Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: sly's hand: Animation but mostly just bordom

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

sly's hand: Animation but mostly just bordom

Let me start on a positive note
    Pixel dragon: Thankyou.

codakromek: I thank you for your need to drive my animations, and for Freaking out, It always makes me feel better when someone freaks out, Hopefull it wont be the last time

slybones: Ill need your help when I have an animation over 1024 kb now

TGping: I have an new Sketchbook for it.

Van: your stay was both short and welcome

Draw: Thanks nuff said

thelightshines: Im not done yet More will come and through the partial distruction of old The new will arise. I like your quote by the way.

Flakpost: Arigato

Calle_ : Im still going

CBS: Will work on all of your advise.

Gilead: Traditions hold up against all time. heh you draw ladies .

novice: sam Im assuming, you are not a moron :p

asier: Took the advise to heart

Hurricane: I appreciate the warm welcome.

Elwell: Thanks for not liking it And also the welcomeing.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

There is the positive The negative I HATE PHOTOBUCKET.

Now to what matters: Ill post some of the oldn's that I like. then the new.

Angelina jolie: and yes I was my first real attempt at this. So how'd I digress??? NM I like it anyway

Dont try to guess you'll get it wrong. I dont like it others do.

The first image I posted

Toned paper

Random and up there

Random digi pics of old

Random marker diddles

Some of the old, and now time for the new.... newish

__________________________________________________ _______________

First DSG

She was frustrated too until killing a pursesnatcher.

The best pen I ever empties *sobbs over its loss*

Picked up a pencil a sharper and a pen in one case and went to town. STUDIES YAY

Lets see if it will take more to correct the rest of thesituation scuse me

Last edited by sly's hand; February 10th, 2007 at 01:54 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

OI: Much better

-EDIT- This would have gone up there had I found It, it sparked a love for prismacolor markers...

GOD I feel better It just so happens that the new sketchbook makes me feel better that the old one was Screwed into the ground. Its homage is in my Signature so I move on and continue to post.

I got ahold of my bro's paint pens. Had fun.

codakromek and everyone that has seen the animation and comented has made me want to do many more. Time factor or not. -Go ahead click on it it'll make you feel better-

The original is lost in my old Sketchbook, but the black lines you see, was a red linework sketch Let me be clear: I WOULD LIKE YOU TO BE CRITICAL make suggestions TEAR ME A NEW one, there are things I dont like about them But I wouldlike to improve, hopfully I can take a hit, hell make me cry but dont let me off the hook without having to use a bandaid.

At the begining of October 1st the old sketchbook will not return but it will be left alive to see what it was. I was definatly proud of it. but You will notice that I will let it go OR not cause I keep saying this... :p

Thanks again all and g'bye.
    sly
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is something more satisfying than knowing your enemy missed, SHOOTING PHOTOBUCKET IN THE TOE"
    Me

Last edited by sly's hand; September 27th, 2005 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Needed batman GOSH

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

Its good to start over. And it was the animations that killed you...but you probably already knew that. oh yeah, and you're ugly. So's your art. Except for the animation. That actually kicked my teeth in. I have to go cough up blood now.

Last edited by thelightshines; September 14th, 2005 at 03:05 PM.
    "A Light Shines in the Darkness and the Darkness has not Overcome It." -John 1:5

TheLightShines' New Digital Doodle Pad

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the pm!

I like prismacolor markers to... very fun

you have a very stylistic aproach, so it's kinda difficult to critique your art. that being said, since you like drawing people, go for life studies(it seems to be the mantra around here) less style more traditional. I'll be visiting to see if you do try any referenced pics or life-drawings. or if you have already done the less stylized pics I'd like to see them...

But I really liked that marker batman pic, and your portraits

My sketchbook

My finished work

Get the full scoop on my personal Project 'Titanomachy' Here My Deviant Art page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi: Hope you bleed good heh heeh

The light shines: You sonofabitch the truth you speak... It did me the FUCK in no I didnt want that to end like that... but the animation man THE ANIMATION... was worth it. It is in the finished section and I am happy. so bleed good.

TGping: ignore my friend he is only insane Quote* you have a very stylistic aproach, so it's kinda difficult to critique your art. that being said, since you like drawing people, go for life studies(it seems to be the mantra around here) less style more traditional. I'll be visiting to see if you do try any referenced pics or life-drawings.* you arent the first to say it but I am doing my best to break old habbits in favor of more distructive ones. I will be trying but I have a wayssss to go the real, photo, and if I have the balls... Life studies are what I want to do if I get the time. I think it is time to take my own advise and that of others... itll take time

Anyhoo Lets get on with it thelightshines this one's for you wait till it is done!

Yes it is what you think it is and yes there will be a brawl HA

TGping Take it with a grain of salt

The poses were quick the face was 1hr or so Im still getting used to it. :p

Ill post more later people Bye.
    sly
    __________________________________________________ ______________

"They don't get cake"

"So that means we arent really people then we are just temps right???"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you have a point about taking one's own advice heh heh... yeah I need to do life studies to.

see, I told you I'd be back to check out those life drawings/refs... and I must say you are doing really well, the page with different poses is... great!

keep it up!

My sketchbook

My finished work

Get the full scoop on my personal Project 'Titanomachy' Here My Deviant Art page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi: This is going to be BIG

First of all (and I state the obvious) I had nothing to do with the creation of batman and superman nor the Idea that they would fight each other... Thank you Bob Kane, Jerry Siegel god rest the creators of Titans among characters , Jeff Lobe and Jim Lee , Hush a 3 year old legend of a story.. May be off on time...

This is going to be HUGE... I was always enfatuated with the Idea of a fight between Batman and Superman... light this is your fault ...The introduction to the scene is in I want to make... well hell an episode if you will The funny thing this is larger than the other animation already so we will see how this plays out... Input would be nice I would like to keep this polished ish if you will so please comment early. I have Ideas but I will only share progress for now. Well nothing left to it but to do it Ill be working every day and posting progress when the time is right... *grins* here goes alot. and if it should fail in my Eyes I will come back to it when I am more experienced.

sly
    __________________________________________________ ______________

"the longest journy starts with a single step"
    Wish I said it first so I did't forget who did.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    This animation is GOLD!! can't wait for it.. already looking very very good. dude.. awsome stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So...when should I maim you?

I think I'm going to cry...

Of help to you might be this...>>Click Here<<!!!

"A Light Shines in the Darkness and the Darkness has not Overcome It." -John 1:5

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi: The intros are done...

Bumskee: It has only begun Thankyou Very much.

thelightshines: Thankyou very much for the reference,
    You can maim me when I see you next.
    You can cry now...

The Update: The buseniss with this, I changed batmans landing, It may not be super apparent at first but I like it more. I have named those that never need to be named... Go figure. Their introductions are complete I am racking my brain to get them into a fight, but the fight itself will be brewing... God help me it is brewing and it is starting to burn honestly, Ill try not to neglect my regular and irregular studies. I only have one page left in my second sketchbook since joining this site.... Enough blah blah blah...

ya know when ever I get ready to show something I am prepared to break what little pride I have I get giddy, giggly, almost psycotic just because it is something I like so much I want it to get better.... This will be in the WIP thread as well...

PEACE,
    sly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

OI OI OI OI OI OI OI OI OI OI OI OI OI OI OI OI the jump

I still say the jump in the moon furks the whole thing up man . Come on be a man redraw that part its no big deal. CBS points and laughs. kidding great stuff and way to go on the whole second sketch book. my sugestion is keep a book for just your life studdies its great incuragement <spelling atrocity (did it again) > to see how far you've come and what you need to work on - oh well punk fix the jump <you know what im talking about -CBS shakes fist- > keep up the good work.

CBS

"All things are posible here and I am what Madness has made me...Whole...And complete...And Free at last."

"Amadeus Arkham"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

OI OI OI three max...

Thanks Ill see what I can do about the jump of the moon. Hell I have a ways to go on that. On that note Im studying some properties of animation I am practicing during lunch.

HAND

I dont have my wacom and I have ten minutes to sleep so The may have taught me abosolutely nothing other than how to be weird...

This really didnt do anything dont analyze it

Heh ehe you dont want to know.

LATer
    sly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

Alright dude, I have one thing you have got to work on with your superman. Its the symbol. Its bothering the heck out of me. Theres a point at the bottom. I know that's knitpicking, but I CAN'T HELP IT! Grrrrrrr. I'm trying to upload a picture myself right now, but its being evil. Catch you later!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi Its not animated But Im still tired

I got it in my head to stay up and do really quick digital sketches. i am verging on staying up for more than 24 hours now I woke up AT 630. God I need Sleep.. Instead DIGITAL none very special Im learneding myself right now so it is for my own curiosities... stuff. Some are better than others there are ten in all.. No your stupid... Sorry to lash out Im terided.. Im really tired... Why Whay didnt I just call in sick today... Oh im not sick Im gonna finish this and sleep HA I win Sand man.. Or lose Whichever is funnier... *questions blood on hands* *leaves*

*comes back* It wasnt blood it was ketchup... Bleh thanks for stopping by I LIKE CHEESE...
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    sly
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

KONICHIWA bitches IM OUT

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

quite simply put you are a psychopath. And congrats on getting the Supe symbol down. Stick with that one. It be good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tutorial Doodle...

This I used in a recently created tutorial... Only this one is a little longer. It is simple and I like it.
    I put up an animation tutorial tonight Might get a kick out of it. Might be helpful, it is based on Easytoon, even has a link to downloading it. Man I rant when havent had much sleep. http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...992#post591992

I will post some more later Tired going to snack.

so Eat, Sleep, Be Happy

sly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi: Fixed some things...

I fixed quite a few things, The superman symbol fixed, I fixed the jump of the moon in batman's swing, added a city scape for superman. Changed some text, Changed the fight logo. There may be more but it is all there... Working on real life stuff and general merry ment I finished off My second Sketchbook since posting here. And you still cant see the images cause most of them are on My old sketcbook but we wont get into that. Check back October first 05 if you are interested. anyway

This is the last page in my 2nd Sketchbook.

Ill post more later people

sly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    They might be short stays, but they are memorable! Keep rockin!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi Colored a bit

Van I can only say thankyou and Rock, I shall rock more later.

I colored bits of my last page for shits and giggles.

Gnight people

sly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice thread, Sly's hand... wonder what Sly's other hand is doing? Hmm. I like the animations. They looked time consuming. Eh. Fun. The only crit I offer up is the anatomy, proportions, general type critz. What you need my friend is a healthy dose of life drawing and intense anatomy study. Don't we all. Keep the thread alive and congrats on that sketchbook wrap up. Always a great feeling, eh?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

Hey Hey hey...nice work...now on with the fight dammit!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi: As of recent...

I have new sketch books, I have more art supplies, I have a sticky Tutorial on animation, I have made my own ink wash marker, I have an update on my animation WIP, i have probably had anurism and not even known it
    Doing what I want has been frustrating, Very frustrating, Time is eating me alive. and it is starting to Hurt... On to what is new.

I got new pencils and I found a 6b pencil I have never used before ever, These are what I had time to do. I have had blocks on Ideas for a while so I do what I always do.

I get frustrated... I saw almost everything about the picture go wrong as I was doing it. And then it became that, it became its mistakes.

time is a large factor I need time.

I managed to make my own inkwash marker out of an empty glue stick.

Go here for the animation update Or click the thumbnail. http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...933#post594933

ZebzFree: Every time I say it all I'm thinking is Ill get around to it eventually. Time will be taken when I have the time to take... yea... Thanks for the crit I need to dive a weekend into the studies, anatomy and otherwise. My other hand... well it isn't in my pants per say but occupied it is... only in the most appropiote way possible...

The light shines: I have to give them a reason to fight and that is what my update is for.

sly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the update, looks like a good start to the action. Really like the smoke effect and how they emerge from it. Keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi: Up I will be keeping it... yea

I have been working in photoshop in every spare moment I get this is the simple stuff I want to improve and get out of the rut I have put myself in. Life studies will do that and I will be posting them in due time TGping.

Sketches hopefully a little more finished in the next week.

-edit-

Bones the action is just starting, I will be changing some things around and the action hopefully will be more involved, And this thing is getting BIG so you may be helping me out soon enough

sly

Last edited by sly's hand; September 26th, 2005 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Im a moron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    howd you make a marker outta the glue stick? I remember reading somewhere grafitti kids make markers outta deodarant sticks too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi I use the term marker Loosly

1: Glue stick, Empty the glue
    2: Clean and fill with water.
    3: Take, in this case, blue indian ink and mix it with the water.

Marker is a loose interpritation of what this is. It is an easy inkwash aplicator I saw what I thought was a strange marker till I realized I was Literate and I thought what the hell.

I know nothing of this but think about someone making a marker out of a video cassette.

sly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah what i remember from the deodarant markers they would fill em with some ink and then cut up the felt from chalkboard erasers or something and stuff it in the top so it was like a hugeass marker.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've got some talent young man, it's a little raw, and you need some work, but you're on the right track, keep on truckin' it and practice your butt off, I recommend getting off of ebay a book that is PRICELESS to anyone who wants to draw the figure. Figure Drawing for all it's Worth, by Andrew Loomis, it's fairly pricey, but SOOO worth it, it's also downloadable off of the internet since they don't print it anymore so... yeah. But I like your stuff that I'm seeing. Great stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi: Studies THE REVENGE

Hey everyone, I wanted to do studies all weekend minus pool and other things, but one thing happened then another and another, and well it got a little jumbled, had to work BLAH BLAH BLAH, long and short I got a few studies done, and I started a small animation at work, and I have continued it to a sickening degree, it takes SO much time but seeing it in motion will make me start ranting again. As it is I might post more after this if I can do something in 30 minutes and the animation will be up when I finish it.

Studies, studies of women, Working on proportions and positions.

*Edit*

I found a marker quickie I did on friday, She likes tomato soup.

winjer: I have heard of some wierd markers and things people have made let alone what people tag with.

Squidittch: Well young lady you arent half bad yourself , Thankyou and I have looked into ways to procure this book without having to spend a weeks pay, heh, the internet is large and I will be looking given the time.

Later people,
    sly

Last edited by sly's hand; September 25th, 2005 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Marker quickie

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi: Forgot howmuch I Liked markers...

This is the product of my need to change. I will be doing studies and small pieces for two weeks or so strait. I wont stop after that but I will be challengeing myself to study as well as attempt a small amount of groth. Change is gradual but I noticed a change in how I drew recently. I dont want to degrade what I have learned so far so I will be Pounding out whatever inspires me at the time.

Also found an Easytoon forum http://s13.invisionfree.com/The_Easy...ex.php?act=idx it is an infant that I hope will grow. I say we bring some talent to their neck of the woods. They already have one guy, Jeckos150, talented classy stories in 2d form.

Simply put a large black marker and a few colors.. and a few values.

Though the image I am sure came from somewhere else, at least the guy with a laser in his mouth, I just sorta saw it after the guy on the top.

Quickie supergirl. Probably gonna polish this one simply becuase I do color so rarely.

Will be doing more this week gnight people.
    sly

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.