Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

MGS4: Guns of the Patriots Lg DL

I cant believe nobody has posted this yet.

First screenshots from the next Metal Geal are out, here are some:

First of all, i must bring up how great the graphics look, and that this is years in the future. The "Solid Eye" snake is wearing looks very promising...notice how the chicken walkers resemble the REX model M-Gears, my guess is that those are some of the models that were made by countries that bought the plans from Ocelot after the first game, but then again this is way in the future so it could also be that its "technologically legal" to make gov't mini-MGs...

Also im asuming that Snake still uses CQC, giving from the knife hes holding..and lastly yes thats Otacon in the last pic. You might notice that snakes looks alot older, and Otacon doesnt look old enough...that maybe because of him being a Boss clone...who knows...

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    This game looks like it's going to be amazing. Finally tie off the story to the Solid Snake . Otacon story... But knowing Konami it'll probably open up a world of questions for new characters.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    id have to correct you, id say "knowing Kojima"

he really like to wet his fans appetite...and dont you think hes succeded?

i know im excited, you might be able to tell i already have a million guesses, but i think its just making it worse =DDD

Thanks
    actually, they did post it in the "Movie, games, tv" section

Thanks
    crap..i mustve missed it..

Thanks
    I say Konami because (yes, he's said it before) Kojima said it'd be his last MGS game. So I th ink they'll still want to leave the franchise open for a new director.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Without anti-aliasing, that last one could pass off as real. Give me a PS3. NOW!

Thanks
    konami as a company has no say over MGS, maybe before the 3rd...but not anymore

since Kojima started "Kojima Productions" he and his creative team are the ones who have the say...i never remember konami ever unveiling anything that has to do with the MGS franchise, the strust Hideo enough to let him do it

and also hes the one who gets to decide who the director of the series might/will be...just as he did with acid, he said it himself. he said its the younger generation of people that worked with him on MGS2/3, he let them start something of their own...but he said that nothing from the Acid storyline is canon...

Thanks
    @ FrostSathanas: Not agree with you concerning Otacon, he looks older: look carefully to his throat and the wrinkles near is eyes. Whatever, thank you for this nice screenshots, I'm very curious to see this game !
    Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    if you read carefully youll understand what i meant

i meant that Snakes relative aging does not look like its at the same ratio as Otacons...inferring that he ages faster then otacon...i in no way meant that otacon hasnt aged =]

Thanks
    Sorry, man ! You're right, I read too fast and my english is pityfull ! Snake looks different from Yoji Shinkawa's design...
    Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    also disagree...that design that showed at E3 was another of kojimas deceptions heres the new Yoji design:

Thanks
    Just saw a sketch where Snake was draw with beard... Don't know this one, but I love the way Shinkawa's play with midtone. He's probably one of the best designer of the world, for me. And this time, I'm sure you're agree with me (laugh !). Thanks for publishing this good pictures. Did you have some more ?
    Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    I'm D/LING the trailer OMG i cant wait to see1!!!! eh . i guess i should really get a ps3 now. I mean mgs man...omg. :| Thats just me anyway.

oh, if your wondering where is the trailer

gametrailers.com.

i dont like advertising , but this is where i found the trailer.
    Da Vinci was a concept artist
    11/30/03-11/30/05. Thanks CA, for all the great inspiration. When will I update? I dont know...
    ' DSB!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor
    I say Konami because (yes, he's said it before) Kojima said it'd be his last MGS game. So I th ink they'll still want to leave the franchise open for a new director.
    kojima keeps saying that. Watch, he'll be back for MGS5 cuz fans love him. I mean who else can replace a master storyteller like kojima? tuff job i say.
    11/30/03-11/30/05. Thanks CA, for all the great inspiration. When will I update? I dont know...
    ' DSB!

Thanks
    yes i do ill post then in a min.

and yes i do agree with you, i tried to pick up his style...and its not that hard...but once i try to branch out i tend to forget Yojis basics

EDIT

SWEET...cuz the trailer is not even on the site yet

Thanks
    more scans

these are all i have

Thanks
    oh my fucking god...how sick was that trailer??

killzone has nothing to this...plus its 100% real-time...i bet no one has even a doubt, cuz there are ways to prove it...

i cant wait till november, since MGA2 will have its own version of "solid eye" i hope it gives us more of an idea about mgs4...also did you notice when snake turned his on, you can see the new overhead map in the top right corner?

simply amazing

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostSathanas
    oh my fucking god...how sick was that trailer??

killzone has nothing to this...plus its 100% real-time...i bet no one has even a doubt, cuz there are ways to prove it...

i cant wait till november, since MGA2 will have its own version of "solid eye" i hope it gives us more of an idea about mgs4...also did you notice when snake turned his on, you can see the new overhead map in the top right corner?

simply amazing
    i was d/ling the trailer, and my internet ef's up on me
    ' DSB!

Thanks
    save mem and get the WM version...theyre both shitty quality
    Last edited by FrostSathanas; September 16th, 2005 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks

Thanks
    You can get a high-quality version from 1up.com. I really hope Konami will give us the real trailer, because it's a pretty messed up with all the music from different games mixing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darkarts
    You can get a high-quality version from 1up.com. I really hope Konami will give us the real trailer, because it's a pretty messed up with all the music from different games mixing.
    yea, the real trailer is up.
    ' DSB!

Thanks
    uhhh I don't know about the rest of you, but I just saw the trailer and I am impressed to say the least. The immersion, the environment...the story telling should be great on this one. Otocon's inside that little walking camcorder? what a dork (but that little thing walking around seems pretty sweet!)

From a graphics standpoint saying "the textures are so real" , "the animation is so good!" ect are pretty boring advancements, however...the realism is starting to work out really well for 3D. Things are becoming more how they are. Dirt, Water, skin movements, muscles moving and flexing over the frame of the character. Did anyone look at snake's neck in the trailer close to the start? He swallows his breath and you can see the skin on his neck move in with the movement of his throat. o___O in a pretty fast and normal looking way. That was cool.

www.gametrailers.com on the front page right now.
    Last edited by one2hit; September 18th, 2005 at 08:05 PM.
    N & B

~Sketches

Thanks
    Wow. Snake looks senile. Also I thought the mechs with the organic looking legs sucked.
    And why is Otacon still young(or middle aged) while Snake is getting senior citizen coupons? Flash back maybe?
    "BANG! You're dead Max Payne."

Thanks
    I just thought of something, Ocelot appears in every MGS installment and apparantly he has a major contribution to the story. If Solid Snake is old in MGS4, Ocelot would be dead or on a wheel chair!

Thanks
    Snake, because he is a clone of Big Boss, has a natural defect that causes him to age faster. This becomes apparent when Liquid asks him "drowning in time?" when Ocelot steals RAY. This is also why Liquid wanted the remains of Big Boss, to possibly cure any diseases/imperfections his offspring could/would get. This explains why he ages a lot more than Otacon.

So you will be seeing Ocelot again. Or maybe Liqucelot. Whatever. Hey, there's Raiden!

By the way, snake looks old on stills, but he's still very much the badass snake in motion.

I actually liked the chicken leg Metal Gears, but I found the fact they made noise quite strange. I think it's interesting since it seems to come from RAYS screeches, but yeah, it's pretty weird.

Thanks
    i cant load the trailer

konami must have taken it down this bootleg trailer, so the link from gametrailers.com doesnt work, although i hear when konami sets up their official site they will have a direct feed trailer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deimos
    i cant load the trailer

konami must have taken it down this bootleg trailer, so the link from gametrailers.com doesnt work, although i hear when konami sets up their official site they will have a direct feed trailer
    nevermind, i finally got it to work...

it BLEW. ME. AWAY.

im drooling over these new Shinkawa designs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkZeal
    Also I thought the mechs with the organic looking legs sucked.
    I thought the same thing when I saw the screenshots, but when I watched the trailer they looked awesome in motion. I could see those things really hauling ass. I'm really impressed with the animation in the trailer.

0kelvin
    www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast