Sketchbook: sly's hand: Animation but mostly just bordom - Page 5
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I do have a study from a while ago I tried to copy a scene from naruto, It did not come out too great, but I found another guy that did it very well.

sith: I didnt think that my characters were stick figures but I will work on it to try and make them Better in that department . Thankyou I will definitely work harder.

sly

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks good, strong poses but i think you need to make the insane punching more readable, currently its like a slideshow, grating my eyes away

Ace qaulity though

!!My New Animation Sketchbook!!

SSG #12: The Twelve Disciples
    25days-Penciler-OBX-Kresh-Flynn-Boogieman-Oki

Sponsor your own Animator, for only 1.25 a day. We can put an end to the suffering.
    Donations
    We accept most Credit cards, and food. Lots of food.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi

I agree, http://koti.welho.com/ahesso/Animation/Narutofight.gif Not Mine I hope this guy doesnt mind me showing what he did, but it is amazing. I found it after making the one I did, impresive showcase of what people can do.

http://koti.welho.com/ahesso/Animation/ Index link, for some of the other stuff Share time is so fun.

Later
    sly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I remember that episode pretty well.
    I think you did great on it, exept you need to easy down on some parts i guess.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi

I believe that this would constitute as a character If not I will just be working harder

I did this in a new set of steps that I have not done before, It is short 14 frames, but I think it loops rather well giving the illusion of substance :p

Start to finish on this one.

One

Two

Three

Four

It is more work but I like the results.

Agreed Shikaru, Ill give it another shot later, Thankyou.

All I have time to show now, sketches later,
    sly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice! I think Naruto had some fantastic fight scenes. ... they were animated in a loose style that made me make messes in my pants.

I love the animation! Makes me want to download whatever that program is and do some.

[][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My bad, mate. I didn't quite mean stick figures. I just meant that it would be more interesting to see character's- with personalites, you know. Although, i know it's pretty ridiculous doing that because i'm in an animation class right now, and all i have to say is that shit is not easy. In other words, I've got nothing but respect for you, sly.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha sly ace update, and indeed thats how im goin about most of my stuff, all the way from animated storyboard thru to stick figure revisions on timing bla.
    1 day ill be good enough to just jump onto semi finished designs

Love the 3 and 4 m8, they have some nice life going on
    Keep it up m8

Sponsor your own Animator, for only 1.25 a day. We can put an end to the suffering.
    Donations

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi

So I am realizing why I liked watercolor back in highschool. I really forgot what it was like to hold the brush and paint. Its been years, Really I dont know why it has been so long, mabey its in account of a clean room mabye it is because Im retarted, We may never know.

Sketches poses of dudes.

DA!!! Watch Night Watch I liked it and I think you should ignore any bad reviews because it is a good movie. to me... Ok Ill say this, It is better than Aeon Flux :p

Bad, I know it is but I liked the shirt and some of the arms, hated the face and most of the hair, I am going to keep truckin at this though

Female poses, I need to sketch darker or just better :p

Water color, My actual first re-initiation into watercolor of old.

Sketch, Might paint it.

I like this one, It is pretty small in comparison to the others. Even if his forhead is... off.

-

I want to know if there is anything horribly wrong with this that I overlooked, I know that the hip rises Which I dont like but I am sure I can fix when go back over it.

Thats all for that for now.

otherside: Well If you are looking for it and havent found it yet it is easytoon,
    you can get it here http://www.flat2d.info/telecharger_easytoon.html should still work , Naruto has some very exaterated yet almost realistic motions, one of the reasons I like it, Hope to see you animating .

sith: Thankyou very much, It is hard to give the characters a personality in such a short period, but I want to make something long enough to Give them personality. I will be looking into art schools soon so hopefully I can improve on what I sorta kinda already know. I want to see better 2-D animation out there or else I am gonna have to make it myself :p.

Flynn: Thanks alot flynn, It is something that I ave just recently started trying to tell you the truth ^^; Im gonna check out your sketchbook again soon man. Take it easy.

Fuck... to much typing No more for me :p. Later
    sly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Charcoal... Dry fragile charcoal...

I liked what I did, it has a different feel than a lot of things that I have been doing lately. Far from perfect but relaxing none the less. Based on a picture of Jennifer Love Hewit... Gorsh she sure is purtty :p... the picture came our looking like a mom from the fifties... but Im gonna do more with charcoal, for now thats it.

later,
    sly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi

I did do another charcoal but I didnt really like it :p.

sketches small post, small animation

Later,
    sly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I never cared for J Love Hewit, that charcoal's pretty blurry but I like it better than the actual pick. Remember what Richard Williams said, in order to be a great animator one must really know how to draw. When you do studies you must interpret the subject in some way, Glenn Villpu has a lot of methods for doing that. I've never checked out Naruto before, I was thinking it was one of those 2 frames of animation pieces of crap like that Butt Pirate piece of crap with the kid with stretchy arms, whatever that one's called on Cartoon Network.

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi

No foreplay this is what I gots.

I figured out how to use image ready to make gifs which I am glad about. So If I do make traditional animation it wont be as big a pain in the ass as it used to be to put something up.

Aside from getting a new computer table I have dont nothing of conciquince Im looking for insperation where ever I can find it. so that is that. Its also easier to scan things now.

Armando: Thanks about the J love picture the camera was cheap :p. And I will put thought into referenced picture as far as interpritation. As for Naruto, it has a horrible habit of being slow as hell but the later episodes get to be much better, onepiece is saturday morning matirial as far as I am concerened.

One of the fights during the series. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goSfx...Naruto%20Drunk
    If you can stand the download time it is worth it to watch.

Later,
    sly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't remember if I ever told you to check out Winsor McCay, not sure if he's mentioned in the Survival Kit either, but check him out since he's the father of modern animation and a hell of an artist. Guy in the wind looks okay, although it looks like he's doing a gay shimmy with his shoulders instead of wind. I have the same advice as I've stated before: You've got to check out different guy's methods/philosophies about making art, here's one I'm checking out now Harold Speed's "The Practice and Science of Drawing". There's a link to download that somewhere in the wiki, I bought it though just because I don't like reading a lot on a computer.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi

Armando: I hear what you are saying even if it seems like it is being spent onto deaf ears. I remember Little nemo being one of my favorite movies when I was young. I didnt know that he was the father of that series. Guy in the wind was going to be big,... instead its that :p. I will be looking into the processes, methods and "philosophies" of other artists, my brother has been telling me similar things for a long time now. I have time, I will do it.

I did this from a reference of someone elses work http://kymg.net/top.htm , and I only know him as KYMG. He animates with easytoon and puts out some very nice digital work, I would love to poke around one of his sketchbooks. But this isnt my composition character or my idea, I just sorta used it with my spin. I like the ink but not the color so much. I didnt spend that much time in photoshop coloring it but I will give her another go If I want to :p.

no color

Color, Ill clean the color more later or just say fuck it and keep on with something better.

Im doing more tonight. I think

later,
    sly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man, your animations are so action packed and show so much dynamic movement D: I love em, and listening to the right music while watching them improves the quality just that little bit more

Your drawing work is also comming along nicely, i like how experimental you're being, its good, not something i do enough myself =]

Thanks, Dave

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Come on Sly m8, give us an update I wanna see what ya handed i for this years grade, mine got trashed due to a re-arranged op appearing out of no-were sigh.

Donations

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Im still kicking, sort of.

...life has kicked me in the ass. I have been TOO busy for far too long I have been unable to draw for fun bussiness or study, but animation has flourished... sort of its all I have been doing really. I have been hit by work hard enough to cripple my efforts, and I have also lost my source of insperation as the person that was spurring my efforts on I am no longer in direct contact with stopping us both cold in our practices, just found that out recently ^^;.

BUT this is what I have. and a little of what I have done.

The first one is unfinished, I doubt to be getting back to it. The other one I got tired with and Let it go.

Practice and things for fun, The turning head needs work and I will get back onto that eventually.

Loops.

This turned out to be so Freakin large, And I had to break it up. Its really funny that this just started out as being a hand shake

For a friend, real quick but it is new.

Well, now that that is out of the way... other than being flicked off by the Easter bunny, a good friend of mine by the way , traveling to Ashville, 5 hour car ride, and back to visit a friend for 2 day, Not the most ecconmical thing EVER but well worth it to see an old friend, and loosing 40 pounds, Still working on more ^^; ya know so I dont die early, thats about it, I appologize to everyone that I have not talked to responded to or interacted with including you Flynn and Armando, Sith Im not possitive if I still have time to keep this up but GOD knows I want to. I will find my insperation again, I just need to make sure we stay in closer proximity .

Comments and Critiques are always welcome, I would like to improve animation and art, but I need to draw more often to do that ^^.

And if the Mod that froze up my blog, Which I am sorry I incited I was wrong, it would be great to have access to that again.

Again sorry for the ENOURMOUS amount of time away from this place.

Davidskiwan: Thankyou, its been a while but I am responding anyhow I havent drawn at all recently which makes me concerned, but animation is burning strong in me right now, something like instant gratification.

Flynn: I would love to see what you made, sorry I flaked off at random. I will do my best to come by more often to my thread and take looks back at yours.

sly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

oi Recent animation.

Animation animation animation... cause things are not complicated enough with art as it is, I have to draw figureas again and again and again. But this is what I got to keep me sane. even if it looks completely INSANE.

then nine frames my bro colored I am going to try to lul him into coloring 600, I dont think it will happen, ever.

happy fourth.

There are 602 frames of animation in this one. I got carried away after a long night of animating and being pissed, then when I woke up I kept adding little by little. I cranked out about 150 frames today... to finish it off, I think I lost track of time, completely, but it may have been three hours, or five hours I dont know... I know if you listen to music it tends to sync up with songs rather nicely .

I have one more project I am working on and I ill try to draw again Promises promises I know.

sly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome Awesome Awesome, especially that last one, just great feel, .

Im gonna have to start copying your free flowy type animation ;p

Donations

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi

unfinished

want to finish

Bleach, Shut up and read it, it is entertaining.

Flynn: ^^; Thankyou dude, I hope your animation is still rolling strong, and relaxing with animation is always good.

sly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool idea with the human torch guy who flames up like a match. Deadpool vs. Batman was good too. The action gets confusing from time to time, like in "Bleach" for example the out take. Losing 40 pounds eh?, I couldn't tell you were that husky from that blurry photo last page.

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome m8,

Donations

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi

Well i have gotten around, sorta, to scanning some things, By no means all of it but I have gone to a few figure drawing sessions and it was good, really good, what I made from them is not, but I learned a lot about possitions and poses, perspective and lighting, not a terribly large amount but enough to start gaining some direction moreso than in the past. I'll share the images from the sessions when they are worth it or if I like the poses I depected .

This is a WIP that I will be putting more detail and time into later.

I have learned that this is confusing to other people, but I have learned from this one on a newer project also using the same car.

Another WIP that has changed a bit toward the end but still very similar.

This is what it started as and I went back through the frames after the movement was satisfactory to me.

I blame both my scanner for being really detailed and my pencil not being dark enough when I made this but It is what it is, sorta.

think man sitting in the middle of a group of zombies.

Look she is waving goodbye.

armando: its more than fifty now, and yea The action is more than a little confusing from time to time, Im learning little by little to concentrate my efforts in making things more readable. And I am getting a better grasp on perspective but still have a lot to learn.

Flynn: thankyou dude.

sly

Note: animations best viewed in Mozzilla Fire Fox.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep it up mate

Donations

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi

Busy Busy busy, Two weeks or so mabey more mabey less but there is a small amount of progress made. The figure drawing sessions are very helpful to understand the weight and proportions of people as well as providing the solid knoledge, that I now understand we all need, of lighting angles and all that fun technical stuff I cant do yet .

Figure drawing session, This was interesting, it was one of the girls first jobs you could tell she was a bit nervous but her poses were very good ^^ and Nobody knows why but there was an 8 foot wooden doul rod that she used as a prop... made things interesting. But these are the ones that were sorta worth showing.

Recreational drawing inbetween Didnt have time for more than this unfortunately.

During this session same girl, she took ballet and that made for interesting happenings, some of the ones I didnt post were done at an odd angle ruining it when you look right at it, which did not make me happy. But this is what was good enough from the others to show.

And I have animated projects I am working on but I cant show them yet, But so I dont give ya nothing, I ripped a walk cycle from one and gave it some flash

Since redstorm was paying the Model they also provided an airsoft M16 which was AWSOME, and I would have posed had they let me hold the weapon for more than a minute ;P

Flynn I appriciate the support

Look forward to any feedback if you guys have it.
    sly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice animations. The only thing I can critique about the walk cycles is the head and body would lower in between steps. Its just something I noticed. Other than that, the motions and everything are really good.
    Animation is something im trying to learn also.
    what program are you using?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im gonna be angry if you dont update again soon ;p
    My unis not interested in hiring a decent art tutor an im gettin fucked around on the modules i like bla ;(

Gonna get creative big time heh. Look forward to your update some good poses so fa mate.

Donations

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Oi

Here you go man, sorry its been a while and MAN am I tired ^^; but I got them up.

some are newer than others I dont know which are which in this order or just by looking at their code or their name, but Hey it did not take me two months to do it right ...ok I will try to be better but anyhoo.

BAM Explosion.

Simple animations, nothing like what I am working on right now which is kicking my ass.

kuroart: Thankyou man, And yea, walk cycles are a bit of a bitch I only noticed it after I ripped it from what I was working on and it bugs the hell out of me I am using Easytoon, type it into google and you should find some kind of download for it, let me know if you cant I will see what I can get later.

Flynn: here you go man, I appriciate the Warning I will try to be keeping this shit up to date. Sorry to hear that too. I look forward to you getting creative as well And as always thankyou very much.

Later,
    sly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I got nothin ;P I did some doodles in photoshop trying to improve in it.

sly

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.