
    Good work

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is there any way you could add an additional figure to this, one of a different body-type, to better illustrate the "match," rather than one "stereotypical" model? Maybe as a ghost image?

Or is there some other way that you can illustrate sleepwear/casualwear that could better display the "matching" part of this enterprise?

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, Poise ! you said: "you know when you look at your own stuff sometimes you think your eyes are just going wacky"... I've got the same problem with my stuff. I hope with experiences, it's disapear. Keep posting the good stuff, I'm curious to see how things turn.

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like the first one better.
    But for the second one, it loses form.
    Try analyzing and simplying shadow shapes to really stress form.
    and her right shoulder seems a bit long or big.
    Have you considered boldening up the contour lines?
    Im really digging the hair though, it suits perfectly.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If the client REALLY wanted to stress the nature of the product as "Body Match" the logo could have three women of very different body shapes wearing the same outfit. A Plus size, an average size and a thin/tall and happy friends.

You might have noticed a campaign by a rather large company featuring Plus Sized models. As a guy I'm pretty happy with the old trend of eye candy for men but this new trend is meeting with success for targeted sales.

Saggy tits, ya, sometimes it does happen without kids but the image conects more to a woman with kids... a MILF in this case. Of course it's nice to see something that isn't giant boobed fanticy warrior princess either.

Just a little purking up will help.

Peace, Love and Harmony... I could never get them all into bed at the same time!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    voraz-
    no, I think you are right about the arm and shoulder, those things I am definitley changing to be better. I totally like the circle around the girls head, and wanted to play with it aslo, but the lady i'm doing this for wants to go with a different layout, so no halo head, oy! oh well. Thanks for your crits and compliments.

madster-
    Just doing what the client wants
    Drawing problems are the only things i can change at this stage because she most likely won't notice.

Alday.J
    hahah yeah! I need to learn to trust my instincts, when I don't i come here for other eyes to veiw the problems. Thanks for the encouragement i'm kinda excited to colors these girls up.

Mono-
    mm yeah I think I could do a better job with the shadows and varying the line quality, thank you. I like the hair also I just want to rub my face in it, lol
    By the way i like your guy and girl kissing, you like Wendling don't you? she kicked ass!!!

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So here are the finishes. I haven't got the OK from the women I did these for, but lets see what you guys say. First off let me state that Yes I did the labor of laying out the text, haha, but those where all her layout ideas and her text choices, so don't hold those against me please!
    I took everyones advice with the changes, and Infact change most things, thanks for your help guys!! enjoy.

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi poise,

those are really nice. You also seem to be a Mucha fan. The hair is defenitely Art Nouveau. In the pencils I didn't notice at first. I really prefer the colored version, especially the first one with darker tones. The only crit I'd give is that in the 2nd. picture the shadows on the womans skin don't look really shadowy. In her face I find the line around the shadow and the strong color difference between this line and the actual shadow, a little disturbing. But overall those are cool designs. Like to see some more of this Art Nouveau-like stuff.

See ya!
    Y.

"Happen to every guy sometimes this does."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finished? meaning you wont improve on them anymore?
    But definitely improved much.
    Better form, contour.
    But im not digging the purple hue.
    Too saturated in comparison to her skin tone.

ps-who's Wendling?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Claire Wendling,

a real talented comic book artist (I think she also did some conceptual art for Disney studios) in France. Some work can be seen here:
    http://www.stuartngbooks.com/wendling.html

"Happen to every guy sometimes this does."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah! Yodaah!! you know whats up
    hey thank for your compliments and crits I appreciate it.

Mono: thank you too for your comments.
    Check out Wendlings books her Iguana bay 2.0 is awesome it is full of her sketches, also Drawers2.0 is great too.

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I happen to think the more curves a woman has the sexier, what's with all these stick women I keep seeing out there, with no hips and fake boobs? Where have all the real women gone? Eye candy... Women aren't eye candy, Men are! lol HAHAHA

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First one use dark skinned girl.

Second one use light skinned girl.

I like these better; you made good improvements.

Peace, Love and Harmony... I could never get them all into bed at the same time!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the way you push your stuff so far, Poise. I mean, so close to finished 'n professional work !!! Waow ! And you're also a Claire Wendling's fan ? You got talent for sure, and you've good taste, good ref' !!!
    Keep posting !

Julien ALDAY

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.