Sketchbook: Sve's Book (April 03 2008, Baroque, digitals, life studies) - Page 20
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Sve's Book (April 03 2008, Baroque, digitals, life studies)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sveee, it's time for an updaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate, I know you're still around here, so share the nice coockies you've probably been baking , it's been way to long!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finally decided to gather my images together and post in in one heap...Yeah. I feel a shame... and colored images are so old... yep...
    OK... enough self beating... forward we go, closer to the future updates.

Hi, my dear Bear... I hope you are getting better with every day... Time flied from your last sad letter,,, I really hope you can do anything you want now...
    I don't paint, buddy... it is still a drawing... And look at you... your last Chow was very nice and especially because of colors. Heh... you think dog ishappy? I look at it as half-empty glass though... he is beaten dog... Thanks for stopping by and comment.

Hello, rupeshtalaskar , Thank you and I enjoyed the image in your book with a paved road to temple and two women going away from me ... it is beautiful.

enthombed Thank you so much and I wonder what fantasy books you remember... I wonder what kind of illustrations you saw... It is random I think though that my images reminded it to you... I grew up hard -core realist. I'm just getting accustomed to fantasy world here... now.

Pascallo Hehe,, I update so rarely I don't even remember who a guy in long robe and a girl on the grass are in my last update... Thanks...very kind of you to come again.

Art_Addict Very true... I'm contrast addict... I edge everything... Thanks and you are absolute right... poor viewer... they probably feel like I'm forcing them when thy look at my sharp outlines... I wish I could do something with myself about it... But you know what... I was not always like this... I rendered soft when I was younger... I'm a different person now... it is a fact. Interesting, isn't it?

Hi, Nik... you know, not right away I understood what you were saying to me... because I didn't appreciate what is essential in painting... beauty of fearful precise brush strokes... I'm like this person, you see... who encounters an elephant at first time up close and doesn't see it in all the integrity... but just details, wrinkly skin... bumps, last year scar... I went to your book and site and it is getting clearer for me...You said it very nicely, btw... somewhere in you behind math/'physics enthusiast a poet exists... who appreciates a beautify of words no less than beauty of formula...

Ever time when reading your post I remember the time in history when people seriously debated over differences in science and poetry... Debate of physicists and lyricists...1960th-1970th... You somehow carry both sides inn yourself and their contradiction too..
    Glad you giggled after my flowers... that's happens when I'm trying to scare .

Hey, Brendan... thanks. that's a heap of nice words and even a useful critique... thank you so much... I'm glad my drawing have something that relaxes you... Maybe I'm not aggressive person after all . Little Flora ...hmmm. I didn't think when I was painting this face... I thought about my daughter more... I don't know... maybe there is something in there of mine...

Hi, Gun, buddy... thanks... it is a lot coming from you about colors choice... you have such a unique sense of it... really fine... Totally agree about chaotic paintings and too much grayness... I didn't find key to solve the problem yet... I started traditional painting partly for that... oils... but not ready to show just yet ... to many things to solve. Hope you are doing great! You are great buddy of mine.

Daniel Hello, old buddy . so... you are now under your real name... I saw this tendency in my friends recently ... I kind of regret I didn't go with my full name from beginning... What can I say... some time ago you surprised me in a very pleasant way with your thoughts and the level of your maturity ... you still got it... you... looking for deepnesses. I wonder whom you will become later in life... You know I already asked this question... A lot of great signs you know... you will be a very deep man, I'm saying this without any shade of jokes... you are already... above average... Hope life will be easy for you, dear... who thinks a lot... sleeps worse . But I admire people of this kind .

hey. Andrej... I wonder why you think those colors don't belong there... it is pure harmony of complementary colors, isn't it? Blue/orange... yellow/ violet and green/ red... very straightforward and simple... you might say they are in different temperature range... but with highly saturated colors you have a hard time to define the range... it is extreme.
    hehe, the knight on the horse is from a very old book of illustrations.. I brought it from my last trip to Russia...It is the best thing from my childhood . Thanks for stopping by and great crits. Hope you are doing well.

Hello, dear Chip... You are again went somewhere away from this forum... I miss you... nice to see your new star with cow snout... it has a nice story to remember . well it is nice for me... you proved you are man of your word.

You know... it is already fifth probably comment about me not painting by rules... not seeing common in many different faces and figures... drawing every face like I see it for the first time... I realized all the bad things it brings... It's coming from a chaotic thinking of course, absence of system, laziness to organize... i trained myself to observe for this purpose exactly... to avoid a system...But I wonder... how people calculate when they see interesting, full of originality face...Do they see the cylinder in front of them... when the face has so much personality in it... heavy stuff. isn't it?
    I started to admire beautiful brush strokes recently though... I just utilized them before looking at details... that's something...
    Hope you are well and all your too. How are you, my friend?

lefran Thanks you so very much... you made my shy... my paints being favorite... but thank you so much... and remember... your face was drawn a lot by other artists in the forum... so ignore a person who said you rude remarks... it is not true. I was meaning to say you this.

Jorge Gecov Thank you so much nd I'm glad... I do like it less and less later... I see how people really paint and it is very different from my Calendar entry...

asoir Thanks... kind words and you seems to be compassionate to animals.

mirskov Thank you so much... I wish I could look at them through your eyes.

Beelow Thank you kindly and thank for letting me know few slang words,,, one actually... homie girl...I'm glad it is the first choice . Of course you could talk more and give me a lot of new useful crits... you are wonderful painter... I'm a baby in this... But maybe you will come again .

Hey, Alan... Thank you so much... you should know how much I respect your opinion... you are my teacher in colors and forms you know... you don't know probably .... I'm learning from you...
    I'm thinking a lot about your comment, about an economy of lines I should try... I will and I do it, trying it... interesting and challenging... I like the personality of lines more though . Thanks for stopping by.

B-Man , Don't worry buddy,,, I just like to read and look more than write .

Hai!^^
    Thank you so much... That's very, very kind of you.

brunopicinini Thank you so much . very nice words to hear in my presence . To answer your question... well yeah, I tried... I even drew a robot... I'm still trying... but i have problem to pinpoint where a concept ends and an illustration begins.

Hi, Phil... you know you are not only one who appreciate the liveliness of sketches much more than finished work...
    I hope to see your illustration soon too.. Flora is not me... but I don't see my face clearly... I see it in mirror always with tense unpleasant expression of the face..
    Remembering your words i drew the gruesomest illustration I was capable to do... it was hard for me. but I expected more hardship . people didn't like it much though... lets see if it will make you scared ... oh well... uneasy maybe .

Sepulverture Of course you should crit... it is fun with me... I like it rough . was great reading your thread in lounge... so much changes in such short period of time... amazing.

AlexC
    Yep. I tried to do that that in this update... use the charcoal shading advantages... not many of the drawings are mine own figures... mostly it is studies from an anatomical book... But I did tried to follow your advice... thank you so much for it.

Qxzi . thank you and please crit away.. you'll only make you happier.

bharat Your link doesn't work,,, please post one more link and I will write to you.

Daniel, thanks buddy, I'm posting.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;

Update....
    it is mostly charcoal and very old digitals...
    I did a lot of anatomy studies from a book and hands and feet from life and drew faces of CA people and some from life as well.. There is some digitals from Chow" Soul Collector, trade scene....

Study of Infanta Maria Teresa by Velasquez

Chow 'Supermodel from 60th"
    an entry for TD "Modern Computer witch"

Attached Images Attached Images                                                    
    Last edited by sve; July 14th, 2007 at 01:14 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    'ello Sveta

your updates are pretty rare hehe, but well worth the wait actually.The anatomy sketches look loose and confident, looks like you know what you're doin' for sure

the quick "portrait" skethces are nice too...those eyes are really..."expressive".Guess which one's my favourite
    the last one heheh, brutal angry expression, my fav

i'm not a big fan oif the soul collector...you could have used more ref (in little bits, for light, expressions, anatomy and more) in a subtle way to make the whole picture better.The coat of the satyr (?) creature blends with his skin, and the lil fairy like sad creature has no apparend skeleton, which makes it look a bit too strange.

About the computer witch, is one of my fav digital pics i saw from you.The whole concept and expression is great, as well as the colors.Some areas with a rather rought/unfinished look add a lot to the very personal style of the picture

nice work, hope we won't have to wait so long for the next reply

ciao!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lovely studies and character illustrations, they are awesome. I really love the movement that you seem to capture in many of them. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sveta, darling, these are wonderful! Extremely expressive, confident and loose.

Cute~ Did your daughter model for this piece?

"Nobody" is beautiful. I actually feel a bit sad and sorry for the lil guy. Such an emotive piece. The palette is soft and it looks as though it's done in pastels, but it's digital, right? I love how you use and play with the medium.

I find this little guy fascinating too. Interesting how it contains bits of information here and there, like the odd line detail or suggestion of form through subtle colours, but still makes sense as a whole. Cool stuff.

Portrait: I know the face should be the main focal point, but those hair pieces are exquisite!! Painted like a master...

This + this + this = Badass. Man, I should start studying more, hahaha.

Portraits are lively and stunning as usual. My favourites being these: 1, 2, 3 and 4,.

I'm glad I popped by! Lots of work goin' on, and it's always a pleasure to see your work. Be careful when it comes to proportions though - a lot of the heads/faces in your pieces are a wee bit too big, unless they were meant to be caricatures.

Have fun~!

~~Naomi xxx

Website | Blog | Sketchbook

UK Sketch Group (FaceBook) - Check here for details on upcoming meets!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great, an update!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGnoll
    The anatomy sketches look loose and confident, looks like you know what you're doin' for sure
    That's what I thought. It definitely looks like you know what you were doing, and what youw anted to achieve. Very inspiring.

I like your use of the digital medium as well. A nice break from a lot of the other stuff you see every day on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare
    I think he'll be to Rome
    As is the osprey to the fish, who takes it
    By sovereignty of nature.
    SSG
    Anthis Dizon Angel Intheuk Zou Crane Hai

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Sve!

Great sketchbook, your sketches are absolutely beautiful and your thought process definitely shows in them, they seem ordered, clean of thought and have a very classical feel to them that I feel is timeless.

I feel you aren't as influenced by contemporary work, nor finding your own style and therefore, your work isn't forced, and instead has a breezy light feeling to them that is refreshing.

Anyway, would love to have you back to my thread some time, I miss your beautifully thought out and written comments, they are a pleasure to read!

Cheers, m.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! Sve... way to go...

I think once a long time ago I came and took a look at your SB... but havent been back in a while... Great studies... I wish I could crit to help you out, but it seems that you are very self motivated and heading in the right direction... keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey sve.
    I like the last update. Nice to see you do some anatomy studies I oughta do some too. Tackes a lot of dedication though and good will. So I'm glad you're not short on it.
    Concerning colours, you're right, complentary contrasts like blue and orange are good to compensate each other out and are nice for an effect, but overuse quickly becomes naive and rather anoys the eye. And in cooperation with "difficult" colours like olivegreen, grayishyellow (grays in general) and so on, they work actually better. At first sight some of your coloured pieces look really good and interesting colourwise, but to me, it matters more if one could stand a second look or be like, Oh, I've seen it already. It was al flashy and I don't need a second colourshock right now. Some of your colours are too chemical and poisonois to me. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, I'm aware of it and ask you not to tacke it all too serious. I've had some diskussions with a friend of mine lately who is very radical when arguing so I'm still in this aggressive/ argue mode, well, err , kinda sry again.
    Like your scetches and Soulcollector is my favourite.
    So long.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey,

nice to see some colour! Wanna see more! the "modern computer witch" is good, but have you seen those cats eyes, are they meant to be like that? They looked like their stoned. Nice to see some life drawings and studies, i think i like this one the best, http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1184374664, maybe because its has some character and is quite interesting to look at.

Keep it up!!

Qxzi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is a lot of improvement since the beginning of this sketchbook! I especially like the portraits, they are well done.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Sveta,

your updates are rare but well worth the wait, since I'm not the fastest guy to reply I'm fine with that.

Beautiful anatomy studies, proportions are a lot better than on the first pages. Improvement, there you go!

Two mini crits, feel free to ignore them, I always get nervous when I try to crit people who are so much better than me:

The first one concerns something that was propably just a glitch of yours, ulna and radius don't work the way the sketch in the upper right corner of the arm page shows. I'm not sure if I interpret the other arm sketches correctly also, you may have some misconceptions there.

The second crit is about the way you draw the torso in frontview, maybe you make men a little too much V-, and women a little too much hourglass shaped. This is a trap almost everybody falls into (including me), we're so much under this illusion caused by the shoulders (men) and the fat at the illiac crest and the great trochanter (women), that we transfer it to our conception of the torso itself, which is much more rectangular than most people think.

But enough of unimportant technicalities, the portraits of forum members are stellar and deserve all the praise they get, Noe sticks out but the others are very fine as well. I love the way you handle charcoal, unlike a lot of other people here who go for this 'posturized' look (which can be done beautifully as well, of course).

Not sure if it was intentional, but the soul collectors shoes look like converse chucks, I love weird details like that.

Maria Theresa came out nice as well, you gave her a somewhat dreamy expression, unlike the original where she just looks straight at the viewer. Your version is better, take that Diego!

Btw, which one of your pieces is supposed to make me scared? The computer witch? Hm, almost everything scares me, the witch propably not, but it's a nice illustration. Speaking of fear, I will include your assignement in my next update. This will be hard, but I'll try... *hides under the table*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You know, I think that maybe I don't want improvement as much. as I want to touch my viewer... and I think I'm not good at this... too much of old masters' copying in my earlier years, instead of experimentations.
    I'm not better than you and please don't care that much about criticizing in my book. I'm losing interest to posting because i don't have a real conversation, just walking around the circle, never going to center. Small talks wear me down, Phil.
    Be personal in your post, that all I want. tell what you really think.
    I wanted to scare you with soul collector. didn't not happen, eh?
    It does scare me sometimes, that why it is my fav, rare fav among my drawings and images.

I just looked at those three characters, they are badly done and everything and I know that... But I looked at them, making business in the quietest, the most fearful night, when the baddest deeds happen with none to notice them... In silence of the night the terrible deceit, robbery with no resistance is happening. it will happen and no one will stop. And when it happens the tall black man will take the thin leach and will go somewhere. When there is no middle character standing in between separating the little soul and the disgusting collector... that's scary for me... when those two will go together somewhere, so different from each other, one is lethal for another.

Dear Phil. I am looking very much forward to see your personal story through visuals. don't make it skillful
    make it soulful, if it is your goal too..

Last edited by sve; August 17th, 2007 at 03:25 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah sorry, it was not my intention to make smalltalk, sorry if it came off this way...

If you really want a personal take why the soul collector is not scary to me, here we go:

You drew a figure towering over the poor guy who has to deliver his soul, reminding me a bit of the classical incarnations of fear we know from literature and films like Dracula, Alien and, Pennywise... That is not to say you drew a cliché, I think you did a wonderful illustration pourring your heart and soul into it. I just think your conception of fear is very different from mine. To me, these classic representations of fear have much more to do with power fantasies than with fear, a bit like superheroes in the comics. They are on the wrong side of law and morals, but they are powerfantasies none the less.
    To me, fear has nothing to do with power, it doesn't jump out of the darkness and bites you. It doesn't come smashing through your door and eats you alive, and it doesn't creep at you through the fog. It also doesn't do trades. Fear has no power, and it never comes in the dark.
    Fear is like quicksand, you drown in it. It's when 10 meters away could as well be on the moon. It's in within you, and I'm not sure if there's a sufficient metaphor (as in creature or figure) to impersonate it, that's why the soul collector doesn't scare me. This is, of course, just my personal conception of fear.

I too, think that it is one of your best illustrations. Scary? No, but the expression on the guy forced to do the trade and the little creature representing the soul are wonderfully drawn.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That last post sounded as if you need to take a break for a bit. I should not pass judgment on you and I'm trying not to, but you invest too much of yourself in both your art and in your interaction with people on these forums. If this is how you act here I can only imagine how you are in the real world because of the feedback you provide for people's art and ideas, and this is a good thing... but can lead to a burnout.

A painting, regardless of what you're trying to do with it, will be perceived differently by different people. Usually, when the painting is really clear the emotion the artist is trying to portray is also clear to the viewer but even then sometimes the impact is different. For example: I draw a sexy girl (imo) and people view it and to them it looks borderline pornographic and slutty, this was not my intent, but different people from various backgrounds will simply see it different because of their culture.

Fear is one thing every human can identify with, we're all scared of dealing with the soul collector to a certain degree. It takes a certain degree of insanity to accept death. Until I read your last post I simply dismissed the image you're talking about there. Even now I look at it and I do like it, fear is not what is coming out, it is more disturbing than scary. The two "victims" if that's what they are look at peace with the big grim figure, they're willingly giving their soul/s away - and this is not scary. It raises questions as to why, are they nuts, what happened to them? If you want scary you need to portray more action - their souls being ripped away from them - or write more text to go with the actual scene. You've said earlier you don't like writing but unless you make some sequential art or try to capture the struggle to stay alive you'll not create a fear of death in your images. Or you have to illustrate scenes where the characters are simply doomed and you capture their facial expression well - either way there has to be some sort of struggle or impending unwanted doom.

I am not sure why you sounded the way you did in your last post, hopefully it's just a phase and it will pass away. I think you're working in the right direction in terms of putting emotion in your work, if it isn't producing the results you want try to change it up. If it's really affecting you negatively just take a break for a few days/weeks. Take care.

Niva's Links: Sketchbook | Eternal Seven Website
    Doomsday Dream Clan Artists: Clanlord | Headhunter
    Team CHOW III: Doomsday Dream Clan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you taxman and n1va for these posts, I agree with what you said.
    I just say a little more about fear:
    Imagine that some star very far from us is dead for already a long time, but we still see light from it. Well, I think there is something scary in this too... but there is no great action here, the star becomes Dwarf star soundlessly, in a vacuum. And we are looking not being aware that it is a light from something very dead.

Well, I wanted something of this sort in this picture... everything happens peacefully, on a free will, without understanding consequences. Soul is traded for the little useless knickknack. It's a swindle. Fear and desperation and regrets are coming later.
    I didn't want the tall gruesome guy to be powerful... ugly old shoes, something indefinite under his cape,,, he is a fraud, he doesn't have a real power. But the guy from whom he is taking the soul is even less intelligent, he is easy to swindle. I was just hoping that despite arrogance of both characters I will be able to create a compassion to the poor fool and a worrisome mood.
    I agree another interpretations are possible. Thank you for telling me your impression.
    Thanks again for giving your generous thoughts to me, they are great. I will watch my posts for drama.
    Edit: Phil, your comments about anatomy mistakes are good ones, I need to compare my errors with a real anatomy and I will. Hope you are doing great.

Last edited by sve; August 18th, 2007 at 01:55 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Sveta!

Just stopping in to say hi. Looking forward to seeing some new stuff!

Talk to you soon

Tim

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Sveta,
    Im sorry i havnt dropped in earlier. It's been a while but your mostly forgiving.
    I like your last post but its as gnoll is saying. new posts in your sketchbook are kinda rare. I like your handstudy its lovely such good lignweights and form. I need to drawn hands more, its my biggest problem with the entire human body.
    Hope your well and all that.
    O X
    B

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Out of all the sketchbooks I have had the pleasure looking at and learning from, yours says so much more from the soul. In the beginning it was so much more about anatomy and technique to you and guests but your art itself has never been anything less than perfect. I can say without a doubt your eloquent replies and lovely critiques of the wonderful artists that surround us are just as beautiful as the shapes you put on paper. There is so much feeling and strength inside you. You really take the time to understand and spread that understanding to those around you. It has been a supreme pleasure to take this boring day of work at the office and enjoy not only looking at your beautiful expressions of imagination but also to see you through your writing and maybe understand just a little bit.. My favorites are the calender girl (amazing rendering, dropped my jaw to the floor!) and the lady under water (before anyone changed anything). I hope you never stop spreading joy throughout this vast sea of great minds

Unleash your imagination

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Sve,

Looks like you are still working hard, seeing all of these drawings!! Good job!

I think you could work more on your values, especially in your pencil sketches, they seem to have almost the same overall darkness/light to them. Try using a bit lighter pencil and having mid tones, darks and highlights. But not so hard, right now lots of your pencil sketches you are using the same pencil or charcoal for the whole sketch. Which is fine, but i suggest using a little bit of a lighter one, then go in with that darker one when its needed, in the darkest spots to really define the piece and make it pop. I say take a break on these super quick sketches, sit down and really take your time on the piece, playing with your values, perfecting them. I saw one piece you had in the beginning of your sketchbook, the one with blue pencil, the values were very good. Do it again! I want to see something with a good range of values, don't use that hard dark pencil for this one. Give it a try! Start with your mid tones, then work in your darks only where its needed and erase for your highlights. And maybe even have an extra tone below the mid tone to push it even further. And try not to rush this one either, take your time. It seems a lot of your work is rushed. Keep going though, you are doing great.

~JB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dearest Sve,

It has been a long, long time since I have commented in a sketchbook. For some reason, I lost interest, or just didn't want to . You might find fault in that, but I am okay with my decision. I have, however, never stopped looking at sketchbooks, and I have never stopped drawing.

I was led to this sketchbook today because of something you write in Fellah's book. "Are you the same in your mind as you are in reality? The same voice? The same physique? I'm different. Taller for sure. Taller than than any building, any tree, or any person. I'm Gulliver."

There is true feeling in this statement. You, Sve, are definitely an intriguing person. I think that I would love to meet you. I don't know how much thought you put into this statement, but it reflects something, I think. I sincerely hope that you wouldn't mind if I used it. I fell in love with it.

I think that you really touched on something in one of your recent posts. You said "I'm losing interest in posting because I don't have a real conversation, just walking around the circle, never going to center. Small talk wears me down. Be personal in your post, that all I want. tell what you really think."

In going through this website, I see lots of small talk. Too much small talk. "Great Work!" or "I wish I could draw like you!" These statements might be true, but there is no substance. We are all guilty, I think, of "I wish I could draw like that." How many of us have said that exact thing in MindCandyMan's sketchbook? I know that I have.

It really is too bad to see the lack of personalization. To you, Sve, I say keep up the good work. Keep it personal. Give this website life. Maybe you can start a phenomenon. Go to it, Gulliver.

Thank you.

Sedig

Last edited by Sedig; December 29th, 2007 at 11:51 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man, o man
    nice work in here, i almost started to cry of pure happiness at some pages!
    why doesnt this bloody book have stars?

it smells like total control of material. the charcoals esepcially are amazing...
    it doesnt really look like i can teach u much, but in the last one, the modern witches legs are abit off i think. the upper part should be shorter, they are like 1 meter each now. fix that to make it perfect

Keep feeding my hungry eyes!!

Last edited by ajvenema; December 4th, 2007 at 07:05 AM.

stoph is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    this picture makes me think of our very own fukifino

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice figure drawings. nice progress.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i actually take a look at your whole Progress, you earned my pure Respect for your progress, i fave your Space to remember myself doing mor life-drawings next year.
    your lds shows a great understandment, and i am just @ the beginning of the jouney...
    thank you for inspiring me, i think you need all 5 stars, just because you are one of a Kind and ya work should be a reference for all of us.
    merry x-mas

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dig the faces and the digi is impressive keep it up man maybe smoothin up the pencil work though
    -jedi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    priviet sveta!!
    you've got a really nice SB loved all your studies!! I should do that kind of stuff more lol! thanks for the vote on my chow as well, looking forward to see more!!

BLOG
    CgHub

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ohh, once again, I felt sudden urge to post all I had, mostly old or corrected stuff and a bit of new pictures. I read your comments with attention and every wise suggestion or critique I analyze and try to apply in my future pictures. So thank you so much, for kindnesses and especially for sincere attempts to help me get better.

Gnoll. Ohh, you are so, so right, I post like a hibernating bear. And you post with such an energy, it is a joy to observe your images every time. Time for you to show off your art more, in other sections too IMO.
    I know, buddy, you would like me to try something dark and gruesome... but you know what, I will try, but I noticed that although I like it in art of other people, nevertheless themes and the way they got to realization are not random for me. I guess personality gets in a way. I don't like horror and maybe I have this urge to smooth things out around me unconsciously.
    Thanks for the critique of the Soul Collector. I did this image to please you \.
    Little creature is the middle guy soul, she has no skeleton . I agree about the anatomy and lighting and messy values. Kind of like this image still, thanks for pushing me to try something strange. .

kovah Thank you, those are too nice words. Those words in your avatar, "happy feet" ... Maybe it is about this famous lovely tune, maybe you dancing... I like this mentioning in your avatar.

Naomi Thanks for kindness and always being nice to me. Thanks for comment that heads tend to be too big in my characters. You are absolutely right. I wrote it now in words and it will haunt me from now on hopefully... we'll see. Although at least one image in my update is guilty of it again. Gee, I want to go to London each time you post . Why I had this obsession with everything British?

Hai!^^ ... Thank you, I don't think I know what I'm doing, I just have a pretty trained eye ( decades of careless doodling) and in drawing I'm not afraid to make mistake here, so I make this undeserved impression probably. Painting is the whole other thing... Here I'm walking carefully, watching my back .

Hey, Magic Man ... thank you... yeah. I'm flying in the sky a bit, not sure what I want. Thanks for liking this, how strange that you liked it. I know there is a lyrical side in you, it shows up in your conversation about life... but you prefer not to show it in your art for some reason. Of course it makes it even more desirable to see .I'm sure though it will be someday in your art: little weaknesses of yours, full of their own charm.

Looped_Warrior, Thanks you, but I wish you said anything your eye saw as wrong. I know my pictures need more work, it is just some things are not a first priority for me personally, so I skip them, but it is wrong, they are important for others and I need to be aware of it.

Hello, Andrej, my dear friend... you should be back now from your internship in Hermitage. How was it? it could have gone both ways, all depends on what kind of person to which you were assigned... but I hope you had some art enthusiast and real master of his trade ... so I hope you had a lot of useful experience there. But just to be there ... every day, being able to watch the cultural gems as much as you want and now to have them stored in the back of your head for long memory... What a experience...
    You know I reread your words just now again and you are right... I just finished Repin's memories, and he had some thoughts about Impressionism and how this art motion lost its breath soon... exactly becasue of the nativity, simplicity of their color scheme. I would ask you to not be mad at me though, my LMS piece is very loud and I thought about it and left it be... becasue I can't say it differently. I needed this noise and loudness and surreal motion in the sky.
    Underneath it all, you see. As you said to me I needed to emphasize this all... maybe I should have tried soemthing different.
    Hope to hear from you.

Qxzi Thanks for the comment and critique... yeah, those cats are a bit crazy looking... but I never understood cats, I kind of suspect they in general are not all there, behavior is not adequately . How can they try to bite the same hand which feeds them, tell me this? I guess my animosity to cats showed itself . But thanks anyway. I will watch characters' eyes not to be wobbly, I do them like this, you are right.

andromeda Thank you... gee, such a beautiful word, andromeda...

Vorace , Thanks for the encouragement, but I finally saw light and several people told me to be easy on pencils and differentiate values more ( middle ground is absent in my drawings) So... I guess changes are coming inevitably.

Hello, Phil, It bothers me that after this conversation of ours you disappeared into somewhere and I didn't see you anymore. You promised me an illustration in the last fall, and I was looking forward to see it... but you don';t have to do it if you don't feel like it. I don't wan tot hang on your neck like a rock. I hope you will come back. We have a good friendship.
    I reread your words about fear and back then I read them as an abstract philosophy, now I read it as your personal sadness, patient sadness, short sigh. I hope you are not standing now in this quick sand, not being able to get out. The key is to go to people, hear them out and see your own story from a distance. with a perspective... that and time.
    I wish I knew you personally. I wish you played Paul McCartney's "Yesterday" with your guitar for me and I don't even know what would bring you a comfort...?. You know me better than I know you. Come back, buddy. Good people go away from this site, I take it personally, too sad.. Miss you.

Hey, n1va ... Thanks for those words, again, they were said with compassion to total stranger. I appreciate them. I guess I got upset at myself. I didn't deliver the message... but what you tole me is right, it is out of my control and I can't guess every person experience. I just wanted to experience this for once... sort of telepathy by image . I don't remember I had it. But I saw it in art of other people and it felt good, I wanted it for myself as well . But I really want to use hints and subtlety in my conversation with other people... Thanks again.

Thanks Tim for stopping by and I made some baroque after conversation with you... to improve my values situation . Hope you are well.

Hello, my B-Man.... where do you live now, my buddy? in what country? I remember you wanted to come back, to deepen your art education... how is it going?
    How life in general? In your book you are going deeply into concept art path... and I'm a total simpleton in it... what can I to say to you about it? I believe approach is a bit different there.
    I think you are a great story teller and lyrical, and gentle... and you have a great humor, I hope all this is required in your new field. I miss you.

Hello, **Ethan** ... Ohh, thank you so much, but I really don't deserve those nice words. In no way my poor pictures are perfect, and so my comments. I'm not shamed of my images, but I know they have many flaws. I take your words as a pure kindness and sympathy and thank you for that. What can I say, Calendar girl could use some more work and Underwater picture... her face is especially horrible. I really don't know what to say. I guess you are just very kind to me.

Hey, JustinBeckett... after I read your comments, I said to myself ... I will not dare to update, until I do at least some steps in the direction you wrote to me about. I knew and agree with your words, some other artists have kindly advised me the same things... to work on my values. Oblio was the first, if I'm not wrong, to say me this about my Chow, and then my mentors, dose and stevekim and you... so I enrolled in MindCandyMan class on line and did some Baroques. Thank you for this critique, this is most valuable and you are absolutely right, my hand is too heavy and I need to be more diverse. Hope you are doing great.

Sedig , thank you buddy, I'm kind of ashamed of my words. I do feel like this, but it is a good feeling? I should feel differently i think.If you want those words, take them of course, words are like wild birds, after you allow them to go they are not coming back to you. And nothing I said is original, really. Hope you are feeling great not and have energy to post and participate actively in life around you.

"What good is sitting alone in your room?
    Come hear the music play.
    Life is a Cabaret, old chum,
    Come to the Cabaret."

ajvenema hahahah, you are so funny, can't see anyone crying from happiness in my book. Fun stuff ! there is a very nice, witty. elusive smile in your words, makes me very lighthearted, thanks. . And thanks for the critique, Yep few people comment on this, baggy clothed don't hide wrong anatomy. I want to change this picture someday. But it's the hardest thing to go back to past and change it. I looked at your art in your book, the portrait of the wild man in front of the strong fire is very good, and in general you appreciate liveness in faces and interesting expression, it shows, your faces make me look longer at them, I like some of the gestures as well. You are a bit too risky for the lack of the better words, some discipline would be good in your sketching, I think, some control, you know, to show form and shape in the most economic, precise, fastest to take for viewer way.

Hello, stoph, thanks for the kind sigh of attention,,, I doubt it is him, but most of the portraits in my book are sketches of faces in Lounge photo thread.

MeTaL-Mike. Thank you, progress is always nice, heh . Regress is always bad . Just joking, from happiness .

TheBeast Oh, buddy, what stars, I need someone with a baseball bat. Thank you for kind words and please don't hesitate to say something if it's wrong. Sincere critique is good.

jedininjaman Absolutely agree, I need to stop doing those dark, dark pictures. I'm trying to change it, thank for you words.

Privet, shardana . You deserved it, in Chow I vote for pictures that make me believe this character can exist and it has personality described, even if it is in some way I didn't expect to see.

Update... some pictures are not good at all. but this book is my journal where I put anything art related.

1. First is the image of Flora at war. It is corrected old image, you can find it in my book. I participated in the art class in ImagineFX, my tutor was Natascha Roeoesli, so here is the result. It is different for sure and I learnt so very much from her, she was very knowledgeable and generous. Critique is most welcome of course.

2. Then my fairy tale TD entry. "Magnolia". Digital
    3. My Last man standing entry. "Underneath it all" or another title "Dreamers". Digital.

4. Start sketch to 'Magnolia", just for fun to see transformation of the face.

5,6,7, studies from life and one from ref (hands), digital.

8.9,10 11 Baroque, I did under guidance of a great teacher of mine in his new art class online. Jon (Jonathan Hardesty, MindCandyMan). He is a very attentive and generous and knowledgeable teacher, I recommend him for everyone who likes a good analytical approach and a lot of information.
    The second baroque is done without any measuring and with requirement to make it less in size, but still with keeping proportions and relationships right right. A bit of new method of rendering as well, starting from a little spot and farther of.

------And finally a dark art from my 9 years old daughter, Christie, she wants a bit of fame too. One is "Crocodile Bob" and another one I call "Black Plague".
    Thanks for looking.

Attached Images Attached Images                          

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sve For This Useful Post:

AUG, Izi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sve, great improvement over such short period of time I envy u,kimono is just great.......

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6