Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    fantastic portrait shyam - - if i had to nitpick (still looks like a work in progress) i'd say that the rendering on the babe's cleavage is tending to flatten them out. I love that sepia effect.... that's probably really hard to pull off.
    -joel

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Diego :: You r always welcome bro glad to know u r joined in CGTALK Sketchathon as well..

incolorinred :: thanx buddy..sorry i didnt get u..can u pls elaborate it?

Rebeccak :: *blush* thanx for giving me the HUGH COMPLIMENT Miss
    i agree about her rough body works.. but i didnt like her face so..now i dont want to spend more time... anyways..glad u like her face.

mentler :: Thanx a lot Sir. i agree about that stern mastoid..will try to fix it soon.

seth1 :: WOW thanx buddy..i appriciate ur time man... keep them coming ! thanx for the help

guggenmaneuver :: thanx like i mentioned before..i didnt like her face..no likeness there so i lost my interest..i know this is not the way to do study...but ....anyways..thanx..maybe will try to work more on that...

this is for my friend , gift for his Girlfriend's Birthday shes more beautiful than this btw

Shyam's Sketchbook  (04-11-2012)

and now...updates of my VERY VERY OLD Work..
    btw im damn confused about the light source here...i cant use the light source only the moon....it will make her horrible look....so i used one more lightsource from top right corner.. HELP ?

Thanks
    Another update. -_- Good.
    You know what I think about Honey, Shyam. So instead, I'll comment upon that blonde lady.
    It's looking nice, of course it does, but something in her face looks a bit slant. Oh whatever, you probably know. Your friend (and his girlfriend) will probably be very happy for this!

Thanks
    Hiya Shyam, I see you re still at this one I like the colours and the pose, drapery looks good, but I think overall she looks a bit manly, not feminine enough, a bit bigboned. But that might be only my preference in how women should look. Over all - you should finish it!!!
    Last edited by fooxoo; January 13th, 2006 at 04:39 AM.
    SKETCHBOOK

Sinister Six Sketch Group
    Since 2003, sorta.
    Cookiedough Fooxoo Hyver Wolfje character

Thanks
    That is a pretty nice protrait. Dont underestimate your skills. But if you say she's prettier. Well... I believe ya!
    Neoknocker

Sketches. Crits are welcomed!

CHOW Time!

“I think you do what you’re destined to do, if you follow your heart and you follow your path, then you’ll always be safe with anything that you do, including art.”
    Serj Tankian -singer with System of a Down-

Thanks
    http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3538/honey16td.jpg
    Can you please give me her telephone number? i think i'm in love... I always wanted to date some girl with blue skin

seriously, i really enjoy the way you develop your flesh tones...this last one is so amazingly accurate in terms of the coloration of the different areas of the face. your understanding of facial anatomy is a true inspiration.

no crits. only geeky ass pats for you shyam. keep up the blue-moon-sitting babe-fest. I will check back soon!!!

-joel

Thanks
    neoKnocker :: Thanx buddy

guggenmaneuver :: Hehe....sorry buddy she dont use phone
    glad u like it

Update...

C&C are most welcome

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shyamshriram For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Sweet updates Shyam! The latest one is turning out great!
    Two crits:
    First off, I really dig the way youve rendered the skintone, looks almost as if its glowing, too. The skin and the jewellery/clothes on top could be unified more with some bounce lights so we see whats in close contact. For example, her arms might get a touch of that purple reflecting from her clothes. Take a look at how different colour clothes affect skin tone, especially fairer skin like this.
    The second crit I see is that the pillow doesnt seem to be sitting on the moon, but rather just floating in space in front of it. Did you use ref for it? Maybe increase the intensity of the bounce lights on the bottom, and decrease it on the top, since its now recieving as much light anyway. TOp might also have some bounce lights from the dress.
    Keep at it, cant wait to see where you take this one!
    Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Great work, shyamshriram. The sepia portrait from ref looks really good, only crit there is that her right eye gives the impression by its angle that it is not on the same plane as the other or rather that it is set back too far. I have to say though that I really like the over all rendering.

The woman on the moon swing is gorgeous. I agree with SirGreenSock that an amount of reflected light as well as more underlighting might be needed. Another effect that could potentially unify the piece is to add a hint of wrap-around glow along the outer edge of her legs and throw her chins and the drapery into shadow - where the glow might not reach as much.

I really enjoy vewing your work, your talents far exceed anything that I could do, so my observations come from a humble place.

-Yeti

Thanks
    Hey man, i really dig the woman on the moon-swing, very interesting use of a flat white for a sense of luminosity, keep it up!

Thanks
    Hi man,
    as I said I admire you by your work (is only mean I can know you), thanks for posting in my SB (I kind neglected lately). What I want to ask you is to be so kind and post your opinion in this thread:
    Artist state of mind or "Artist-mode"

I know you Indians have huge experience in inner states
    thanks a lot.

Thanks

Thanks
    shyam this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! do post more work and keep inspiring artists like me
    Let the brush flow....

Thanks
    the girl on the moon swing sure is attractive! Did you paint her from a reference? do you know her?

Thanks
    uau
    immpresive page here
    i'm not shure what to like most!!!!!
    I guess the sketches ar close 2 my heart!!!!
    good job!

Thanks
    and the last one of course

Thanks
    Really nice fine quality on the last pieces. You spend a lot of time to get it right and it pays. The entire face (specially like the eyes) has character and a lot of expression. As far as i can see, there is just a little proportion issue with the picture right hand on the hottie5 image. the middle part of the hand seems a little bit to small compare to the rest of the arm.

Really like the hands on HONEY4! Give her skirt, hair and pillor slight highlights and finalize her by doing that. The light source is fine, because i would not see that she is sitting on the "Moon", it is more like a moon shaped swing on a grassy hill. Yeah just highlights, dude.

Henrik

Thanks
    Shyam, I know you are busy and your life changed with new job and everything, but I wish you started posting again, at least one time in two weeks. Miss your great art and your kindness.
    Sveta

Thanks
    Hi everyone !! extremely sorry for not updating my sketchbook lately...as sve said...im bit busy in my new job..im trying to adjust myself as a background artist in an Animation Studio..its quite new to me.. but i will definately try to update as much as i can. Thanx for support everyone ! *HUG*

I went to Zoo after AGES....

Thanks

Thanks
    Gorgeous Shyam!!!! Those trees are sooo nice!
    SKETCHBOOK

Since 2003, sorta.

Thanks
    Beautiful work, your studys are truly inspirational. This may be a stupid question but are you Indian? Keep posting!

Thanks
    Thanx Fooxoo and Jarri...Yea im an Indian..and i dont think thats a stupid question

Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 469 Posts
    WONDERFULL !!

wow, i love it all!

you know i do
    cheers !!

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Hello, Shyam, great to hear from you finally. And that's what I'm talking about, there is always sweet kindness in your posts, in writing and in art too. Kind, friendly attention to animals, people or any other object you draw and the themes you chose, warm my heart, very sympathetic.

So how are you, working hard? How do you like it, the new job? Is it creative? Do they give you enough time to think your project over? Hope you are having a lot of fun too. Hope it's what you want to do.

Wonderful update, and again so much to learn from you. Striking how you pick up and make prominent the shapes in objects. Wonderful skill! I will be pushing in this direction too, because your drawings look great, volume and precision is beautiful. Fore shortening looks effortless in your art.

My favorite are elephants, geese, lizards and its paws and your wonderful trees, I can tell you are romantic from these trees. They are so dreamy, so far from fast life tempo around them. Little oases of eternal happiness .

may i ask how long it took you to draw the tree in this manner? looks lovely,

I never noticed that elephant knees are so close to the ground. Are their forearm bones much shorter than arm's?
    Thank you so much. Hope to see you often.
    Sveta
    Last edited by sve; March 30th, 2006 at 10:01 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shyamshriram
    Thanx Fooxoo and Jarri...Yea im an Indian..and i dont think thats a stupid question
    haha cool man. I'm originally from Pakistan myself.

Thanks
    Aww, your animal studies are fantastic! Really confident, flowing lines and a great sense of volume, too. I'm going to do some drawing at a zoo next week. Any tips for a noob?
    Can't wait to see more.

Ta, Nick.

The scrawny white sketchbook ring
    OISHIINIKU CAKEYPIGDOG MYA RES D-BAKER ASHAB
    DAVISON

Thanks
    I've already told u what I think about the sketches...........U r great..... U've inspired me so much.......Rather Its u, who made me work...... I want to thank u for ur kindness........
    Keep posting and kicking me............... (Respect)

Thanks
    Beautiful stuff, honestly man. My girlfriend's crazy about your watercolor work. All in all your skills are very solid! I think the only critique I could offer is to practice some more flowing, curvy lines in some of your pieces; more like the ones in the animal studies you did, the curves in those were really natural and I think it'd be good to see them in your figurative works as well. Basically, fantastic sketchbook! Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    hi! this is really a cool SB...love the loose sketches and the dig paintings and...well.almost everything...i didn't have enought time to scroll through the whole SkB, but did you ever try to illustrate some indian mythological situations, i think it would look cool (ramayana or mahabharata)...i think you should try (since my mom's indian i went there a few times, but all the myth pics looked all the same and well...just as other religious pics they were so...static?)

anyway, keep posting!

Thanks
    great stuff.. cool update.. love that tree..

Thanks
    Impressive work, great job at catching the likeness in your photo studies. Great use of colour in the moon picture. You are like a pro or something, can't wait to see more.

Thanks
    These are really nice. I love the variety of styles.

I like the trees a lot, they make me think of places I've visited when I see them.

My favorite thing has to be the little wild eyed creature on page 5. He's awsome.

Look forward to seeing more!

Thanks
    animal studies are awesome, great stuff!

Thanks
    awesome linjework! really cool!
    great portraits as well!

fine stuff!

Thanks
    looking good man, looking very good, those animals are just awesome....

Thanks
    Awesome update.

Later man.
    Neoknocker

Sketches. Crits are welcomed!

CHOW Time!

“I think you do what you’re destined to do, if you follow your heart and you follow your path, then you’ll always be safe with anything that you do, including art.”
    Serj Tankian -singer with System of a Down-

Thanks
    Ah, you updated with the animal sketches. Good to see. Wonderful studies, you must learn a lot from it. Animals are beautiful, and I myself concider it an honor if one's able to draw them. Keep it up Shy!

Thanks
    Damn what a great sketchbook. I like your sketches best, especially the clearity and quality of your lines. Something I could learn a lot from...

Cheers, Arco
    My CA sketchbook

My comfy Sofa

Thanks
    Thanx Everyone for the feedback sorry im not able to give reply now ...will try to give as soon as possible..

ok...Update time
    its for u SVE (hope she like it )

Its a speedpaint actually..ive spent 2-3 hrs. for this..(no ref. used)
    Painter + Photoshop

Thanks
    nice....and beautiful.......... ..... .. Love the colors..........too good for a speed paint.....Like it a lot...

Thanks
    Thanx again...

some lastest sketches....

From ref.

My first Environment..client didnt like it

My Latest WIP

Thanks
    Nice going Shyam! I especially like the yellow room with the barrels. Really dangerous-looking, like some alarm could start beeping any minute.

Thanks
    Hello, Shyam . Thank you so much. I love it, who could be indifferent to such a loveliness. Those old trees, and lights, and colors. So mysterious, enchanting. Surreal! You chose colors which go to subconscious level. They are not solid , but on opposite, they are flickering, very gently. I like the slight slant of the trees and the little purple pretty lights on long legs. I'm not even sure it's flowers. i think it's a fantasy creatures, little rulers of this magic forest. Because their light is small but persistent.

I love it, Shyam, it's like it is happening in my mind in slow motion, with this special lighting which exist in memories, sharp and indefinite in the same time. I saved it. Such a shame I can't create such a beauty for you. .

In the last update my most favorite is the last WIP. Idea is very appealing. Woman has very curvy lines, very whimsical and her legs are very strong. It's like she is Mother Nature itself. Pose is confident and calm. And this lights again, make the image hypnotic.
    The colors are earthy. The climber is streaming up her leg. Well if she is not Nature herself, it's probably soul of tree.

Thank you so much for posting this anatomy study, gorgeous, very attractive and again this very clear vision of how human figure is built. They say it' the hardest thing to draw, human figure. So cool that you gave her so many personal, and even national features. Plus expression of her face adds an interest.

The first design is great. Beautiful lines and feeling of motion. Just a pleasure to look, so refined.

Enviro. If you want I can tell my impression. It creates claustrophobic feeling. Maybe you wanted this effect. I don't know, but these walls and ceiling are kind of trapping. The monochrome colors add to that.
    I wonder though why you didn't make the foreground objects sharper then BG? It would help eyes to recognised the deepness better, I think.
    Well, the image surely effects brains, I think. Kind of trapping effect.

Hope you are doing great. I was meaning to ask you, Shyam. What genre in art do you like? Do you have many art museums in the place you live? I'm interested to hear what collection do they show there? Russia, where I am from, bought a lot of impressionistic paintings in its time. And there are plenty of Russians great masters. I would love to hear about art in your country. Especially what genres prevail.
    See you
    Sveta

Thanks
    Thanx SVE glad u liked it i'll try give all the answers soon.

WIP Finished(?)

BLOSSOM
    like SVE said..u can call her MOTHER NATURE

Critiques are always appriciated

48. The Following User Says Thank You to shyamshriram For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Wow, Shyam, I didn't expect this beautiful effect with the body glowing. You did it wonderfully. Lovely. I adore this shining though her knees and belly. Very sensual and attractive in the same time.
    I like it like this, but maybe you can experiment a bit with the brown BG behind her, make it a little more interesting, less monotone, it is a very big space filled with the same color with no information for viewer. Not many changes though, more like these light smokey streaks you added on the bottom. On the other hand, maybe not.
    Sveta
    I saved it. Effects are gorgeous!!!!

Thanks
    hi man!! freaking lovely updates Im glad to see your bussy, on this last one
    the hands look a bit to big for my taste, I would love to see more love
    and maybe some ref work applied to hands a feet so that the pic shine
    to its fullest potencial, not that I dislike it, but since you have all the
    composicion and main data layied down all you need now is tighten up
    some part and the pic would look much more strong, Im not sure if leaving
    the line work is a good idea, you see in kinda competes with the rendering
    and makes the image look a bit dirty and unfinshed I would dich the lines
    and make for a full light render cuase with the ligthing you are using
    I belive this one would look asum as a full non edged painting, she is
    lacking the tension form the main mucles of the neck, with the head fully turned
    you would see a lot of the neck mucles.

Ok that is about all, I do like this one, and I never critic something unless
    I like it, and well take my input with salt cuase Im still figureing stuff out

Thanks
    Hello Everone ! updating my Sketchbook after Ages...sorry..

SVE ::Thanx for ur asusal kindenss Sveta, im bit busy nowadays..doing work at studio
    and at home too. (finally) right now im working on one 3d animated series
    and one flash movie, lots of interesting work is going on
    that first tree is from imagination and the second is from ref. it took me
    approx. 20-25 min.

Jarri :

oishiiniku : Thanx man..well...u want tips from me? *blush* lol
    ok will try...dont go for details at the frist..try to feel the form from
    outside as well as inside too. i hope it helps.

arya : Thanx for ur kindness.

Snuggle : I'm glad ur girlfriend like my works im agree with ur flow thing
    with my figure drawings..will try to apply that

TheGnoll : Thanx mate, i really appriciate ur observation about
    indian mythological paintings..but there r lots of great indian painters
    how did many great mythological paitings..and i will try to post some of the
    indian mythological paintings..i havent done the same...but will try it, Thanx for
    the reminder pal

That fad kid : Thanx Kid
    JoeHell : Thanx !

Alcian : LOL thanx for calling me Pro...but i know im not

Artguy : Thanx man..im glad u liked my works.

Asoir : Thanx

Flaskpot : Cheers !

VeSeljak : Thanx mate

neoknocker : Thanx for stopping by buddy

JaneM : Thanx Jane ! yea its an honor to draw such wonderful animals.

ArcoNL : Thanx mate..yea we can learn a lot from each other !

SVE : I'm glad u liked that tree about my fav. genre in art..
    well..i like every good artform..no matter its realistic or stylised, after
    i joined in an animation studio as a pre production artist..now im
    able to do colour keys, backgrounds, so now i love to do landscapes more
    than before..butpersonaly i love realsitic paintings..specially fantacy paintings..like
    Sir Frank Frazzeta. I love Sir Criag Mullins (www.goodbrush.com) works also..hes the Masterpainter
    who is the pro in Traditional as well as Digital Media. im learning a lot
    from his amazings works.

maxetormer : Thanx for the in deapth feedback Bro
    i agree with ur points..will try to fix it. right now im doing some new
    works..i know im too lazy to work on my old works lets see...

some latest speedpaints...10 min. each

2-3 hrs. each

here is my latest painting..i tried to paint the whole jungle set and char. for the first time..so dont kill me ok i know there r lots of mistakes..but i learnt a lot..after all we can learn better from our own mistakes..isnt it?
    btw i ve used ref. for the waterfall & the Puma and some rock pix in tree texture.

PS CS2 with my intuos3 Taby 7-8 happy hrs.

Looking forward for the feedback..
    Last edited by shyamshriram; May 14th, 2006 at 04:03 AM.

52. The Following User Says Thank You to shyamshriram For This Useful Post:

asa

Thanks
    Last one left me breathless, jesus christ!!! your good!
    MM, the girls hair on the last one it not flowing as naturally,
    as it could, look up some mucha paintings perhaps breaking up
    the mass of tone you have, could make for a more appealing hair,
    the lighting and compo is reall nice tho, and I love big cats,
    The color on the chest might be a bit on the garrish saturation
    zone on this one http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../Warrior_G.jpg
    This one I love the feel and sence of deep, but again I belive the
    cape could look more dinamic, it feels a bit static as it is, see how
    a scarf move on the wind, I think it lack some hard foldings here and
    there, try beeing more playfull with the shapes maybe?
    http://www.phayul.com/images/news/ar...13124847YX.jpg

Other than this Im complety envious of your imagination, progress
    and ability, please keep this great work coming!!

Thanks
    Hello, Shyam. Happy to hear that you are well and enjoying your work. That's a lot to have a job that you like. Heheh, yeah. me too, I like every genre that exists in art, even constructivism, there are some funny portraits made in in this manner, although I look at them more like a caricature.
    And yes, Craig Mullins is absolutely wonderful.

Thank you so much for tutorial, it 's great and a different from other people manner to paint. For me the nature in your landscape looks surreal, although it looks velvety soft and comforting. I like every page of the process separately, because they are all beautiful art, starting from moody lines and to the last colored page.
    As a note I would add that there is a contradiction. I don't see any wind in the picture, the leaves of the plant are hanging down naturally, so the grasses, but the hair of the beautiful girl struggling with pretty strong wind. It's the only detail which is risen up, the rest is falling down. But it is not disturbing. The painting looks wonderful anyway I look.

See you, all the best
    Sveta

Thanks
    oooh! thanks for the update shyam--> i was a little skeptical when i saw that saturated dark green but of course you pulled it off like a mastermind. I knew in fact that you would wow! AND HOLY CRAP awesome!

subscribed to make it easier for me to see when you update, sneaky sneaky lovely last couple of posts... your speedpaints are looking SUPERIOR!

keep up the fantastic progress...your colorizing skills are unique and powerful...i'm coming to india to steal them from you.

Thanks

‡‡‡‡‡ 5 Bones ‡‡‡‡‡

Superb <> haven't looked in a while <> really wonderful works

Thanks
    maxetormer : Thanx again man...yea i agree with the hair thing,
    LOL wind is just for hairs..i did that stupidity
    thanx for the feedback on the other works also..will try to keep that in
    mind..

and what did u say?? u r envious of my imagination?? LOL good one man..u know what?
    whenever i see the works of other artists here at CA..i think i dont have imagination

anyways..thanx for ur kind words Bro !

SVE : Thax Sveta..yea u r right about the wind thing..its looking too
    weird to me now
    anyways..thanx..im glad u liked it

guggenmaneuver : Hehe thanx mate..im glad u r liking my work..and u
    subscribed my thread also? WOW im honoured !
    come to India any time

mentler : Thanx a lot for stopping by and for the kind words Sir!
    sorry for not posting regularly..was kinda busy with my job..

Latest WIP

Still lots of work is left...
    Looking forward for the feedback

58. The Following User Says Thank You to shyamshriram For This Useful Post:

asa

Thanks
    hey shayam! beautiful work like usual, missed seeing your stuff, hope you are well.

m

Thanks
    Hiya Shyam ... gotta love this last one, but she is waaaaaaaay too orange .....

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...gle_babe_B.jpg - and this is beautiful.
    SKETCHBOOK

Since 2003, sorta.

Thanks
    again, very, very nice stuff
    the last one looks very good, love the "Frazetta" old school look, very nice.
    You're very, very good with natuaral soft lines (human anatomy, animal anatomy and all of nature's creations) but i think you still have a weakness with hi tech stuff.I think it would really help you to practice on somethin g"different" from your usual subjects, like some completely futuristic enviro (one with less curves) or some thing that looks really "bad" (dunno, maybe some evil fantasy villain or a sci-fi mastermind?)

whatever, keep 'em coming very nice stuff
    (btw, just discovered i've got some cousins in bangalore...maybe i'll pay a visit one day hehe )

ciao

Thanks
    Magic Man : Thanx for Stopping by mate, im glad u think my work is beautiful.

fooxoo : Hey Edite..thanx, btw im still working on that piece..i know shes too orange... will post the update soon

TheGnoll : HOW DARE YOU ??? TheGnoll LOL you are absolultely correct buddy, you caught me red handed..yea im weak in hi tech stuff...but i think im weak in other things as well but im trying..lets see..but thanx for the reminder..much appriciated ! and your cousins are in Bangalore? thats great man..come to Bangalore..would love to meet u in person :-)

btw after TheGnoll said..i tried something..i know its not that good..but i think its not too bad for a start...

Latest Speedpaint...1-2 hrs. PS CS 2 with my Taby

Date

Since im a newbie in this kinda stuff..feedback would be much appriciated..
    Last edited by shyamshriram; May 21st, 2006 at 11:33 AM.

Thanks
    hey man, welcome back
    it's been a while, your art has grown very quickly, love the colors you're using.
    A pleasure to stop by, hope you keep postin'
    Cheers

Thanks
    Diego Thanx for the warm welcome man ! sorry for not updating for a long time..will try to post as much as i can..thanx for ur kindness

Another WIP

FLYING MACHINE

I'm planning to work on the background as well...if you have any suggestion..feel free

65. The Following User Says Thank You to shyamshriram For This Useful Post:

asa

Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 469 Posts
    wonderfull stuff!!

those environments is great!!!

BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK