Alien Baby

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: Alien Baby

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Alien Baby

The idea for this piece is totally ripped from the last page of the crapfest Act of God JLA series where Superman's and Wonder Woman's baby is telepathically lifting blocks. Anyway I thought it would be fun to try to illustrate this idea myself, so here goes.
    Since this is the first painting I've really ever been dedicated to i want to get some serious critiques and help so I can make this as productive of a learning experience as possible. Some points I really think I need critiques on are the anatomy and maybe fleshtones, composition as well. Thanks a lot for the help guys.

Pencils:
    Alien Baby

Pencils with some paints:
    Alien Baby

P.S.- A little information about myself, I'm 18 from Ohio, and will be attending UC this fall to pursue Digital Design for next year (I have to transfer because I applied way too late). Also, as I've gotten into this I'm not really feeling the eyes, but we'll see how they go.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my suggestion so far would be to start working with a midtone rather than a white page. it makes the rendering much easier (al least for me)

as fas as the composition goes, i got no crits so far. i suppose the attention will be the face, so you may use some contrasting elements to pop that out.

hope this helps.

ender coşkun
    my old sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.