speed painting and more!!!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

working on painting faster and loser
    then tight but quick detail
    1.5 to 2 hrs tonite painter8
    im pretty happy with it
    i wanted to create more of a painterly feel

and a detail
    i would love some helpful critiques
    but remember it was meant to be sketchy and fast
    so dont lose yer damn mind with nit picking fine details
    hahahah

Last edited by trevor; August 26th, 2005 at 04:40 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ive been going to this weekly sketch group
    above is what i did tonite last thursday was this
    i having a block and waylon gave me
    this topic: giraffe eater
    i just thought it was funny so i threw it in here
    hope you get a laugh

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm really digging how you painted the torso in the first one. However I'm a little confused as to what is going on with the light source? But then again I'm easily cunfused

nice work though. Let's see some more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanx bm (ew?)
    yer avatar makes me wanna fuck up the warriors
    and the light source was not well thought out
    im guessing upper right with lots of ambient light
    in the bg
    but i would love some critiques on my tech in painter... maybe some brush suggestions or perhaps advice on how to make some custom brushes as so many folks use them professionally

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow nobody cares
    i guess ill just keep posting stuff as i do it
    1hr this morning
    head

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Amazing what sometimes passes for Finally Finished in here...

~M

Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha, yeah these are looking good, but he does kinda have a point....there are multiple speedpaint threads in the sketches and WIP section, and really that's where these should be

Good stuff though, don't get me wrong...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these are in fact finished and not sketches
    i beleive if you read anything i have written you would know that
    and its not as if i'm new here
    ive been around for quite a while
    so lecturing me on the what YOU deem
    as unfinished is just plain ridiculous
    i beleive these as technique studies are as finished as they need to be

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think these are fine in the finished section. collections of good finished speedies are as good to look at as a single finished longer peice.

really nice work for speedies. i'd love to see what you can do on a longer term project. the last rhino-thing, the top bit of its head looks like its facing a different way from the horn. you need to work on the way light falls but other than that well done.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,198 Times in 254 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I personally really enjoy your work, espically the creature head(which has prespective issues but i'm sure you can see that).

I'm alittle disappointed with the amount of artists who MUST post their work either in the Finally Finished section or in their Sketchbooks. There is a WIP and Sketch section for things JUST like this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor
    these are in fact finished and not sketches
    i beleive if you read anything i have written you would know that
    and its not as if i'm new here
    ive been around for quite a while
    so lecturing me on the what YOU deem
    as unfinished is just plain ridiculous
    i beleive these as technique studies are as finished as they need to be
    They may be "Completed", trevor, but NO they are NOT all "finished," by the criteria of Concept Art. Presentation Quality only, not sketches are to go into Finally Finished...

"Presentation Quality" are the words you should be keeping in mind.
    The first one IS Finished, and is a very nice piece.
    Your "giraffe eater" is a doodle from a weekly sketch group, "so i threw it in here..." Your own words, Bucko....
    The last one...
    wow nobody cares
    i guess ill just keep posting stuff as i do it
    1hr this morning
    head
    Well, gee. Evidently somebody DOES care, and a 1 hour head sketch with a CRAPPY half-background got this moved where it belongs.

Finally Finished, just like the rest of CA, is NOT your personal "online art refrigerator" for you to post any and every sketch, scribble, and doodle that you come up with, no matter HOW interesting YOU think they are.

Thank you davi, for moving this to a more appropriate area, although I would also add that anything more than three separate posts of Sketches/WIPs in a single thread actually belongs over in the Sketchbooks area...(meaning, trevor, start a new thread for your next uploads...hint, hint)

Oh, and By the Way...If it takes you less than 15 minutes to create your doodle of the day, go post it in Speedpainting. It does NOT belong in WIPs or Critique unless there is honestly enough effort put into it to warrant our time to look at it...

~M

Last edited by madster; August 27th, 2005 at 01:18 PM.
    I am The Choosen One!

On an attack ship on fire, off the shoulder of Orion....
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by madster
    They may be "Completed", trevor, but NO they are NOT all "finished," by the criteria of Concept Art. Presentation Quality only, not sketches are to go into Finally Finished...

"Presentation Quality" are the words you should be keeping in mind.
    The first one IS Finished, and is a very nice piece.
    Your "giraffe eater" is a doodle from a weekly sketch group, "so i threw it in here..." Your own words, Bucko....
    The last one...Well, gee. Evidently somebody DOES care, and a 1 hour head sketch with a CRAPPY half-background got this moved where it belongs.

Finally Finished, just like the rest of CA, is NOT your personal "online art refrigerator" for you to post any and every sketch, scribble, and doodle that you come up with, no matter HOW interesting YOU think they are.

Thank you davi, for moving this to a more appropriate area, although I would also add that anything more than three separate posts of Sketches/WIPs in a single thread actually belongs over in the Sketchbooks area...(meaning, trevor, start a new thread for your next uploads...hint, hint)

Oh, and By the Way...If it takes you less than 15 minutes to create your doodle of the day, go post it in Speedpainting. It does NOT belong in WIPs or Critique unless there is honestly enough effort put into it to warrant our time to look at it...

~M
    Madster, why do you care?

"Undermine their pompous authority, reject their moral standards, make anarchy and disorder your trademarks. Cause as much chaos and disruption as possible but don’t let them take you ALIVE"

-Sid Vicious

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What does that matter to YOU, Woodrodious?
    You are not the "sheriff" around here to decide who can post which opinions that YOU decide are "worthy."

YOU always have the same option to comment or critique on any piece of art posted here, good or bad.
    YOU always have the option to complain to a Forum Moderator if you feel that I, or any other member is somehow "wrong" or "out of place" with their replies.
    YOU always have the option to NOT click on a thread showing that I was the latest reply.
    YOU always have the HEARTILY ENCOURAGED option to add my name to your "Ignore" list under your Personal Options for this site, so that any reply or post I make will not even appear on your monitor screen.

No one makes you read my comments, and no one makes you CHOOSE to be affected by them. That you seem to think that YOU are the spokesman for others to whom I reply to is, in my opinion, the ultimate in pomposity, but, hey...whatever floats your personal boat to make you think you're important...

Please stop hijacking threads by others to attempt to confront me because YOU do not approve of me, or my personal methods of critiquing. Take it to a Forum Moderator, and then let those running this site handle the situation.

I have as much privilege and right to post my opinions on this website as ANY OTHER MEMBER, and YOU do NOT have the privilege or right to censor me, because this is NOT YOUR website, and since YOU do NOT pay for the Bandwidth, it is NOT your place to dictate the actions of others, myself in particular...

It's called "Chain of Command." I suggest you learn to follow it.
    Perhaps your Sid Viscious quote reflects more upon you, than the world you perceive, because YOU are the pompous one, wheras I seem to be the one living that quote...

~M

Last edited by madster; August 27th, 2005 at 02:37 PM.
    I am The Choosen One!

On an attack ship on fire, off the shoulder of Orion....
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

I never said it was Madster, I only asked a question. Why do you exude such a ridiculous amount of your energy attempting to ensure that every piece of art posted in this forum is placed in it's "appropriate" subcategory? You know that the mods are just going to move it if they don't think it belongs there, so why do you start foaming at the mouth every time a thread begins in a forum you deem inapproriate for it? Again, you have the right to do whatever you want, but I'm going to exercise my right to give you a suggestion. Chill it with the bureaucracy bs.

As for the speed paintings, I like them quite a bit, especially the first. The muscle tone is executed quite well, it deserves a background for sure. On the giraffe eater, it seems like the light source of the sky is reversed, since his shadowed side is facing the light. (However, his shadow is casting in the correct direction.) I like the head design of the 3rd, however the complete profile angle you've given the face looks a little odd to me. I think it might have looked a bit more natural if the head were turned towards us just slightly. Anyways, nice speed paintings, any of these could be turned into successful finished pieces.

It's called "Chain of Command." I suggest you learn to follow it. Perhaps your Sid Viscious quote reflects more upon you, than the world you perceive, because YOU are the pompous one, wheras I seem to be the one living that quote...
    Chain of command? What the hell are you talking about? If you're talking about the mods, well then yeah, let them do their jobs. You aren't a mod Madster.

As far as my signature goes, I doubt Sid Vicious would give a shit where art goes in an internet forum. A little bureaucratic for his tastes.

Last edited by Woodrodius; August 27th, 2005 at 03:49 PM.
    "Undermine their pompous authority, reject their moral standards, make anarchy and disorder your trademarks. Cause as much chaos and disruption as possible but don’t let them take you ALIVE"

-Sid Vicious

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And, Woodrodious, I asked in return, what concern is it of YOURS???? Thanks for your suggestion, but the original issue is still why YOU think YOU have the right to tell ME, or anyone else how to behave HERE on a forum NOT yours, or, heaven forbid, elsewhere upon this planet...

"Chill", yourself, with the bossy suggestions regarding MY behaviour. They have NO place in SOMEONE ELSE's thread, or can't you comprehend that???
    Take it to a Forum Moderator as a PM or E-mail. STOP hijacking threads simply to express your "suggestions" to ME...

Speedpaintings have a very well Sticky marked place in this Forum, and have no need to be here, MUCH LESS in Finally Finished. Simply reading a bit, and following the rules intended for ALL members will make things SO much smoother...

~M

I am The Choosen One!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like the first picture a lot, but his body doesn't look right at all, for how toned his muscles are, the shape of his body seems wrong, plus his body seems tube shape, whereas a human male form that well built sort of has an almost upside down triange shape to it...
    The crow sitting by him is great, love it. Plus the guys face is good.

The girraffe eater is brilliant, i did laugh, great stuff...

plus, i know i'm new here and stuff, and i dont know or try to understand, but i read through this thread and this "madster" is clearly having PMT right now...
    that or he really needs to chill out, and pull his head out of his own ass...
    But thats not on thread topic so whatever.

Good stuff trevor

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by StitChes
    plus, i know i'm new here and stuff, and i dont know or try to understand, but i read through this thread and this "madster" is clearly having PMT right now...
    that or he really needs to chill out, and pull his head out of his own ass...
    But thats not on thread topic so whatever.
    PMT??? Post MORON Trauma??? Damn, another bright bear WhinyBaby makes an appearance!
    Take it to a moderator, StitChes... or can't you comprehend, either???

~M

I am The Choosen One!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow you have some serious issues
    i am now regrettably going to stop using this entire forum due to assholes like you
    nothing constructive in any goddamn thing you have to say
    what a shame
    oh and by the way oh one who is "way too smart for his own good"
    where is your art? are you afraid to show it or something?
    no site no art posts just a lot of bitching
    your really quite clever!

Last edited by trevor; August 27th, 2005 at 04:29 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You alright madster? Why do you have to act like you're a step up on everyone?

And regrdless of where these pieces "belong", I think there's some great stuff here. They're obviously sketches so I'm not gonna go into any BS about how terrible the backround is on the dinosaur head, because it obviously wasn't his focus. I really like the giraffe eater, just the colors and values you used on the monster (looks like you used 2 diff colors but it works very well IMO). You seem to have a real understanding of how color changes in different light. Keep posting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hmm

well Trevor (thats my name too bytheway) i think these are amazing works. Especially if they were speedies.

Its interesting how you took the giraffe eater and made it onto that thing, its awesome! haha

I also see the light source in the first one, u dont always have just one light source.

anyways whatever mad's problem is is their own problem, not ours, if they want to rant and rave over someone's artwork, then i believe they have issues of their own. While we can just have fun doing our art.

keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I didn't say I though it should be moved. I only said it was interesting what passed for "Finally Finished."

That is not insulting, nor worthy of a Moderator chewing me out in public (YET AGAIN), rather than using the very same PM system that everyone else is expected to use, but which I am told to not bother with...

Interesting double standard developing here, don't you think???

And, yes, I DO think you as a Moderator, are singling me out, in comparison to some other replies and comments on these boards...

~M

I am The Choosen One!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    O_O!!!!!!!! madster use the goddammed PM for this stuff. you keep ruining threads, and your objective opinions for some threads ARE useffull.

Trevor; your work is impressive and original, i hope you undestand why it was moved, please post more in a different thread if you want

This thread is not for the unworthy pics, is only that the finished seccion ask for impresive full compositions and stuff like that

I love all this, grat color and undestanding of light, please post more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow. . . really sorry to see a new poster flee from a forum due to stupidity. This entire post lost it's purpose and it's a sad thing.

I honeslty have to say regardless of where it was posted, regardless of the actions members took, I personally enjoyed trevor's work and would like to see more. I'm sure he could get some REAL critiques and learn some things from the non-jerk offs.

Good luck in your future, come back sometime.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Trevor,

just one thing on the Giraffe eater. I would suggest that you put the giraffe a little bit to the right side so that doesnt seems to be part of giraffe eater's leg. I like your stuff. Come back sometimes

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finished sketches and shorter studies arent really allowed in the finnally finished section, but I really like this work.
    Theres a certain energy in the background of the image but not much of it goes into the actual main figure. Also, I like the way you did the arms but the bright saturated spots take alot of attention from the image.
    The giraffe eater is great, I like the colors you used and the subtle texture in the stomach neck-ish area.
    The last one is the weakest of the 3 imo primaraly due to the perspective. The eye looks like it in 3/4, the top jaw looks like its in profile and the bottom jaw looks like its coming straight at you.
    Good work and I hope you keep posting here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i am now regrettably going to stop using this entire forum due to assholes like you

NOOOOO!!!

Aw dude, don't let him get you down. You're still a rockstar in my mind

You're work is looking stellar by the way, you're doing great things with painter. Keep it up.

Are you still planning to move to NYC or something?

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Despite all the drama in this thread, Trevor, I just wanted to comment that I like the first.

The arms look like chess pieces. A little distracting to the piece, although original. Colors look great.

Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodrodius
    Madster, why do you care?
    Madster is a pathetic troll. i think everyone should put him on ignore. such a sad little man, getting angry at people for questioning his policing techniques. hahahahah. it's kinda depressing really-this poor guy's speedpainting thread is stolen by some pasty internet addicted middle-aged social outcast. i love how you seem to have all the time in the world to spend on overblown replies to inquiries like the one above, and insulting as many noobie artists as you possibly can, and none on actually improving your own weak art skillz. get a life, loser.

try going outside and getting some sun, go on vacation with your wife(if you really have one, and not just some picture of kelly clarkson), go back to school and get your 3rd degree. you seem to spend so much time on this website, i find that anything you've revealed of your actual life is highly dubious. so besides coming off as an asshole, you also invite the label of LIAR to your name. good job clown.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, this thread is basically not annoying at all with madster on my ignore list.

I self-published a book on the fundamentals of drawing from life.

http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-D...8951905&sr=8-1

http://www.endlessunlimited.com

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.