Jump to hit!
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Jump to hit!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Jump to hit!

Hello everyone, this is my first draw posted on CONCEPTART, I'll be thanks for your discussions and giving directions.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Overall it looks nice...

But I would hardly call this finished. Keep working on the anatomy and shading/highlights. It looks as if he's in a pretty awkward pose (With the way his ankle is bent and everything like that).

Just keep practicing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks a lot, I'll try to modify it.

夢是什麼?我要如何去追求我所要的生活呢?真耗時間!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 408 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The first thing that strikes me is that his arms are about just as long and just as fat as his feet. Feets are bigger than arms. not the opposite.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aside from the anatomy, it is a bit unclear what you are trying to express. Is this person flying with a magic stick, or is he going to hit something? (You say it in the title of course, but the picture should not need the title to explain it) Because we do not see the face, we don't know if he is happy or angry or afraid. If he is going to hit something, we don't see what it is. (and the stick looks too thin for someone with such big arms). His right hand has become invisible - he can't be holding the stick with both hands in the same place.

It looks a bit like you are nervous to draw his face. But drawing faces is important, so keep trying.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really reminds me of Phil Hale. He draws alot of men in the air with sticks. You should definately check out his book, Goad. I couldnt find any good copies of the pictures Im talking about on the interewb, but I guess you could have a quick flick through his stuff at your local comic book store. His anatomical drawing is very accurate with a nice loose brush work stlye.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would work on where the arm meets the torso at the shoulder. The shoulder is drawn too narrow. As well his forearm is too long. I find what helps me to get proportions correct is to do a light stick figure skeleton first, then flesh it out. Nice colours, could be more blended though but I understand you were going for a sketchy feel.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.