Site Design - warning, large image.

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I really need some crit on this... I like it, but it doesn't seem.. quite right, I get that its too blue, but I'm not sure what other colours would work with with it. I like the peachy background personally, I tried out a peach to khaki background, which worked better than I expected, but it didn't fit. Its for my bussiness site, as a webdesigner/graphic artist. If you were needing a website created, and saw this kind of a design, would you look further or click the back button? If you're thinking the back button, what would improve it? I'm good at working to specifications, but working with no guidelines of my own, I'm kinda lost as to how to finish it.

Hands and legs are mine, the hair, eyes and lips are my younger sisters - she's so gorgeous *sigh*

Oh, and one more thing, Madster - please refrain from posting on this topic, you have a tendency to kill threads.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like it, and I would continue, it gives a sense that you didn't just bung your company to together in a day, you spent time on it.

I'll have a think on some changes, and get back to you.

I may not be as good as you at art, but I can stare at you 'til your head explodes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks!

I actually DID bung it together in a day... I just feel it needs to be properly polished off. I was considering going for a techno sort of interface and integrating the blue images into it. But I like the arty, more spartan look to be honest. Just plain blue and white was much too hard on the eyes though...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You did? Well, could've fooled me...

Perhaps you need another...thing...in the big, gaping part of the white. But not to use the blue, or, at least the same shade of blue. By 'thing' I mean a picture or signature, perhaps your company's logo.

What programe did you use?

I may not be as good as you at art, but I can stare at you 'til your head explodes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That big white space is gonna hold the content like, menus and promo blurb... where exactly did you mean?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Right...Well what about the bottom right corner? Something flashy and solid that catches your eye, see what I mean? Do you have the company's logo?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well to be honest I'd really like to use one of my sister's features at the logo. I used photoshop by the way. But I think you're right, something solid would balance up the page, the text menus and content would work nicely with a copy right notice and contact details complete with logo down the bottom.

Also, I tried playing around with the faded lines... I'm not sure if I mind it either way... your thoughts?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmmmm...I like it, just not with the font part all wiggly. It gives me abit of a headache trying to decipher it. I need to go soon, add you to my buddy list?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No problems. Thanks so much for your help. I think the logo idea has really balanced it out...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excellent. I need to go now, see ya later!

On an attack ship on fire, off the shoulder of Orion....
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Personally, for art websites, I find those organic looking fonts to look a little cheezy. I like a cleaner, more buisness like font myself, but that's just me.

"Undermine their pompous authority, reject their moral standards, make anarchy and disorder your trademarks. Cause as much chaos and disruption as possible but don’t let them take you ALIVE"

-Sid Vicious

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm looking more for some way to polish off the design itself... but I'm getting warmer I think...

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've never been inspired by a ripple, although I've been often inspired by dreams. The ripple motto sounds too LiveJournal "cutesy" for any website trying to impress people, but would probably work well for a personal gallery-type site.

The blurry half head at the bottom also doesn't look like much more than a bad Filter effect...

I love the freedom of Public Forums, where all members have the same opportunity to view and comment! Isn't that just SO pathetic???Site Design - warning, large image.

~M

Last edited by madster; August 31st, 2005 at 11:25 PM.
    Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Two small suggestions:

A)Font could use some changing..Woodrodius has a point
    B) Its better without the ripples. I suggest that there be no breaks in the vertical lines as well, it sort of looks as if parts of the lines were erased.
    Hope that helps.

TUNAFISH SAMMICHES?!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by madster
    I've never been inspired by a ripple, although I've been often inspired by dreams. The ripple motto sounds too LiveJournal "cutesy" for any website trying to impress people, but would probably work well for a personal gallery-type site.

The blurry half head at the bottom also doesn't look like much more than a bad Filter effect...

I love the freedom of Public Forums, where all members have the same opportunity to view and comment!

~M
    I agree with madster on the bottom half it does look a little cheesy and it would porbably look even better if you made you r own font pending on the program you have acces too, I do love the idea you brought forth keept it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *Sigh* madster you are quite pathetic. I made a simple request and your mouth is so strongly in command of you that you can't even be curteous? I truly find that pathetic.

To the others;

I'm just playing around at the moment. I like the ripple effect personally, thus I will be keeping it, or implimenting it in some other way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

On an attack ship on fire, off the shoulder of Orion....
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That font is sort of goofy too. Try a more conservative font, something thinner and more uniform. I know that "wacky" fonts can be tempting, but I see them all the time, especially in animation portfolio websites, and I have to say they look awful. That's why there are conceptual artists, animators, illustrators, and then there's graphic designers.

"Undermine their pompous authority, reject their moral standards, make anarchy and disorder your trademarks. Cause as much chaos and disruption as possible but don’t let them take you ALIVE"

-Sid Vicious

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmmm, don't be so hard on the madster he really only lets people know when there are errors, and he's usually on about them, and he really loves pumping the notion of free speach for everyone on forums, so asking him not to post is ridiculous

Anyways, on to your concept here....it seems you have kind of a general direction you want to go in, but really doesn't seem too planned out. Looks like you are just randomly trying filters and different "tech" techniques to try and make something that looks nice. You should really do abunch of pencil thumnails and plan out where menu's and content are going to go, and also include that in your design.

If you put your text into a layer with a say light blue background and black text, that will really offset how the rest of the layout looks, same with the menu and the graphics/fonts chosen for it. So I would suggest putting both those elements into this pic with some empty "jiagin noctal bour snivel, tak falamouth wiakin gar nodus" cool filler text, then a basic menu with "gallery" "links" "yadda yadda" in it....then see what it looks like then...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thats an excellent idea. Thanks hun!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.