Sketchbook: That fat kid's a lonely, old man on these boards..... - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: That fat kid's a lonely, old man on these boards.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yep, I'm still looking. Looks like your'e drawing like there's no tommorrow.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow you're really prolific. Makes me ashamed of how slow I work.
    I love the loose gestural work that you're doing. It's very expressive.
    You definitely need to find a better image host

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, kind of a small update....

Nutter: hey man, I'm glad you keep coming back....you're continued patronage is appreciated....and yea, I never know whether there'll be a tomorrow...

SirGreenSocket: hey, I work slow too, just all the time...these forums give me a lot of motivation.....gestures are great, but I may need to render more often...and yea, image hosts are hard to come buy...

bored in class

both of these are non ref

Obvious troll is obvious

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work man.

Try some lighter handed sketches and gestures, your later images all have a really heavy qfeel to them. Not a bad thing, just a different approach!

Solid looking poses, though and interesting, too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, 'nother update....some old, some new....these are all on 18x24 paper....

Ghost: hey, I'll take your advice to heart...maybe if i use a lead hardness other than 4b...like hb or f or something...anyhow, thanks for dropping by...

class assignment, still life...new

self portrait....like 4 or 5 months old

2 year old study...

2 an a half year old study...first serious life drawing I ever did...its on 18x24 paper....thing took me forever and stuff was still all screwy...

Obvious troll is obvious

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hey, good to see your stuff again

Fat kid-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Of course i screwed up the first one...

Fat Kid-
    Its me, sedig, nipples, whatever. Great to see you stuff again. You have really been improving. BTW, OMG You could have at least told me you were posting. Mr. R. had to show me. Its really something neat to see the Agrippa drawing with your others. The comparison is amazing. If you keep drawing and improving at the same rate, you'll be ridiculous in another year. I bow down to your skills.
    Oh, and, the leg, freakin' sweet. VERY impressive. Anyway, I gots to be goin.

-SEDIG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the new study good work with the shadows they look good. The self-portrait is kind of funny you have a chin. The sunset is good I like the clouds. It is a little dark though, I figure you never would be up for sunrise anyway. Last thing is the guy with the stick has no eyes it looks alien, I don't know what your aim on that was, anatomy and didn't care about face or just alien.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

thank you that!

hey thank you, thanks for saying "nectar of the artist."

excelllent work here friend, keep it up. I like the variation of values with your images. not an easy thing to do. keep up the great work......... i like that you keep it so regulaR i e. working / posting every day or so!

the gugg

jkb

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a lot of these drawings are fading into black. may i suggest a lighter pencil, a lighter hand, or paper that doesn't eat your pencil up?

aq

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you're just moving right along, its good that you follow your own advice- lots of updates- and I see progress, and lots of it!

I like seeing the way older stuff with the newer, it shows how much improvement you've made.

keep it up, don't slack, like me

My sketchbook

My finished work

Get the full scoop on my personal Project 'Titanomachy' Here My Deviant Art page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good, man. This stuff rocks. Keep going! DRAW!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone, first time i get to say that since more than 2 or 3 posted....glad you guys dropped by, it always makes me feel better when I see a new post...

Sedig: Hey, great to hear from you, how's junior year...? right? is it everything its cracked up to be? make sure Mr. R. stays on everyone's case and makes sure you get everything you can out of him, he'll help you draw so much better.....anyhow, glad you think I'm that good, but have you seen the quality on these boards, some of these guys are demi-gods....like Van, who just posted for me, he's terrific....sedig, you keep a sketchbook and draw in it everyday, even if you don't post on here.....post again!!

Valengar: hey doug, glad to see you're a regular here, make sure you check everyone's threads out when you have time, people here crave critiques...yea, that damn stick guy's eyes are supposed to be closed but they just read as holes with the contrast raised....how's school? come back soon man...

Gugg: Thanks for the kind words, I'll be on your sketchbook so keep updating....and the work ethic is derived from my almost obsessive drive to get better....I'm going to change my signature to that "nectar" thing right after this post....

Antquin: Thanks for dropping by....I usually up the contrasts an midtones after I scan, but I'll try some lighter pencils too. I usually sketch with a 4B, but I'll use some f, hb, and 2h for awhile and see what i can churn out....my sketchbooks paper has almost no tooth, so that ain't it.....

TGping: its nice to see the same guys over and over again...makes me feel like I have concerned classmates....progress is just a measure of desire and time, so we all better be making some....keep coming back, its nice to see you here....

van: Hey van, thanks for posting here, I love it when the guys I look up to drop by and leave me a few words...and I will draw, everyday, everytime I get a chance....

these are just some random non ref I did during a movie....

Obvious troll is obvious

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=5][COLOR=Black]

So cool to see your stuff again! i like to see your class projects to. i think there awesome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    andrew you suck so much... your work shows total incompitence.. and i love it...
    i see you are blowing me out of the water stil.. but im working on it... liking how full the sketchbook is geting now that you can post... keep em coming and maybe give me a lil help
    tah

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

back again

Hey again. Im purchasing a sketchbook tomorrow. (little, pocket size) I intend to follow your advice. Junior year sucks. But hey, so does everything else. As far as the recent posts go, the only thing I can really say is that the non ref head looks a little screwy, but you'll have that.
    Oh, and Mitch, if your THE MITCH, Ned want wants to talk to us both eventually. Remind me at school some time. If not THE MITCH, my bad.
    -Sedig

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, another daily update...

Mitch: sweet name, original too....thanks for the compliments man. Are you keeping your sketchbook daily too? You best be......

Hexen: Hey kyle, how's life? best be good...looks as though you're getting thinner based on your self portraits...I hopped on your thread and left a massive reply, hope that's what you meant by help....my sketchbook should be fuller than a normal sketchbook ever coud be in a few weeks....3 pages a day, usually.....damn am I jealous of a figure drawing class, I gotta hunt me one down...

Sedig: Glad to hear you're getting a daily sketchbook...it'll keep you company during english with that wench of a teacher...I'll work on those non ref'd heads for ya....and I don't mind talking through my thread, but don't be using it as a post-it note between you and mitch .....

another batch of non ref'd brain ticklers....

Obvious troll is obvious

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sir, Yes Sir!

I actually purchased a sketchbook Sunday. I've already filled three pages. Mostly in English with that wench of a teacher. About a third of it is worth looking at... And I wont use your thread as a post-it note again. Sorry sir... Anyway, Doug's sister (you know Alli) hooked me up with her scanner. I should be posting the stuff today. Maybe someday I'll be able to outdraw you, but with the way your stuff is improving, it's unlikely. Keep drawing. See ya someday.
    -Sedig

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Bones

Visitation from the BoneHead Nation <> The non-ref stuff is very good <> the searching line style is fine but try to let it search for cross contour and form a little more and not as much random short strokes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your stuff is really coming along.
    Practice makes perfect.
    I Look forward to seeing more.

-Rob

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

YOU continue to leave me in AWE

I always did like your pen stuff better. You should draw in it more often. The lone figure on the page w/ the quote is excellent. It makes me want to scratch you eyes out. The envy of your skill is killing me. There is, of course, only one thing for me to do: keep drawing. The same goes to you. Try more pen stuff. Pen stuff WITH REFERENCE. I'm interested in seeing that...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, damn near missed 2 days in a row....I love having assignments, but makes it hard to sketch regularly....

Sedig: I'll give that pen reference thing a look into....at the moment, I'm on a pure highlight kick.....its going to be a lot of reference, but mainly of how light works and not of anatomy....

Mentler: absolute pleasure to have the Bone Doctor glance through my sketchbook....it thrills me no end to hear you say that my non ref is good, I've sort of modeled them after your style in the loose way....I'll stop just wandering around the sketch with those pointless marks and search for the important stuff, thanks for the advice...

Romance: hey rob, glad you stopped by and kept my confidence up, you have anything posted on here somewhere?

pathetic update....
    non ref

ref'd

non ref'd

ref'd

Obvious troll is obvious

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Pathetic update", come on don't start with the self pity shit. Looks like this sketchbook is still growing at a fantastic speed!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    as i see, you are on the way up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Bone Zone

Like your adventures into other media <> looking at things in different ways helps us see them in different ways<>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like ur self portrait dude i like ur sketches too...u r trying diff. things... do MORE...keep posting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    those last ones are interesting. Show us some new complete works.

cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Being a fat kid myself I felt obliged to repsond to your thread. I should have earlier but I can already see you're making quite a bit of progress. I could pick some things a part but being that I'm short on time I'll just say two things. First, you need s'more studies up in here. This non ref stuff you've been updating with is nice but I want you to kick your butt into gear and give us s'more life drawings and anatomy studies. I'm tired of your messing around, fat boy! If you want to improve you must work harder! Put some figures into perspective, draw them using basic shapes, make them interact, etc. Push yer'self. Second, be more confident and think more about the lines you put down. Soemtimes things seem sort of chaotic at times. Remember the structure. Keep it up. And don't worry, I'll eat some for you. I love me some Chimi's. Great thread, btw.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Nice lighting stuff

Unfortunately, you pics don't load on the library comps, but Mr. R. showed them to me today. The lighting stuff is really neat. It is an entirely different way of seeing things. While guilty of it myself, I cannot help but agree with Zeb. You do have a lot of chaos in your non ref stuff. However, you do keep getting better about it. Feel free to comment/butcher my stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys, I love coming back to some good comments and crits, thanks all of you!!

Armando: You're right, self pity shoud turn into motivation, it'd be more useful...thanks for dropping by and kicking my ass.....btw, it was more of a reference to the size of the update, but harsh words are very effective

OleOlsen: Thanks man!

Mentler: always a pleasure to have the bone doctor pay me a visit, love your birds!

Shyam: ...man, i love your thread...anyway, that's an old sp, but thanks a lot! I'll do my best to keep it interesting....

Nutter: thanks man, I wish I could post some more finished works, I've completed about 3 drawings, each about 10 hours, but I have no camera, all I got is a buddy who smokes too much and he's hardly around....that bastard....thanks for coming back, it really does mean a lot to me...

Zeb: Damn do I appreciate a hard crit....Those studies and life drawings are on the way once the weekend hits, hopefully hands, feet, and torsos.....with my standard amount of portraiture....I'll hop onto the loomis books and throw a few pages of figure perspective down, and try to do all the things I ought to be doing....anyhow, I really can't stress how nice it is to have these kind of responses...gives me a huge rush of inspiration and motivation, Thanks man!!

Sedig: Good old Mr. R.....I've been trying to reduce that chaos, and its now my major goal concerning figure drawing....that lighting stuff is something my drawing teacher suggested....he said just work with white and really didn't give me any direction, so that's what I got initially....I intend to put more energy into this experimentation and broaden myself since my pencil renderings seem to be stagnanting....but I have a dream...btw, I'll be all over your thread tomorrow, I gotta finish some freaking design...

relatively small update...gotta keep it daily, but i gotta finish my homework...

Both are from life...I hope you can tell what the first one is, I was going for subtle and it ain't great, lol....

Obvious troll is obvious

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.