ww2 graphic novel

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ww2 graphic novel

ww2 graphic novel i guess i should write the story first....its just too damm tempting to illustrate first.

this one is for another book different timeline /genre. the font is just temp for right now , most likely it will be done by handww2 graphic novel

paint! you *%$#@#$ u only have 1 life!check out ilad comics at www.iladonline.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is everything going to be that yellowy-brown color? It seems the "shadow tinting" in the corners of some panels is overdone.

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah you dont have to burn the edge of every frame trying to make them look unframmed......but as for graphic novels go perfect rectangles thru the whole book becomes boring for the reader....try incorporating afew circular frames like in the middle of two squares.....make a few squares overlap, and even make part od the story stick out of their framed every once and awhile, but only into other frames not into the outer edge..........but i love the colors and drawings......only crit i have on the drawings is in the first image.....the very bottom frame, the left soldier's helmet seems to be a little funky.....doesnt seem to go along with the rest of the shown helmets, mabey a little to uncurved in the back.....
    ....real sweet job......
    ...json

"The function of art is to stop us and take us out of our skin,
    Unveiling the spirit's pure nakedness without beginning or end.
    These dialogues of Maker and Seer weave together matter with soul,
    Consecrating the practice of art as speech of the ineffable." ~ALEXgrey

....fear the munky

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    madster,mike: thanks guys for pointing that out. i definately see your point.mike, thats what i intended(having the focal points more saturated, but as you guys have pointed out iwent a little overboard with everything else. thanks again
    infernomunky:yeah i tend to be a little too anal when it comes to panel layout.thanks for the advice...oh and your dead on about that helmet..thanks

paint! you *%$#@#$ u only have 1 life!check out ilad comics at www.iladonline.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the gritty style. The first panel especially caught my eye. The rest of the panels on that page have some blurry dark areas that I don't like.

On the second page, the guy's face in the last panel is really good. It'd be great if all the other faces were up to that quality.

best,
    emily

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love the visual style and coloring. What I recommend you take another look at is the typography you are going to use for the graphic novel.... that Arial italic font looks nasty, I feel it doesn't combine very well with the rest of the image as a whole. Maybe even the normal comic type might work better, or a serif type (like times new roman)... try changing the types colors as well, instead of usual black.

later,
    GriNGoLoCo

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.