Sketchbook: ~::Unia Sagithia Nessraugh by Azeira::~ updated 02/29

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

~::Unia Sagithia Nessraugh by Azeira::~ updated 02/29

ok, i had some trouble with the scanner, but now everything turned out right. These posted so far are on various things.

"Bio-Mechanoid".

"Interdimensional Growth"

"Other"

"No title"

"Armored Dark One Concept"

"Hathr from side concept, for the comic "Bulle' Red"

"Geigeresque Alien"

"No title"

i have to say now, before the critics reveal their jaws, that i am a fan of the abstract and of the weird. i love using immense detail where i feel it is best, and have a passion for negative space and the effects of dark on white and color in the right places. with that said, i look forward to any advice that you guys can give with the progress of this sketchbook.

Woodruff

Last edited by Azeira; March 1st, 2006 at 05:38 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man, nice start to your sketchbook - It definately has that abstract feel, but some of the little details are nice.
    Ats always hard to critique more abstract stuff - it really depends what direction you want to go it, and what you want to achieve as an artist.
    You seem to have a good idea of what you are trying to create, I would only maybe say, work on tightening up your lines, really push the use of negative space - maybe try it the other way round, with a black page and just some white details.
    Just keep on drawing!
    Cheers

Eri

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks eriboss. i do have a black paged sketch book, actually, and think i will put up a few with my next additions, which should be by monday or tuesday of next week, if not sooner.

Woodruff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Exciting stuff here! No crits man, just post!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, Your drawings are brilliant, I haven't a clue what any of them really are (maybe it's just me) I like teh first no title one it's like clouds and claws almost(what I imagine), It's all amazing, maybe I aught to post some of my abstracts.... ?

~Mr_S_14
    (and thanks for posting in my sketchbook Azeira)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! What an eyeful. The first thing that I thought of was that you definitly have your own voice and that 's good. I agree that your line work needs some variation, such as thickness, and such. Very interesting, so far.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Flackpost: thanks for the post.

Mr_S_14: thanks alot sean. updates on teh way in an hour or so.

madplanet: thanks for the advice guy. well, its pretty easy to ignore the interest in line variation when you have an image you want to put down, and i fall to hatching lines more than i do changing them, actually. but its a good point, and ive been working on it sense i posted last.

Woodruff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Second update for this sketchbook. a few peices, new and old

"Dragon Concept"

"Envora Scalioathaugh"

"The Shape Shifter"

"Concept peice for "The City" in Morbus Gravis"

"Handlaugh the Twain-Eye"

"Un Named"

"Un Named"

Next Update: i plan on showing the work ive been up to lately, with the comic book "Bulle' Red". This will include concept peices as well as the story boards for the first issue to come.

Woodruff

Last edited by Azeira; September 6th, 2005 at 02:29 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok, i know i said the next update would be with the comic, but i think i might as well put these up here from previous threads in the sketch forum so as to have one mass thread here for my sketchwork.

enjoy

Woodruff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NOOOOOOOOO!!! not teh lensflare!!!

rule no 1, never use lensflares
    rule no 2, never use lensflares
    rule no 3, never use lensflares
    rule no 4, ahh what the heck, make sure you don't use lensflares, they are SATAN!!!

have a nice day *waves*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL
    NOOOOOOOOO!!! not teh lensflare!!!

rule no 1, never use lensflares
    rule no 2, never use lensflares
    rule no 3, never use lensflares
    rule no 4, ahh what the heck, make sure you don't use lensflares, they are SATAN!!!

have a nice day *waves*
    lol, thanks for the post EVIL. yeah, the lensflare seems to be bothering alot of people, but i still think it works for what i wanted. hey, sometimes you just have to stick to your guns.

Woodruff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've got an almost "Dali" sensibility with the mind of HR Geiger. These are really neat. They have a kind of twisted persona to them; like you are drawing what is in side the evil creature rather than what we see (deep I know). Keep up those sketches! And thanks for dropping by my humble sketchbook.

"Oh my God who is flying this thing! ......... Right, that would be me." ~Wash

DeviantArt - Sketchbook - Concept Art.org Porfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok guys, here are the story sheets for the first issue of Bulle' Red. This is what ive been up to as far as projects go. Im the writer and current pincilar/inker/colorist for the comic, looking to have this first issue done sometime by early next year. i just got back from a long summer of traveling, so now the time is on me. : enjoy.

During the early ages of mans expansion, the southern edge of the known world was in chaos. Hubariaus's, mighty warlords, each ruled one of 27 states and waged war upon one another for the ambition of ultimate control over the region. This conflict seemed to be endless, and for more than 40 years, the fledgling region knew only barbarism and dismay. Then rose to power the Hubariaus, Hauthr the Terrible, whose lust for blood and power was unmatched by men of that time, and he proclaimed the world his own, judging by kill, that no one was equal or greater then he. He crowned himself with the horns of the best Obthalious sios, and led his armies to horrendous victory, laying all opposition to waste.

It has been 10 years sense Hathr took the southern wars by the helm...
    -

Somewhere. A man; warrior, strong and proud, lies dying on the battlefield. the sky is yellow and orange, stained with great clouds of black smoke. a dark figure apporaches him. The air reaks of burning flesh and the earth is stained with blood. the approaching figure is a mountainous thing. a man of massive size, wearing a helm of two great horns upon his head. a long, thick beard seeps from out the gaurd on his face. He is armored for brute strength and speed, carrying a great black axe in his hand. he looks down upon the dying warrior, and sais in a bellowing deep voice, "did you think you could beat me, child?"
    Silece. "well fool? what think you now?". The dying soldier begins to cough and comit blood, intermixed with gagging words, "cough*your the fool*cough*wheeze*". the figure in the horned helmet's eyes go wide in a hatful glare, astounded by the statement. the warrior continues, "you say you are a genocide.*wheeze*but you are nothing...you burn as a man, and only a man. you are love of the flesh*cough*. Man of the south*vomit*it is Bulle' Red who you serve. Entire cities fall to his blades, while you rely on your armies*wheeze*
    "in the east does he draw oceans of blood...in the east, where he rules over even you, genocidist!" the helmed figure tightens his grasp on his axe, his gaze firey and hateful. he lifts the great azz and thrusts teh blade at its but into the very face of the warrior, making a loud *splorch* sound. the figure stands alone with the mutilated corpse, then begins to walk back through the feild. he mutters, "no one is greater than me". we see a city burning in the distance.
    Montaisiaughs. A wide spread city surrounding the loom of a high mountain.
    The orgasms raged into the night, but the king showed no care to rellish in the spils of his victory...
    he watched from his throne as two servant girls made love with eachother. Something on his mind. he watched closely, as words began to echo in his ears, and frighten him. "innn theee darrrk...Innn Blood....In the Eeeast, he rules you". he rose suddenly from his throne, and screamed STOP! The whole party went silent, the servant girls startled by the volume of his voice in the great hall, and look up at him with curious eyes. He grabed the great black axe which set next to him, and began to approach the two girls. he screamed, "Damn Phantoms! Harsh words of the Cruelest Lies!"
    He lifted his axe and slammed its blade into the girl on the top, the girl on the bottom screaming and squrming out just in time. the mangled girl hits the ground with a loud, fleshy thud and a sharp, peircing clank of the axe metal.
    The king turned, pulling his axe from the dead girl, and approaches the live girl that was one the bottom. He grabs her face angrily and looks into her fearful, crying eyes. "Call me Master!" he bellows. "I worship you master" is her ghasping reply. He continues to stare at her, unblinking, with the dark eyes of a lion upon its prey. "And who am I!?!", "You are the king of kings". He roars, "And where do I Hail From!!!?!!!", "From the Mountains Above*whimper*"
    He throws her to the ground, the quiet congragation standing quietly, watching attintivley. He stands in his hall and roars, his eyes eyes shut beneath his long hair. "Dare it be said that I am vasal to ANYONE!!!"
    He turns, facing his congragation. All blood thirsty broots made generals and noblemen. "DARE ME CHALLENGE MY AWESOME POWER AND THEN LIVE ON!!!"
    he grabs the servant girl he just threw by the hair, and drags her to the great gate at the far end of the chamber. the congragation watching silently in the torch light as their king retires, with his slave girl.
    The Chamber doors swing wide open into a massive hall of dark stone, the skins of many persons-bearing teh crest of the king-hang high in the mountain breeze, and the skulls of many persons staked high upon the walls as ornaments. The king was angry...his proud ferocity troubled and in question with in himself..and he expelled his anger, answered his questions as best he could....with women....and peasents....and attempt he did.
    ...and still his mind was plagued...through months and through spies, word reached him of rumorse in the east, and thus fueled his anger even greater. Of terrible tragedy and blood soiled villages. strange dissapearences and sightings beyond description. All revolving about the one figure..Bulle' Red.

"So he chose to do what he felt must be done, himself"

"But lord, the nation needs your strength" screams the govoner of the kings domain, "how can we hope to defend ourselves and live with out you?" the king faces the horned helemt on the top of his great chair, thinking intently. "this is something i must do" he sais, "youll watch over my nation..and protect and treat her as i have done". he reaches for the helmet,"What i am to do will protect the best of us...and prove my dominance over the realm.., he slams the helmet down. the small man on the floor is drenched in an overwhelming shadow, and he trembles as words bellow upon him like a thunder storm, "and all the world". the small man bows tothe ground as the towering king stands gret and proud, muttering to himself beneath his helmet and beard, "i am supreme".
    ~::Unia Sagithia Nessraugh by Azeira::~ updated 02/29-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by masterpug
    You've got an almost "Dali" sensibility with the mind of HR Geiger. These are really neat. They have a kind of twisted persona to them; like you are drawing what is in side the evil creature rather than what we see (deep I know). Keep up those sketches! And thanks for dropping by my humble sketchbook.
    thanks for the post masterpug. i appreciate your views, and think that youve made quite a comparison with my work and such other names. i cant tell you how difficult it is to get the context of certain peices by, but its the fate of certain concepts, no less.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i look at many of your pieces and i think 'joan miro'. i'd suggest a little more color, attention to overall design, and using the rest of the paper. with such a strong deign element, you have to incorporate the whole paper and not just settle on the figure. try working more with the brush.

aq

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i really like your work, it has its own sense of flow to it, i would suggest more work with sumi-ink and paint brushes, i belive your best pieces are the ones done in ink, at least they look like there don in ink.

as for you comic i would suggest some more work with the human form, line control, and quality control from frame to frame

keep up the good work

-sleepy

I used to have a deep and meaningfull quote here but that got a lil tiresome

please crtic my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the input on my sketchbook!

As for your stuff? The delicate and free lines might really be complimented with an acrylic feel and hefty abuse of the palette knife tool in Corel Painter. Definitely use dark and warm colors with plenty of light/dark (forget the fancy word for it

By the way ... you're a Ralph Steadman fan, aren't you? It seems almost obvious that you drew influence from his style. And if you haven't heard of Ralph Steadman ... then look him up NOW!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Azeira, you've got some cool surrealist stuff going on here. Think a bit more more about composition and let's see some more detail. Really like the BW insect thing.

ha ha - as soon as I saw the lens flair I thought people would come down on you. It's a definite no-no round here .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "cyborg"

well, i do like ralph steadman, lol, and more than likely there is at least a hint of inspiration there, as from gaiger and dali. i dont have a proper computer yet, so i have to brood with my pen and paper, the occasional pencil and charcoal, but most of my peices are very large, and its simply impossible to get them on the comp i do have with out the pics coming out terrible in the end. ill try some more to see if i cant get a few of those on here. thanks again for the good advice.

Woodruff

Last edited by Azeira; September 7th, 2005 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Some logos that i did between 99-04 for a few bands.

Iron Legion
    Black Torment
    Blood Horde
    Demonomancy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very interesting, I'm really diggin the biomechanoid piece. I'd really like to see the finished version of your comic. keep up the good work

My sketchbook

My finished work

Get the full scoop on my personal Project 'Titanomachy' Here My Deviant Art page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some interesting stuff, but I'd say that abstraction befor having a handle on classical foundation such as anatomy, structure, proportion will only hurt your work.

Don't use abstraction as an excuse to be weak at foundation.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Warhead: thanks for the post. more to come, as always!

TGPing: Im such the procrastinator with this comic. I admit that the pages desplayed are rather shifty in form, and not very good, but their just models that i have. do far im still working on the concept peices for the characters, and will keep this sketchbook updated as i draw closer to the finished volume. thanks again.

Magic Man: i havent been able to update for a few days, but ill be sure to get some more classical peices up here for you guys. truly, its not a question of whether or not i can or cant, but simply i havent had the interest to post anything of such yet. What i have posted so far is what i felt was a good introductory to my work and to my interest, and if it is asked to show the more fundamental skills required, than most certainly am i capable of doing so. thanks for making this point

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you just left the world of realist/illustrated/conceptual art/comic art behind. wave. your space is too personal/subjective. come back.

aq

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    two quick sketches today. have been in a masters of the unvierse kick lately, so how couldnt i help one or two quickies of skelator.

Quote Originally Posted by antquin
    you just left the world of realist/illustrated/conceptual art/comic art behind. wave. your space is too personal/subjective. come back.
    It can't be!! NOOOOOOOO!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its been awhile sense ive updated, but i havent been drawing much, here are a few that are new, and a two fomr 2004 (so sais the signature).

A few minor problems with the crouching fellow. i could get his right leg right, and his left thigh i fear is a little two thin for what dictates as proper anatomy. also, with the cave man, i think i may have gotten a little to wild with the broadness of his face. the right side seems to be a little wider than the left. But, hey, when you try something new, there are always little glitches to come with. as for the leg lamp oost, i dont know what i was thinking with that one, . i guess ive just been up for more practice than my usual,full-on peices. any crit/advice you guys can give is always welcome.

Woodruff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the skeletor drawings the most, a little more anatomy practice and you'll be on a roll...

update soon!

My sketchbook

My finished work

Get the full scoop on my personal Project 'Titanomachy' Here My Deviant Art page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    TG PING: thanks man. yeah, hes an old favorite. Ive always favored the masters of the universe concept compared to what theyve used for the cartoon series. im thinking of posting a series of several skelator concepts of my own, so keep an eye for later updates to see.

This is one of those other peices i posted back in the sketch forum when i first came to concept art. Like the others, im adding it to this sketchbook to have the total of my sketch peices in one big forum.

done with charcoal and cante, with a little color saturation through the comp. the horizon is a little hazy, and ive heard it compared more to a mountain than a tower, but its just me using fantasy subject matter with color, light/dark experimentation. enjoy.

"Dark Tower of Seivas"

Woodruff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    why not study some anatomy photos or faces,i would recommend a book by Andrew Loomis called Figure drawing for all its worth.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.