Dragons, Cars and random stuff; Floater's "Any improvement?"-thread! (updated)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Dragons, Cars and random stuff; Floater's "Any improvement?"-thread! (updated)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking Dragons, Cars and random stuff; Floater's "Any improvement?"-thread! (updated)

Okay hi again!
    It's been a while (edit: actually a little under 3 and a half moths) since I last posted but I thought I'd show you some of my new scetches. My last post is at http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45319 and it has links to even earlier posts of mine. The point of this is that you have to go see my other posts tell me have I improved at all and where to go next. The images are in a kind of a chronological order, newest drawings first. So here goes then.

Just a while ago I felt like painting again and this is what I came up with after a long and painful struggle.

This one I did on a german lesson. I used a ballpoint pen only and touched up with a black marker to give some contrast around the head

I came up with the idea for this one when leaving a class at school. I just had to get this down before leaving. Finished up on an art class.

On my previous threads I was told to practice to draw people. I think I've finally got it and thought I'd show you one drawing of a tired old man.

I didn't know how to draw cars so on a boring class I looked out of the window and drew the cars passing by (and added some of my own )

I was on my granfather's 70th birthday on a cruise on this big ship and I heared an announcement of a drawing contest and thought I'd participate. The subject was "animal you love". The timelimit was something like 10 minutes or something and I had decided to fill a full A4 sheet of paper

I was bored so I went to draw something from life. This must be one of the only few drawings I've drawn completely from life in a long, long time.

I was drawing and couldn't think of anything to draw so I just decided that I'd draw something from a movie. Try to guess which one I picked

Again a couple of drawings done out of boredom. This time I thought I'd draw airplanes or something. I had no reference so I kinda improvised.

Now if you havn't already went to see my older drawings do so now and when you come back give me a comment.

I always draw quick and I almost never have the patience to finish up anything to look real nice. That is why I also usually draw small to get it done quick. As long as it looks balanced and nicely proportioned when not regarding the quality of the line or anything it's finished for me. My art class teacher told me I should become a designer

Last edited by Floater; September 12th, 2005 at 09:53 AM.
    My website (in finnish): http://www.tkukoulu.fi/~kaarpaht/

My deviantART account: http://floater-.deviantart.com/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's quite a big posting. Ok where do you need to go from here. I'll say pencil control (something I need to work on also). you have a nice eye for the Lighting but the sketching is erratic. Which hurts a bit in the execution of the work. Try different techniques of shading use blending, hatching, and so on. I'm sure that you have done some value scales in art class. i would do more just to practice. a good way to do it is with fruits and eggs. The good thing about them is that you can matte the better ones and sale them or give them out as presents.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow... your work is beautiful, proportions are good, nice shading. I think perhaps work on defining and detailing your shading a little bit, mauybe spend a little more time cleaning it up, the rough look is nice though... maybe mix and match....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the last three pics the best. Some of the others seems a little sloppy, like you weren't as careful.

I'd like to see you do some more still-lifes, but do them with the same care and attention you gave to the airplanes.

emily

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comments

I have been trying to improve my line quality but the process seems slow. I have lately also drawn lots with a black ball-point pen hoping that it will force me to draw cleaner.

Today I felt like drawing some more now that I got in the mood so I filled a page of my scetchbook:

I like the headphones because they came out cleaner than my drawings usually do except that the scan doesn't do right for the drawing and the far side looks a bit wonky. The headphones took me about an hour and 15 minutes or so and then I had to stop before my head exploded.

I also like the dude with the gun. I think it has some mood in it and while drawing that I also seemed to prove that one can divide by zero

My website (in finnish): http://www.tkukoulu.fi/~kaarpaht/

My deviantART account: http://floater-.deviantart.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.