Sketchbook: Sve's Book (April 03 2008, Baroque, digitals, life studies) - Page 13

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great update on your latest sve. Your continued stuides have seen you jump leaps and bounds1

Dr CM Wong
    Director
    Opus Artz - Digital Art For The Entertaintment Industry

Affiliations:
    International Association of Astronomical Artists | Aerospace Medical Association

Guillermo_del_Toro: Viva WETA and the many "toys" they make! And may Cthulhu give me more shelves to put them on...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Love your comments, sve. And I love your images better... man your good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"...It's nobody's business but the turks..."

Svetta,
    wow!
    Its so special to get to see your ink work after all of the other media that you've been focusing on. The studies of these animals are nothing short of gorgeous. In the bird, the feathered body section is really looking spectacular, and though i'm not an expert the different parts of the wings look really nice and very believable. amazingly enough, thoughthis plumiage appears to be some dark color, like, maybe black or dark green or blue, I can see that and the anatomy of the bird still looks accurate. Looks like you had a lot of fun drawing it; If i had to critique anything, I'd say that the beak's outline looks a little ambiguous ... Kind of wish the sharp tip of the upper beak were just a little more acute and the branch upon which this proud wise bird is sitting were rendered out just a little bit more, to place him or her more in an environment... great work though... very, very impressive! Is he eyeing some tiny mouse in the distance? so sinister.

They say "the bird is the word...," & "Poppa OO Mow mow" (it's a surf-garage song, sorry )

If my dog sawthis guy, he'd run towards and YANK MY ARM OFF! seriously he loves chasing squirrels. You set a great example with regards to finishing an ink drawing... do you do some preliminary pencil sketch before you ink over the outlines or shadows? I have done this in the past but am trying to get to a more only using pen technique with using like little dots and dashes upon which to build forms. This way i can get away from the so-called tyranny of too many lines around one form. Mr. Thirsty here looks fantastic, great job with the water and very, very subtle reflection that is also mixed in with a shadow.

The digital reffed photos of these turkish women are very, very nice... I like how the colors you are using are still rather muted, Whenever i see your digital paints i always am impressed by the way that your digital paints look like traditional media... very interesting. This costume is so elaborate it seems like she is preparing for some kind of ceremony. The dark earthy tones and the hand renderings are quite memorable... how long did this take you? is she tying her belt perhaps?

Cheers and thanks for all of your help and support. i just subscribed to your thread svetta, btw. I need the heads up when you update...

joel

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; March 3rd, 2006 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SVE- WOW, you are becoming quite the incredible artist! I am enjoying your progress here very much.... Your studies are excellent and that Madame de Pompadour study should be posted in the finished section. I think it is one amazing drawing you have accomplished there. I think alot of the time drawing has alot to do with mindset. In my own personal life when my mind is clear and I am focused my quality of drawings are so much more profound then when its busy thinking about other things. Next time your about to sit and draw something. Pick out which of these great drawings you like the most. then try to recall what was going on, how you felt, what you did differently then, then what you may be doing at other times. I have an old art teacher that gave my some very helpfull tips a long time ago. 1- when you start a drawing think to yuorself or even say out loud.... "this is going to be my best ever" 2-Before you start the drawing tell yourself "I am the master of this, I will control my pencil (or whatever medium your using) using my mind, my eye, and my desire to create greatness. your artwork is inspiring. Keep the vibe alive!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Man2.gif Let me just open with how much I love this sketch. I find these style of fluid strokes in most of your stuff that I like very much. Light, relaxed, confident, no fear. Perhaps this was a quickie for you but it has an energy that I am trying to find in your more finished works. The finished works are good, tight and solid, but at the same time might have lost something in the translation (as most finished works are, that is why I am a fan of unfinished sketches, quick, rapid sketches, rough and seemingly grabbed straight from the brain -or heart, whichever you prefer). For example, the sketch of the lady sitting on the stool, looking back, thats really good. Nice tones in the body and good attention to details. Though it is a fine example of your finished works, it is at the same time, a world away from your unfinished ones, as if it was not done by the same artist. I am looking for that chaotic, swift sve energy that was in the sketch of the naked man (among others). Maybe I am not getting myself across because I type as I think, but hoepfully you get what I mean. Both camps (finished and unfinished) are good, but there is something in the unfinished that draws me to it. Maybe its just the way I am (always gravitating to unfinished, loose works of art).

By the way, that study of the french artist Boucher is exquisite. Very, very nice. How long did it take you to do this? Hope to see more from you, comrade.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lukavi, dear, reading and feeling happy that everything you wrote are my thoughts too. Love you for that. Agree, agree and again agree. Love when open heart speaking with me through art. Love your comment the same way. Who would've thought that we agree in this. Thank you for speaking your mind, I adore these rare sincere moments, not many of them I see, even here on this sincere forum. Thank you, I got all what you said straight to my heart. I feel the same about my finished work, it's cold, decent maybe sometimes , but cold.

BTW, yeah, that's why I'm always in the Sketch book section, it's warmer there, than in Finally Finished section.

Oh, you asked a question, you know i always forget to look at time, but probably a day, always running around somewhere else between painting.

Really wish to hear more from you, love to listen to you.

Last edited by sve; March 2nd, 2006 at 06:39 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow I am happy to see so much improvement over the pages. The photoshop studies are killer. And you are learning alot. God bless conceptart.org/forums!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your line confidence is inspiring, all I can say is thanks! Great book.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just popping in to say hi, sve! Really sweet work, my friend!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by sve in my thread
    ...Are you talking about the kurdish woman? It's a drawing actually mostly, not a painting. A digital drawing. I used some textures, but mostly it's a dry hard edge brushes. I might changed opacity of some layers. Most of the time it's just my personal preferences where to stop, or where to add. You better ask more precise questions, because I kind of don't know exactly what you asked. I want to tell you everything you want to know, just ask me more to the point questions, OK? Thanks for the kindness, I'm so grateful.
    Sveta
    sveta - i love those kurdish woman, especially http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Iran.jpg.
    the suggestion and details of the fabric is one of the things. i guess i was just curious to hear how you approached it, what you were thinking, maybe see a step by step, dont know. i was just excited when i saw these and that master study you did recently. same thing. great colours as well. anyway i love it.

hope to see more from you soon.

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sveta, i know it's been said here many times already, but those drawings of the kurdish woman are beatiful, In fact, I think they start to capture exactly what lukavi is looking for - they are more finished looking, but the energy and spontaneity is still there in the strokes. My jaw just dropped when I first saw those.

Please stop by my new Anatomy Sketchbook and critique the hell out of it.

"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."- Mario Andretti

My Blog (Cartoony stuff)

My Illustration Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You´ve got very beautifulstuff on in your sketchbook, as always.

I especially liked the muscle studies. Makes me wanna make more studies as well. The pic of "Madame de Pompadour". How long did it take to make that?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sveta ,some wonderful drawings you got here,please never stop posting!
    Ajd Uzdravlje!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your madame study & kurdish lady coloring & brushing just rock. keep it up man!

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm lovin your updates! The Kurdish woman and the 18th century madame are such excellent studies! I also love your animal drawings, they're cute. ; )

You really don't need me to say this, but good work! I'll continue to say trite encouraging things, until I thik of a better way to express my gratitude for your sharing. = P

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Absence and booze.

There are no small sketchpads, just small artists.

The make-perfect button must come from within.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow...............Great works.......... I just love all of them.......Ur pen studies r great.....very nice and confident lines.......And the fruits were cool...love the Kurdish woman.......went through all the pages....ur dedication is inspiring......

I really like the sketches by Christina.......I just love the way kids see and think about things.........

Gonna visit frequently......So much to learn here......

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. So much kindness from you, dear friends and teachers of mine. Make me happy and touched. I'm very grateful.

I'm overusing smileys always, in a such way, I have no space for my own images, so please accept my huge smile for all you wonderful artists here .

Hello, heartbeat, thank you, it's a second time you're kindly giving your thoughts to me. That's very dear for me. I wish you left a link to your art.

Julien, you are the sweetest, such a great friend of mine. I value every little note from you, I learned from you, buddy and trust your taste more than mine. Don' hesitate to say right away every flaw to see.

Chip, I miss your calm conversation already, although we just spoke, I wish it was some way for you to talk, and for me just listen , I already know everything I can say. Thank your for generous comments. I bet you noticed something weak too, but withheld it from me. And that's me losing the information. Thank you for your kindness. Interesting comment about portrait and costume study. I appreciate it.

Thank you, Heroic, very nice of you to dropped by and say this .

Hey, Gun. It's so great! Now i see your face in front of me, when I talk to you, and that's a big relief to me . Thank you for the observations. i did put some BG, but need to work more on it. And huge thanks for the tips how to do underwater lights effect. I never used these layers features. I will now thanks to you!!!

Hello, Bobby-X, drawing from memory is my weakest side, I need to developed this quality all over again, I lost it after I became an adult. The models drawing from life, I paid for the sessions . Thank you so much.

Dear Blacky, Thank you so much for your great news you share with me. Awesome. Mozart Requiem project! I can't even imagine how it will be? Trying to recreate impressions from music in art!?!? Amazing. Yeah we do it in some way when we listen music, but now you have to depict exact music in exast art piece. Looking forward to see it.
    Your art teacher is a very good one, in any case. because I enjoy art from you.
    I did several versions of BG in the Kurdish woman, and frankly speaking I don't like any of it. Not a textured, not a sketchy ones. I might try the realistic looking one too. Hope you had a huge fun in Greece. Your English is fine and it's getting better every time you try to express your thought in a foreign language, so it's all good. See your, buddy. Write as much as you can.

Hey, Pencilator. You charmed me inside out. In hugging the force is not important, the gradations are . mine are subtle Thank you, my sweet friend.

Summer Pudding, thank you so much, so cool of you to stop by.
    That would've been great, but I'm always in a hurry drawing, so it's not a confidence, it's a impatience.

Thank you so much, koshime, means a lot coming from you, you are so great in you art work.

MattGamer, you are so kind to me, very kind, make me feel shy, really. Thank you !!!!

Oh, Joel, You are so nice, really shake my grounds with your kind friendly heart. And you have it in your art too, open heart of yours. thank you so much. I'm trying to learn this strict manner of rendering, you know the parallel lines you talked about in your book. it's hard, but very exciting. Thank you for giving your thoughts to me. I value them very much. I will be careful now and remember your observation about the birds beak drawing with a pen, I probably should try to fix it digitally, But I'm trying not abuse this too much. it's more honest this way. ink requires the attention, and if I didn't give it right away, so that's the results. Well, something like this, a bit rubbish, I agree. Sorry for your drawings being removed, that's sad.

Thank you, Rob, so kind of you and I will use this advice of yours, preparing my mindset before starting. i never do this, but i'm willing to see what will happen. Hope you are all right!

Hello, lukavi, It's your second comment you're kindly giving to me, and they are great, both. I wrote everywhere I could to you after this, I'm very grateful and I think the same, exactly the same, it's striking! And I kind of like this heavy set man drawing too, for a gravitation feeling and for lines. But it has many bad things about it too, unfortunately. Thank you, hope to see your more, always happy when you do this.

Hello, Orozc0, thank you and totally agree, God bless the CA.org .

Asoir. thank you, dear, I wish i saw what you see.

Simon. I love you. simple as that.

Dear tensai, i did some kind of demonstration for you, not sure if it will give you anything at all. Unfortunately trying to do BG in Kurdish woman I merged many of my layers, so I showed everything in Madam painting, sorry for that. I use very many layers. 50 and more. I draw new details and color additions in different layers, I play with layer's opacity and I have textured brushes which bumskee kindly presented to me. It's his custom made brushes. In many cases i just played with different effects and additions until it's time to sleep.

Hey, Chris, Thank you, so kind. I hope I will see it one day. great to hear from you. I want to learn this free manner to paint, not careful one I do now, no, the one like in your SP. So thanks again, I often look at it and study.

Hello, johnny78, thanks a lot , I value your opinion a lot, I just love to read you on forum, You are great in everything you do. The study took day or two. the followed studies took longer, I don't know why.

VeSeljak, Thank you so much, your post is funny, made me smile. I have no ides why too, probably subconscious thing .

Hehe, GriNGoLoCo, thanks, you, guys are so funny.

Hey, Bad Brownie, beautiful girl! thank you, you are sweet. Sorry for you Birthday not being as you planned.

Hello, arya, so aweet from you, it was very interesting to read your thoughts, I'm very grateful.

u#p#d#a#t#e#

Life drawings

2min. Three images
    40min
    15min, or so

Digital from the photo on Internet, about 3 days.
    Bukhara Emir.
    Two portraits. charcoal and mixed media.
    And from Christie: Watercolor, made-up character and George Washington.
    Thank you all for looking.

Attached Images Attached Images                    
    Last edited by sve; April 17th, 2007 at 10:18 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi sve! how are you doing?

it's been a while since we've seen life drawings from you. how come? I like the update, once again really expressive, especcialy like the one you also posted in finally finished. Two portraits look good to. Think the one with mixed media looks better, hair seems to be more correct in this one. All with all, once again a great update! I thank you

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tensai, you asked me to show some steps, well that's what I have for you. Not much, sorry for that. ask more if you want to hear from me.

Fabric on the "Madame de Pompadour"" dress, I'm adding details in different layers.
    two images

Adding details: black BG is the separate layer too three images

The details:

I hope I gave you something, not sure though.
    see you.

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Last edited by sve; April 18th, 2007 at 01:57 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice update.......The portraits rock....looking like asian women.......Lovly
    and the painting of bukharo amir id nice....the silk cloth looks cool........
    the life drawings look good ....but the last one's looking too flat to me.........

I'm becoming a fan of christina........

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Sveta!

You ve got a really gorgeous sketchbook here, really nice variety, lots of studies and experiments and a pleasure to view. Whats more, awesome stuff from your daughter, I love what kids can come up with!

I am totaly inspired by your digital studies, wonderful textural look and sweet colours.

Very nice sletchbook! I ll visit more often

Cheers and have fun + post more!

Edite

SKETCHBOOK

Sinister Six Sketch Group
    Since 2003, sorta.
    Cookiedough Fooxoo Hyver Wolfje character

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya sweet friend ! I'm very glad to see new pics from you !
    The studies are cool and you know what I think of your "Bukhara Emir", simply gorgeous. I was thinking about a little more contrast in it, but when I saw the ref I realise how clear it was, so that crit is not very helpfull, I think ! It's very hard for me to made a crit on your stuff, I like it ! Simple as that ! Haaa, Madame de Pompadour ! No mistake this time ! My tiny French heart will be safe ! Hahahaha !

@ Christie: Nice stuff with the watercolor ! The little Kitty is very cute ! About George Washington, no crit at all ! Keep posting, Christie !

Cheers, Sveta & Christie !
    Julien.

Last edited by Alday.J; April 8th, 2006 at 09:13 PM.
    Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hiya Sve, these are amazing digital studies.The Madame de Pompadour painting is looking great; immense amount of detail in it - Im def going to have to look up the original now. Also the foreshorteinging in your latest figures is looking really good.
    I'll keep coming back to your sb, its great having you on the boards.

Alcian

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sveta, such beautiful art you make! i went through your entire sketchbook and was often enthralled, your figures and faces are so interesting. i must say that although there are many comments about anatomy & such i rarely found that to be an issue -- i think perhaps you are more concerned with making art than making a recording of a scene, if you understand my meaning, and you succeed very well in that. the latest quick figure studies and portraits are very much like that, i see boldness and confidence and as much concern with what's happening with your marks on paper as with capturing a likeness or a pose. this makes them very fresh and spontaneous for me, as if i was there at the moment they were made. that is rare and valuable.

M. Pompadour is technically amazing, but for me she has less life than your sketches and faces, and so too with the Bukhara Emir. the Emir shows strong virtuosity in strokes, and edge control, and use of pallette, but i see little more than what was likely in the photo in terms of the man, or in terms of the artist. i think you put more of yourself into your life drawings and portraits.

technically, i also see in the Emir a certain flatness, a lack of volume to the forms, that may come from the photo ref -- it is easier to overlook such aspects of a photo because we think of photos as "recording reality," which is far from true, but sometimes photo-ref'd paintings can echo these photographic distortions and they are more visible in paintings. you have, i think, captured well in your Emir's face most if not all of the man's character likely evident in the photo -- it is a very strong and human face i see.

so, Sve, you asked me to be more thorough, and i have, and i must say i like your work very much, it is almost all very easy to approach on a personal level, and speaks to me as much of you as of the subjects. it is fun listening to them speak

Continuity Break -- my sketchbook

Shameless plugs!
    Kata femme -- a 3D model WIP, now updated!
    The Giordano Gambit -- Barsoomian Zingball at its best!
    Valkyrie Ascending -- now updated with the second in a series!
    ArmaRagnaGeddonRock-yer-Yuga! -- celeztial shitz 'n' gigglez
    I . Miss . America -- "colored [eyes] may hypnotize..."

"In the end, Razputin, aren't we all just dogs playing poker?"
    -- Edgar Teglee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sve--

Simply lovely work, yet again. The two portraits scream with life, particularly the mixed media one. There is a great feeling of the artist's hand in them, which I think sometimes is lacking in your paintings. Bukhara Emir is lovely in your handling of it, the color, the patterning, but I feel it lacks the same life as your charcoals. Perhaps because you are moving closer to a visual "reality", and yet are not quite showing life? The light on the hands, for example, looks to be from different light sources, and there is not enough definition of the forms in the shadows/highlights.

I look forward to more updates from you and Christina. I can't wait until my son and I can draw together!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Howdy, sve! Awesome update as usual. There are many things that deserve praise, so let me start off with the green madame in your freshest update. The detail boasts of the richness of the whole image, it is fast becoming a masterpiece. I admire your ability to retouch your older works and enhance it more, so that it reaches its full potential. Hope to see more on this. The painting of Bukhara Emir reminds of the style in which you did the Kurdish woman (somehow I missed this old lady in my last visit). I agree with crazy3dman in that it is a good balance of tight and loose, which gives it your distinctive style. Between the two, I think the Kurdish lady shines more, perhaps because red has bigger impact maybe? Other than the color though, I think the Kurdish lady is more dynamic and has more loosness in the strokes. What can I say about the figure drawings, it's got the Sve stamp of bad-assness. Love the lines, so fluid, seemingly just gliding it's way effortlessly across the paper accidentally forming the curves of a woman. The more rendered drawing of the reclined woman captures that free spirit as well. Sweet! Hope to see more, ja.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your gesture figure drawings are again very well done. I love the confidence that the lines are put down with. Keep doing these I can't get enough of looking at that stuff.

the Painting of the man sitting just pops from the screen. The contrast between his robes and the wall comes out very nicely. His face is so somber and his manner is threatening but the robes give him a nice touch of softness. love the little quote on the side. He does look like he needs some love.

Just searched for images and saw the photo you are working from. If you go back to this Try and get some more of that rich blue into the robes.

Beautiful work as always Sveta. Those last few details from the lady in green are very helpful in understanding how you work digitally. Thanks for that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh just beautiful. the paintings are great specially (is that george washington) oh yeah it is i didn't read the title haha. tell christie she has fans. the figures are lovely and the portrait's are soo pretty. my suggestion is to study lips a bit, usually the top edge of the upper lip has a lot of light on itso use value to suggest it not line. and i don't know if it's just your style, but when you work digitally try to keep you brush size as large as possible for as long as you can. there seems to be a uniform type of thing with your digitals where you have left gaps of uncolored space because of a small brush. but your paintings are wonderful still. bye bye.

(sorry no frech today).

my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Sveta!
    Good to see some new art from you
    I love all the updates; The studies show your flowing loosy style, very expressive lines and poses. You do lifestudies from photos or real models?
    The emir guy is great, your painting skills grow up very very fast, I think in some weeks you paintings will look like photos
    I can see your typical painting style in the picture, thats a very good thing I think, it's a kind of signature like all the great masters have.
    I also like the portraits, especially the first one. I don't know really whats wrong with the second, maybe nothing but something disturbs me but maybe it's just because the first girl looks so hot
    And tell Christie that I enjoyed her pictures very much Did she draw everything on her own? The George Washington is fun and the watercolor piece is very expressive, one day she'll go far!

Good to see some process pictures from you, it's interesting how you create all the details.
    Hope to see more from you and your daughter, soon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sve - first of all, nice update! love the two figure sketches at the top the most. their line is nice and 'alive' and theyre great gestures.
    about the emir - i have to say im missing something. in general the image has a quite similar value which makes it a bit bland right now. i can already sense the quality of his shiny clothes but i think some additional lighting effects would do it good. some darker shadows but especially some bright reflections might help make it less flat.

second - thanks so much for showing some of the details/layers of your previous painting. i love the colours and the lighting and your brushwork in those. its just nice to see a drawings layers or steps sometimes, just to see what came first, what was added later, etc. again, thanks for posting these.

oh and third - i dont have kids yet, but i cant wait to draw together! im really not trying to be kind or flattering, and maybe its just a state of mind thats being surprised by these, but when i see these i just sit and smile for a while. so please tell christie that i enjoy her drawings a lot.

thanks for sharing!

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3