Thanks
    I only have a few songs by them but I like them enough (Acid Moon is cool, I like that song). I can't seem to find any of their CDs in stores though You got any recommendations on what their best stuff is?
    Finn | my sketchbook thread | tumblr | Bēhance | gorillaartfare | whiskey, gin, and pints of beer

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Anybody into Juno Reactor????

I really dig there trance/electronic vibe. It has that "Matrix" feel to it. I'm new to their stuff, so any recommendations would be great!

Thanks
    Their stuff gets repetitive as all hell after a while.

Thanks
    Juno did has a bunch of songs on the matrix soundtracks, that could be why. They're pretty good, but I can't listen to them for long, it does get a little boring.

Thanks
    I have two of their albums, the most recent one, Labyrinth, and their second most recent, Bible Of Dreams.

Labyrinth is, sadly, a near complete re-hash of the the Matrix soundtrack. Including some songs that I think they weren't involved with at all, or at least are so blatantly from the matrix soundtrack, that it sounds like they did nothing more than add a repetitive beat, and some strategic tribal drum sounds.

As vindictive as that may sound, I do like them, and their latest cd does boast some great original work, like Angels and Men, as well as conquistador pt. 1 & conquistador pt.2, both of which have a very ethereal, otherworldly sound.

Their second most recent CD, Bible of Dreams, is to my knowledge, the basis for much of their work on the matrix soundtracks. One track, Conga Fury is the song that plays during the sparring sequence in the Animatrix short "Final Flight of the Osiris".

Their sound is characterized by their use of various tribal, even archaic drum sounds, as well as other vocal and instrumental samplings of the same order. In terms of Genre, it most typically falls under the heading of "trance", mainly because of it's earlier works, which are purely electronic.

I hope their next CD is a little more original. Not to say that this one was terrible. It was their music, but we'd already heard it. and for 5 of the 9 tracks on their new album to be straight out of their work on the matrix soundtrack, it seemed silly not to say that somewhere on the album. Or for it to be sort of an EP, showcasing a reiteration and reinterpretation of their matrix work.

Anyway, I got both of those CD's off of bittorrent. So, they're definitely around somewhere. If you're just going to get a single track or two, I suggest conga fury, from bible of dreams, or conquistador 1 & 2 from labyrinth.

Thanks
    I've just recently got into them, and I have to say they are the most innovative and fresh trance group I've ever heard. Currently, I have Labryinth and Masters of the Universe, which are both great. But, I do have to agree with Paul on the fact that Labyrinth is repetitive. I'm getting Bibles of the Universe now, so I hope that'll be good.

Thanks
    I'm not a big fan of electronic music but they have their style witch I dig and I love the Matrix OST tracks like "burly brawl" or "tetsujin". I think I'll look for one of their albums to give their music a closer look.
    Sketchbook
    Sketch(up)book
    Blog
    Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------------
    TEAM CHOW - Nasty Sausages
    ------------------------------------------------------
    CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:
    The Ocean Collective

Thanks
    My faves are Guardian Angel, Hotaka, Master of the Universe, Conga Fury, plus some tracks from the Matrix soundtrack, like, Navras and Mona Lisa Overdrive. I love listening to that kind of music cuz it makes you imagine all kinds of stuff. It might serve as some cool inspiration.

Thanks
    For more info their record label:
    http://www.metropolis-records.com/artists/?artist=juno

It's fun to see that they come from the psytrance/goa scene but have evolved almost entirely out of this style. Goa heads still like them a lot.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    Bah.. i read "Anybody into Junon Reactor" and thought this was a final fantasy VII discussion.

Thanks
    LoL I've made the same mistake before.

As for Juno Reactor...I can't listen to them for very long. They're not bad, but they aren't great in my books.
    [][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>