Art: 8 video game characters

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

8 video game characters

Here are eight models I did over the last year and half or so - all are 1200-1400 polys, designed for use in HL. Design constraints included individualizing each character, and also making sure that the two teams of characters maintained team design sensibilities...you know, they all sort of match
    HL Player Models
    The models were all done v-by-v in Milkshape3D, which I have become utterly sick of at this point Character descriptions by me as well, for what it's worth...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, they look about right and cool -- i've not go much experience with low-poly and to me the low-poly untextured ones always look blocky but i know the low-poly stuff is really hard to do... Maybe post one with texture or some concept art so we can check that out too? Or a wireframe?

GL!

Power is nothing without intelligence.

Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    they seem really high poly for half life, and maybe some polies have to be turned, if you get what i mean (i dont really know how milkshape works but thats what its called in 3dsmax)

theyre pretty sweet. maybe they could be smoother especially the knees on the Infantry Operative, Division 13 guy. pretty impresive for vertex by vertex in milkshape i tried for a while but got way too frustrated with it

VERY mercenary

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys, thanks - all the "ghost ops" (as opposed to the "private sector") team models were done first, and the "recon op" was actually the first player model I had ever made, so they have some edges that still need turning (among other glaring errors!)...also, areas like the knees smooth out in the animations, they look awkward in these poses...but you're right, i think they could use a little work. Yeah, v-by-v is definitely frustrating so much so that I'm coding a new 3d modeling program just so i don't have to mess with it anymore....yuckers. By original HL standards, the models are definitely high-poly, but I figure I've got Moore's law on my side if people's graphic cards have been doubling in speed for the last 5 years, then these guys are safe by an order of magnitude Thanks again for the feedback!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    could it be the next halo

Perfect Kay

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.