*Nintendo Revolution Controller*
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: *Nintendo Revolution Controller*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

*Nintendo Revolution Controller*

3D Pointing. Sensors understand up, down, left, right, forward and backward.
    Tilt Sensitive. Controller can be rotated or rolled from side-to-side.
    Buttons Included. Has a trigger on its backside, face buttons, and a D-Pad.
    Multifunctional. Has an expansion port which can be used with different types of controller peripherals. Analog stick with two trigger buttons planned for left hand.
    Wireless. Totally wire-free. Currently there are no details on the max distance, source or power, or otherwise.
    Rumble Built-in. Included as a standard in all the controllers.

EDGE photos

don't rule it out for simply being different guys --- first think of how nice FPS games are going to be without any shitty duel-analogue instead full 3d range of axis control --- RAWK!

Finally we get a next-gen with something new --

IGN.com impressions

Last edited by Sammy; September 16th, 2005 at 01:49 AM.

my website
    -- playing: "Pikmin 3" and "World of Tanks"
    -- reading: "Death of the Liberal Class" -Chris Hedges

O my soul, do not aspire to immortal life, but exhaust the limits of the possible. - Pindar
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well it is different thats for sure, i think i would need to use it before i can make any real jugdment on it.

'I HAVE NOT FAILED.I'VE JUST FOUND 10,000 WAYS THAT WON'T WORK.'

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Personally i'm thinking how Nintendo will get more support from 3rd party. I mean think about it. If a company wants to make a game for all consoles, then don't you think it'd be hard to make it for Revolution? for example , xbox 360, ps3 there pretty similiar (controller wise) but looking at revo's controller it would be kinda wierd eh? Anyway i'm guessing it still looks pretty cool. even for a video controller lol. it would be pretty cool playing an fps in it tho.

Da Vinci was a concept artist
    11/30/03-11/30/05. Thanks CA, for all the great inspiration. When will I update? I dont know...
    ' DSB!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehe video
    japanese people rule.

light sabre fights are gonna be fun on this badboy.

Quote Originally Posted by obid619
    Personally i'm thinking how Nintendo will get more support from 3rd party. I mean think about it. If a company wants to make a game for all consoles, then don't you think it'd be hard to make it for Revolution? for example , xbox 360, ps3 there pretty similiar (controller wise) but looking at revo's controller it would be kinda wierd eh? Anyway i'm guessing it still looks pretty cool. even for a video controller lol. it would be pretty cool playing an fps in it tho.
    Revolution does have GC controller ports ---

my website

O my soul, do not aspire to immortal life, but exhaust the limits of the possible. - Pindar

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the statement about nintendo shafting third party is mentioned all over the forums.

but sammy's right it does have gc ports and if you take a closer look at the controller and rotate it, it looks like a NES controller and most likely plays like one.

we also have to remmember that the whole point is to exclude and to...dare i say "revolutionize" the gaming market. Nintendo will suport what most of the others will not and vis-versa...and we all like to own more than one piece of hardware
    I 'm all for this, no matter what it will make our carrers in this industry even more inventive & interesting...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Heheh I was just gonna post about it. Found it on slashdot.

I wonder if you can use one controller in each hand for extra power. Edit: oh there's a thingamajib on a cord thing that works with the second hand.

Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well if Nintendo actual get there act together and don’t drag there heels with non existent first party support like always then it could be cool. But I’m a Nintendo fan boy so ill be first in line to get disappointed.

The scrawny white sketchbook ring
    OISHIINIKU CAKEYPIGDOG MYA RES D-BAKER ASHAB
    DAVISON

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn, it looks awesome..

re: third party developers - one of the demos shown to people at the show was the first level of metroid prime 2: echoes, retrofitted to work with the revolution controller - that says a lot for backward compatibility and developers being able to port FPS games over from PS or Xbox

i am friggen' excited - IMO, Ninty definitely delivered on its promise

...so what if i'm bored, and ordinary?...

currently playing: Super Mario 64 DS, ICO (grrrr....)

This is the best thing they have done since the power glove.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    But hopefully it'll actually work worth a shit unlike the powerglove.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Powerglove didn't have the games or hardware to work.

I wonder if it uses similar gyro's like in Draganflyer. I think they're called piezo (sp?) gyros and apparently they have gotten a lot cheaper recently.

Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll wait to see how it plays before I can say if it's any good or not... BUT, one "thing" already...... there are only 4 buttons and they haveto give them the same names? Unless they do the same thing (which I hope not), I don't see why they can't spring for acouple extra letters.

Anyway, cool design, prom.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think it looks damn sexy! looks pretty comfy to hold, the underside has a large "dent" for your 1st finger to go. the little lights at the bottom to show what player# you are is a nice touch.

it will be weird at first, i mean everyone is used to playing with one control pad, stretched sideways, with both hands. but i think it will be just like the N64 pad when it first came out with the analogue. it was weird at first but people learned to love it and now it's the main feature on almost every controll pad.
    read ign's hands on impressions and other articles to get an idea of how it works, and the possibilities of new types of gameplay for traditional genres.

sinix, yeah thats a bit strange. but i dont think they do they same thing. i think its AB/ab, but who knows they may change the letters of 2 of them.

anyway, one thing is for sure, its gonna look DAMN GOOD against my new 20" widescreen iMac G5! hahaha

peace y'all

» sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, it might be kinda cool, but it seems like you'll be having to move around alot. It may seem more like exercise then playing a videogame. That could be a good thing I guess.

Last edited by Scubasteve; September 16th, 2005 at 09:50 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus|ANJ

God bless you Prom..... I really hope they do something like this...

And by god I mean the one true Pasta Deity....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well it certainly is interesting, and theres no way in hell anyone saw that coming. On one hand it will definately make playing certain games interesting, on the other hand it will make certain games pretty much unplayable. And even if you could plug-in a GC controller, that controller pretty much sucks as well. Nintendo now has to not alienate 3rd party support and get the ball rolling, cause they have a bad habit of developing hardware around "their" needs and not other software developers. Regardless, I like the fact that it's a completely different angle, because I think that's what they needed to do, cause Sony is already going to dominate japan and most of the u.s. and M$ will have it's decent share of the u.s. and europe, cause everyone knows it will tank in japan. As much as I think this next generation is going to completely suck, the revolution has peaked my interest.

-tiny

Being stubborn towards humanity since 1982

asoir is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've got high hopes for the revolution, although I've been with Sony for years, I'm still curious if they can beat Sony's monster, Playstation.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    When I first saw it I thought it was some kind of DVD remote, did'nt know it had a trigger on the back, or motion sensitive. Just made me think it was a novelty, to have an odd controller. Now that I've taken a second look it just makes me think N64. I loved that controller. Its half of what made the games so fun to play, and this is just gonna take it to the next level. Man is it gonna rock!

We'll ride the spiral to the end, we may just go where no one's been

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes Prometheus many thanks ....famicom??!? FAMICOM FAMICOM FAMICOM never fully understood it's sex appeal untill a tissue box came into my life...

;P sammy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nintendo should really use this thing and create a healthy update to Mario-Paint.
    Can you imagine, all of us logging onto a huge blank-canvas and slinging paint at it with that controller!? *drooool*

One of the coolest things I've noticed, reguarding action FPS games --- is that the issue of 'inverted aim' verses 'noninverted' is almost entirely solved, since now you just aim rather than scrolling a cursor.
    I've been looking forward to something like this for a long time, the aiming, shooting games have gotten so boring since all you do is "move a cursor over your enemy and select him" ---- it's getting harder and harder for me to deny that FPS games are just elaborate menue screens.

oh, and where's my Pilotwings with this thing??

Prometheus - awesome, oh and your BattalionWars cover is great too

my website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ACtually, making a motion senstive controller makes more sense than we know. Just think of how many gamers move the controller anyway when they playing anyway, its about time they made it usefull!

We'll ride the spiral to the end, we may just go where no one's been

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This all makes me happy. I was doubting the gaming industry only a month ago, but between this and MGS4, among other things, I remember why I game again.

jetpack42 is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been bitter and spiteful toward nintendo for a good few years now, but I gotta say I'll reserve judgement until I play it. If they end up with a bunch of cool games, this could really work. If all they end up with is Mario Fishing and Star Fox Lightsaber Battle....I'll never give them the benefit of the doubt again.

And I'm with Sinix...pick some new letters, tards!

I self-published a book on the fundamentals of drawing from life.

http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-D...8951905&sr=8-1

http://www.endlessunlimited.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jetpack42
    I've been bitter and spiteful toward nintendo for a good few years now, but I gotta say I'll reserve judgement until I play it. If they end up with a bunch of cool games, this could really work. If all they end up with is Mario Fishing and Star Fox Lightsaber Battle....I'll never give them the benefit of the doubt again.
    I wondering the same thing. The potential is definately there, and now it's just a matter of time to see real software and how it all comes together. If anything it could open up a lot of new ways to do things, and developers will have to be creative again. Either that, or we'll see a couple good first party games a year like what happened with the cube.

-tiny

Being stubborn towards humanity since 1982

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am really not sure about this one ... I will reserve judgement but It just seems like it is a big mess up waiting to happen. The Revolution can use the GC controllers? That might save it but it just doesn't seem that practical or comfortable to me. It might be pretty but I am not sure how playable it is. Least for me. It might work great though but I am just not sure how right now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh my days, I am so shocked!
    I mean seriously, it's really great of them to think of something fresh but not that weird!

I am an RPG, Action, Racing and Horror geners fan, so that means I like Final Fantasy style, Devil May Cry style, burnout 3 style and Silent Hill style of games. And I am thinking how on earth this controller will control that kind of games?!

My opinion: this could be the biggest mistake nintendo will ever do, or the best ever fucking idea nintendo had. I will go for the PS3 anyway, I like retro stuff!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was fortunate enough to give this baby a test run, and all I can say is its pretty fucking cool!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You serious?

How, when, where?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by I_LOVE_ART
    You serious?

How, when, where?
    Oracrest works at Retro --- on a little game that rhymes with Petroid Mrime

my website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think this should be Nintendo's new controller

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.