Sketchbook: Sve's Book (April 03 2008, Baroque, digitals, life studies) - Page 19
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Envisor is offline 21 year old artist workin' to improve! Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Got some great rendering and sketching skills. Got to say that i love yor colors and digital paintings. Keep up the great work man.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"- Albert Einstein

Eric wants to LEARN! Sketchbook

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice b/w studies, Sve.

You've chosen one of my heros for study: Ilya Repin. He along with his teachers astoundingly beautiful work are some of the best examples of portraiture in the world.
    Am always on the hunt for any of his and Ivan Kromskoi's examples in books or wherever. There is such a wonderful and rich art history in Russia and it's really inspiring to see you take these sensitive works on for copies. Great job.
    Now I will do the same .

Figure's 'n' Stuff SketchBook

Charcoal Paintings

BLOG!

"Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."-Thomas A. Edison

"Convention is craft. Invention is art. In art, knowledge assists invention"-John E. Carlsson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So this Is what you been up to! Nice to finaly be here again.
    I have missed this!
    So how is everything? Doing alright? drawing your ass of?
    Oh I´m gonna keep this short in case, you have forgotten me.
    I dont want to make a fool out of myself.
    Cheers!

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey Sve, nice stuff, your pencils are great i really like to visit your thread and see your style and passion for drawings and paintings.

Keep posting i will be back soon.

Cheers

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maaan, I'm a slacker to update my book... I wonder if I'm in the first ten best slackers in the sketchbook section... I wonder if it is going to be an honoring ceremony for best slackers in the end of the year...

Thank you so much fro writing and giving me your priceless advices and thoughts, I'm in eternal debts for you.

Hey, Lok, all what you said makes perfect sense to me... not immediately i learned to appreciate those qualities you mentioned, but No I think hte same economy of lines and richness of pencil's work, its variety is one new higher level of communication with viewer. I wish it wouldn't happen randomly in my case.
    Thank you so much for kind words and I'm happy for you that your work find well deserved recognition and published for more people to see it. Hope you will be in very high demand.

hello, Juliien, hope you are doing great. all the best to you.

Hello, Bruce, How are you? any new contests where you art is demonstrated. I wish the best for you and thank you for kind words and encouragements.

conceptzaholic10 Really? you are fed up and I would shut up? . That's a shock. Thanks for those interesting bits of information about people in your life drawing class.

Hehe, Glen, and we all know how it all ended up... twice... Well I hope for the best, Chip will show you how to harass women.

Hi, Shyam... OMG so strange to read all guests of my sketchbook talking about New year... I'm so late with an update. Thank you for nice words, if you really like than that's a great achievement for me. You Are Super cool artist.

hehehe, Oma, very funny comment. thanks, that's very kind and totally not deserved by me words... What emotion? I'm an ice cream, snowman. Thaaaanks.

Wow, one of the best art critic in my thread, finally. Thank you Nellie, that's sweet and I'm melting.. Don't hesitate to be harsh, I like it this way . Glen made a chopped meat from me, .

Hey, Glen, thanks and you will find it in Russia, in museums I think, you have to steal it though, but I will help. Saw Mission impossible? we will be like a team... Musics from the movie sounds. All rise.

Hey, Joe, to answer your question they are digitally colored, but on the bottom of digital paint lays my gently loved charcoal. Well, you are very kind... I'm a bit shy to hear all these nice words... Really think it is not me you are talking about... Thanks. I hope you found the life drawing classes. for me it is fun and excitement. It is such a boost for creating art. and tension.

Hello, yeah you are really good looking, so I just told truth to you. Some of the images were from ref, other from my mind.. I do try to follow your advices, Gnoll, I think you are very right about them. The colored images in new update will be almost all from imagination thought, except dos and Eskimos woman, The cow is pretty much fantasy with some help from ref, The pose was taken from ref, the color and the rest is mine only.

Pascallo Thank you, that's nice to hear...come back, come back soon .

Envisor I can never get used to hear those words that something like my dirty marks on paper... Amazing. I still feel like I just discovered drawing. Thaaakkkksss. Hugs.

AztcFireFlower That's very pleasant for me to hear that you like what I like, meaning Repin and Russian art school in general, thank for stopping by, and thanks for havening such a gorgeous sketch book with wonderful figure drawings and portraits.
    Here my favorite link with Russian artists.
    http://www.abcgallery.com/countrind.html

Thank you, my dear B-man. I'm doing OK. You will never be a fool in my eyes.
    Thanks fro coming back.

enthombed
    , thank you so much. and I really happy to hear that you like my book... as I said I need a reality call or something, so strange to hear that.

Update$$$Update$$$Update$$$Update$$$Update$$$Updat e$$$Update$$$Update$$$

OK, here are some of mine: life drawings from 1 min to 20min, it was one month ago I don't remember which one is what time.
    My Td entry Goddess Flora at war, first version of my historical character and WIP of him with new changes, some images

Attached Images Attached Images                                

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Sveta!
    I love this update. The dog really cought my eye and I couldent stop stare. He/she looks so peaceful and comfortable. There is just somthing about animals...
    I could kill someone to get as good on colors and even painting as you. I must study colors like crazy and that buggs me. Drawing has always been fairly easy to me. But colors I just dont get!
    Take care and draw a bear its fun for your hart and soul.
    Cheers!

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey Sve, nice stuff, your pencils are great ,I think you did a pretty good job.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice update Sve. great colors your use in this last update, soemtimes remember some fantastic books ilustration.

Keep posting

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...and there I am back again The girl in the grass and the guy with the long robe are awesome! Very nice, very nice!
    Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some nice work here.
    The first thing I notice when looking for something to crit are your edges.
    Your edge control is weak compared to your other drawing skills.
    Remember to put the sharpest edges where you want to draw the viewer's attention.

www.tomvandewouwer.com

"There is no such thing as 'accurate drawing'. There is beautiful
    drawing, and ugly, and nothing else." JAD Ingres, Ecrits sur l'art
    (1780-1865)"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, edges. Adjacent details are in context to each other, meet, communicate, play in the same world. Some needs to be sharp, others soft. It depends a lot on what light they are in, if they're in focus, center, motion, if they're.. hairy, or whatever.

The paint strokes you do sometimes seems kinda detached from where they are and are supposed to portray, they just happen to be there. Your lines in the studies are simple and you're being economical there, but with the paint strokes there are sometimes too many, too small, lacking context with the form. It generates muddy haphazard textures which doesn't promote the description you want to make. Think like you do with the line-art. Put down the big essentials, then it's surprising how little you have left to do after that.... well, it depends on what kind of detail level you want of course.

Skull flowers made me giggle.

Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Sveta! I completely missed the previous update, have no idea how!

I think you have really improved since I last saw your work though, kudos!

I recognise your face in this one:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1174524548
    Is it intentional or accidental? I've have VERY often seen that people echo their own features - especially faces - in their work, completely subconsciously.

All the painting are great, there is a tranquility and composure to each of them ,even the SelfiesTD one. The figures have this same quality - a great feeling for subtle movement. I think you should however work on the accuracy of your form - they are not yet convincing. But really great work with them.

Always a pleasure seeing your work, it relaxes me somewhat. Thank you for sharing!

ciao!

- d.

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, updates?! I missed your stuff, nice to see you posting again and nice to see you improved
    I realy like the life studies, your lines became more confident and fluid.
    Your Gods at War entry is cool, I like the idea with all the faces and deadheads.
    Little crit: It looks like your digital paintings consist of many strokes and lines, it's not a bad thing to see a kind of texture but try to work more with shapes to get a more fluid feeling. And try the auto color correction in PS, sometimes the colorcompositions are a bit off, a bit too much grey here and there.
    Anyway, I like your work very much and hope to see more, soon.
    Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    updates!!! awesome

Your line studies are as gorgeous as always, with these long fluids line I like your people, the one with the cow for example. It isn't the average Joe with big guns you see alot on this site. They have something realistic to them, you can see by there expression that they have already seen a lot of life. I like that I think it add's a little bit to the stories you see in your pictures. What can I say, I still enjoy your paintings as much as when you started, and they are even getting better!

yours sincerely,

Daniel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey sve,
    sorry I haven't dropped in for quite a while.
    Really like your repin studies
    and this one although I don't know by whom it is but I've seen it somewhere
    I knew you'd lioke that kitten-pic, and you captured it really well, just the tail looks kinda odd.
    Don't remember what contest that was for but I really like it. Although eyes are don't look same direction. (happens kinda often in your drawings as in bottom mask of same picture for example)
    Really am enjoying your improvement colourwise, they look like they wouldn't belong there but fit perfectly, great, way to go. (edit: cast shadow's still missing on't)
    So long

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, Sveta! man, i finally got a chance to get into your SB and post -- it's been hard connecting to some threads lately, your SB and my own being among them.

in the latest batch of figure studies and sketches, i see a lot more fluid lines comprising the images, long, sinuous, nicely controlled without being to regimented. not always the best for anatomical accuaracy but you know i don't hang everything on that quality, they have a life of their own that is quite well-portrayed and enjoyable. i see less modeling of volume and more dependence on contour, not necessarily a bad thing, but it seems to carry over into your latest color work, where there's lots of rich color and strokes but less attention to defining the volumes with tonal variation -- they all seem lit with the same broad and non-directional light source, which can work with some subjects but in others tends to flatten the picture space. i have to say i envy your ability with color harmonies, it really helps unify the elements of each piece. and the draftsmanship is of course your usual high level.

hope i don't get "locked out" by forum probs too often, i really enjoy seeing your work.

Continuity Break -- my sketchbook

Shameless plugs!
    Kata femme -- a 3D model WIP, now updated!
    The Giordano Gambit -- Barsoomian Zingball at its best!
    Valkyrie Ascending -- now updated with the second in a series!
    ArmaRagnaGeddonRock-yer-Yuga! -- celeztial shitz 'n' gigglez
    I . Miss . America -- "colored [eyes] may hypnotize..."

"In the end, Razputin, aren't we all just dogs playing poker?"
    -- Edgar Teglee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey sve! your sketchbook seems to be one that ive neglected ! ive been meaning to drop in for a while and must keep forgetting sorry!

Some beautiful sketches, your paints are my favourites, my favourite being your calender entry, youve got so much character in each piece

Fran

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Sve!

Very nice and interesting stuff here, i love the calendar girl.
    Keep sharing.
    Cheers!

Sketchbook:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=80575

asoir is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, you're back!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1174524685 is incredible, love the solitude and colours...

mirskov is offline the slower you go, the further you get Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great life studies and lots of emotion in your characters' faces. good job

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I spent the last half hour or an hour, I don't know and I did not keep track, reliving your progress from the first page to the last, and I read some things here and there, just to get a hint of understanding of what your about(who you are, sorry thats the hood in me, slang, LOL). But, I see that you have grown and still your are improving with your works. I love your studies, as Prometheus/ANJ said, they are very economic, which I have just learn something from what he has said. But, your doing well, there is really nothing that I can tell you, to step your work up to the next level. I also don't really know where you plan on going with your work. But, I am still mighty impressed with the improvement from a couple years ago, had to reiterate that. Keep it up! XD

And thanx for some of your previous crits that you have given me.XD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the historical character( I like his expression), the one with the cow, and the master copies from from the previous post, especially the satirical one and the one riding the horse. Maybe spend a little more time with them, and try to absorb what they have to offer. Looks like you're keeping busy, the hard work will pay off. Thanks for the post in my book.

"absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and keep what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

Bojee's Monkey Brain
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=29869&page=54

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If this is payback for all the times I disappeared... Its working! I'm miserable I miss U! And I dont think Im the only one.
    So come back soon.
    Hope all is well!

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    'Ello

I came here because of what I have seen you write, but I'm going to stay because of your drawings and paintings. I can't give you much critique, 'cause I'm not done simply admiring your stuff yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare
    I think he'll be to Rome
    As is the osprey to the fish, who takes it
    By sovereignty of nature.
    SSG
    Anthis Dizon Angel Intheuk Zou Crane Hai

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    love your life drawings!!
    one can see progress in each picture!!

have you tried to creat sth more conceptual or are you focusing only in life drawings?

best regards and keep it up

"Dream is not what you see while sleeping ...
    It is the thing which does not let you sleep. "

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Sveta,

please accept my apologies for the long hiatus between posts. I kinda got stuck, frustrated and finally quit (again). My guilty conscience prevents me from visiting this forum in the times I don't draw, but I'm back in the game now.

That being said, you were right about Churchill. You somehow managed to trigger my memories of clichés about Winston, although his, may I say 'roundish' appearance you gave him doesn't neccesarily suggest the greatest sportsman of all times either...

Interesting choice making Goddess Flora a child, or was that in the character description? Pretty amazing what your imagination can come up with, I would have gone for a big breasted supermodel with a flower looking cranky or another dumb cliché. Good colors on that one, and you manged to give a sense of an upcoming tempest, I can almost feel the wind blowing in that piece. Btw, is that you underneath Flora?

I like the unfinished version of the lady in the dress even more than the one you posted in FF (which doesn't mean the one you posted there wasn't good or anything of course), raw stuff is what makes me tick. I sometimes wonder why paintings are made anyway, when sketches look so much better. But that's just the philistine speaking here, don't pay too much attention.

This historical character is great too, you drew a villain, he looks kinda conniving. Sveta has drawn a villain, this makes me happy. I'm still intrigued by the thought of Sve taking a stroll on the dark side, just put on your Darth Vader mask and give in, lol...

Life drawings are superb as always, you manage to give sense of much more than just a physical appearance with a few strokes.

Phil

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work, wish i could crit

Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like these gestures http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1174524503

they seem loose but all the right lines are there, they all seem balanced precariously which I love.
    One crit would be to make the shadows darker, and use the darkness of charcoal to your advantage.
    I like the digital dog pic too, colours are pleasant and easy on the eyes, and the dog seems restful too
    Alex

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, i dont think ive posted in this sb, thats going to change! Your progression from page 1 to page 10 is very impressive. Your figures are also very impressive, i wish i was as good as you with figures .

Hopefully ill give a better crit when you post a bit more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...very fine stuff....good one...,

pls see my link n comment on it

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=bharat+rabari

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6