Sketchbook: Sve's Book (April 03 2008, Baroque, digitals, life studies) - Page 9
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    U.P.D.A.T.E.////////\\\\\\\\///////\\\\\\\///////\\\\\\\\///////\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\/

Hello, dear friends.

Hey, Haldor , thanks about noticing the excess of orange. I will be watching it. Although when I started to paint I noticed not enough hues for me to work with, need to generate custom colors. But the goal was to get used to digital painting. First impression was disappointment, then mixed, now I see good sides of it. Why so impatient, eat more vitamins, less pills.

Hello, timpaatkins . thank you and of course I will be doing what I''m doing for the most of my life. Old habits die hard.

Hello, Scott . I'm always feel great hearing from you. Wish you update more.
    Thank you and of course a lot of question arose, about what to use instead of grey hue. Brown, blue, red? internet is a wonderful invention, but it takes too long to wait for the answers . Oh, and yeah, Christie, my baby, she is my warrior girl. I had some very interesting discussions with teachers in school, like after her sitting on the chest of the defeated other student when he tried to be first in line.

Hey, Julien , thank you so much, please tell me every wrong thing since I'm in the unknown me territory. I need a good advice. Just saw you new post, thank you, very nice of you. I thought you are already celebrating Christmas in the nice quiet place near your parents, hope you are better and sleep a lot. Wish you the best.

Hey, Min, buddy . Thanks. I'm starting to like wacom, it has some nice qualities. But still not that comfortable. I draw in a very strange pose, with a wacom on my knees and my legs higher than everything else and I need a special angle for a free movement of my hand. But I think I like it. One liners are pen made, traditional. I used your advice and drew sketches for colored paintings digitally too. And that's the nice qualities I'm talking about.

Hello, ZebzFree , thank you and nice to meet you. Finished work. Sounds like inscription on the tombstone. How people can tell it's finished, it will be different for different person? Thank you, I'll try my best.

Hey, B-man . you are back! let see new adventures of partly my bear and actually I want to see the new cartoons with this funny guy who wants to drink all kind of drinks. He already got my sympathy . Thank you so much, this little girl is a chatter box. if she is sad, then not for long.

Hello, blacky . I look at your book and I think you are a great awesome artist. Beautiful paintings and drawings you did, I was totally smitten with your art, wrote you 30 min reply and lost it. Will write again. About those dark periods in artist life, oh, they are really terrible, I'm still not sure if they are really needed, but I tend to think so. They are an important part of moving forward, well moving at all, in any direction, there is no such thing in art as moving forward, I think. Many artists were ahead of their time, not understood. There is an opinion that artist doesn't need suffering and complicated condition to create new beautiful art, but who knows. To understand emotion and to depict it you need to go through it. Picasso, oh yeah, he was an energetic vampire. But an artistic talent and the person it lives in are two different and often opposite entities. Really, it's true. Thank you for the comment and for your beautiful art.

Hello, Bruce, , thanks a lot, blue is my most favorite color. But I'm OK. Stylised hair, hahahahahahah, nah, they are just clean . I would love to see what you do with digital panting, really can't imagine, your work is so traditional in the best of its meaning. OK. I'll wait to see

Hey, blacky , you are practically my co-writer , I'm glad. Let's combine threads, you and me, what are great idea, let's combine art. Wow, could you imagine this? Thank you so much for comment about skin tones, i wish i knew hoe you guys see it. I'm really not sure how to correct it, So I will visit your threads to get it from your art.

Hello, taxman , Thank you so much, very, very kind of you. I'm so glad, if you need bigger image or bigger resolution, just tell me. I will happy to give it. Yeah, I guess, I did something really wrong with skin tones, so glad you're telling me this. I don't see it myself. So. you mean sharper separation for planes? BTW. If, and this is a big if, I did something with fellah, he sure did something with me, I'm a different person after talking and observing his and many other artists work, a little bit more open minded, I hope. Thank you again, you are so kind to me.

Hey, bengonzalez . thank you for coming back and for encouragement. and special thanks for crits. You are right, too many unnecessary lines. I will remember it, thanks a lot.

Hello, Idiot Apathy . your name always makes me think hard what it means. I'll ask you one day. Come on, tell me your thoughts , I love listen hard crits, makes me feel special . Thank you so much. I want to join your Peer project and i will, I need it badly.

Hello, dear van . Happy to see you! I don't know what to say, I promised you I'll try my best to like my work, so it means I need to believe you are talking about me. Thank you so much. It's unbelievably pleasant. Hope you will explain me one day what you see in it. But I'm very grateful and touched. And I always like to see you on forum.

U.P.D.A.T.E.////////\\\\\\\\///////\\\\\\\///////\\\\\\\\///////\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\

A study from very old master .

-------------------------------------------------

Figure studies

1-2min; 10min,15mkn,20min,30min,40min

Sveta

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Last edited by sve; April 17th, 2007 at 11:15 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice update, Sveta! those 1-2 min are really starting to look confident!

I would however like to see you try something different when it comes to the coloring, and shading. It doesnt really seem like your heart is in it, but something that was added on without really wanting to be there? Because you have very strong contour, the soft rub shading feels a bit out of place. I say either lay down softer conts, or get down and dirty with the shading, really get in there and give it some elbowgrease!

Might I also suggest trying some neutral colored (brown, yellow, ocra, rgey)paper, and white and dark/prismas pencils? Using that is really fun, as it is very easy to make stuff "pop out"!

Cheers Tim

[url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    once again they are all full of life. It shows through that you've done them from life, and I think that is a good thing. The update is great, some minor anatomical flaws but that does not make them less good

ok.. you wanted a dish from holland because I myself am to slow when it comes down to taking pictures , so here it is ;

Dutch pea soup (erwtensoep)

Ingredients:
    2 cups split green peas, 3 qt. cold watter, 1 pig’s trotter, 1 pig’s ear, 1 cup bacon squares, 4 Frankfurters, 1 lb. Potatoes, 4 tbsp. salt, 1 celerac, 1 bunch celery-green, 2 leeks, 2 onions, salt.
    Preparations:
    Wash the peas, soak for 12 hours (unless you use quick cooking peas) and boil gently in the water. Cook in this liquid the trotter and add the ear and the bacon for one hour. Add the sliced potatoes, salt diced celeriac, cut up leeks and celery leaves and cook untill everything is done and the soup soup is smooth and thick. Add the Frankfurters for the last 10 minutes. The longer the soup simmers the better the taste. Three hours is the usual time in Holland. The soup gets so thick when it cools so that it can be cut the next day. The next day the soup tasts even better. That is why it is made in such big quantities.

so.. the first post on ca which tells you how to make erwtensoep, may it be of great use to every ones drawing skill.....

edit; sry for the really bad english :p

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, Haldor, that's so sweet of you, Thank you so much. We have similar dish in Russian cuisine, sort of a jellied meat, but it's not as rich as in Holland, much less ingredients. Cool! I'll try your version. I'm very grateful. Do you prepare it at home? On holidays? In Russia it's not every day dish. Thank you so much, You are not off the hook though. You promise pictures, I'm wa-a-a-a-a-a-aiting.
    Sveta

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sve, .....fist thing I noticed when seeing last update-...Oh, my, that's LOTS of text right there. If there was an award for most contributive Member of CA, it should be you to be awarded one. You've got like a quota of over 7 posts a day!
    And most of them aren't simple, asspat n' "nosetip is off" posts. I wish more people would take an example from you. (Although even I, don't get around reading all of it...
    Thanks for having had a look at my sb, I also assume that it was you who send bumshkee a link of it, thanks a lot.
    So, you are proposing to combine our threads?.....Great idea, but I'm not that much of an tech-expert to know how this might work (although I work at an Internett-cafe ) Perhaps if I joined your scetchsupport group or something... I am definately flatered by that proposition though .
    To come back to your last update, everithing looks great as usual, but I'm not sure what the colour at the leg of the 30min-one, is supposed to do.
    Where you speaking of cholodez when saying there was something similar to Haldors "Erbsensuppe"? (Very funny idea of the two of you byth.way) This would be called "Eisbein" in German, should sound similar in Dutch.
    Well, I've got to keep going...
    So long...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've been having a problem as of late getting the motion of a figure down in the 1-3 minute range, but you don't seem to be having that trouble at all. I see you capturing that motion very well. I really like the 10 minute poses, they are done very nicely, I must say. The unfinished figure in the 30 minute one says more to me than the one in the foreground. I don't really know why, maybe because she is raw in her unfinished state. I still see the rubberiness in the legs from the knee down in a lot of your figures. Is this your movement, your style?

You once told me that my models here in Detroit are all mean looking, well, I have to say that your Dallas models are much better looking, ha,ha.

Interceptor is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sve. Thank you very much from your detailed post. That means quite alot, because I have alot of respect for you and your work.

I just had a look through your sketchbook again. And I'm very inspired. And I'm seeing alot of the things I should be doing. The figure studies and life drawing. You figure sketches are a blast to look at. Good luck with your art in the future, I'll be following your work!!!

-Loren.

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sve, again i really like the style of your etch like sketches here.
    http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Copy.jpg

was surprised to hear these werent digital. i guess because of the contrast. the blacks are so black, there is no gray - just pure black and pure white. do you do this with ink? im curious how you would do a dramatic lighted still life in this technique. would be wonderful i think.

i checked my rembrandt books again and in the end they are really different. but if your curious i found some online the other day:
    http://www.essentialvermeer.com/remb...randt_etchings.

i have these books:
    The Complete Etchings of Rembrandt
    Drawings of Rembrandt, Vol. 1
    both really nice.

i would love to see a more finished piece by you as well. you got a beautiful scratchy style with lots of blacks that shows form and light quite dramatically.

looking forward to more sve.

edit: link doesnt seem to work. here is something else:
    http://www.rembrandtpainting.net/

have fun

Last edited by tensai; December 20th, 2005 at 09:03 PM.
    tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

bLok

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the gestural studies of images like 10min.jpg and 2min.jpg.
    Very rythmic and energetic lines. I also notice you are not "srcatchy" with your lines, instead you define each line, but in a loose way. That is confident and shows good understanding of figure.

The only crit I can think of is that the way you render values with pencil is generally rather soft, but in the ink study of Copy.jpg the values dont have that soft quality because they are done with lines.

I guess the crit is that it would be interesting to see a kind of point in between. Maybe making a less soft value treatment with graphite but not as bold and linear as with the ink. Maybe break up the figures into different planes and establishing values for each plane, and then softening up the edges of the planes somewhat. Enough so it doesn't look too "blocky", but not as much as to loose that harder quality.

I hope I could get my point across

I really like your sketchbook.
    Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You can stop worrying about me now. ha. I do exist. I have just been busy. Any way, quick glance through, you are imporoving. Your pen work makes me want to bow down. No time to anylize for crits. I have to go.

Sedig

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Ho ho ho!
    Hello sve, I'm always happy about your comments!

You have some very nice updates, the 1-2min. studies are great, very good flow. I like the 15 min. study more than the 3o min. one, they are both good but I think in the 15min. version you catched the figure a bit better.

Merry Crhistmas and a Happy new year!

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, Sve.. I see youve been keeping busy.. thats a great thing... And your forms are shaping up nicely.... Those life drawings will help you immensely and in a matter of time your going to start seeing a radical change in your work... And its started.. huge radical change... in any event... just wanted to tell you that keep on going.. you have the drive and the momentum right now... Ride that bad boy....! There is one tip that i can give you... When your drawing these life poses... it seems like your using charcol.... hold the charcol as softly as possibly... of if its a long piece hold it at the end... so that you dont have as much control over it then you normally would... this will help keep your drawings light and very loose.... When your sketching these... try and move quickly with these soft lines... then with your last minute and half put in the masses... again lightly and with your last 30- 20 seconds. quickly line in your outline.. Remember that the whole fom doesnt need to be outlined.. just the important parts.. in any event.... things are looking very good... congrats... and have a nice holiday if you dont get to chat..

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, Sveta ! First I wanna thank you for guiding Bumskee to my sketchbook ! Don't denied, Min told me it via PM-Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! So, thank you for that !

[QUOTE Thank you so much, please tell me every wrong thing since I'm in the unknown me territory. I need a good advice. [/QUOTE]

I'm not sure to really understand your request... Sorry ! A few days without posting in CA and it looks like I lost my english ! It's the "unknown me territory" that I can't understand ! Do you want an advice about your stuff ? In a general way, the only thing I can tell you is pay more attention to proportions (the head of of the last girl drawing, for exemple). But in a general way, it's very good. The stance are superb and you always got this energic lines. Well done !

[I hope that I understood you correctly... I need to work my english, really !]

Merry X-mass dear Sveta !
    J.
    P.S: And don't worry, I rest a loOot ! And my poor computer too !
    See ya soon !

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sve, your ink pen (?) faces are very solid and self confident. I mean the ones in #192, 191, 207 for example. Just sometimes it looks like the nose or something is just a little bit off, but it doesn´t ruin the whole.
    What´s cool is that they don´t have any underdrawing... going right for the inks.

You like to smudge, don´t you? You could be just like me, ´cause I´m too lazy to sit down 2 hours and draw tons of lines.

Unfortunatelly I gotta leave now, but I´ll check out your sketchbook again soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi sve, great update as usual. About the digital piece of the girl: Yes, I meant sharper separation of planes, it´s a bit too smooth I guess. Not much, just a bit.
    So, you and fellah, huh?
    Anyway, your last update: Your master study is pretty good, who drew the original? *hides because he does not know*
    Your 2 minute gesture drawings are also very strong, not sure about the 10 minute drawings though. The waist area reads like she´s wearing a corset to me. Take a look at the right leg of the 20 min piece: It´s much longer than her left one. That all being said, your work still amazes me. You are able to breathe life in every stroke, something that is much more important than if a leg is too long or too short, imho. I love the last two pieces, wonderful.

So, merry christmas, keep up the good work. And I want pea soup too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Me again. Thank you, dear artists for coming and looking and being so kind to me, too kind, I really feel like hearing more constructive critique. Want to say how I'm glad to see your art and study it and get to know better you all. Hope the fun will never end and you all will be here, on CA.org and with new exciting work to see.

Hello, Tim , thank you, very much needed information. I do this smudging because I don't have time for anything else. And because I like that greasy black shading from the soft pastel. When I rubbed it a bit it started to look so contrasted, so my heart is singing. From the crits two-three months ago Molly told me that I shouldn't use charcoal as a pencil, so I stopped and started to do that soft kind of shading. I want to find the other way to use it, thanks. I'm just starting to look at toned paper, I might try it, thanks again.

Hey, Haldor , you are so sweet, where are the pictures ? Thank you again, for stopping by, I will try your recipe, it has curious new ingredients. Yes, you were the first one with your soup, now in lounge they are talking about some really explosive stuff to eat, but you were the first .

Hello, Blacky , hehehe, thank you, you are a sweet talker, I'm charmed, very charmed, but still I disagree. The most contributed Member of CA are Oregano or MIKECORRIERO. and some others. They're doing so many great and kind things, sharing so much, keeping this forum so unbelievably wonderful place where I'm so happy.
    I'll be happy to see you in our sketchling group. You have my vote. I would love to see fruit of your imagination and talent in our activities. Really. It would be so great!
    I agree about that color, but still want to try and experiment some with what pastel can do.
    Yep, you are right, if I do everything right, I should get Holland version of our Russian "cholodez", but probably with slightly smoked taste. Hope you are not hungry, reading this.

Hello, Bruce , You are laughing, but I'm always thinking about those rubber legs now, whenever I saw any figure drawing. Very catchy and sticky phrase. OK, good to hear that upper part is not so rubbery anymore. Thank you for sending snow, such a nice tree you have.

Hello, Interceptor , thank you so much, what a nice surprise to hear, really happy to hear, of course, the feeling is total mutual. I love your book very much, especially the new male figure with the half colored face, like Mel Gibson in "Braveheart". Thank you so much, very glad you like some of my drawings.

Hey, tensai , thank you, very glad to see you, what are beautiful fog you drew. I love it so much. Yeah, it's pen ink. I love this effect since my childhood, this why I always prefered drawing with pen. Thank you so much for the link, I will use them a lot.

Hello, bRØk3n_sPiRiT . You know, I read your thoughts in the lounge and I like how you think so much, please write more and more, I really like to read it. I went though your book and i love your approach to art, I want to write my thoughts on it and maybe talk to you, get to know your better, because I really like you already. Thank you so much for this interesting for me comment: combine two opposite things. Teigrob told me her teacher advised her to treat shades as separate shapes with discrete borders. You are adding this other thought to smudge it later a bit. Thanks. I'll try this.

Hey, Sedig . Omg, where are you always going, stop, stay a bit, let's talk about life . Hope to see you and your new work soon, thank your for encouragment, so nice of you.

Hello, GunTrouver . awesome updates from you later, such a tasty treat, especially that drunk womanizer . Thank you for the nice words, always pleasure to see you. Hope to see you soon.

Hey, Rob , buddy, thank you so much. Frankly speaking, i think a lot about this radical change, where is it, damn it, somewhere near me or I will wear out several pair of sneakers in between . hehehehehehe. Hmm . It's OK, though. I kind of enjoy the process. thank you very much for this new advice for me. to outline later in the drawing. You are right, i do it in the beginning and then struggle a lot trying to change wrong stiff form. Thank you, very good information. will use it definitely. How are you, btw? Hope you are all right and let's talk and laugh more. it was great!

Hey, Julien, buddy . So glad to hear from you and that you are in good spirit, as i want to think. Well, at least you rest a lot. What did you talk about you being crappy artist ( your words) in Fellah's thread. That's not true, I love your art, it's very sensual and that's worldly what I told bumskee. He went to your thread himself. Thank you so much for your crits, Unknown territory for me is digital painting and colors. As I know now seeing is one thing and doing it with your own hands is hugely different. So I need guidance. Your English is fine.

Hello, johnny 78, thank you very much. I really love you art, it's beautiful and never boring. Hope to see your again. And no. , wrong guess, I'm very stubborn and not lazy at all. It's the other human flaw, I'm just not organised enough and not relaxed enough in life drawing, so the smudging is my last resort to try to experiment with form when model is still in front of me. Now tell me something about yourself .

Hello, taxman , Don't know what to say, really. I'm OK, but it's kind of dangerous stuff to joke about. Not from my side though, I know there is no such thing. So let's talk about art. Thank you for giving me your thoughts. I guess I'm really run out my viewers patience with my shading. I don't see it myself, so thank you so much, I will try to move myself to new step, hopefully. and thank you for telling me about anatomical flaws in my work too, I'm very grateful. Not sure if I will have a chance to draw with models in new year though. We'll see.

I WANT TO WISH YOU, DEAR FRIENDS, ALL WHO IS READING THIS, HAPPINESS AND ALL THE BEST, WHAT YOU WANT FOR YOURSELVES! MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY NEW YEAR, HANUKA AND ANY GOOD CELEBRATION!!!!

OK, the update is not what I wanted to do, but at least it's something that gives me a good possibility to wish you all great things in new year.

I wanted to draw something poetic, but didn't feel poetic. So just some faces studies, wanted to research national features in children in Christie's class.

Study of trolls anatomy ( from Fellah's artwork, taxman, more for you to analyze, )

and finally, my 7 year old wants to contribute some art too

That's all in 2005, see you in 2006

Last edited by sve; December 25th, 2005 at 02:47 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi sve

what can I say, you can already see the talent within the drawings of your 7 year old

I like the faces, you said you tried to gave them national feautures, and I think you have quite succeeded in that, though I cannot totally place the 4th, otherwise, great drawings, great expression etc, etc

I see that fellah affected you with monsters ghehe, I like him a lot, but maybe he is just a little bit to friendly but what can you expect from somebody who his head is filled with vegetables. Would they be tasty? troll mushrooms

I'll repeat myself again, nice drawings, and ofcourse a merry christmas

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi sve, need to update the title of the thread i didn't know you've updated.
    Really like the new stuff, pretty loose, but i can see you have a really nice flow with the lines, especially in the hair. Sometimes i feel weird working just without understructure but i started to notice that the more i draw with understructure, basic shapes, searching the perspective of the ribcage, arms, the better you can do it without it, it's like your lines flows around the shapes, describing the inner shapes.
    Maybe you could try to do some structure drawings, taking your time, i'm sure you'll learn a lot. Anyways that's my approach.
    Really enjoyed browsing tru your pages, really lovely feeling in those heads. So keep drawing my friend.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, long time since I looked here. Seems like a lot has happened.
    I like you pen portraits, very nice.
    I this might be the cutes thing ever that I've seen on the forum, drawing from a 7 year old

Hugs!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your studies done in pen are really great. i also really enkoy looking at your life drawing studies to. your stuff is really good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe - nice troll, sve!! (we both forgot the other ear )
    Great looking inks! Keep up with that!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, Sveta ! I really said that I was a "cra### artist" ? Those words doesn't fit to what I got in mind ! You probably read that kind of words, like: "each time I finish a pic, I saw all the defaults, blablabla" ! Anyway, let's talk about art ! Your children studies are wonderfull ! I try this once... But kids are always moving-so hard to catch them with a few lines !!! So, I respect yours a lot !!! It's a good idea to "translate" Fellah's stuff with your own style !

@ Christina: "Anatomy is fine, but paid attention at your stance ! Look at your Mother's stuff. Use some ref will be a good thing. I dig your colors a lot ! Keep posting, you rock !" Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Sorry, I can't resist with that "CA cliché". Very cute drawing ! Cheers !
    With all the best !
    J.

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know if it's your scanner or my monitor but, I've noticed that when you ink hair, especially on the female heads the lines seem to smear together creating a black smudge type effect. So, I don't know if it's too thick of lines that you may be using or maybe the lines are clumped too close together. This may be here nor there, so.... But, I like the faces. The faces of kids are so hard for me to get right, so nice job.

The troll look like a copy (which it is!) and I don't see too much of you in there (not the troll, not the troll). But, it is a good illustration, nonetheless.

I like Christie's reindeer the best of the two. It shows a lot of style and character for a seven year old.

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man..talk about progress.. you are doing great with these... i really like the asian looking boy... and the first girl on the right... youhave some nice lines there.. I think maybe you shold try and use less lines when working the hair... use a line for the main points in the hair or when theres an abrupt change in the direction.. let our imagination do fill in the detail.. great work.. keep it going!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hm, what to write here, other than praise? Dunno´, I go for praise (and for the sake of critiques: sometimes, the distance between the eyes in the faces you draw is too wide; doesn´t make them less good though): Your drawings of children are splendid, the third one is my favourite. Love that expression on her face, she seems to be a little cranky, but she´s cute at the same time. You´re pretty good at catching expressions which results in wonderful drawings.
    The troll is very good to, beautiful linework.

Hope to see much more in 2006, a happy new year to you.

Phil (<-- you asked; Maybe I can scan the random orange peels in my room, dunno...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sve Children are the hardest subjects. I've done a few live sketches and I got to say that I think I'll work from ref from now on. The faces look good and capture a lot of the children's innocence in them. well Hope you have a Happy New Years. see you in 06

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey sve lots of nice work here, those figure studies are really nice, u r doing hardwork...great ! and im glad, Christina also started posting here

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lovely sketchbook, very fun to read through.
    Children sketches look great, but I especially like the troll, i think you've captured a key element of Fellah's style in there.
    Your seven year old has some nice work, too. I always enjoy looking at drawings of 3-7 yearolds, their work is completely unrestricted, free. I once gave my friend's 5 yearold access to my tablet and painter, and she did some lovely abstract work in there.
    Anyway, hope you have a great new year!

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Happy New Year Sve!

You've been working hard since I last looked here. I like the life drawing studies alot. You have a very fluid style that works well for drawing the figure.

Your 7 year old's drawings are nice as well. They are very cheerful and happy.

Your doing well, keep it going.

Have faith, these things should never be easy.

www.ianjlee.co.uk

New Artists Seeking Help Come Here - A mutual learning thread for learning the basics of drawing. Everyone's welcome.

The Sketchlings

Vigostar
    Bumskee
    Loomer
    Infinitum
    Sve
    Diego

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh snap! How did I miss this one! You've got a good body of work in here!
    I'm particularily fond of your troll and those lifedrawings. The 1-2 minute poses stood the most out for me... They had the most life in 'em. The longer poses seem to suffer from too heavy outlines. Don't be afraid to make a line that describes the volume, as well as making the outline.

Keep it up!

d-C

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6