Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

how much to charge for nude modeling

Hi, I am poor so I lied to some guy and said I was an "experienced" nude model. Turns out he had a cancellation and wants me to work tomorrow froom 2-4. So I've been in enough figure drawing classes I figure I should be able to wing it, but the only problem is I'm not sure what to charge.... I'm thinking like 20 dollars an hour?? Any help is appreciated, thankyou!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Watts Atelier gives the model $60 for 3 hours of modeling, so that sounds right.

Thanks
    Sounds like Ringling is a bit of a cheapskate =P

They pay 10 an hour.

Thanks
    luckily the guy just said the place pays 15 an hour, so I guess I'm OK. now i have to go find some modelling poses or something...

Thanks
    The contract with our models at our local art gallery charge $25 USD per person, per session. The models split the difference with the gallery owner.

Not a bad gig if you can handle freezing your tukis off.

Thanks
    it should be around 20$ an hour. i just hope you can hold those poses. i've tried staying still for like a minute and its irritating, so best of luck to you my friend.
    cool beans to you...my friend.
    sKeTcHbOoK update page3 (scroll to the bottom of page)

Thanks
    I once had this dream where I had this nude modelling gig, and there was a real cute girl in the room and I busted a hard on and got fired.

Then I woke up and I was like "whew it was only a dream."

Thanks
    Lol!!

Thanks
    crap dont say that

Thanks
    I wonder, did that ever happen in the history of nude posing?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohan
    crap dont say that
    I hope you don't get fired.

On an attack ship on fire, off the shoulder of Orion....
    Thanks
    If you do get a chubby, make sure it lasts throughout the pose so they don't have to erase. It's only polite.
    "Undermine their pompous authority, reject their moral standards, make anarchy and disorder your trademarks. Cause as much chaos and disruption as possible but donít let them take you ALIVE"

-Sid Vicious

Thanks
    *no longer checking this topic*

Thanks
    I know how to solve this "male" problem... Just make sure you empty your gun before you go to pose!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by I love art
    I wonder, did that ever happen in the history of nude posing?
    Yes.

In one of my life drawing classes at a university we were having trouble getting models, I can't remember what was going on, but we had a change up in our regulars so we had this new model one day.

Was the guys last job there too, it was clear this wasn't an accident, he was getting off on sitting for us nude, then tried to hit on the females in class causing us to scatter like flies.

I think I see now why hiring from an agency might be a bit safer, I still have bad dreams about that creep. Our instructor was in his 80's and had a bad hip but I think he was 2 seconds from kicking that guys bare butt.

This does however make for a funny intoxicated story with props.
    --marie--

Don't forget to read the stickied FAQ's before posting

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie
    he was getting off on sitting for us nude, then tried to hit on the females in class causing us to scatter like flies.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man
    I once had this dream where I had this nude modelling gig, and there was a real cute girl in the room and I busted a hard on and got fired.

What would be worse if there's a cute girl in the front row, and your little guy has shrunk and shriveled because it's cold. And you just want to say, "I'm BIGGER than this! Really, I am!"

One time, the female model in our class was on her period. It was... ugh... *barfs*... the tampon string was.... *barfs again*....

oh god....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man

One time I was in a class and the model (who was also a friend of mine) got a boner, but it was also kinda chilly so he managed to go through periods of shrinkage too. The class was nearly all female except for one guy, who was gay. Good times.
    Art is long and time is fleeting

Sketchbook
    Website

Thanks
    hah, I'm guessing it happens without control, though my particular experience was probably out of the norm, where the guy is a real perv. I really don't recall it happening in any of my other drawing classes, then again, I ended up drawing a lot of behinds for some reason.

Doh Tully, poor guy that must of been a really embarrassing moment.
    --marie--

Thanks
    LOL LOL LOL

This is the funniest thread ever created. PERIOD

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodrodius
    If you do get a chubby, make sure it lasts throughout the pose so they don't have to erase. It's only polite.
    I nearly shot some pepsi outta my nose when I read this one.

Thanks
    i remember once, the model was talking about how her boyfriend died.

the instructor gave her an easel stand thing that looked like a cross, and in my head i heard a punchline to some joke, or the irony hit me as funny, but i couldn't suppress the laughter.

i walked outside and had a little chuckle to myself, and, well, found out it was the middle of December in Massachussets. and i was locked out.

so i'm standing there for another half hour, freezing my nads off.

after that, the instructor, who i later became good friends with, bought me a cup of cocoa from the coffeeshop next door and told me she was one of his exes.

good times.

then there was that other time one of the other instructors was in the class before the modeling session started, which was a bit unusual, and we were all chatting and stuff, then the class was just about to begin, the guy steps out of the room to use the bathroom or something, and comes back in wearing a bathrobe.

needless to say, it was awkward.
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Thanks
    I knew I shouldn't have checked this thread Now I am destind to have something bad happen. Should I embarass (sp????) myself, I'll be sure to post here

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 470 Posts
    I think model pay depends on your location. The models at PAFA when I was in school only got something like $12 or $13 an hour.

One time, the female model in our class was on her period. It was... ugh... *barfs*... the tampon string was.... *barfs again*....
    seen that

Just make sure you empty your gun before you go to pose!
    ok, so I think that I've seen that too. It was terrible. Because there was, like, still some left. Durring the pose. Trying to get out. If you follow.

The worst I've heard happened to my brother though. The model was this 90 something woman who only sat for the color theory class where she just stared at a wall for 3 hours. Apparently one day she showed up to class after having shit her pants on the bus. The class monitor walked out right then and there.

Thanks
    Don't worry too much Lohan, you will be fine.

It has been a long time but through all my lifedrawing classes, only that one incident stands out as negative. The models were otherwise always professional and the students for the most part.

The university classes were a bit more professional, I did go to an art institue for a bit and those were not as professional (younger kids it seemed, giggling and openly making fun of one male model because of his effeminate demeanor). A good instructor tries to make sure it stays professional too, I HOPE.

But there was never ever anyone that made fun of the way a model looked (with the exception of that one class and day). They would of been kicked right out of most of my classes for that behavior, it always seemed the people who couldn't grow up and handle it didn't last very long.
    --marie--

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie
    Yes.

In one of my life drawing classes at a university we were having trouble getting models, I can't remember what was going on, but we had a change up in our regulars so we had this new model one day.

Was the guys last job there too, it was clear this wasn't an accident, he was getting off on sitting for us nude, then tried to hit on the females in class causing us to scatter like flies.

I think I see now why hiring from an agency might be a bit safer, I still have bad dreams about that creep. Our instructor was in his 80's and had a bad hip but I think he was 2 seconds from kicking that guys bare butt.

This does however make for a funny intoxicated story with props.

Never happened to us but I remember our models always asking for heaters cuz you know what the cold does hehe.

On an attack ship on fire, off the shoulder of Orion....
    Thanks
    We had one that had to take a "bathroom break" in between every pose. I'm pretty sure she was doing blow. Man, was she hard to draw.
    "Undermine their pompous authority, reject their moral standards, make anarchy and disorder your trademarks. Cause as much chaos and disruption as possible but donít let them take you ALIVE"

-Sid Vicious

Thanks
    I've had run-ins with the boner, the tampon string, and the dripper... the boner guy was the worst. One second everything is fine, the next I look up and I'm staring down the barrel of a purple shiny one. I also think i was hit on by the model we called "santa" because he looked like santa. No wonder I don't go to life drawing sessions much anymore.

Oh! and there was a guy who liked to tuck his package between his legs for some of the poses so he looked like a girl.

Life drawing models are crazy!

Anyone in the seattle area can PM me and I'll tell 'em who to watch out for.
    -₪╢ ǾЯĊǺŦŖΛŻ ╟₪- ~orc

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    If you visit pages like rotten.com or other places with disturbing, disgusting and shocking images right before you go modeling, you should be fine. Cuz if you imagine someone killed by pestilence, gunshots to the head or surgery gone bad you will instantly loose any sign of a hardon.

(unless of course thats your thing...)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSeRider
    Watts Atelier gives the model $60 for 3 hours of modeling, so that sounds right.

actually thats the head modeling price,

for nudes watts puts out $120 ($40 an hr) for the 3 hr class
    -=[ Sinister Six Sketch Group ]=-
    -=[ Cookiedough Fooxoo |ntern Hyver Character Evildisco]=-

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast