Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 72
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    D.C. Suburbs
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Question Any hip-hop heads on these boards?

    Anyone?

    What do you listen to?
    "If you can fill the unforgiving minute...."-Kipling


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,925
    Thanks
    410
    Thanked 273 Times in 205 Posts
    I listen to some undahground shi!t ! Ya know wat I'm sayin?!?!

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,912
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 28 Times in 21 Posts
    Jurassic 5, NWA, Ice Cube, Dre, Eazy E, 2pac, Run DMC, 50 Cent etc.
    Lotta old school stuff. And you?

  5. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    D.C. Suburbs
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asoir
    Jurassic 5, NWA, Ice Cube, Dre, Eazy E, 2pac, Run DMC, 50 Cent etc.
    Lotta old school stuff. And you?
    I grew up listening to those guys you mentioned. I like some of 50's stuff. You get into any Slick Rick? I think I'm more of an underground guy myself.

    patdzon - What underground artist do you listen to?
    "If you can fill the unforgiving minute...."-Kipling

  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,912
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 28 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J-boogie
    I grew up listening to those guys you mentioned. I like some of 50's stuff. You get into any Slick Rick? I think I'm more of an underground guy myself.

    patdzon - What underground artist do you listen to?
    I was looking everywhere for Slick Rick, I couldn't really find anything, I think he was in a song which I really liked but can't find any of his stuff.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,925
    Thanks
    410
    Thanked 273 Times in 205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J-boogie
    I grew up listening to those guys you mentioned. I like some of 50's stuff. You get into any Slick Rick? I think I'm more of an underground guy myself.

    patdzon - What underground artist do you listen to?

    well, to be honest, I dont listen to it a lot, but I do like Mos Def and the Black Eyed Peas.

    Word to your mother! 8)

  8. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,912
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 28 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patdzon
    well, to be honest, I dont listen to it a lot, but I do like Mos Def and the Black Eyed Peas.

    Word to your mother! 8)
    Man, I hate Black Eyed Peas...something about them just annoys me, same with Outkast, ARGH.
    Mos Def's ok though.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,925
    Thanks
    410
    Thanked 273 Times in 205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asoir
    Man, I hate Black Eyed Peas...something about them just annoys me, same with Outkast, ARGH.
    Mos Def's ok though.

    Haha, I think they have great beats, I only listen to the Elefunk album though. But Outkast, I dont like.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    D.C. Suburbs
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asoir
    Man, I hate Black Eyed Peas...something about them just annoys me, same with Outkast, ARGH.
    Mos Def's ok though.
    I can take outkast, but can't stand BEP. Mos Def is my fav right now.
    "If you can fill the unforgiving minute...."-Kipling

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    3,023
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 157 Times in 150 Posts
    I like outkast...first two albums..ATLiens and Aquemeni, after that they kinda lost it for me. Mos Def is cool... Nowadays I listen to 2pac (Loyal to the Game), Freddie Foxxx, Dilated Peoples, Jill Scott, Goodie Mob, Roots Manuva, The Roots, Talib Kweli, Saul Williams (Amethyst Rockstar, even though that album is kinda hard to place..heh... More Slam poetry than anything else.. any of ya'll seen Slam btw?), Jay Z (The Black Album). Those were the ones on top of my head.. If I go diggin' in the crates there's a ton more I listen to..hehe.

    peace

    d-C

  12. #11
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,912
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 28 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dCepT
    I like outkast...first two albums..ATLiens and Aquemeni, after that they kinda lost it for me. Mos Def is cool... Nowadays I listen to 2pac (Loyal to the Game), Freddie Foxxx, Dilated Peoples, Jill Scott, Goodie Mob, Roots Manuva, The Roots, Talib Kweli, Saul Williams (Amethyst Rockstar, even though that album is kinda hard to place..heh... More Slam poetry than anything else.. any of ya'll seen Slam btw?), Jay Z (The Black Album). Those were the ones on top of my head.. If I go diggin' in the crates there's a ton more I listen to..hehe.

    peace

    d-C
    Dilated Peoples have some sweet tracks, also, couldn't really find much Freddie Foxx stuff.

  13. #12
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    D.C. Suburbs
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dCepT
    I like outkast...first two albums..ATLiens and Aquemeni, after that they kinda lost it for me. Mos Def is cool... Nowadays I listen to 2pac (Loyal to the Game), Freddie Foxxx, Dilated Peoples, Jill Scott, Goodie Mob, Roots Manuva, The Roots, Talib Kweli, Saul Williams (Amethyst Rockstar, even though that album is kinda hard to place..heh... More Slam poetry than anything else.. any of ya'll seen Slam btw?), Jay Z (The Black Album). Those were the ones on top of my head.. If I go diggin' in the crates there's a ton more I listen to..hehe.

    peace

    d-C
    Okay you're getting more into my neighborhood. Freddie Foxx is ridiculous. A correction though. Kast's first two albums were Southernplayalisticadillacmusik and Atliens. Their very first one is nice. Kind of reminds me of Pharcyde a little. Jay-Z The black album is one of my favorites too. Did you like the last Roots album?
    "If you can fill the unforgiving minute...."-Kipling

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,182
    Thanks
    524
    Thanked 320 Times in 90 Posts
    Murs & slug - Felt 2 is the hip hop album of the year.

    I'm a big fan of lots of stuff... del tha funky homosapien, hieroglyphics, atmosphere, murs, aesop rock, mf doom, mr. lif, black star(mos+talib), dr. octagon, handsome boy modeling school, etc.

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    606
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 445 Times in 24 Posts
    felt 2 is that good sinix? might have to pick it up. i like the first one.

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    2,443
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 99 Times in 47 Posts
    deltron3030!!

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Santa Rosa/San Anselmo, Calif.
    Posts
    3,391
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked 418 Times in 161 Posts
    bout time someone started a hip hop thread...

    I like a lot of old school and rare hard-to-find stuff, I get bored of the mainstream and near-mainstream stuff that comes out nowadays..

    stuff ive been listening to lately, i dont even know if most people have heard of a lot of it:

    Basik - At The Mercy of the City
    Bleu Collar - Bleu Collar
    Question Mark Asylum
    The Cuf - Cuf Daddy, Cufilation
    The Goats - Tricks of the Shade
    The Grouch - Fuck the Dumb, They Dont have This
    A Tribe Called Quest - First 3 albums
    Redman - Dare Iz A Darkside
    King Britt - Adventures in Lo Fi
    Polyrhythmaddicts, anything Dj spinna related

    I can sit here and name names all day.. Ill have to look for Felt 2, been loving Murs for a while.. Freddie Foxx is dope, one of my all time favorites.. so's the 1st 2 Outkast albums.. aquemini was alright, they went off the deep end after that

  18. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,182
    Thanks
    524
    Thanked 320 Times in 90 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prostate sunrise
    felt 2 is that good sinix? might have to pick it up. i like the first one.
    Yes, it's that good. Everyone I've made listen to it simply loves it. It's definitely better than the first one, and I love the original too. It's on another level.

  19. #18
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hella haart hip-hop:
    I'm a big fan of anything on Stones Throw Records, i.e. Quasimoto, MF DOOM, Madlib, M.E.D.
    I also like Common (especially the new album) as well as Talib Kweli and a lot of different DJs (Krush, Dangermouse, Format).

    By the way, does anybody know anything about the new MF DOOM/Dangermouse CD. I can't really find any good info and didn't know if anybody had read anything.

  20. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,440
    Thanks
    167
    Thanked 95 Times in 74 Posts
    I can't believe noone's mentioned Wu Tang here.

  21. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nor cal
    Posts
    622
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    if you're into tribe then you should definately check out little brother, they're sick. if you like that east coast wu tang style check out mood doom. also an absolute must is madlib, he's done a bunch of remixs of old blue note recordings. I've gots lots of random shit from binary star to quasimoto, but can't really recomend an album just mp3s...

    oh yeah and a really good slick rick song is "children's story"

  22. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    450
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Road 7
    I hella haart hip-hop:
    I'm a big fan of anything on Stones Throw Records, i.e. Quasimoto, MF DOOM, Madlib, M.E.D.
    I also like Common (especially the new album) as well as Talib Kweli and a lot of different DJs (Krush, Dangermouse, Format).

    By the way, does anybody know anything about the new MF DOOM/Dangermouse CD. I can't really find any good info and didn't know if anybody had read anything.
    great taste man, im a big fan of quasimoto (loved his first one and love the second one despite the mixed reviews), madlib (madvilliany is a classic) lootpack, mf doom ( i have yet to check out operation doomsday, they should rerelease it), little brother, , common (saw him live in vegas at the house of blues, dope!) de la soul, pharcyde, el-p,company flow, dj shadow, dj krush, latyrx, dan the automator...anticon has some dope shit too...to many to name

    here is a link for the dangermouse cd if u havent seen already http://www.dangerdoom.com/

  23. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Santa Rosa/San Anselmo, Calif.
    Posts
    3,391
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked 418 Times in 161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackalAnubis
    if you're into tribe then you should definately check out little brother, they're sick. if you like that east coast wu tang style check out mood doom. also an absolute must is madlib, he's done a bunch of remixs of old blue note recordings. I've gots lots of random shit from binary star to quasimoto, but can't really recomend an album just mp3s...

    oh yeah and a really good slick rick song is "children's story"
    I have all of that.. new little brother comes out september 13.. madlib's blue note thing is nice.. i wasnt all that into the new quasimodo, especially since he raised the bar so high with the first one, i think his brother Oh No's album The Disrupt is way better.. MED's album is good too.. i think he does better in collaborations.. Mood - Doom is pretty old now, maybe like 98? talib was still really underground.. good reccommendations there

  24. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    385
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i be likin the new kanye joint,mos def,nas'stillmatic album,canadians mood ruff...


  25. #24
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    D.C. Suburbs
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Main Loop
    bout time someone started a hip hop thread...

    I like a lot of old school and rare hard-to-find stuff, I get bored of the mainstream and near-mainstream stuff that comes out nowadays..

    stuff ive been listening to lately, i dont even know if most people have heard of a lot of it:

    Basik - At The Mercy of the City
    Bleu Collar - Bleu Collar
    Question Mark Asylum
    The Cuf - Cuf Daddy, Cufilation
    The Goats - Tricks of the Shade
    The Grouch - Fuck the Dumb, They Dont have This
    A Tribe Called Quest - First 3 albums
    Redman - Dare Iz A Darkside
    King Britt - Adventures in Lo Fi
    Polyrhythmaddicts, anything Dj spinna related

    I can sit here and name names all day.. Ill have to look for Felt 2, been loving Murs for a while.. Freddie Foxx is dope, one of my all time favorites.. so's the 1st 2 Outkast albums.. aquemini was alright, they went off the deep end after that
    I'm with you on Tribe and I remember QMA. Some of the other ones have lost me. I tend to be up on DJ Spinna. I have Strange games and things, Brazil funk, The beat suite, Heavy beats(love the Kweli/Apani B. jawn). I need to get deeper into that underground ish. Mainstream tends to give me a headache these days unless I'm dancing to it. I have to admit though, Kanye Diamonds and Gold Digga are listenable. I'll probably buy "late registration".


    "If you can fill the unforgiving minute...."-Kipling

  26. #25
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    D.C. Suburbs
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackalAnubis
    if you're into tribe then you should definately check out little brother, they're sick. if you like that east coast wu tang style check out mood doom. also an absolute must is madlib, he's done a bunch of remixs of old blue note recordings. I've gots lots of random shit from binary star to quasimoto, but can't really recomend an album just mp3s...

    oh yeah and a really good slick rick song is "children's story"
    "Childrens Story" is classic. My favorite is "Mona Lisa" though. Little Brother is one of my favorites. The listening is a nice album.
    "If you can fill the unforgiving minute...."-Kipling

  27. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    nor cal
    Posts
    622
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Main Loop
    Mood - Doom is pretty old now, maybe like 98?
    shit really? I only heard of them a couple years ago. another cd worth picking up is urchin, its just beats but some cool stuff none the less. here's a random song I heard while in canada, I'm not really feeling the rapping but the beat is pretty sic skratch bastid

  28. #27
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA US
    Posts
    1,127
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 78 Times in 51 Posts
    I'm not heavy into this shit but there is some stuff I enjoy a lot - Eyedea & Abilities, Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, Mr. Lif, El P, Immortal Technique, Blueprint (Soul Position), some Wu-Tang, plus a bunch of other stuff I've heard but I havent gotten my hands on.
    Cave House Studios - creative animation and video
    What the Sketchbook

  29. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Santa Rosa/San Anselmo, Calif.
    Posts
    3,391
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked 418 Times in 161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackalAnubis
    shit really? I only heard of them a couple years ago. another cd worth picking up is urchin, its just beats but some cool stuff none the less. here's a random song I heard while in canada, I'm not really feeling the rapping but the beat is pretty sic skratch bastid
    hmm i think ive heard of this guy, or at least who he runs with.. you should check out birdapres if youre into this style.. he's pretty good

  30. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Ca
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    hip hop

    These days I've been bumpin

    aesop rock
    old school Too $hort
    beatnuts
    el-p
    busdriver
    sol
    themselves
    Easy mothafuckin E


    check my stuff out at www.digitaleyesoar.com/

  31. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    990
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
    i┤m not your typical hip hop head but im listening to nas , gza, mobb depp and that stuff alot.

    maybe hip hop is the only reason for me to be sad that english ain't my mother language.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SketchBook: That fat kid's a lonely, old man on these boards.....
    By That fat kid in forum Sketchbooks
    Replies: 1290
    Last Post: August 7th, 2011, 01:32 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: April 14th, 2006, 02:49 AM
  3. Hello, new to the boards
    By estaples in forum Artist Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 22nd, 2004, 03:22 PM
  4. Art: a couple more boards
    By fredflickstone in forum Finished Art
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 27th, 2003, 11:20 PM
  5. Art: -=New to the Boards=-
    By McGibs in forum Finished Art
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 11th, 2003, 05:28 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Designed by The Coldest Water, we build the coldest best water bottles, ice packs and best pillows.