Sketchbook: [SketchworK]
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: [SketchworK]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

[SketchworK]

These are some recent drawings from this year. Thanks for takin a look. This is my first post so I don't know if I even put the pictures in right.

The one I really would appreciate any comments on is the second one because the other ones were either from pictures or real life, so any tips would be GREAT!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, Armitah. I like the whole bunch. My favorite is the 4th. I like the portrait of a girl, But I think something wrong with her eyes (right one a little bit higher then left one, and they might be a little too close to her nose) But maybe not, it depends. Shading is done very nicely. If I took it right the dearest to your heart drawing is done from your imagination? I like it, it's probably influenced by Indian culture.?
    Regards, Sveta

Last edited by sve; September 14th, 2005 at 09:59 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow thanks. Yeah, that's actually my sister and something is kinda off with her face. Not her in real life but the drawing. I would have thought it was the mouth too, but yeah you're right, I like drawing stuff from my head. I do a bit of portraits too from pictures so people always accuse me of just copying things and not using imagination. So THAT comment was really appreciated. Indian culture? probably is. I bought this book on portraits that a photographer from national geographics put together, which had a lot of pictures from india. They're pretty unique... Thanks a lot for ur comments!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Me again. In my opinion there is nothing wrong to draw with help of some picture, movie, photo - anything, as far as your final result makes somebody's heart jump. I think even technique is not that important, also you better try your best to learn it. I've seen some paintings of 85year old woman who started to paint not so much earlier. Well. Her work reflected her life, her soul, she did have a talent and even commercial success. True story.
    Sveta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Here's another one I did this years ago. It's of Brom's Fortitude. I redid it off of a card but I think the mood is a bit different in mine than the origional. I know what you mean though about where the talent lies. My friend's kind of beginning drawing and doesn't have all the techniques down but I can still enjoy the pictures because of what's showing through them. Is there a link to that older woman?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, Armitah! Very mysterious update. What is he doing. Is it safe to be near him ?
    No, unfortunately, I don't remember her name. I just consumed her art without any conscience. It was long time ago in other life.
    Regards, Sveta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Most of my sketches started this year. Well, actually December of last year. I use to draw as a kid but stopped when I was in High School. I don't have a lot right now but tryin to get some ideas out finally. Thanks for viewin guys.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.