Sketchbook: Sve's Book (April 03 2008, Baroque, digitals, life studies) - Page 18
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    agrees with tensai

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm in favor of that motion too ... updates !!

Sketchbook :: Blog

Trying is the first step towards failure.

Homer Simpson, The Simpsons

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK, time to report what I was doing all this time. Thank you so much, sweet people, I don't know how I can live without you in my life anymore...

Brendan N Thanks, yeah, I wanted to use Flying as a base for Journey theme in Scandinavian against UK thunderdome in case if I make it into teams, ahaha, well it was too pompous of me... I like how you behave when people crit you, not only for art, very nice personality.

Recursive_End Thanks. Yeah, it is my daughter's portrait, she is little petal of flame... When I read your words. portrait of wives, I smiled a bit, sounds so extraordinary for me. people don't have many wives too often. So Henry the Eight and his wives... immediate understanding what kind of phenomena we are dealing with... Not sure if we should regret or be happyhaving this kind of people in history and life generally. OK. Sorry for this little off-theme.

asoir, thank you, dear. It is really kind words, I need to work hard to make them true . England is dreamy, it could revive dead person. I want to see it again, I want it so bad...

Hi, Bruce... I value your thoughts about these historic personalities, I'm sure you could tell me a lot about them, I'm sure I would listen with open mouth. I wish you went crazy and talked about English Jane and Winston in your comment.
    You should have become expert in art history, I feel this care and love to history in many of your posts. I can see you as professor, book lover, partly living in the past of the last centuries... Thank you so much for attentive post. Why I'm so fond of the past as well? Like present is not good enough...
    As I already mentioned I took a desperate effort to blend with people from England and Scandinavia in the thunderdome thread. And I enjoyed the most how their culture, their history and their difference peeked through in their posts and comments. It tasted so good on lips... .
    Thread for Christie? it will still be my edition, not her. is it fair?

Hi, Julien . Hope you are doing as best as possible, I thought about our last dispute. I understand your point, but, sweety, some of the paintings by Jackson Pollack took him few years to stop working on them, not months, years... What random possible could be left in them? They are as much well thought out as thorough rendering... Thanks for always being a friend. Textures on the Queen's dress are handmade and covered with some Min's textures brushes to create randomness. I need to finish it and I agree about BG, I will change it, of course...Thanks from Christie, you are kind..

Hello, Matt You and your posts are so much fun on this forum, I enjoy reading you, my fav is your rant about a flight to Mars and back after seeing Cody's artwork. Awesome description.

miguelslo Thanks . Don't know what to say...you are sweet.

gaijin, Elegancy , eheheh. thank you, I really need to work more to be a match to your words. Kiss from softened heart.

Sartell Thank you so much, I will do more digital. I need it badly, nee to learn this free painting... I thing it is huge creative release in doing it...

Mike I loved your entry in the LMS the most, and I know it is dangerous to fall in being not objective being friends with you and feeling grateful for the friendship, but still. I checked it with myself, the entry radiates happiness, and feeling is much more open and contagious than from the other entries. Communication was very bright.
    Thank you again for kind words and for opening new page of history for me. I read a lot about Gibson and this strange time in American history. And guess what, a very strange coincidence. Features of the girl in my Calendar entry which I took from a black and white old photo of the beautiful girl smiling from a past... well the girl was the Gibson's model. He took her features for the "Eternal Question" drawing. Her name was Evelyn Nesbit. She had a brilliant and tragic life. I didn't know anything about it when I liked her smile from the old photo. I'm now deep in the past from old photos and stories on Internet. reading... Thanks to you.

Magic Man Thank you so much. I love when you lyrical in your art the most, it is so wonderful when you are...

JERI Thanks, buddy, I agree, he looks more like a chanson singer between tables in some popular in 20th year of last century cafe.

dhilipsomesh Thank you so much, that's nice to hear...

oma , thanks, yeah charcoal is jummy. for us perverts .

bradley , Hope you overcame your false feeling of you being average or something, it is so wrong. I loved your fine feeling of color transition in your paintings, so refined.
    England is inspiring in very many things. I felt to happy, nothing could have changed my happy walking English streets, well almost nothing...
    Most of all individualism in buildings, faces, manners, food, landscapes. plants, old chestnut trees along the river, transport, manner to eat a very generous breakfast in the morning in hotel where I stood, feeling of self-esteem without showing off (although there is some showing off in London, politics requirements) in very many things. A lot of character in the land, still a lot and many more left for future generations, despite everything...In my opinion. Maybe it is superficial.

TheGnoll Thank you, sweety. I will be anything you want me to be, although aunt feels mentory, I don't see myself like this. Who am I to teach, I need to learn... I feel like you said myself, I want more emotion to find its way to drawing, but I just don't think dramatic poses and easy to read expression of the faces will do the trick. I search for deepness and subtleness (not in this update though ). Cuteness, hahaaha. I'm fighting it, dear, it is hard. I expect your harsh words anxiously with this new portion of my cheesiness.

Sith, thank you, hot stuff, your master studies are much more refined, no comparison, But thanks. I'm flattered.

Hi, Andrej. Wonderful comment. I'm planning to work more on the digital Jane, and yeah. I will change all you noticed. Drapery, BG, thumb. Thank you so much, you eyes are so attentive, I really appreciate it. I hope you are doing great. I need to write to you, I want to. Just wanted to draw more, you see.

ChrisMayernik Thanks, although I already wrote back to you right after you comment. still, sve means absolutely nothing, and it is nonsense. heheheh.

Simon thanks, buddy. Hope you are doing as great as possible, I'm rooting for you always.

Daniel, heheh, you always make me smile. I love this manner of yours to radiate humor without any efforts. Thanks.

Perre. Roawr back at you and sudden impressive hug, still hoping to become a master in it, aren't you? . Hi, buddy, no, no, no, please never hold back these funny ideas which come to your head whenever you see something funny, I smiled too when I read your interpretation of sensible Jane face, very nice, suits her personality of accurate little woman perfectly. she was methodical in her life . So, you know I take it as a compliment, which unfortunately mostly belongs to the real creator, Hans Holbein. . Good observations and yeah, i will do needed changes , I didn't finish it yet.
    Good guys always heading to the right? Hmm? care to explain this nonsense? What if it's left turn? . hehe.
    Interesting tidbits of information from your art teacher, please tell me always these things, OK?
    I will do the same, anything useful. Which reminds me I need to criticize skulls you drew and posted in the last update. You will lose some pounds after my crits .

Tiffany, thanks for nice words, don't forget I alwasy enjoy whe you say some interesting generalisation about drawing or painting technigue, I'm always happy whe you do that . And we need to discuss your parents, remember?

Simon . Post your traditional work, Simon, please... Art shouldn't be divided, I think. I love your traditional work.

Lok, hello, , you are too nice, treating me too gently, I wish you tell me all my bad sides, I know you see them. But thanks for telling me about stiffness of the Jane, I will try to dissolved her in BG more , maybe she will get new features.
    I want to write more about your illustration work I loved so much and already started several times, but I don't know why, I always end up staring into space and meditating in your book, forgetting about everything... My thoughts swim somewhere and I can't find ends or beginnings of them. It happened probably 5 times already. I think I need to look what is it happening with me in your book. Probably your lines doing this. Thanks from Christie, she is happy getting all these signs of attention form artists.

MadCat Thank you you made my eyebrows jump twice from you observations. Need to look at your art. I'm sure you see yourself wrong.

Johann, beautiful lukavi... hope you will finally find your road... hope you will take good care of your talent. I love you, write to me when you need help anytime. I love when you are anywhere near me....

Shyam. Hello, super talented artist. Hope you are doing great. Thank you so much for kindness and for wonderful paintings I saved in your book, some even presents for me. I am honored, they are beautiful, magic grasses, inspired artist with a rainbow and Mother Earth standing in front of my eyes right now.

Spats Thank you, hearing this about my environments, which I think I have 2 in total is amazing for me.

Shane Really? Thanks ahahaha, I'm happy to hear that . It was kind of therapy for tired nerves . Hope you are doing super happy, you looked happy in your last photo in the toy store. New good offers will come to you, don't worry... Good things always coming to the ones who can wait .

Phil, my friend, I now can't imagine you without guitar and I don't know your face . do something about it, please, it is an obsession, like it always is with me. Give me some new direction in thoughts, please.
    I wrote to you right after your comment, if you want to read my fresh reaction after I read your comment. I still think the same. Exciting honesty. Churchill was a great sportsman though .

Joel. thanks, I'm happy you liked the photos. I was hoping you will . I did it with my friends in mind.

Andrej, ehehe, from Spain... teaser...

Listing I'm afraid, I lost my mind and did all my mistakes again. . Thank you for telling me about them, awesome critique.

tensai3tensai Knockout!!!!!. Never saw anything like this. Very impressive. I think your employer don't drain your enough . You have something stack under somewhere .

Daniel Thank you so much, I need some kicking and beating.

OldNoobie Thank you, I had no idea you are... Your SP from November the first was one of my favorite, great volume and life in it.

Teigrob Wow, Lovely Teigrob went by... Didn't tell her gorgeous crits though, sigh.... Hope you are doing great. I love your recent animation, awesome...

Yeah, now the artsy part. It will be disappointing.. you are part of it, why you kicked me, now I'm posting...

OK... Some recent charcoals from Internet faces, My SP from a mirror, digital, I'm usually not that evil looking though (One guy thought I'm a man after looking at the portrait, funny), the portrait has major flaws, don't be shy to tell me about them if you have time. I did want to keep spontaneity of the moment a bit though... So I am aware about flaws, but they are kind of part of the portrait, still want to hear about them...

then my Calendar girl, then my first COW, Peaceful Pinkish Tree Hugger, then some sketches of animals, then some cartoon of how I see happiness, then a little animal with blood everywhere...

The last one is Christina's abstract artwork called "Colorstorm by Christina" by author...

Attached Images Attached Images                                
    Last edited by sve; November 16th, 2006 at 11:00 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    number 2 and 4, the calendar entry and the bloody creature)first one) are my favs (guess the last one was quite an obvious choice for me)...lol, cheesy update indeed, but guess you can't help it ...it's ok, personal enought...

update more often

ciao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was beginning to wonder when we'd ever see some new work! Very nice collection of pieces Sveta, and I'm really enjoying the variety. Your calendar girl entry was gorgeous. One of the few naturalistic pieces in the show. The glow along the bottom of her thigh is a real treat. The illustration of the animals from above is one of my favorites here..... though i'm having a hard time deciding what animal they are.... aligator wearing fur? Possums? Either way, the playfulness of the piece really makes me smile. I like the style of the design and the vibrant color choices. Looking at these two digital works, I'd say your other digital pieces shown here could use similar treatment in terms of color saturation. The COW piece, for example, is a bit too loud in the background color, and distracts from the creature itself. It looks like a nighttime setting, so I'd add a lot more blue-violets, greys, to tone it down, like you did in the foreground.
    The second sketch of the man reminds me of a Dutch master sketch... no, I'm not trying to flatter you. The intense light and darks, the hatchy scribbling that eventually tightens and focuses around the face (Rembrant), and the expression of the face leads me to this thought. I think your first SP was headed in this direction, but maybe you wanted to focus more on keeping the portrait loose overall. The eyes in your second SP, though too large proportionally, seems appropriate to me, because you are very observant. Those eyes reflect someone who is always searching.
    Christina's abstract is better than any abstract I've ever attempted, and I'm not kidding. My mind simply won't allow me to do it and I end up creating representational shapes. So bravo to Christina!

So I'm glad to see you posting again Sveta, and I hope it's not another three or more months before we see you post yet again!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by sve
    Brendan N Thanks, yeah, I wanted to use Flying as a base for Journey theme in Scandinavian against UK thunderdome in case if I make it into teams, ahaha, well it was too pompous of me... I like how you behave when people crit you, not only for art, very nice personality.
    Wow, that's quite a compliment, thank you! In return I must tell you - you probably have the warmest kindest personality on the site. There are many things people here can learn from you, both art wise and attitude wise. hope that doesn't sound too soppy haha.

Th updates are great, there is an intangible quality to each of them. My favourites are the two "Bloody" drawings - really like their overall compositions, as well as their style. I also like the first one, their is real emotion in it and it pours out of the paper.
    These are really fresh considering most of the site is filled with whip-stitched zombies, superfast samurai, kneeknocking knights and vampirewitchicalindians. I like that you are placing emphasis on the personalities of your subjects rather than their accessories and gimmicks!
    Christina's abstract is way big fun and well done. It looks playful and happy, very fresh after studying the somber serious modernist stuff this semester.

And that ends my rant! haha
    Than you for the kind words again, and for sharing these awesome images!

ciao!

- d.

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OldNoobie Thank you, I had no idea you are... Your SP from November the First was one of my favorite, great volume and life in it.
    you have no idea I am..??? hmmm ... a moron?

glad you finally updated, beautiful stuff I still think this one looks cute

Sketchbook :: Blog

Trying is the first step towards failure.

Homer Simpson, The Simpsons

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WOW, the cats. are fantastice, saved !!!
    wtf, great update.

emotion's are hard to draw !!! have to practice them to!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hi sve !
    i'm going to try to pay you back with some thoughts and "helmet"hugs

first SP is great, it feels like it's more of "you" in it than surface silimilarities as your face is way more beautifull. I love the halo like strokes around the head, strong lines... almost like that they are your feelings, strong and bold but you can't really reach them yet.

Old man is great! very nice areas of light and darks! good thing that you stopped drawing on it, i can see that you've tried to repare parts

Little girl is creeoy, i get alot of wierd feelings watching it.. the colar thing and the face on her left (our right) arm...botherd face... very good drawing, nice and clean and some really tight areas like the left arm (her right)..very good!

girl on sofa, wow...very good!! good guidance and volume throughout the picture, one of my favourites...good!

very nice SP sveta, but why the troubled eyes ? but compared to the first one you seem to feel much better! you're getting so much better! very nice!

aaah, calendar-entry!! i love the face and expression. feels very true and genuine. I love the butterflies and the flower...wonderfull body and use of colors... somehow it makes me think of you a couple of years younger on a summersfield somewhere nice in russia i love the cloth thing that turns into liquid colors...very nice! Could be interpreted as she is seducing the viewer with her imagination, showing only parts she wants to show....a very warm and lovely picture...mature playfullness if you may.

cute dragon and his only appletree? very nice and silly!... looks like he's been hording the apples, you can see hints of them in the background...piled up.
    i love the expression on the face

animal sketches are great!

the sofa pictures are great !! you got it all there, food, books, coffee... looks damn cozy and totally understandable that you spend the whole day there!

the crocodile/hippo/rat/sheep are great, looks like it's tileable, is it ? wonderfull, i love this one!! i cold easely have it as bedcover and i would get lost in the patterns and dream off jumping on their backs and feed them fish...

that furry animal with blood is GOOD !!! what a face !! is it from a excisting animal or is it a imaginative? very nice!! going to try to remember it

last one is great, is it one of your kids drawing? very nice and playfull!

I hope all is good with you sveta! i like your pesonality ( the part of you that you've shown on the forums anyways) and i truly hope that you get what you want in life! if not send em to me and i'll straighten them out

cheers sveta and much love to you!

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJ÷RN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey svetta, dudetta, anquetta, monetta, raketta!!!

Great variety on your latest update. Sry for mobbing you updating he, he...

Like the first ones a lot, great facial expression that tells a lot. that's where you made viewer concentrate on. great. Although I have to say that starting from second one on till 4th you're eather hiding or not actually drawing hands propperly. Allthough they have great potential for character and expression. Love the way you did em on your calender entry though. The whole picture's pure delight. Skinncolours have gotten way better and I'm amazed each time how well you manage hair. But you would have to set priorities on that one, do you want to put a stress on the face and bodyflow or on colourfountain to her side?. the things around her look wonderfull but are dstrakting/ demand for a main figure that would pop out more, colourwise. I like for example how you've added orange/red on some spots on her skinn. Consequently you could use areas of bluishgreen /yellow at some other parts instead of darkening shadow areas or brightening up light areas.
    Nice volumes on previous scetches.
    Good to see you do a s.portrait specially sth. from life. I don't think it would look like sime guy. actually according to pictures I've seen of you, similarity seems to be captured quite well. Expect for the slightly too bushy eyebrows. I hate it when you come up with a rather decent sp and somebody goes like: "That's not supposed to be you, is it?"
    Like the treehug CHOW. Although the solution to the task could have been tacken further. Before starting a CHOW I would think of what the other contestants might come up with. Then I'd try to distant myself from that as much as possible without abandoning topic. So your solution doesn't kinda blow the viewer away through it's originality, but I love expression of face and colours. You also kept it simple and easy to read. The action of actually Hugging (with sheer blind love and all) the tree vise versa is not as visible.
    Animal studies are great. very clean and clear/ vivid.
    Your way of happiness is very easy to identify with for me. Love it. Second version even more so.(Although deep blue for example instead of pure black might have been better.)
    Cool one Mosquitos annoying croco/opposums huh? nice. reminds me of esher a bit although I'd expext the mosquitos to morph into croc/ops and back again in that case.
    The pre last ones are fantastik very effectiffe and minimalistic. Leaves much freedom for imagination and still quite eloquent too, expect for brownish hatches at right bottom.
    Christina's abstrakt picture is excellent, or actually would be excellent if she knew/ somebody had told her when to stop. Right now it's packed and clustered. Shes very bold though.
    Hope everythings's swell
    so long......

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like your digital self portait a lot. I saw it in the 'SP Day' thread, but it that wasn't the best place to express my thoughts.
    It has tons of life in it, I almost expect it to start moving if I don't keep my eye on it.
    I am very interested in digital inkwork so I find your technique to be fascinating. You managed to give the rendering on the face an almost pencil like quality. I'd love to know how you did that. The combination of bold ink strokes and subtly pencil like strokes gives it vitality and delicacy at the same time. Excellent job. It's one my favorites from the SP Day thread.
    Later
    Q-C

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ha, ha, expert in art history? Professor? You give me waaaaay too much credit, Sveta. Although I enjoy talking and debating all of this (not enough people in my neck of the woods to do this with), I don't know if I have the patience to be a teacher. Plus, I need to be a better artist, yuck, yuck.

I know that you don't like the term "asspat," and it is a bit creepy saying this to the female artists around here (could get an e-slap), but right now it's all i can think of giving after seeing this long awaited post.

The charcoal faces are great and I really like the first and fourth ones the best. The first one is very effective with its simple outer lines and the tighter details in the face. The fourth is very nice, but her right arm doesn't seem correct. I think that her shoulder should be up a little higher and the lower part of her arm looks a bit awkward. I like the sp for the same reasons as the first charcoal drawing. The hair and fingers in your calender entry are awesome (when does that go on sale?). Someone could get lost in there. Fun animal sketches; the horse at the very bottom left of the first set really grabs me for some reason. And that varmint with the blood all over is another one that i find interesting, maybe it's the color useage and lack of in the rest of picture.

Do I see a face with a big schnozz in Christies abstract piece? Well done and energetic.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you inspire people to talk, and talk and talk, and your art inspires people to think and reflect. You have an amazing quality where everyone you touch becomes aware of something they wouldn't normally be exposed to.. I can't name it, but I love it, and I'm glad that you are here to help the rest of us to see it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,437 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Sve!

I see lots of hard work going on here. :-) Forgive me, I donít have the patience to read through what has been written over the many pages here, so I donít know if you have talked about what your goals are with your sketchbook. I will assume for the moment that your goal is improvement at what you are already doing, since I donít know what your larger goals are.

Good work with the life drawings! I notice you were using colored chalk on some of them. For better results with colored chalk, try working on a mid-toned paper. Then you can draw the highlights, rather than struggling to draw everything but the highlights. Same thing with digital mediums if you arenít working in black and white Ė thereís no need to struggle against a white background.

I really like where youíve been going with the b/w ink drawings. (Some of them are digital, I assume?) You are developing a very elegant style with your lines. The top one here is particularly good. You seem to be having more trouble with young and female faces, which is understandable, because there are less interesting wrinkles and bumps there to draw. You might want to focus on those for a while, and see if you canít use that same elegance with the pen to capture beauty and youth.

Have you experimented with combining this pen style with color? Try sketching in some color into some of your existing drawings.

Beware ďinternet referenceĒ. Itís too easy to copy photos and not learn anything of substance from the experience. You could try this for your people studies: find a photo of a person who interests you. Draw that person as if they are a character you invented, in several different poses, and from different angles. That will force you to think in 3D, which is something major that gets easily left out when working from photos.

Looking at this post, judging by the way your drawing ends abruptly, Iím wondering if you are using an overlay of the original painting as a guide? If so, thatís not an exercise that I recommend that you repeat, because it doesnít let you make any mistakes with proportion. Or, if what you are doing is starting at one part of the page and drawing outward from there, thatís a dangerous method of working, because if you mess up the proportions somewhere, there is no way to fix it without redoing lots of work. A much safer approach is to cover the whole canvas with big brush strokes first, then work down in brush size, keeping the whole of the painting at the same state at the same time.

Self-portraits are like vegetables: very good for you! Try doing a few more, and watch how quickly you improve.

Are those your daughterís drawings you have included? Thatís sweet. :-)

Keep up the good work!

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well that last batch was a pretty good dump. I really love your pencil sketches:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1163712481

That's my favorite from the recent ones. I also like the one with the girl on the couch and the lamp - it was quick but the pose is great. Also what's up with that lemur gnawing its leg off?

Niva's Links: Sketchbook | Eternal Seven Website
    Doomsday Dream Clan Artists: Clanlord | Headhunter
    Team CHOW III: Doomsday Dream Clan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Sve, you have a lovely book here, keep posting please, you are totally improving too. Your master studies are great!

Im going to keep my eye on you.

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, this is update totally devoted to a search for a character I want to draw...
    I chose Russian Moscow prince Ivan Kalita...

He was not a hero, although he did participate in some war actions of 12th century... He was more like a financial genius so to speak.

Russia was very much divided and under Golden Horde. He was able to obtain trust of the khan Ozbek and had a luck to collect taxes for the khan from the whole country.
    He stole some for himself, got rich fast and then started to suffocate other Russian cities by financial loans. Was sort of a loan shark. In the end he collected Russians in one powerful state and prepared it to become independent from Tatars/Mongols.
    So smart street, sly, cruel ( medieval, what you expect , farsighted, expert of human weakness...

Replies:

Thank you so much for wonderful comments and critiques, some were quite an eye opening experience for me. Can't say enough how great to have your eyes to look and share your thought with me. I'm very grateful.

TheGnoll Thank you, buddy. I'm trying to please you so bad, so very bad. ahahaha. That's why cheesiness is on a dangerously high level .
    Here you see, I chose some half evil guy to draw, although I would prefer to draw some woman (they are much more fun). I'm swimming against currents, so help me God .

Mike Dutton, hi, buddy... hmmm. you are a future judge of the whole thing... well my talented opponent offered me to share the process and I think it is a good idea. I'm hoping to learn a lot in process...
    Your advice about not to overuse saturated colors is wonderful and you see, I didn't notice I am already abusing it and I am, really am. Thank you so much, I agree. The tree hugger you mentioned was supposed to be lighted up by headlights of passing by cars, but if my image didn't remind you this, it is of course my fault. I should have tried to find other way to tell this.

The furry alligators, ehehe well, it is Element Ferrum. the alligators are atoms, and flees are their free electrons which atoms share and they behave like a river, electric current...
    Thank you again for all the generous observations, I love reading you in any comments you write.

Jens, You know, in my opinion, your critiques are one of the best on the forum... If every you are in my book and have something to say and have time, please write in any form anything... You only will make me happier. Thanks for stopping by and for kindness.

Brendan N, thank you so much, that's indeed too kind words, not sure I am really what you think I am... But I will try to be somethings similar. I'm OK with monsters and dragons and everything actually, almost. behind the drawing is a person, and that's a bonus. and reward when looking at image... It is just manner to talk, different for everyone, hopefully.

OldNoobie, Ohhh, that's a sly turn. you made me feel bad. No, never. I think you are very interesting draftsman, who enjoys variety and likes to draw women faces... I just didn't think you would like to see my drawings, that's all. Thank you so much, very kind... Cute, eh? oh my. it was supposed to be evilly horrible.

oma Thanks, . it is not cats probably, more like ermine, sort of... I think proportions are hard. Emotions are fun.

Ahhh, Hurri... I'm shaking my head... I don't know what to say... I just don't know what to say... You are probably the best guy in the whole world. Your soul is beautiful. All this comment, it is pure kindness, and giving, and sharing richness of your heart with half stranger and I wish I could give you back with pure luck for you in your every step in life. I wish I could be positive force in your life... Something influential and powerful, something that change things. But I'm not.

Man, so much beauty and loveliness in those imagination flights you allowed me to read, jumping on the backs of my silly crocodiles and feeding them fish, to those terrible carnivals, my boyish friend. I should have had you as my playmate in my childhood, that would have been a great experience to grow near you. You are an usual person. Your name, hurricane, a great choice, fits you so truthfully.
    Crocodiles are not tiled.
    The girl is not exactly me. it is just some model of the 19th century with a strange life story... Her face just grabbed my attention, because she smiled openly, not being afraid of anything, despite she had a lot to be afraid of. She looked like a person who can see beauty in life in any circumstances and is willing to get under its influence totally, without any second thoughts. Open person, delightful.

Thank you so much for writing to me. read it and felt dizzy. so great. always.

Andrej, . such a cool comment, I enjoyed do much. a lot of information to consider...Yeah, I need to try this. creating a volume by other color, not just vales of the same skin tone... Totally agree and overall You are telling me truth, I think the same. Except in Chow or Cow I always prefer to look at image and see and say: Here it is, the most perfect character according to description... and for me it is doesn't matter if there is BG, or originality or effects... I just want to close my eyes and say, it is it, no one can mistake it for anything else.
    Thanks for reminding me not to hide hands, ehehe, sometimes I forget and hide them ahahahahah. My bad . Thank you again, awesome to hear from you.

Q-Caddlewick Thank you, ohhh, it is such a great thing to hear... thank you so much... if it is so, it would be my ultimate happiness, to catch life for its tail... To mimic it in some way, still deficient, but at least somehow close. The way to draw digitally, hmmm. I think it is not exactly look like pencils, lines are always the same in wideness and pressure. and that's probably the solution to make it similar to traditional drawing.
    I would suggest to try to make lines different, slightly thinner, or weaker, or stronger sometimes.
    Like in case with pencils, when you feel heavy in your heart you press your pencil harder and it leaves dark, heavy lines. when you in a hurry, you lines are like your nerve, curvy and wavy. so try to vary your lines characteristics, consciously, make noise and dots and breaking ends too... make lines on its way not monotone and different in thickness inside it so to speak.

Bruce, I miss talking with you... Yeah , you would be great art professor, I think you were supposed to be one and an artist too of course... I tis just so much care in your comments to history and art, whenever you write. or talk. And Yeah, you should have got out of your state... Yeah, I know, friends and family, still.
    You are wonderful artist, don't let yourself to think otherwise. I respect that you go your own way, no one like you on this site.
    Calendar is already printed, 18th Dec should be in San Francesco, ready to sell. I read it will be 20 bucks.
    Thank you so much. I think hands and hair could be better in this image. I agree about the forth picture, very many detail, but still obvious that the anatomy is wrong.
    Christie abstract is called color storm. I don't think she put any face in there .

Mr.Blonde Hello, thank you so much, very kind.

Seedling. Michelle? thank you so much for being so kind and respond to my request with a wonderful, thoughtful comments, they advice to get tones paper and draw digitally on colored BG is very much needed, thanks.
    Advice about trying to roll the character and draw him form different anglers is great, pretty hear one, but sure i will try somethings like this.. it will by quite an task though...

No, I don't use the overlay, over paintings and tracing. I'm very impatient, It was easier for me to do it myself then follow somebodies path... I do tend to get involve with small details earlier on in drawing process, that's true... this master study was almost year ago though, I'm trying to be more disciplined now.

Thank you so much, great comments and wonderful article int eh Girls' forum.You should post it in Lounge.

n1va Thank you, that's very nice of you to say... lemur is smarter than that though, it eats someone else's meat.

JustinBecket, I'm happy to hear that, thank you so much...

update...update...update...update...update...updat e...update...update...update...update...

OK, searching for my character. Here are different sketches and studies from old masters, Repin, Velasques and others, some face, poses and thumbnails...
    Last one of from one of my favorite illustration from Russian book... satirical style, i like it.

Attached Images Attached Images                                                            
    Last edited by sve; December 18th, 2006 at 11:42 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ohh - lots of new stuff here. very divers, too. what was most striking to me is the difference between these two from your last post:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1166415085

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1166415103

both are good and you did a lot of work like these. the first one is more rare though and has, for me, that little bit of extra that makes it an absolute keeper. i like how it is more suggestive but in a way that is absolutely clear. with the head like that, the hands are absolutely beautiful. a couple of quick almost careless lines. the second one needs more for the hands but isnt necessarily better. i also like how in the first you do the loose marks around his torso (the rough stuff) with more wide strokes. i always like a combination of strokewidths - in ink or pencil/charcoal - and here if you compare it with the second one you see how nice it is. i hope that makes sense (i'm not sure i'm folowing it myself)...

from the other stuff i think these
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1163712461

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1163712471
    and your sp really stood out. you were looking for crits but i'm not sure if there are any... its totally you. a woman with the eyes of a child. a bit mischievous/wild when you look longer.

thanks so much for our talk about the assignment i was doing. it has helped me enormously and gave me back my focus of what was the strength in them and what not.

happy holidays sve, and talk to you soon.

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

bLok

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Glad to see such a strong bunch of pictures.
    Joyeux Noël, buddy !
    Julien.

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A little different approach this time, eh? It's good that you are searching among all of these characters and expressions. What you are getting very good at is the quick and confident lines that capture the posture and expression very simply. I like how loose the lines are and still have that ability. It's a hard thing to do.

Hope your Christmas went well and here's to a great New Year.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man you have some great stuff, here, the life drawings look good, im sick of life drawing classes but damn if you were going my school here you would totally shut up some of the people who think theyre all that =P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, I'm late in the game. Dedicated to me huh? Maybe I should throw in the towel now on this tdome. I fall off the earth for a few weeks and when I finally get back on it again I see this. Man, I'm in trouble... big trouble. Beautiful pencils, Svetlana. Very beautiful.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    GREAT UPDATES Sveta !! Really supercool
    I liked those character studies too..its a shame that i didnt find time to finish that challenge
    anyways..I really wanted to say more... but, its 4.30 am .i should sleep now..

p.s. I'm glad u remember my artworks..and thanx for calling me supertalented *blush*

A very happy new year to you and your beloved ones

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    okay, overwhelming update. can you give us more like these ?

okay, you said to me, proportion's are hard. well you are right, but the proportions can be learned. by practice practice and more practice. but to give the right emotion to a char... you have to do some right proportion combined with the right emotion in the right composition. ore else there is no good emotional feel into it. in my opinion. i mean, a drawing without emotion is an drawing, but a emotion without a drawing is.....

hmm okay, iam talking a lot of shite now. don't mind that.
    just update more often .

chaosrocks is offline Environment of the Week Leader Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so much character. I love your lines and the way you can use so little to describe so much. for some reason...esp. this onehttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64608&stc=1&d=11664153 58

there is so much tenderness in here

keep drawing girl..you got MrOstrander on the run
    chaos

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay Chaos, we all love sve, but c'mon now, who's team are you on??
    Sheesh. Have a little faith in Mr. O. The finish line is in sight and I'm sure our match won't disappoint. I'm pulling out all the stops I have for the alotted time left so be careful of the fuses lying around and the kegs of gunpowder.
    And sve, where can I get a pipe like this guys?

That thing is sweeeeeet, and I don't even smoke.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Sve, I just browsed through your sketchbook, I'm pretty impressed with the amount of Figure life drawing you do, Really great figure drawings, I have never done any figure life drawing, but I'm thinking of going to a class I found in my local area. I can see it really helps your art work, You capture expressions of people really well with some of the characters on page 9.

I really like the French artist painting of the lady with the humongous dress, great details on that. You also did a really great job with the calendar entry, very well rendered, great pose. I can see when you put extra time into your works you do a really great job rendering all the details. But the quick stuff is great too, you capture great poses and expressions with very few lines.

There is such a great variety of work here and you use so many different mediums. I'm curious about a couple pieces, the calendar entry and the recent one you did for the school vs unschooled, are those digitally or traditionally painted?

It was enjoyable to look through your sketchbook.

Take good care,

Joe.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehehe very nice update...are they all done from reference?
    if they are, they are good.If they are not, they are really great.As others have said everything looks full of character, and the pencil strokes usually look confident.Updates are really rare around here ...just wondering, did you ever work in the art field?

keep sharing (and thanks for the compliments in the "what you look like thread" )

ciao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Youve got some great work in your book. The faces are truely well done! keep it up like this!

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6