Sketchbook: Sve's Book (April 03 2008, Baroque, digitals, life studies) - Page 10
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Sve's Book (April 03 2008, Baroque, digitals, life studies)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Happy New year! Great update, I love the troll, and I think you should do more fantasy creatures! Tell your daughter we love her stuff, and that she should soon start her own thread! Great pic aswell!
    Cheers TIm

[url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi sveta, thx for the comment in my scetchbook.
    I really dig your loose style, and those lovely child portaits.
    Very nice shading in this funny SantaRabbit pic ^^ just kidding very nice shading in that one .. i just love it!

i saved it OK?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No update ? Even a Christie one ? Hope everything's fine in this 2006 new year. Cheers.
    From France with love.
    J.

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Happy New Year!
    Last images turned out real nice. Did you scetch those children? Would you go up to your daughter's class and just start scetching? (Just curious)
    Good job on catching their each uniqueness. I'd say zhough that those studies, that you did on single page each, turned out much better than fourth page, as you had to use fewer and more precice lines to catch those soft futured of children on less place. (Did you ran out of paper? (Awfull thing to happen, how many riches have gone to waste due to the lack of a sheet of paper and a pencil at the right time, already )
    Ooh, and those cute pictures of your daughter are sooo much achead of you, you realy can learn a lot from her, ...such looseliness, actual colours, so much energy and confidence, she even has a signature already! ANd that clarity is astonishing! I mean, com'n what does this satelitedish has to do on the head of a troll, that you would have "taken over" from Fellah? A troll....phhh, who believes in TROLLS nowadays? I bet not even a sevenyearold. Whereby Christina has obviouslař drawn a three legged cat-santa who hides in a tree from Rudolph, who wants his yellow purse back, so he could invite his other raindeer budies, (he has none, that is why he needs the money) over for a drink. Cat-santa does not want him to get drunk as he wants his deers to be sober on chrismas eve. It's all there, clear and sharp. Genious. Your daughter deserves an own scetchbook! Or else her work, might get missinterprited by those who seek to see custommary and "usual" art, like those that visit your thread. Or wait. Even, better, she needs an own site. So people of her like, that hold the keys to the art of tomorrow, could have an exchange of ideas and visions ,on their own. (Fellow sevenyearolds, that would be)
    Ha, ha....JK, pardon my foolishness (tend to be like that....people say I am mean at times, not realising I'm joking (I gues I'm a cynic)
    Anyways, thanks a lot for your post at my sp and yet a huge second thankyou for your vote on me becoming member of your scetchgroup. I guess you scetchlings have tasks, you ask each other to do. With topics, deadlines an all. Am not sure if I'd have time for such, as I'm gonna attend portfoliopreparation classes soon. Have troubles with Photobucket right now too (do not want to bring shame on you people), so I guess I'll just see what becomes of tis all in a couple month. But am honoured by your propposition once again.
    And I think it would do you (and I mean anybody who has opportunity to do so) good to try teach your kid art(If you do not already do so). (I used to do that for bout 2 month to a sixyearold) These guys have some fascinating points of view, at times. Making life look so simple (again). (Makes you doubt the nacassity and weight of all those "complications" in life, I mean)

So long...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, now I have to write something back
    I like your troll update, you'll do more fantasy work in future?
    That would be a nice combination to create monsters out of your lifestudies
    And a small crit to your studies: Try to use less lines and focus on the most important ones, it looks like that you do the shadings and outlines at the same time. If you ask me it's maybe better to do some simple outlines first and add the shadings later. But I can be wrong.
    Keep it up, looking forward to your new work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    not only are you the most prolific commentator on people's sketchbooks, you're also an awesome artist, great stuff!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Copy.jpg
    your inks are totally inspiring sve, such graceful and deft lines in all your work even! I will study old masters now.
    http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Nude1.jpg---perfection!
    j

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It is times like these that I am so glad that such talented people like you, Draw, benzogonzales, and so many others actually transcend your highs to meet the rest of us down there at the bottom. You have (and I know this is something that is said in art studios around the world) great line quality. There is a very modest and refined way you use line. I find it very nice. Shading on these is excellent. That pen work just...wow. We bow before you crying into the night, "We're not worthy!"

"Oh my God who is flying this thing! ......... Right, that would be me." ~Wash

DeviantArt - Sketchbook - Concept Art.org Porfolio

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, dear friends ! thank you so much from me and my enthusiastic daughter, your comments made her totally happy. She seriously wants her own thread on CA.org hehehehe, or at least my thread for her own. Coming with new doodles every two hours . I got new function: a picky art director, oh well.

Hey, Haldor ! Thanks a lot, the forth face was from Spanish type, they are all from ref, btw, I would go nuts otherwise. Children can't be good models, vegetables are the best ones. Speaking of which mushrooms are not vegetables, they are mushrooms, spore-bearing fungus species.
    Special thanks from 7-years old. your words hit the spot, hehehe.

Hello, That fat kid, thank you so much for the nice words about my figure . Come on, you scare me, I want to live some being silly before you put this heavy label at me. Thanks for the constructive comments.
    About sadness in faces, you probably were looking at my studies of human emotions, and I have to agree, people smile less than frown.

Hey, Diego, dear buddy . You know, I listen your words, and they are very helpful, last night I tried to do construction lines first. It's not in my nature, frankly speaking, but I will do them, because it really helps. Talk more every day, OK?

Hey, Pencilator, How you did survive my thread, not one teared apart bunny , not one creepy monster, hehe. Very glad to see you and thanks a lot for the kind words, Christie is on a seven heaven from your comment.

Thank you , mitch, mighty nice of you, Don't hesitate to critisize me. I love this stuff .

Fellah.. Happy to hear from you, and thank you, means a lot for me. I didn't forget, I didn't know that the second ear exists, silly me. Original is so elegant, lines are precisely where they should be, I enjoyed just analysing them and understand why you drew them like this, when I did the copy. Mine , shortly put, I don't know what I'm doing when I draw.

Hey, Julien, my buddy from France, thanks a lot, you are hilarious and sweet. I don't want you to take it wrong though, they are from ref, of course, almost all my drawings are. "CA clichÚ" is funny, I love stuff like this.

Hello, Bruce, first of all I want to apologize for making you upset in other artist's thread. It was just a bad wording, it has nothing to do with you. I didn't realised the ambiguity of my comments until much later. So I'm sorry for making you feel bad, I didn't mean to. Thanks for the crits, you are right on about this lines messed up in one big dirty spot. It was bad over treating in Photoshop. Thanks from Christie too.

Hey, Rob, friend! thank you and real good tip about drawing hair, i want to do it!

Hey, Phil, did you notice what a huge difference between meanings of your two names: Phil, as you probably know, means " loving' in Greek, and taxman...,taxes, tough, or it it from Beatles song? Thank for telling me your observation about face disproportion, very much appreciated. The girl you mentioned is very introvert in real life. Scanned orange peels? textures? Cool!
    bring it on .

Hey, Ben, . glad to see you. For me the hardest are landscapes and cars, and figures. Thank you so much for the kind words, see you.

Hello, Shyam . So glad to see you on forum again. And huge thanks for directing me to the RebeccaK assignment. Gorgeous thread and very, very, very helpful. I enjoy following your steps in my own manner of course, but still, a huge fun. Christie, hehehe, oh god, she absorbs all your attention like a sea sponge.

Hello, SirGreenSock . You know I wanted to thank you for this insightful comment on the shyamshriram thread, about flowing lines. I adore how beautiful and simple and truthful it is. Your words are in my mind, carved . Thank you so much for nice words and special thanks from my daughter.

Thank you, Ian , all the best to you and a lot of interesting well paid projects on your way. Thanks a lot from both of us with Christie, very nice of you.

Hello, dCepT , Very good comment, I appreciate it a lot, and thank you so much for stopping by and leaving your thoughts to me.

Hey, Tim , May you draw or paint something sunny for me and post in your thread, please, you art is very emotional, but I feel nervous for you observing it. Very much sadness coming through. Thanks from my baby, you are so nice. Her thread on CA.ORG, hehe. My shoulders will be permanently wet from her tears, when some nice folks from the Lounge write to her what they really think, hehehehe.

Hello, Zulle, thank you so much, you warmed my heart, this drawing is old, even started to get yellowish. Identity of the weird Santa is not definite, the artist is confused herself .

Julien, sweet buddy, I love you back from Texas, here it is your update, if you still want it.

Hey, blacky, , you are making me so giddy with your replies, hehehehe, I guess you are right about the story behind Christie's drawings, yeah, everyone wants to get drunk and do something nasty, heheh. That's what 7 years old wanted to tell, hehehe.
    No, buddy, I didn't sketch them from life, that would be real testing of my patience, but I'd like to think I would've managed to catch some similarity and national features drawing from life, if they sat still for me for at least 5 min. I'm bragging, sorry.
    People like you holding the key to our future art, in my opinion. I hope Christie will be as good in this as you are. Iwish you had time to join our group, it would be great.
    Children drawings, maybe you're right, but they steal ideas from each other as well ( like adults). Christie surprises me sometimes though, how she expresses herself. She has a funny bone too.

Hey, GunTrouver, no, you are not wrong, sweet crits, I always like to found them in comments. Thank you so much. Monsters. It will be very weak, small one, And I really need to study bones and muscles for this challenge.

Hello, Magic Man , I'm so amazed that you are in my thread, I thought you will destroy me and end up being sick yourself after looking at my stuff. Are you sure those words for me? I'm speechless. Thanks a lot.
    I saw a new side of you later, sensitive one, I will never forget this and will be waiting for this again. And I knew that you have a hot heart before, i read your thoughts about life and art, you were open, sweet and vulnerable in those, so i wish to see you like this more, it's so attractive in you.

Hey, guggenmaneuver . thank you, so sweet of you. I love your thread very much, i need some time and i want to leave some of my impression too.

masterpug, dear, you scare the hell out of me with comments like this. I'm here, no crying in the night, please, you are worthy, I'm regular. Lets draw some more, buddy, OK?

Now updateupdateupdateupdateupdateupdateupdateupdateup dateupdateupdateupdateupdateupdateupdate

Charcoal drawing from internet ref.

Dried leaf from life (Haldor, for you: philodendron, house plant, Philodendron selloum)

Gestures from ref (pen)

Digital:

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Last edited by sve; April 17th, 2007 at 11:21 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Part two

Digital gestures

Digital apple and pomegranate from life

OK, the last one, I just wish to hear the crits, i know it has a lot of flaws. The theme was Fear ( Fear of madness, Fear of losing basic freedom)

Last edited by sve; April 18th, 2007 at 01:35 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What is this?, I open the fine arts... -section to have a look if you have an update yet, and see none, write a short reply some place and....voila, you updated.
    So I am the first to reply aint I?

I like these new ones a lot. Great to see you study dynamics.
    Also am happy to see you use some more colours too (samewell glad you did that leave from life) (Have you read "last leaf" by O`Henry, good one)
    I also have heard a quote, that artists tend to have the same oppinion on people as those have on their works. So how on earth could I crit your works, when you keep telling me I'd be the future of art n such
    (Of course I am flattered, thanks)

I also have heard recently, that children are great artists at times, one only has to know when to snap the drawing out of their little hands, so they would not ruin it . (I wish people would do that to me sometimes )
    Wil come back to your scetchlings propposal later, definately.

Anyway, wonderfull update, dig the clearness of your lines a lot.
    So long...

Last edited by blacky; January 8th, 2006 at 03:29 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Didn't realize I was posting in between posts, so I have missed last ones.
    Am to lazy to comment on all of them, but last 3 ones are my favourites. Especially the coloured ones, although you might indicate light and envire conditions too, as these are being reflected on surface of things (usualy).
    Since last ones a digi, you have the abbility to alter the image to your like now , I don't get how left arm of middle person dissapears in his back, for example, and where the division between background and ground is. Love the wobby lines, especialy on legs though, gives it lots of movement. I samewell see that it has other more major flaws, but am sorry to tell you that I can't think of any right now (tired).
    So long...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow! great update. I'm impressed with the gestures ...they have good action, and you have a natural knack for proportions. I'd suggest taking some life-drawing classes if possible -even an open studio with no instruction. I don't know what is in your local area, but it'll really help add even more life to these drawings.

I really like the digital fruit..especially the pomengranate (sp?) It has a good rough texture..and seems really solid. The apple's values seem a little spott, but still very good.
    I really liked the Fear piece..you already know about the stubby legs...that's an easy fix really. It has a great energy however..and it's very dynamic. It kind of reminds me of a carravagio painting. Perhaps a dark background would make it even more powerful. Good job otherwise.
    Keep updating - we want to see more more more!

*:*www.scottaltmann.com*:*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here it is your update, if you still want it.
    Of course ! And what a beautyfull update, Sveta ! I like your digis: they have the same quality as your traditionals drawings. The same energyc and elegant style. Kung-fu and dancers are good subject for work on stance. The fruits are fine, even if I'm not sure about all the littles white lines are a good thing for a render. But I keep in mind that you're in a "unknow territory" -your own words- about digi. So, my only advice is: "forget what that bloody froggy told you and just enjoy, exploring that wonderfull medium" !!! I don't crit the last pic, you know what I think about it !
    Cheers, Sveta !
    Julien. (See ? I smile !)

Last edited by Alday.J; January 10th, 2006 at 10:05 AM.
    Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi sve!

great, updates something worth waiting for. And this time your figures are in action! that is just wonderfull. I especially like the 2 who dance together. It's just great to see how they litteraly float into eachother with there legs and arms, amazing job.

your TD-project really gives the mood of fear, and think it is a great piece. The only crit I would have on it that maybe the person in the middle his head seems to float a little bit, but other then that it is a great piece!!

about your vegetables make sure you don't overdo your lights within digital medium, you will make things really plastic quite fast then. But personally I like them a lot

one qeustion.. from what tree is that leave?? (just curious )
    edit: thanks for answering my qeustion

haldor.

Last edited by D.Labruyere; January 9th, 2006 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Sveta. ??? You'll have to pm me or something and explain. I don't remember being upset about anything, so I must have missed something or it just went over my head. It wouldn't be the first time. I'm sure that it was just a misunderstanding.

Great update. I think that you get better and better in such short time spans. That first figure is perfect, I think; I can't see any flaws in it. Very nice. I like the leaf, too. Is that colored pencil? It's hard for me too crit your digital works, as it's all a mystery to me, but they look good; they explode with color with a lot too see in there. Your digital stuff is very close in style to your traditional works. The fear drawing is real cool and there was something about it that I couldn't quite put my finger on and then I read Loomer's comments. It does have a Carravaggio feel to it, the expression of that guy's face is it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WOOOOOOH, UPDATES!

15 days, but definitely worth the wait. I┤m glad you┤ve included some pieces this time where two or more characters interact, something you do very well. Still love these little szenes with the children from an earlier post, you are a great storyteller. Even when you just draw a single frame. Have you ever thought about doing sequential art, you don┤t have to draw a comic book, but maybe a little story in let┤s say 3 pictures? A couple having an argument or something like that. Just a thought.

Charcoal drawing is superb, great capture of an interesting pose. Your gestures are alive as always and if you didn┤t mention it, I would never have guessed the ones from the second post were digital. That diver is my favourite. Unfortunately, one of your images doesn┤t show. The way you treat faces when doing full body poses has improved.

About your challenge piece: You did a very good job with the topic, strong idea and executed very well. Maybe you could still push it with light and dark, I mean like doing the girl in a lighter tone than the two bad guys. Especially their faces.

"taxman" was the song (Steve Ray Vaughan) I was listening to when I registered. Orange peels will be edited.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey sve! It's really nice to see some digital work from you... I don't think i've seen any before.. I like those studies of vegetables, but I think that the pure white background kills any mood/atmosphere you might have otherwise created. I think that the way studies like that interact with the background is vital to not only give it a more finished feel, but to help explore the edges of the object and show it's interaction with it's enviroment.. I would love to see some play with color and value contrast in regards to those pieces and their backgrounds!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Sve, good to see you join the 15min gestures, looking very good, your sense of propotion is really solid. There's so much to learn from those quick studies I think, hope you keep it up and how's wacom these days? talk soon sve!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice ink portrait update Sve. And those two drawings done by Christina made me smile from ear to ear. Well actually im still smiling, would love to see some more every now and then.

tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

bLok

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Sveta.

You have been so active writing GOOD and meaningful critique on the SB forum that I had to come see where you come from. And it looks good!!! Loads of good sketches!

There´s some things I do want to mention though...
    About your dark areas... You have a really strong and personal touch, a heavy hand so to say. The way you sketch is there is really strong lines and shadows and it looks good to me TO A LIMIT. But sometimes the darks and strong lines are all over the picture. And then it becomes distracting more than leading the eye. You should try to pay attention to your line weight, not that you have to draw softer but so that you vary your linework more. In shadowparts there is strong lines and then again in different spots, barely nothing maybe?

Also sometimes your lines wandered around the subject a bit but that is not a biggie, more a style factor...

Anatomically I noticed that you tend to stretch your subjects sometimes. They are thin and tall - and if not the whole body, then sometimes an arm or so. I don´t know how to give any advice on that, other than pointing it out so you can keep it in mind when doing something next time. Maybe simply measuring your subjects would help you understand that when drawing...

Other than thatm I have not much to say. I really liked most of your work. I was surprised not to find any other work as finished as the one on the first page (and on this page) because I found that really good! Truly nicely done rendering! What is it made with, ball point pen?!?!? Anyway it shows you have the skills to finish a picture like that, yet you don´t do it... Why is this? You should!!!!

Will stop now and go draw. KEEP UP!!!!

Oh! I had to add that I really appreciate your effort on the SB´s! You are paying attention to what ppl do and giving good feedback, something that everyone should do more!!! (and now you can go visit mine *wink wink*)

LoL Loe

The Baker's Dozen - SSSG#13
    Farvus Hiipi Onir machzero hpslashuvr glikster

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    sve what can i say... i cant say anything... im sitting here enjoying everything !

and the amount of comments and information you give us is breathtaking...

pure respect

cheers !

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÍRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lovley, just lovley Sveta! My fave is the Fear of Madness, especially the womans upper legs, and the left guards arm, there is something about them, hard to explain, but they give a very solid feel to the peice. Unfortunalty the legs REALLY draw the eye, so if you where hoping for the face, then maybe daken the legs and lighten the face a bit?
    I think you would love figure drawing, so heed Scotts advice and find an eveninig course or something. Reffs just will not do for such potential!

Your colors are coming along nicley, just remember not to go overboard with the white highlights! I know its the most fun to do, but youll just have to exercise some selfcontrol, hehe

cheers Tim

[url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The figures look great, on FEAR.jpg I think the figures look just as great, its just that the tones look a bit muddy. Also the tones for skin and the tones for clothes look very similar, perhaps having the clothes tone darker or lighter than the skin tone to create more contrast, and accent the tonal composition more.

And I really need to stop posting in the lounge But thank you so much for your kind words, you are too kind

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, dear friends. Thank your for coming to this thread and writing to me.

Thank you, blacky , for your sharing your thoughts with me. Yeah, I read "The last list", I love this author for his soft humour. Why not to crit, you have a good eye and articulate enough, crits away, I will be happy. Thank you for this comment about reflections and interaction of the object and surroundings. I will promise to dig in this direction, and this is sure fun research for me.
    I wish you told me all flaws you noticed in the "Fear", that is why I put it in my thread.

Hello, Scott , I drink the tea and coffee with naked painting of yours like you taught me. I wonder what I will learn in our next chat . Thank you so much, you are very kind. I btw went to decent amount of drawing classes, but it didn't help me much with proportions, I wonder if I draw them in too big size, bigger than I see them in front of me, because I do better with proportions in small size drawings.

Hey, Julien , I hope you had a great Birthday! I really want you to have the best one . With French cuisine and all that fun. Thank you for crits, I'll be watching those white lines. You, guys, know what is right or wrong, but I am always in doubt, maybe it's what makes the painting more alive, or special, so maybe I should let it stay. Please tell me always about my flaws, because i just don't see them.

Hello, Haldor . You are probably just finished to enjoy your photos of Holland, alone, without sharing. Naughty, naughty. . You see, the recipe of the pea soup can't totally replace the pictures.
    Well, anyway, thank you for crits, I'm always happy to hear them. i will be watching those highlight, I don't like plastic fruit myself.

Hello, Bruce , I probably misunderstood something. In this case disregard everything, please. Thank you very much for your thoughts. The first charcoal drawing is done from ref on Internet. In "the Dried Leaf" I used mixed media, very mixed media: charcoal, soft pastel, pencils. For digital painting/ drawing i recommend you (if you want it, of course) to start with some ref, better some painting you like and try to make a copy, digital. It helps a lot to get used to pen and not think hard what and how to paint, just follow the path somebody did for you. And I think doing the gestures like in the post before, digitally, helps a lot to get used to pen. Thank you again for sharing you thoughts with me.

Hey, Phil ! when i read that you called this bearded, disgusting looking madman a girl I thought you are having a very good time in my thread. I thought it was a joke, but you were not alone, so I made peace with this fact, OK let it be, strange unisex fruitcake. I think the seductive female hips of the guy made it so. I'm OK with it, because frankly speaking the painting making me sick whenever I look at it.
    You know I didn't draw this series of drawings about couple having an argument to this update, but I like the challenge and will try to do it. Let's do it together, what do you think about that? Come on, let's do it, it will be fun! Thanks for telling me all this and for you kindness to me, always.

Hey, Mr. Blonde . Such a pleasure to see you and read your thoughts. I didn't think about these very important things until you told me, and i'm very grateful you did. In this update I tried to catch this new thing for me interraction of the BG and object. If you will be in my thread again, please tell me all your thoughts how it should be done. I love to read your comments.

Hey, dear Min , How are you, sweet buddy? yes, I agree a lot could be learnt during these 15 min, anatomy, perspective, handling of the digital pen. I'm really glad i started them.

Hello, tensai. I'm glad we made you smiling. Makes me happy to hear that. Hopefully it will happen again.

Hey, Hiipi you gave me awesome comments, just awesome. I'm very grateful. It's very, very nice of you. I agree with every word. I will be watching my line weight and those poor proportions of mine. I really don't understand what's going on in my head and how it's all ending up being so distorted. Maybe I need lobotomy or something. The drawing of the girl sitting surrunding with baskets done with simple ball pen, but it was Russian ball pen, I did the drawing in different country years ago, I was a different person back there.
    I loved slow careful rendering so-o-o-o much. Now I like speed. And it seems to be a problem for me now to find a pen like I had in Russia. The ink was very slow flowing and the tip of the pen was so small, I had no problem to render, with no risk to overdarken the picture. Yep, the grasses were greener and the sky was brighter.Thank you again for all the detailed thoughts, I sure glad to read them.

Hello, Hurricane . You sure have a kind heart, very sweet of you, I really don't understand what an artist like you finds attractive in my drawings, I think we are way too different people, but, thank you very much, I'm glad to hear that .

Hehehehe, my dear Tim , oh, it was supposed to be a guy in this "Fear" thing. but you know, it's OK. Let it be whoever you like it to be. That's my flaw that it's unrecognisable as a male face. . Don't worry. I like the funny situation and appreciate it more than this painting for sure.
    I will be watching my highlight, thank you for telling me this. You know, Tim, I love, love, love to read your comments on this forum. You have a very clever head on your shoulders. And , my dear, one more funny situation. All these nudes in my thread are from life drawings . It just my brains are not good enough to use this privilege in a right way .

Hey, bRØk3n_sPiRiT . Thank you for stopping by and giving your time and thoughts to me, very nice of you. Oh, I don't mind Lounge conversations, I think they are great. And I read them myself too, sometimes with pleasure. Your crits are new to me, thank you for telling me this, I didn't think about it myself. I appreciate it and will be remembering this.

Ok, Now update, suddenly.

---\\\\---\\\\---\\\---\\\---\\\---\\\---\\\\---\\\\---\\\\---\\\---\\\\---\\\---\\\\---\\\\---\\\---\\\---\\\---\\\---\\\\---\\\\---\\\\---\\\---\\\\---\\\

Part1

Last edited by sve; April 17th, 2007 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Part2

Muscles studies:

A very useful website to study muscles: http://www.reybustos.com/03ra/ra.html

Digital painting from ref

And for those, who are interested in new and rare money bill, this piece. Of course, Christina takes a credit for this.

Last edited by sve; April 18th, 2007 at 01:38 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey sveta, how are you?
    Much new studies, you start with digital painting?
    Some nice action poses, not perfect but you study so much that this isn't the problem. The muscle studies are good, very well done!
    And I want this five billion money bill
    Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Sveta!

Just dropped in to say that my SB is now online again, I had serverproblems but now everything okay again. I would LOVE you to drop by, and a comment.

I will return here again when I am not as busy as now, I have to go to a party! Hard life it is in Finland.

LoL Loe

The Baker's Dozen - SSSG#13
    Farvus Hiipi Onir machzero hpslashuvr glikster

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiipi
    I would LOVE you to drop by, and a comment
    I have to go to a party! Hard life it is in Finland.
    That is wrong in sooo many ways

anyway, here we go with some (more or less) helpfull c&C
    May this be a blistering example of devotion and community spirit, of fairness, good maners, of aid when needed and constructive criticism no matter what, of friendship, love, peace and walmart coocky-doughs.

I'm at work and need some stuff to do, so I'll cut it short

Overall, great update. (Got me waiting for't though)(Was worth it)

http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Cart.jpg -this (and other one) reminds me of dear ol russia again

http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Tennis1.jpg -the way you captured it is fabulous, realy

http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Tennis4.jpg -like this one too, specialy the dog

http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Tennis5.jpg -this one seems to be all wrong though, divers look O.K. could had their heads bent inwards some more though, to exagerate expression. Tennis guy's realy ackwuard, upper half faces one direction, lower half the opposite one, (might be possible physicaly) doesn't read though, how these two are connected. Perhaps some twists and folds would help.

http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Ballet.jpg -love ballet

http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Sport1.jpg -don't get what he's doing (is he being shot in the back, does he trip...?)

http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Sport3.jpg -realy interesting pose, her legs seem to be too big though. Can't imagine such a girls body being able to support the weight of these legs.

http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Sport5.jpg -good one, the line she forms (upper left corner to right bottom one), usualy stands for arrival and he's making a step away from the viever (departure). (merely flip the image )

http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Sport4.jpg -again, lower bodypart and upper one, seem ackwuardly connected

http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/I...asketball1.jpg -good one, hand that drags him off balance complicates it, as I wonder whom it belongs too, hand itself is hard to read too

http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Dog1.jpg -fabulous, (can't resist such pictures )

http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Cast.jpg -it's odd, when I was standing before this cast in Rome, half a year ago, I would not care much about it, afterwards (having gained some more insight on art) I would regret it soo much not to have scetched/ studied it. You did a marvelous job about it.

http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Muscles.jpg -good study (perhaps slightly too dark at places (its a female))

http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Pelican4.jpg -love it, great

http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Billion.jpg -ha, ha looks like s.b. wants his pocketwoney wages raised, lol

So long...

(Edit: have just noticed that you paid a visit to my sb. , thx a lot )

Last edited by blacky; January 21st, 2006 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 754 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Well. And I really like this drawing with some shoes:
    [url]http://home.comcast.net/~elazutkin/Images/Boots.jpg[/img]
    Nice foreshortening, composition and leather texture

Farvus

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6