Sketchbook: Sve's Book (April 03 2008, Baroque, digitals, life studies) - Page 11
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Sve's Book (April 03 2008, Baroque, digitals, life studies)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are probably just finished to enjoy your photos of Holland, alone, without sharing. Naughty, naughty.
    I wish I was right now I've lost my cable to connect my camera to the computer, meaning that I can't post up my drawings I've made atm also did them on a bigger paper for once, so it's a bit large to scan 8)

the updates look very well!!! once again, I love the expression and movement you bring into your pictures, they really bring things to live I like the two pictures with the horses most (besides your daughter's picture ofcourse )

great update!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Five Billion Dollars ? Christie, you're a genius...
    Hi, Sveta, dear buddy ! How's things ? Not crits about stance and anatomy, just wanna know HOW many time you spendt on this digi-painted ? There's a huge progress with that one, I'm really impressed !
    Cheers, Sveta ! Tons of virtual flowers from France !
    J.

Last edited by Alday.J; January 23rd, 2006 at 01:55 PM.
    Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i'll try to do a sveta here

http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Tennis5.jpg
    i love those 2 divers.. very beautifull in some way... harmony and syncronized maybe..

http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Cart.jpg
    controll and fluidness was the words that i thought of, i bet you like that one...

somehow your art gives me a impression that you want or crave controll, even if it doesnt matter if you have it or not.

+wow, the progress !!!

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for this, SVE!
    such a special thread, of course the last update is beautiful! keep up the fantastic work & thanks for everything!

And now, Here's a sentence that ends with a cold, unenthusiastic period, just to balance the rest of this bubbly post out for good measure.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey sve, how is it going, hope you're well.
    I'd love to see you doing more of these excercises and more anatomy studies, trying to really see the proportions and negative spaces, that kind of excercises improves a lot your eye and hand coordination, so the better you see the better you'll place the lines in the right place.
    I love that color study, you should do more of these, paying attention to the big colors first, then go for the details.
    I see your doing the muscle studies from that site, it's great, you should try to learn the muscles, every name, insertion points, and that kind of stuff to really take advantage of that studies.
    Anyways, don't take too long to update.
    Cheers buddy, hugs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sve the quick sport illustrations are have a wonderful movement in them. I particularly like the fencing one. The fluidity of the lines used on the head and hands have a very dynamic movement to them.

The muscle study just makes me say wow. Keep doing these. I like how you have managed to make them look like they are contracting and expanding.

The digital Paint looks a little blurry when you got to the wing feathers. I think it may need some shadow on the actual underside of the bird. It would help to give it a little more volume.

Keep updating. I'm always looking

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sveta--

Here you are! Hidden away in the Fine Arts section (instead of the sketchbook section).

I must say, I am in awe of your beautiful penwork. So expressive, confident, subtle when it needs to be, bold when it must be. It is lyrical in every stroke. I wish I could make my pen do the same! I will continue to follow with eager eyes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HAA...everything is second to that beautiful work by Christina! That made me laugh out loud...I especially like the touch of the 5B in the corners. Excellent

Glad to see you are still getting some art done...and the anatomy study will really help. I'm going to use that site too...It looks like it was smartly done.

Interesting things going on in the digital painting too. I especially like the effects of the water...you seem to have really got that feel. It does look like you are holding on to your linework a bit when painting. I would forget about the lines..let the color bleed outside them and just look at the big shapes. Am I making any sense, or just being confusing?

Either way...great studies and great update. Post more of Christina's work please

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man I love those fruit stills! Amazing and daring colors!

In a few other pieces I also have this feeling of you balancing on the edge of over-exagerating anatomy. This is a very good thing imo, this means you are (consious of it or not) very good at anatomy, because an over-exageration works only if it's on one line with what would be "normal anatomy"...

I hope this makes any sence tou you?

Piru's Portfolio - Piru.be - WACOM Buying Guide - SHOW your STUDIOS!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Uziel's SB! - Piru's Sketchbook & Epias' Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow - lost track of this book, but here it is! and with some nice updates.
    thought the basketball player and dogs http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Dog1.jpg were really nice. as well as the torso just below it.

nice to see your book again.

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

bLok

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, dear friends. Circus is coming to your town again .

Hey, GunTrouver .Would've been great if you told me all my mistakes you saw, dear Gun. That's the whole idea! To borrow each other eyes for a while and improve .I knew the 6 billion dollars bill is a impeccable concept. Everyone likes it .

Hello, Hiipi. Hope you have recovered wonderfully after my comments in your thread . I will not discuss you anymore, as you wish, but it will be less fun. You are a great topic to discuss .

Hey, blacky, You accomplished all the goals and then some Agree with all your great comments completely, the guy who got you all confused was probably sprinter, runner on short distance. he was photographed on the finish line, probably. Agree about the gymnast, legs are way too thick You have been in Rome, so cool. All what you said makes me pleasantly shocked. You are lucky to be able to see it all.
    Keep telling all what you got on your mind with full honesty, so that my feathers will be making circles in the sky after your crits. I'm sure you can help me a lot. Thank you so much for being a friend and for the kindness. S.B doesn't have her allowance , she works for compliments

Hello, Farvus . thank you so much, I'm glad you like them. I like them too. Pretty strong shoes for this prize i got them .

Hey, dear Haldor , I miss your updates and comments , you are less active now. That's upsetting. I love your sweet sense of humor. I wish you didn't change your first title n your thread. I always smiled when I saw it. Hope you got connection you lost. Thank your for the kind words and hehehe, everyone likes big money bill, it's very beautiful .

Julien, sweet friend, thank you so much, from my heart. What colors are those virtual flowers? What kind? Let them be Shasta daises and roses, let them be daises and roses, let them be daises and roses. Thank you again for making my baby super happy, I see her laughing this day in my mind.
    The digital painting, well. I have trouble to check the time when I paint or draw, and I went several time and change some things after some crits I got. Well, probably 4-6 hours before some changes. then some more.

Hello, hurricane , Gosh, you are truly nice one. Very kind nature, I always think that whenever I see your posting anywhere. Yep, you are right, this drawing was one of not many i liked, may I ask why? why you thought that. You think I like things small and homey, do you? You might be right in one moment, you might be hugely wrong when you meet me in an hour . hehehe. Thank you for the sweet joke, trying to do sveta. I love friendly teasing, it makes me a better person too, I hope. When you said about control in drawing, I wonder what you meant. People told me I put too many not needed lines in there.

Hey, guggenmaneuver . You made me very jolly. I didn't get your message completely, felt like a reading some code, but thank you so much, thanks even more for the great tutorial in your thread.

Hello, Diego , dear buddy, I tried to catch you yesterday , but you disappeared somewhere, hope your computer is all built and running. I listen to your advice with huge attention, love your crits very much, one of the best i get. Thank you again for the great links you give me again and again. Here some studies, but got distracted and did some mistakes here and there. Sigh.

Hey, Ben ! Love your landscapes and your SP in the leather coat. Very nice one. Thank you for stopping by and telling me your thoughts. Greatly appreciate them. With a pelican. Well, the feathers were not like this before, I smudged them a bit after some crits. I might add the shadow, but it's risky with this water texture, you know.

Thank you so much, bdfoster . So nice of you. Lyrical? really? It would be great if it so. I don't see it, but I sure want it. Thank you so much.

Scott , my dear friend. You always make sense to me. I knew that I need to learn to make brushstrokes, trying, not totally getting it still. Please if you are in my thread, look at my new digitals and tell all your thoughts right away (it you have time and desire to write of course). I listen to your advice and want your opinion very much., But don't be nice, be strict, please. Got some Christie's art just for you. Hope you like it. And some other little drawing, hope it is recognisable. I like the object very much . Miss your updates badly. Looked at your website yesterday and was very sad because of the not big enough images, sorry, I know you can't hear it anymore.

Hello, Durin/Piru . Thank you so much and yes, it makes perfect sense, if the over-exaggeration really works. Don' think it does in my drawings, but I hope to nail it someday. Your comments is very interesting for me, made me think about what tricks are successful in depicting life, thanks.

Thank you, tensai . Always great to hear from you. Your baby in the busy city is coming along nicely. I enjoy looking at progress, always a pleasure to come to your thread. Thank you so much.

U.P.D.A.T.E:

Pen, traditional.
    Muscles Studies:

Digital
    Underwater, study
    Charcoal

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Last edited by sve; April 17th, 2007 at 10:48 PM.

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Part Two:

Christie's
    Dallas.
    Florida
    Doodles

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by sve; April 18th, 2007 at 01:41 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice drawings and studies.That charcoal kid is lovely.The lines remind me a little of some of Van Gogh's lines.
    And your daughter has very nice drawings.I thought you could start a sketchbook for her in the sketchbook section

M.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome horse and anatomy studies.(Fun to watch update in general) Ain't am an expert on horses but front and back legs of this one :http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Horsie.jpg do not look like they were from same horse. Front ones probably need to be a tiny bit longer so they'd have same plane to stand on.
    Love this one; http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/I...Underwater.jpg specialy how you did hair and water. Her smile looks sort of artificial though, whereby the smile of this little fella's so natural as I've rarely seen it, great ;http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Dylan.jpg

Your daughter's scetches are awesome. In fact, you could post first one in FF section, and shalt anybody dare move it, we all woud teach that guy a lesson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very ambitious updates, the digital pieces are very nice. I especially like the underwater study, it's erotic and eerie.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello sve!!

those horses are fabulous!!! I see that you've started practicing the anatomy more and more which is in the end a good thing. I think they look great!! really no comments on them I like the little kid, he looks like as if he has just learned to walk, and is enjoying it very much

Of your daughters drawings I think dallas, looks the best I think the colors she picked for this little piece of art look very well

things look really nice sve!! (and the things of you christina look nice also )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sveta, you are a great lady ! And your improvement amazed me so much ! I fall in love for your underwater study and the horses and anatomy stuff are so good, bravo ! I really enjoy this update. Hope see some more soon !

@ Christie: I see that the little cat is thinking about some goldfish for diner, he ? Yum ! So cute ! Huhuhu !

Cheers, S. & C.
    Take care !
    J.

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sve, great update! The underwater study is really breathtaking... oh man; why do I make subconscious puns like that? The clothing is particulary well done.

I really admire what your doing in this abstract series you've labed Christie's, brilliant! It's like you've tapped into the root of our pysches'. But really, cute kid . Tell me she's pretending to be a dolphin in the one's from Florida?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was made aware of some request concerning underwater picture.....and swuush, here I am

OK, I'll try to help:
    What bothers me most about it, is her face. Her eyes are plain black. Give a slight touch of a lighter colour to em (like a tiny highlifht or them getting lighter at one side) and they should gain some charecter. Right eye looks towards viever whererby direction of left one seems to be the one you actualy intended.
    Face and head seem to have too many dark, greyish areas. (I personaly don't like black in scintones as stated before). Look at how you did her shoulder. You wouldn't use any of such there, and still it looks just....breathtacking and super natural.
    I got some pictures to demonstrate what I mean, notice the unified lightsource, the light being broken into a pattern by watersourface, that shadowareas are same colour as water but much darker and how scin is being illuminated
    http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...underwater.jpg
    http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ter_Wasser.png

also notice that in deeper water or in thick water as you seem to depict it, contrasts are low. I mean, that there should not be any pure colours and no pure white or black there http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...er20Wasser.jpg

also note how quick light is being absorbed by water, how it falls in such a pattern /// , and how depth can be created http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ater-rocks.jpg

You stated that you where trying to make her float in a gravityless environment (that's how I took it). Well, ih your picture, her pose reminds me a lot of somebody sitting on a bed or something. In fact, her hair and chest, seems to be the only thing floating as her arms obviously are used for supporting her bodyweight. Geas it might be easy to fix, would you place her right armhigher pointing away from her body (perhaps slightly upwards) dissapearing in the waterdepth.
    hmm...I gues that would be all. I very likely might be wrong on some of those, but I hoppe I was able to help in a way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very impressive Sve

I always like seeing someone's sketchbook thread for the first time as I get to go from the first to last page and actually see the improvement in their skills.

I'm really loving you pen and ink drawings (or are some digital sketches?) Very fluid, confident work, they appear to be freehand? (no guidelines) You have a solid understanding of where to put a line, and just how much cross hatching to use (something I am very jealous of )

Great anatomy/muscle studies too, I may save them to my reference folder for later use if you don't mind?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello
    Woow, great update
    The horse is very good, your lines become more clear, that's very good!
    The front legs are not perfect but I think blacky told you the most important things about that.
    2nd horse is very nice too
    The muscle studies are excellent, clean lines and very good pencil work.
    Maybe the feeds in the second one could need a bit more work but drawing feeds is very hard so you did a good job.
    I'm not the biggest fan of your digital stuff but the underwater study looks pretty good. Good use of colors. Maybe you can add bubbels coming out of her nose and her mouth. Here's a picture so you can see what I mean
    http://www.losama.ch/taucher/Bild-s_063.jpg
    Than it would look a bit more "underwater".
    The little child scares me It looks very freakyXD

Your daughters stuff is fun!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sveta, you have some wonderful studies in here. I love how you rendered the underwater study especially, it's very well done. I can already see your daughter's imagination is in overdrive, she's obviously a talented girl.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Svetta your little girl seems Darling! I love her drawing of the Currency, 5 BILLION Dollars! haha thats great, and her as a princess in the middle, hehe.
    the dallas Picture with the three suns, haha it must be very hot there. The doodles, and her jumping on water, so fun. she really shows her personality through her drawings. tell her she has a fan,

Your anatomy studies are coming along great. I would say you need to work more on your feet and hands, I am very weak at those as well they are hard to get down.
    Your underwater painting is very! nice! the textures are beautiful as well as her lacey dress. I really like it!
    Right now she doesn't quite look underwater though. If you blurr most of the edges except for what you want to be the focal point or the point where light is hitting and put a lower opacity layer of Green over her, she will look more underwater. Just imagine how many layer and layers of water there are around her. kind of like atmospheric perspective, when you see mountains far away and they are a very close value to the sky, that is because all the layers of air are piling up on eachother to create a lighter value, and it is always a cooler color as well.

nice to see an update Svetta, keep it up,

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok try to explain what disturbs me in your digital paintings, it's not in everyone but I don't like it if it looks too digital. The Underwaterstudy is very good, bnecause it looks not too digital. It's more "acrylic" in a way and the colors look more natural. But the cowboy piece looks too "computerized". The colors look a way off and it looks too smooth, if you ask me. That's also question of personal taste but I like digital art that doesn't look digital, it's hard to explain and I don't want to scare you and don't think your digital stuff is bad, maybe it's just because it's just a scribble because you finished picture looks good.
    Just keep practising

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is very inspiring to me... Inspiring as in i want to get a ranch, and a horse, and get somebody to ride it, just so i can photo and try to make studies like this!

& It is so nice to see the amount of varied media you are so deftly employing, charcoal, pencil, ink. Great work as always, it is exciting as well to see your working on digital paints

i can almost hear the laughter in the air!

Oh no! she's about to fall in the water!!!
    (but i bet she can swim!)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow! what an update. love the horse in pen, it seems real nice and loose.
    the underwater study is also nice, love the texture spots but think the nipples could be better. my favourite is however the little kid in charcoal, full of life, very nice.

and then the cityscape by christie. seriously, her stuff just brings a huge smile on my face. its such a fresh surprise. glad she posted.

looking forward to more.

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

bLok

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sveta, you definetly do not lack for work ethic. There is a lot to be proud of in this thread. Now my critique would be, spend more time with values, this is less a problem in your work from photo ref because the camera groups values for you so that they stay constant. When you draw from life, if you focus on the light side of the figure you see more detail there, and when you look at the dark side you see more detail there. If you draw this way it creates an artificial broken up appearance
    The trick is, when judging values do not focus on any one area, try to relax and look at the whole figure, and squint. This will mass values together into shadow and light, and better reveal form.
    On last tip, providing there is a consistent local value(meaning the inherent value of something) no value in the shadow should be anywhere near as light as any value in the light.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow.....I simply can't stop knocking on the ceiling. Your works are marvelous, all thumbs up, no crits whatsoever from me

Keep up the good work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love the line on your figurative work sve, especially the quick drawings on the previous page. I recognised those old master studies as well, great work. Will be watching
    -tullie

If you always get up late, you'll never be on time --Broken Social Scene

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff sve! Its like everytime I drop in you have drawn a shit load of new stuff! I need to draw more often to keep up with you.
    Anyways... your coloring is kida plastic, I often go for that look (maby because I cant handel color and values like the masters) but I think it has a nice feel to it. I realy enjoy your kids stuff That florida piece is sweet! She´s just flying around and checking things out.
    I´m off now! gonna try and draw some bears...
    Have a nice one!

Björn Silfverberg

B-Mans Spanking

Friends sketchbooks

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6