Sketchbook: BA Animation Degree COMPLETE :D, 04/06/09

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BA Animation Degree COMPLETE :D, 04/06/09

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

BA Animation Degree COMPLETE :D, 04/06/09

Hi, I'm harry.

I've had two other usernames before this. BUT HONESTLY, this is the one for the rest of my life now. Honest!

IllustriousHarry
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...lustriousharry

Rhaucan
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27455

COMMENTS AND CRITTS pleeeease !!

But you just want to see the Drawings.

Various Ideas, and random stuff for the Mod I'm honored to be working on

APPREHENSION - for UT 2004 - its extreemly cool
    http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~apprehension/GUI/index.php

BA Animation Degree COMPLETE :D, 04/06/09BA Animation Degree COMPLETE :D, 04/06/09

BA Animation Degree COMPLETE :D, 04/06/09^^ UNFINISHED, any tips??

I'll put old drawings up when I have made a bazillion new ones.

Cheers for looking.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Hazamataz; July 3rd, 2009 at 07:33 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A random update of recent stuff.

BA Animation Degree COMPLETE :D, 04/06/09Latest on my "scoutbot" design. I've been trying to work out exactly how light effects shiny surfaces.

I've been studying motorbikes and beetles, this is what happend when I let myself doodle. (my little bro on top)

pressing too hard . I'll stop this, when i do i'll reward myself with a long session playing GUILD WARS

Holiday Sketch

Speed Study Paint - 40 mins
    This looks like it has been runover by a landrover

So i did another, it took 60 mins, I felt i practiced loads though

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first concept sketches look really nice i know your studying beatles and motor bikes but i have to say that you guy on the motor bike thing looks like a 6 year old maybe you ment to do that but also his arms are longer than his legs. I really like your sketch book. Keep at it!

If i shoot the J then its "Good"

please hit up the SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, it was all a bit random, started off as my little brother sitting atop giant piece of gum. Maybe that says something about my thought patterns

Tree trunk from memory, it really was a great tree!!

Walking around town, and STEALING the technology of the trams and things, if I can draw its mine forever.

So afterwards I did the border of this page

Ideas and doodle for a FLAG of the future. I'll take bits off this that worked and develop them a little. Graphite didn't work for a future look, I wasn't really sure how finished I wanted the end picture. I would probably go at design ideas in a more structure approach next time

hahaha i really love pigeons, as i said though enlarged they'd be TERRIFYING.

I will improve my hand writting and presentation.

Yes... i really will.
    The last one is done on holiday, overworked, and too small.

I have a very small sketchbook, which I will finish off quickly with nice big drawings.

Bear with me, for a while. If I keep posting, i'll always be thinking about how i can Improve. And improving my presentation. And how far I actually have to go.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There are some pretty cool ideas there, I really like the motorbeetle thing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Always cool to see another Manc on the boards - Good start - I think you should do some anatomy studies - focusing on form rather than detail - just to inform the rest of your work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cheers for looking in! I plan to get into anatomy properly really soon. I'll give some thought to form.

Learning Perspective first though.

Speaking of Manchester...sketches from the excellent town...

BA Animation Degree COMPLETE :D, 04/06/09 Central Library (this was from a while back)

BA Animation Degree COMPLETE :D, 04/06/09 1 hour 30 minutes - (today)

TOO SMALL! Or maybe trying for too much detail. I was confused about what I was doing.

Now its clear, my intentions have to be clear before I start. Atmosphere sketch, or Architecture Study, or Perspective Practice.

Two gestures from nature (today's), worked on later..
    ILOVEBRUSH!!

I have been doing daily GESTURE drawings out and about for about a year, Well thats what I thought i was doing. I didn't read the tutorial on it properly, I didn't understand. I'd love to hear of any daily practices any of you do??Or any advice for gestures

Lesson learnt, UNDERSTAND fully what your going to put any real amount of time into. Only then can you BELIEVE in what you are making, and believe it is taking you where you want.

But now, i really really love expressive gesture drawings. The one thign that brought it all down was how incorrect the scribbles on the page looked. Simple answer is to make it look right at home, with a nice expressive BRUSHPEN

Nokiastar attachments will be coming to phone shopes near you soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More Designs on the underneath of my scoutbot from the top, experimenting with the surface design. All 4 are all too cluttered. This is because i was being stubborn and deciding I needed to include way more on these designs than is necessary. Less is more.

windy tree from memory and quick gestures of model planes.

I have been doing 5-10 minute sketches from memory of something I have seen
    I'd like to be able to use store ANYTHING i see in the world as reference for use later, I heard marko has this abilityand I am EXTREMELY envious.

Its changed the way I look at the world

And I'm going to try my very best to carry it on for .....hmm lets say the rest of my life... I am certain this is one of the best ways to get to where i want to be.

Last edited by Hazamataz; September 16th, 2005 at 07:19 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I've been wondering what a gesture drawing is...http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...189#post592189

Some quick sketches (1-3 min each) of objects around the house. I realise now that you'd be able to tell better if they were wrong if they were people. I will start sketching more people.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

More of what its all about these days. Concepts

practicing perspective.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Noooo, I missed the Enviroment of the Week Deadline by 10 minutes.

Ehh well it wasn't really finished anyway, Big lesson of today is, Less can be more, Start earlier,

Any crits or suggestions, as per usual GREATLY appriecieated and heeded. Come on people i NEED them!

The land of Ashteer is a reflection, it is an existence…on the other side. Earth is in its sights, only the view is cloudy.
    When King Rhael of Ashteer caught word of the Earth “Pavillions” he demanded his kingdom must have the grandest pavilion ever envisaged, he wanted to give his people the full earth experience. The result is the confused amalgamation of Human culture, from all different eras and time. Theres enough sights, smells and tastes, to be entertained for several lifetimes in the Pavillion. Enjoy…

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your advancing steadily. id say tht you have a good chance at a position in the field of arcitechture. class a concepts. just need to work on your figure sketches, but i think that environments and structures are your angles. good luck.

Woodruff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow that last digi paint was immense. So much there ... yet didnt over complicate the image. The lighting could play a huge part to sensationalise this image. Playing with the levels in photoshop would do the image wonders (for example the moonlight could catch certain areas so well. check out the water highlight next to the boat !!) .certain parts of the image i adore and it looks like each part is a whole concept by itself, love it !! i think the image is a little inconsistent in its line values. When working the lines to give perspecitive, the lines closer to the audience would be great darker as certian parts stick out to me that dont nessisarily need to (the flying zeplin to the left of the image for example). Sorry to critique so much as i dont nessisarly understand the chosen style lol phew ...

other sketchy works are great. I think the thought process is so strong !!! and i personally want to see your more organic works quickly sketched with a brush pen like ure gestural works (even maybe closing your eyes while drawing). this would give much to critique if the concepts where well thought out to begin with (which isnt a problem).

keep at it ...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehheh :p, If your wondering about the title, I have a part time ebay job.

"Tavern in the trees" Enviroment of the week

Was given a task to do a selfportrait for my art foundation. I'm hoping to go away and either make one final really good one, or improve these. But any feedback you'd like to give first would be greatly apprieciated

Smile!…

Mini quickies

Bigi quickies

What do you recon about the different angles/ expression, these would probably make a more interesting longer pose.

I finally managed to draw a smile, sickening i know…. :p
    hahaha, I look like a beaver, or dale winton. Enjoying it by now though

This is closest, lips are quite off though.

If I overlayed all these i might actually get something that looked like me. Hmmm...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe, the self portraits are great I can tell its you! I like how well you used the highlights on them and how lose some of them are. I'd think you should do more practicing drawing from real life, youre getting good at it so hopefully you will become a master soon! Some of the portraits lack a bit of emotion for me - you look like youre staring at someing quiet bored! But picture number 5 had more feeling in it! I would try doing some quick thumbnail pics of different expressions and then maybe do a final picture of one of the ones u like.

The first drawings on this page is my favourite BTW. Its really detailed and precise which I think suits you. Do more please!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good Comment Drafonkin, I am going to set myself longer cleaner pencil drawings now, I know I enjoy those more.

LONDON is simply magnificent, we went on a Art course trip there.

Did this on the motorway down there , yeah... i know its not clean and pencil :p

Sketches In Pub And An a Restaurant
    If any of you are ever in London, Look up a place called BI-WON. Korean fusion BBQ,
    Metal Chopsticks!, Sake! And you BBQ your own food on a grill! Equisite

BA Animation Degree COMPLETE :D, 04/06/09 More Pub Sketches

This is from the Tate gallery, By Frederic Leighton, this scultpture has to be seen to be felt, the struggle in it is simple INCREDIBLE.

He believed the best way for modern figure drawing to improve was through diligent line drawings of Roman Sculpture. I was totally inspired to make the top drawing after that. Crits on it would be much appreciated.

If I stayed in london, I'd make regular figure drawings of sculptures from these gallery's, The poses are definitly more interesting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe, the first page and the one from the pub are my favorites because its very busy in there, so fill up those white spaces! The movement is really suggested well. You may want to consider getting a bigger sketchpad so you can do even better work, I find it hard to get detail in small drawings or you could just fill a page with one drawing.

I like the idea of drawing from sculptures, it will help you develope your eye for detail, and shapes. And its a challenge to capture the feeling of their poses. The sculpture of the man wrestling a python had the guy looking really tense. You can see the tension in his arm and his muscles just think how can you show that in your work. Also did you see the concentration in his eyes? Whoa!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, this threads turned into a right Manchester love-in . Not been home in a couple of months (i'm a Bury boy) but it's nice to see some of the old landmarks. The library is particulary good, and you look like you're making great progress with your studies, but i would suggest doing more quick people studies to get a better handle on anatomy and form.

Keep posting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love that Mechabeetle house!
    Your self p. are good too. (When I do these, I turn out diffent each time...). You might want to try drawing yourself using 2 mirrors or something, so you wouldn't get used to do front views as s.p. (try different angles)
    Keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My friends and I are starting up a weekly sketch group, hopefully if we stick at it, we'd like to make it a manchester one, then a northern one, then the uk one, THEN WE W1LL CONKKERR TEHH WORDLDLD!!!!!1111onee!!

Sketching in cafe's on a freezing cold evening, is too good to be true. I could get used to this

My WIP for the fungal tunnel, I think its better atleast to attempt these than not at all, it all good practice coming up with kerrazeyy ideas
    BA Animation Degree COMPLETE :D, 04/06/09[IMG]

And some old developed doodlish things from my UNI notebook

Its Manchester! but not as you know it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some of the drawings of this week

whats that... "i'm not going to create an enviroment of the week, i've got too much uniwork"
    Eh, i couldnt help myself.

Woaah, this needs more space I think. And the sizes are inconsistent

5 hours on a coach....., why draw your self to somewhere else.

Carboot, a great source of concept art books!

Starbucks, £2 a life drawing session...er i meen cake.

Manchester Museum, This new pen is veeery nice, you have to really put thought behind each line, nothing can be forgiven and erased/smudged over. and it gliiiiides across the smooth grainless paper.

Manchester wishes it had an underground, this tram station will have to do..

Crits / comments would be awesome, proportions, suggestions, any improofments at all, even spelling

Last edited by Hazamataz; December 6th, 2005 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Hazamataz, I really like your reference studies, sitting in a cafe and drawing sounds like a good idea to me. I would say draw from reference as much as possible, especially anatomy.
    I really like one of the Egyptian releifs that you drew in the bottom left hand corner of your egyptian observations page. Have ago at looking at objects and drawing only the shadows you see and seeing them as just shapes. Keep drawing, I think its really good that you draw from life a lot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cheers Tullie! , i'll try the shapes for shadows practice. You reminded me, Me and my sketchinator friends want to start up a Manchester Weekly Sketchgroup, anyone who would want to join (monday has been the day for the past 3 weeks). Drop me a line, drawing with others can boost confidence by

thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii is much

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well here the update, I always find when I post less, my work slips off in to randomness that really isn’t develop far enough. But when I know its going to be seen, ZYWUMPH I get this boost of enthusiasm and perseverance.
    Conclusion : Your all amazing the whole CA.org community is.

FEED ME I’M HUNGRY FOR CRITS. :

Quick Practices with blue hands

I’m not sure if this belongs here, but I’d like to have a try out some matte painting, with these I leaned on using a lot of photography. The more I got into it, the more I can see how all the normal art skills are still just as necessary. Perspective ESPECIALLY.

Original House, my dad’s birth place A Christmassy gift

WIP An Intergalatic Space Market… hmmm …or maybe shopping center.

I’m not quite sure how to take the take the colours from here. I'm really not very happy with them, too much orange. Any suggestions? Composition, concept anything 

I've not been sure whether to throw all my stuff down here, rough doodles/ sketches from life. I guess the answer is to develop the drawings more until i'm proud to show em

Cheers!

Last edited by Hazamataz; December 29th, 2005 at 04:29 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Self Portrait time, its easier than going to life drawing

Liven things up a little, The winter has had me living in this hat, I put on an expression with it. Keeping an expression through drawing a SP is....well a challenge. Looks almost like me

WHERES MY TEEF, maybe a little chubby for me... maybe not after christmas

An for No aparent raisin, some old crap..really.

Sketch from life in cheshire. theres a million more of these in my sketch books, I hope they'll be useful at somepoint.

Will update more stuff from now on, it'll make me think about what i'm doing more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it seems to me like you have a lot of good stuff in your head- lots a fantasyyy! (not talking about fairies and green goblins here) but you have trouble conveying it. So keep practicing i think youre getting closer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hiya, I just saw your offer for the sketch group, haha thanks. would love to but Im at the other end of the country. Anyways, nice updates, seeing improvement already. keep at it!

If you always get up late, you'll never be on time --Broken Social Scene

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the comments,
    Krakel, i think your right, I'm going to plan out my ideas in thumbnails more, and do second drawings of concepts more.

Churning my way through loomis recently, he told me to use a ruler!...well for now
    http://www.saveloomis.org/successfuldrawing/41.htm

Speedpaint in....watercolour? what was i thinking. This might take some practice, this took an hour anyway

And to prove your point about the unclear sketches

Doodles...

To those of you who have sketchbooks, do you post everything you draw?
    To anyone...do you find you make alot of drawings that never get finished and seem to serve little purpose?
    Well I figure if i start putting everything out into the world, i'll take more care and put more thought into this process

Bare with me

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good start I'd definitely get a hold of some anatomy books, and do some volume studies, don't get in to the finickky bits 'til you've gotthe basics down.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Huge variety of subjects and media here. Looks like your trying to study everything at once. I don't blaim you, there is just too much stuff to learn . It might work a little better though if you focus on things in clumps. Do a page of perspective studies, do a series of color experiments, etc.. I like the series of heads you did in November, and the texture studies in your first post. Your definitely heading in the right direction

[Always remember that if a topic seems uninteresting, then it's just because you are picturing a solution that lacks vigor.] - William b. Hand

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.