Sketchbook: Sve's Book (April 03 2008, Baroque, digitals, life studies) - Page 16
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, 8 pages of juicy goodness already. Loved your recent slew of life studies. I've always admired the fluidity in your lines. My fave out of all these has gotta be that enviro of the church (?) with the gnarly trees in the foreground. Really shweeeet. And the guy with the accordion. Was that from life? Anyway, keep on going, its a pleasure viewing.

Take care, Sve.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great rendering style. I love the hindu sketch, such a cool pose.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We need updates!

I see you started with some buildings and architecture. Looks pretty good for the beginning, espacialy this castle (?) with the trees in front of it.
    The hindu woman is very nice, I agree to Stupidity'sUglyHead I think she would look very pretty in colours
    And some good quickies, I can't crit them because they are just sketches but good ones, shure
    Bring us more

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    In fact SVE: I though you only did Critic and those
    looooonnnnngggggg posts that I acctually love to read!
    however... I did now, for the first time checked out
    your sketchbook
    and GOD DAMNIT, your "sketches" are at the very same level as your texts!
    even better! You seem to take your own advices.. and as they are
    as awsome as they really are.. you gonna be a really badass artist
    (In fact you really are!) So keep it up ffs!
    I enjoyed looking through your sketchbook from page 4.. since I was
    abit short on time! I be back!

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    youre charcoals are beautiful, I lovew that style of yours, brilliant
    And I love the comments you write, you must be a quick typer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey sve.

Can't look at the images now because I'm on the school computer, but will check it out when I get home.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hope you sketch more environments, I feel your line weights and light values are handled particularly well in them, especially this one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good Gravy!
    I am sooo glad I stopped by this thread. I must say that the progress in this thread is humbling. As well, we could all take some serious lessons from your copious, flowing compassion. I don't think anyone else that I have seen composes such loving replies....to Everyone!
    It is a joy to see how the sketches in this book have gone from being labors to loves. Keep up the great work!

Wow...now I need to go back to my book and work ...to death.
    Keep inspiring!

Hello sveta,

I want to say thanks for stopping in on my sketchbook and giving your thoughts. They have certainly been on my conscious since your last post in my thread.
    Like Dile, I didn't know you had a sketch thread. I think this is great. It can be a great tool if you really want to boost up the sketching skills. One thing I would recommend for you is draw from life more often. I don't know how much time you have, but do this at least once a night, five days a week and sketch a page a day or an image a day. This will help you loosen up a bit. I see your sketches and they seem to be very carefully drawn which makes me think they are done from photos. There isn't anything wrong with that, but watch how you use your reference. Strive to make your drawing more appealing than the image you're drawing from. Anyway, hope this helps.

-Britt

Dutton Guest
    Sveta, I'm anxiously awaiting your next update. I miss your 'voice' too. Hope your trip last month went well and that we hear from you soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful, beautiful work, Sve. No crits from me - just much appreciation.

I like this one in particular: http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Church3.jpg

Hope to see more from you and lil' Christie!

~~Naomi x

Website | Blog | Sketchbook

UK Sketch Group (FaceBook) - Check here for details on upcoming meets!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey sve, I've seen you being busy like a bee around the forums. I have a suspicion that you're already back,
    so

where's our update?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is a great book sve, really good control of your mediums

my sketchbook

"One must always draw, draw with the eyes, when one cannot draw with a pencil"
    Balthazar Klossowski de Rola.
    SSG XXXI
    Lohan-Luxun-Prophet-Bendragon-dan liimatta-Evil Sloth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man is a long time what i can´t visit here, great work with this charcoals, but where the updates???

Cheers

Icaro

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    But who will work at the Calendar girl, if not me, guys? Thank you so much, but really want to do it right. and make you all faint from beauty of my girl. I dd photos and posted them in photo section though. Not need to comment iunless you feel like it, but you have to take a look.
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73091
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73276
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73277

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i left comments!

why not any art more art in here?

thanks for the support and kind words
    cheers sveta! much love

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Sveta dear, I m with Hurri!! I wanna see more of your stuff, you have a perfect technique and very live drawings!!! Wanna see more

SKETCHBOOK

Sinister Six Sketch Group
    Since 2003, sorta.
    Cookiedough Fooxoo Hyver Wolfje character

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *cough*

So? Let's see it!

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, I'm so ashamed, commenting on other people work and not updating myself. I'm officially a slacker now. I will think how to punish myself, something fun!

Hello, Tensai, thank you so much, I now carry your notes in my mind every time when I look at art. but I admit when to come to real life observation I'm not that fast to separate planes and edges. Thank you I will watch them.

Hey, Tiffany, thank you and you are way too kind, I agree btw with the comments about my last image in FF section, I thought that it needs beautiful BG with some royal badge or just some arabesque-kind ornament. But I don't like to draw patterns so much. The dress textures need much more careful hiding of the digital drawings. And many more working and polishing. I will return to BG and change it considerably. Thank you so much. It was, btw inspired by your work, your elves and Queens, your love to careful details.

Hello, demented, Oh, my heart sinks a bit when I read people calling themselves like this. You are not, your comment is very informative. I even didn't notice that I use textures like I wasn't not allowed to do it for very long time and finally made a breakthrough. You are right, and maybe I will be able to control myself more.

Scott, Ahhh, only ahhh. I'm trying to control myself when I'm talking to you. Just really love you. Say anything you want, your words like a music to me . You are so...., I wrote to you what you are in my eyes.
    But all this aside, thank you for taking your time and writing to me. I don't know about doing it on practice, but I do notice this more, values it is. I'm just contrast junkie, incurable. Hope you are well and thank you for being a great friend. All the best to your people too.

Hurri, dear friend. gold heart and very touching talent. Really kind heart. I'm not kind, btw, I just well disciplined and I read a lot of good literature, so some good ideas sank down deep in my heart. You are on the other hand really kind to people. And that's beautiful double with your great talent and openness in art. Ability to notice and openness are the main ingredients of your talent, I think. And imagination flights, that's bravery and freedom.
    Thank you so much, I already pulled out the ineeded me information about your comments from you. I'm proud you are my friend, Hope you have a great time drawing with friends now.

Ahh, Joel, thank you so much and thank you for visiting and leaving generous comment in my Moscow photos thread, there are two more there, btw .
    Believe me, thinking about you I dragged the Christina's new drawings all the way from Siberia to America (she drew beautiful, very healthy mosquitoes in her last drawings, with huge sharp thick noses, with a lot of blood everywhere, she was really impressed by them in Russia and was scared of every night coming, it's their time of acting). But now I can't find them. I'm so sad, please forgive me. I'll post them when I find them, OK?

Hey, Shyam , thank you so much, always a treat to hear from you, I'm so glad you like your new job, not so new anymore, probably, already. You are wonderful, i wish you to have anything you want in this life, you deserved it.

Hello, Gnosis, "rough manner to draw", interesting, maybe you have something in here, yes, you have. I like roughness, it scratches my soul when I look at it and like the sensation. Glad you like that too. I'm afraid we are only two of a kind. Thank you.

the_allejo05, Wow, that's generous encouragement. I'm not sure what I should do, just take it or better jump and hang at your neck. heheh.
    Thank you so much, I value your opinion a lot. One of my first teaches on this side, You are very talented , you know and you have very fresh, original ideas about art. I bet you will take a lot of beating for that, heheh, be prepare.
    I agree with every word. I'm just not sure where to stop with values. Maybe I have limits in understanding it. Will do as you said though.

Phil, hi, my friend. Ohhh, it's hard to see for me, but I'm tired from me not liking my art, I want to stop it already. I want to be like Hurri, composed and taking it in a healthy way. just improving on my own pace. Thank you so much and after I post this I will write more comments, I'm just a bit scatterbrained these days.

Looky, thank you, you are sweet. yeah, they do remind those. If people on this side do more images in this manner I probably would sway to the other style, I'm just always attracted to opposite things.

Hello, Michael. I don't know if I like the animals in general, like with people I like some people and some animals, for their exact personalities. Very personal approach in love. Thank you so much. It is great if you see emotion in my drawings.

Hi, My Swedish Angel with golden locks, the best angel possible for me. You did a good job guarding my life in Russia, the airplane of the same route, the same airline company caught fire after landing and a lot of people died two days before my flight. I think you were on my side and helped me.
    Thanks for writing such a lovely comment. Houses are from photos. I'm ref slave. I wasn't some times ago. Heheh, I'm looking with a bigger attention and suspicion at Prostrate Sunrise work now. heheh, You were joking I think. he is way too more passionate. I'm like a snow man comparing to him.
    And now, you trying impress me with your hugs, ahahahahhahaha. sweet naivety. I can alter your sex orientation after my hugs. Take this!
    Hugs! watch out!

Julien, hi, dear, Thank you so much, I love you back and hope you are doing great, you deserve every good thing for you. Don't worry about anything. and remember, you have a vivid imagination, it makes you suffer when you shouldn't. You are great!

TheGnoll, Very cool comment, especially analytical part. I'll think about sweet part, maybe I will attempt to draw something hairy and cruel. I'm OK with it, I agree I nee to try everything. Most of my stuff from ref. I added one little drawing today, it is imaginative stuff and yeah, it is sweet, damn it. Did it to friend.

Chip, Hello, precious friend, now you disappear for sure, I'm afraid, because people didn't hep you with guys calendar and you bury yourself with work too much.
    I miss you and think about you very often, We can't keep dear to us people near us forever, when we really want this. It is painful. I write in the most elaborated way to dear to me people trying to hold them, not letting them to go from me. But it's just like swimming against strong currents. I hope for the best. I don't want any phony things like time and distance and shyness to keep us from keeping in contact always.
    Thank you so much for encouraging me always. you are very kind. I like the elephant too, he is schematic, I like that.

Hey, Daniel, thank you so much, and your comment reads like a sincere letter from friend. So gentle and honest and sweet, You are always sweet, but you always wrote to me and other people with slight hint of irony, kind humour, I love that in you btw. But this comment is quiet and lyrical and intimate, opens your gentleness to me, I love it too.
    Enviros inspired by you and only you. I attempted them because I love how you catch moods in yours. Well, maybe Fellah's too, he is good in making me change my current attitude after looking at his art.
    Love you entry in LMS2. I will comment on it soon. Bye till then.

Hello, pennington. Thank you so much. so sweet of you to say all these wonderful things. Making me shy. really. You've been in China, how interesting. I want to see those photos, link will be greatly appreciated.
    I've been in San-Petersburg 12 years ago, it was a gorgeous city back then. Now its strict and luscious style is very much damaged with new changes, as heard from the witnesses. Very sad. Hugs back even more!

Hello, beautiful fooxoo! When I read your name I always see you bright unique green eyes and beautiful black hair. Striking! Thank you so much for the comment!

Hey, Bruce, thanks for writing the kind words, I'm glad that you like them. Hope you are doing great, love the ideas in your head so much and unique elegant way to express yourself on paper.

Hey, Andrej, Hope you are having a great time in Brussels, you should, having your type of people all around you, it is top of the world, isn't it. Good observation about scale of the people and buildings, I wholeheartedly agree. The mystic story, well Pushkin wrote a poem about it. the Copper Rider is alive at night time, and he is mad. He is riding his horse around the sleeping city and he has no soul. The person, poor little clerk is dying in this poem.
    Thank you for being such a great guy, you make me feel better in Lounge defending this funny girl.

Damn it, Johann, you have a way with words, I just can resist your magic way in everything you do. "Gnarly trees",such a spacious word. tells so much, gives an image and emotion in such a powerful way, like a punch, knocks me off my feet. Who is a poet now. I'm shaking my head, as I often do after pearls like this. You are so unusual, unreal. I want proofs that you are here in the same world as me. I want to see new examples of your functioning as a real person, update in your book shoudf follow to make it true. I'm glad that in real life I can meet people like you sometimes, even if only in virtual reality, knowing very little about you, not even being sure that you eat and move as other people do, not flying by your violet wings for example. Bye.

Stupidity'sUglyHead, Oh, your name, how could that be, i don't believe it. thanks for being so nice.

Gun, thank you so much, I love the last paintings in your book, want to comment on them badly. Thank you so much for making a texture for me, I wil try to apply it, a bit later, I'm kind of in the middle of doing very many things in one time and I'm bad in doing many things in one time.
    You are right, always right with your crits, thank you so much., dear friend.

Hey, Dile, OMG, I'm a bad-ass artist, heheh. couldn't believe my eyes reading that. well, I will not believe them, sorry. I'm mediocre, dear.
    thanks so much for being so sweet.

Hello, blanquish, thanks, very touching, I must be a fast typer, or not, heheh. Internet, dear, you can read the appearing words, but much later. So you never know what kind of person writes them. Fun to write and read, though.

Hi, JERI, still feel so good that you are very approachable for me. I really thought the other way, hehe. thanks.

Helo, Jens, you are not saying anything strict to me. it means you are very busy and don't have a lot of time, or I'm doing something right finally. Thank you.

Hello, again, JERI, . Thanks, you're sweet.

hehehe, fractured1, you are funny. Thank you, I want to hide my overheated head under blankets after reading such lovely comments, like yours. Drawings like lovers, hehe. very intriguing manner to think, lovely. A kiss, a wet one, hahaha.

Britt, I have no words, I'm in awe. And I wonder if you know what I feel in you. I bet you don't. All you thoughtful, complex people are blind to your own beautiful qualities. Probably main feature of the good character. You are deep guy, Britt. I knew it 1 year ago, when I was hanging around your thread looking at your brain sucker and fish eater and feeling happiness.
    So about your comment. Ahh, thank you for that, my favorite kind of the comments, looking at someone work and find an essence of it, and say it like generalisation of the impression be it a negative or positive. Yeah, that's my main problem, I need to be more like you, free.
    Funny words in your comment. "Try to draw every night", hehe, tells me something about you too. Who bothers you at day time? . And yeah, I will follow your advice, you don't know how high I value your opinion, very high, believe me. I'm happy you gave it to me, It is the same kind of jewelry I collect from lukavi visits to my book. Precious wisdom from analytical minds.

Mike, thank you, dear. I want to be a better person each and every time I have an encounter with you. You have a marvelous effect on me.

Hello, lovely Naomi, Thank you, very kind. Hope you are doing great with your calendar girl, should be a knockout for sure with your wonderful taste!!!!

heheh, blacky, so funny, thanks. I love you.

Hello, luxun, Thank you. I wish it was like this.

Hello, Icaro, thank you and here i go with my updates. Feel kind of shy to post them though.

Hurry, Could you live in my storm all the time, don't go away, stay with me always.

Hey,[ B]fooxoo[/B],

strych9ine, OMG. What a visit! Take anything you want for that. hehe. Calendar girl will be later though.

Now update.

It was inspired by England. I want to go there again and again.

The guy with a top hat was started as portrait of Churchill, but lost all the likeness and gained a new personality pretty soon. Digital.

The next sketch of Anne Boleyn from the portrait of her by Hans Holbein she was the second wife of the Henry the Eight, the greatest womanizer of all times. She was a lot like him, "not the handsomest woman of her time", as witnesses wrote about her, but sure she had a great sex-appeal.
    Ended up being beheaded in her middle 30th.
    Digital.

Then I painted the picture based on the portrait of Jane Seymour, by the same artist. Got some good crits already in FF section, but I'm greedy to hear more.
    She was a favorite wife, gave to King and England a long wanted heir. Died young. Was very in control of herself and her bad-tempered husband.
    Digital.

Then some drawings, some from life 10 min or though, some are already been seen. Charcoal.

Digital cartoon for my friend.

My daughter's art. So sorry I can't find the most interesting ones.

Attached Images Attached Images                              
    Last edited by sve; August 6th, 2006 at 12:51 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey sve

haha - muchothanx for the kind words about my name - it was rather arbitrary at the time...

Your updates are wonderful - particularly like "Flying" - brilliantly drawn, your line is stupendous, and your value control can ask for little more. Great sense of form in all these, even the line drawings. Very inspirational stuff on the whole, liking everything I see - including your daughter's art. Very cute and clean... ~!

hope to see the next update sooner!
    ciao!

- d.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow sve ! Lots of good stuff :=o
    I really like the portraits of the wives, very delicate and subtle.
    I don't really now what to say, the lines and shading are really nice =)
    Humm, isnt this your daughter ?
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1154810677

Anyway, i enjoyed watching all of those =)

asoir is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great shading, GREAT studies...great sketchbook.
    Glad to have you back.
    England isn't THAT good...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Sveta, glad that you made it back from your trip safe and sound. You have given us such a varied update, but I really was expecting bunches of sketches from England (as the title suggests) and from Russia too!

The portrait of Winston is nice and could use some further exploring, it's a fun piece.

The one below that is my favorite of all of these, I don't know why.

And ol' English Jane is fantastic, although I don't know about the pink/peach background. It is too similar to the flesh tones. Your digital skills have grown quite impressive, I must say.

You should start a sketchbook thread for Christie, all her own. She would be the youngest member, I think! I like the blue dog (?) the best.
    Take care.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OMG ! The pattern on the colored picture is the best I have saw from you, dear ! I'm jealous ! How did you made that ???

The guy seat on the tombstone made sense for me... Don't know why. But I like it !

Hi Chrisie ! Always a pleasure to see our little genius posting here !
    I like a lot the first one. Powerful. And so for the pink rabbit and the Lincoln pic. Nice composition for this last one. Keep posting, I'm your fan !!!

And Sveta... Thank you for the very VERY kind words. Will keep them in memory.
    J.

Last edited by Alday.J; August 5th, 2006 at 07:59 PM.
    Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    wow, your stuff is so detailed and almost exactly like the masters! are you a prodogy in hiding? love the sketches too.

your daughter is getting better and better.... wooo gooo her!! haha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    amazing shadow, light skillz, great work, keep up, do more digitals too

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Sve, just finished looking through your thread and love the elegance and fluidity of your work, especially in this last update! The details are wonderful to look at.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah i'm def. diggin the more classic style of your digital stuff, lots of amazing detail. Keep up the good work!

____i_should_be_animating___________
    Sartell's Distraction sketchbook

Nothing touches an artist as much as the person who says, “I would like to own this little piece of your soul… here's some cash.” Matt Cavotta

§ East Meets West SBSG §

Dutton Guest
    Jane Seymour is beautiful, but I'll leave my longer comment for her in your FF post. What struck me here immediately was your Winston Churchill. SO much gesture and fluidity in his pose. The line quality reminds me of Charles Dana Gibson, one of the best pen and ink illustrators of all time. Yes, it's that good! Beautiful works by both you and Christie. It's great to finally see your book updated!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Sve, some of your latest works are astounding! Keep it up.

m

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6