Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 - Page 4

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tree's need to reproduce too ya know

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that was classic poise!!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey hey everyone.

I just got Tomorrow off from work and since it's beautiful outside i will bust out my easel and oils and go paint in the park, by the pond, where we had Art out Loud 2.0.

I've been going there for lunch for the past week and scouting out good compositions for landscapes. and now that the leaves are turning it is an even cooler spot to paint at. So if you're bored come out and join me. I'll be there around noon. Maybe even earlier.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Art Out Loud 2.0 paintings

i finally got around to photographing our Art Out Loud 2.0 paintings. Still not perfect becasue i had to use the flash indoors

here goes:

This one was started by Greg Manchess, and you can see his masterwork at the top becasue no one of us had the balls to touch it. why mess with perfection.
    I went in afterwards and after much strugling made the gargantuan horse.
    Snowsfall went in and turned my persian dude (yes there was a dude there) into Merlin after Winjer taunted him on. Then i'm not sure waht happened.
    Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3

and a detail of Greg's handy work:
    Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3
    crap - not much of a close up.

the rest of these i had to put in between newspaper to transport. i didnt take the newspaper off in time so its pretty stuck on there. but i think it makes them suck less with the "collage" aspect.

This one i saw Winjer, Snowsfall, and karichristensen work on. Not sure of the order.

Details:

I started this one off with a guy falling after Winjer gave me a topic to paint. I'm not sure who went into it after me but this one we had as many as 3 people working on at the same time. Lynn Foster and her son Guy had a hand in the bright colors and the bubbles. Lynn and I were painting over each others work constantly on this. She turned my initial figure into a woman. But i kept on seeing a dude punching the ground. While she was working on the body, i was fixing up the face and making the back arm punch the ground and she kept on painting over it becasue she was not sure waht i was doing. after that karichristensen went in and was doing something on it. I saw a head coming out of the bottom and kari made the head rock.

Details:

I started this one off using an oil stick like Rick Berry did at the original Art Out Loud. but mine did not turn out anywhere as good as his. Snowsfall went in to fix all my mistakes. and after him Greg Manchess went in and really sassed up the face. kari went in afterwards and started adding a claw and spikes. and Poise went in after him and got rid of the claw and threw in the background.

Details:

this is my evil flash making the painting look evil.

well it was a fun event and i hope to do another one as soon as the weather warms up so you sissies won't complain that you're cold.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 469 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    what, no more until spring? It was like 75 degrees out today!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah but i found out that i had the day off last minute.

We're meeting up tomorrow for the regular Sketch group but its gonna be in the park and i'm bringing my watercolors.

Also tomorrow is the NY marathon so its gonna be pretty roudy out.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 469 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    where's info on the regular sketch group? I'm a Philly boy, don't know these things

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its in the process of changing - usually meet up at 1 penn plaza outside of Penn Station at 1:30 but now its gonna change to meeting at the Met at noon. But tomorrow were're meeting up at the big fountain in the PArk at 72nd st. Call me (561-827-3451) if you're planning on coming and get lost. Or ask Hito to come with. he's met up with me a few times before.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    way to kill our masterpieces with newspaper.

masterpieces... hah!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whaa? blue man group has a casting call?!! see you asses later

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey hey -
    we, at the NYC Subway Sketch Group are putting up a show of our work.

Here’s the deal. One of or members, Nathan Schreiber, and I have been talking about putting up our Subway Sketch Group Work at his apartment/gallery.

Here are the details:
    Iron Works Gallery
    259 East 134th Street
    NYC Subway Sketch Group Show
    Saturday December 3rd
    9:00PM

You can participate in the show if you’ve come out to sketch with us (be it at the regular Subway Sketch Group meetings or the Art Out Loud events). We ask that you submit one observational drawing (be it a person or an environment) and one page from your sketchbook (whatever you want). We will be collecting submissions at our Subway Sketch Group Meeting this Sunday (27th) at 12:00 PM at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. (note: if you would like to participate in the show but can’t make it this Sunday, let me know and we’ll try to work something out).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - prep time on Friday Dec. 2

PART 1
    Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well, shit.
    I got distracted with sleeping all day trying to recover from bronchitis.

I'm going up to the bronx saturday night anyways, so I'll stop by to laugh, errr say hi, to all of you...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn...sorry I am missing this. Been super busy lately (which is kinda good)
    Looks like a lot of fun...I see lots of smiley faces in those pics

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What a great idea to have a gallery show! Very nice and inspiring!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahah! this was fun I got to admit, . And Shiraj you look like you have a kids foot sticking out of your hip, hahah who did that? man and it looked like you wanted it to be a serious photo, they really screwed it up .
    It was a fun time guys, show pics from Sat. day night...

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i took a few shots on Saturday of us eating the cake. I'll have to post them later tonite.

so for the next one i'm thinking of doing a portaiture show. There were a few weeks that all we did was draw each other. I'm sure we all have plenty of material. I have a wacky caricature of you, tiff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dambi knew I had to do something this weekend....! looks great guys...

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so can we have paintings, and have frames for this one? haha

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    tell you what, we'll make it like in kindergarden, do you have enough frames for everyone?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know if anyone in Kindergarden has ever asked me that, but then again I was like, what 5 yrs old, lol.
    No! I don't have frames for everyone, I was one of those selfish little kids.hahah!
    Dude we should make our own Frames, getto, nice, however. It will be fun, and it can be just like when we were in Kindergarden, !!

Last edited by poise; December 5th, 2005 at 10:11 PM.
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    framing party!!

but before that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i must have forgoten the fact that i was supposted to document this thang. That is until the birthday cake came out.
    Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3
    Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3 Subway Sketch Group Show at the Iron Works Gallery in ModHaven, NYC - Saturday Dec. 3

Nathan and I estimated about 40 people showed up. Not bad for a spur the moment thing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    arkady, since you insist on posting goofy ass pictures of me, I'm forced to make a comeback.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I must be a ninja. I'm not in a single photo you took Arkady! And what's with my shiny-ass forehead!

Here's a lousy group of drunken thugs on the way home.

I would have been at the Sunday session, but I felt like the floor of a Yellow Cab, and my tongue was the size of a garbage truck.

-Balaskas

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *squint*, T, is that your lyra drawing I see on the wall? This looks like great fun, guys! I'm debating taking a flight up to NY after the new year to participate in one of these

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn It! What the fuck am I doin in Sweden?! Looks like a phat apartement too, we should persuade Nate to start posting in CA, so we can see some of his in-the-closet fairy and elf pics. I know hes got them.

[url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HAHAHAHA!!!!!! Tim, AMAZING!!!! i think Nate will freak out and join after you posted this pic, but then he'll get banned within a week after expressing the true nature of his rage toward the majority of the people on here. But he would make a great addition to the lounge and the crit center - if people could handle his sence of humor.

Interceptor - as tim would attest, we'll definately show you a good time. and if we don't succeed at that, we'll just get you really drunk so you don't remember otherwise.

Chris - i felt the same on sunday. almost skipped it. But it was the damn women that wouldn't stop calling.

Cam - that's a funny shot. pure documentary - unadulturated truth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol!!!! hahahaha!!! oh shit! that is Golden! watch your back Tim.
    why is Angels face pixelated?
    Yeah Loren that is my Lyra drawing. Hell yeah! we will show you around if you come!! it will be awesome!

Chris your a pimp...

edit: haha! I keep going back to Nathans face and laughing, haha, and.. he looks like such a serious, sexy elf. You RULE Tim!

Last edited by poise; December 6th, 2005 at 11:31 AM.
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.