Didn't there used to be a wish list for Painter?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Didn't there used to be a wish list for Painter?

Well, any way it occured to me that a Signature tool would be very cool.

First you'd launch Signature Designer where you would make and save a signature. This signature could also have meta data attached and even a watermark IN the signature itself.

Later you just click some option and a dialog box pops up asking which signature to use and where. You could set it up so that it's always the same and automatically appears on your work or whatever.

Sometimes I do sketch work and forget to sign it and put it out there before catching it. Bad habbit I know. But that lead me to this idea.

Now I suppose I should have kept this idea to myself and developed a plug-in but I'll never get around to that so anyone who wants can go for it. Uh, just send me a copy for free. (I use Painter 8.1)

Peace, Love and Harmony... I could never get them all into bed at the same time!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

It sounds good in principle...

Someone set me up something like this in photoshop as a 'batch' action - just drag pics onto an icon, and they come out copyrighted and signed! Brilliant!

Unfortunately, I used it to automatically sign a bunch of pics that were being sent out by the company I was freelancing for for publicity purposes, including one that had some elements that weren't entirely mine. Then no-one checked them, and they went to Canne...

Obviously that wasn't the fault of the program, just muppetry on my part, but you can imagine how it looked. I nearly got fired. And I mean REALLY nearly...

So maybe automatic signing isn't such a good idea after all...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm, well, as an artist at home and not batch signing it would be kinda neat. I was thinking of it as a tool on the tool bar and you could only use it on the piece that was open and selected.

If set to automatically sign the work then a dialog box confirming it should be used and only as part of the save process. If there is already a signature then then it won't sign the work nor allow you to sign it.

I think that the problem you had was that the batch process was too alluring and easy and some work got done that perhaps should not have. Did I read that right?

Peace, Love and Harmony... I could never get them all into bed at the same time!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question ... just my two cents

dude, just my two cents... although the idea sounds cool for busy artist, but, i really don't think the signature is the way to stop scummy sh#t copy others' art work, it's the law and system that fails artists.
    put it this way, we often see people (obviously) copy other's art work and some even makes good profit, but most of them often get away from such crime pretty easily... as long as they made minor changes, with few tough lawyers to back them up.
    in order to protect artists and their art work, we must improve the current system, get rid of the copy-shit (so call "copycat", but they bring shame to the name of this beautiful animal, therefore, i preferred to call them "copyshit") once and for all~~ #=_=.

Cheers, and happy painting.

L.L.

i want to improve... please teach me!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm..I was just browsing for the wish list heh...wandered across this...

The original Wish List thread: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6548

Of course...it's over 2 years old so I think posting in that would be a bit of a necroposting thing .

--------

The signature thing (even though I'm replying to this about 2-3 weeks after you posted it) - would be neat...although yea, signatures and watermarks aren't a big deterrent anymore for people unfortunately .

--------

The reason I was looking for the wishlist thread though is I kinda wandered across an idea tonight that I would find very useful... Using the Numpad to control color.

Here's the idea & mechanics (and yes, this would involve removing the ability of the numpad to control tool opacity):

Here's the numpad:
    num / * -
    7 8 9 +
    4 5 6
    1 2 3 enter
    0 .

Basically this could be set up to control the hue, saturation, and value of the tool...

hue controlled by num4 & num6
    saturation controlled by num8 & num2
    value controlled by num+ & num-

.25% incremental shift per tap of the key (if held down it'd slowly move along the proper path)

the nice thing about setting up like this is that it does add some more keyboard use, but this also allows the mapping of color change to a tablet like an Intuos 3 (so you can draw, while changing the color without having to move the tool across the tablet to the pallette)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a quick note regarding the signature thing.

I never intended it to be something that would stop crime since it couldn't do anything that can't already be done. What it would do is somewhat automate the process and allow you to work on a cool custom signature and then paste it on your work on it's own layer without it cluttering the layers pallet. You could make several signatures for use with different styles or for multiple artists (password protected as an option?).

When you save Painter could tell if the work has been signed or not and could ask you if you want it signed or not.

It would be just a little side utility. Maybe someone could make a plug-in.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.