Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

Question Any hip-hop heads on these boards?

Anyone?

What do you listen to?
    "If you can fill the unforgiving minute...."-Kipling

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I listen to some undahground shi!t ! Ya know wat I'm sayin?!?!

Thanks
    Jurassic 5, NWA, Ice Cube, Dre, Eazy E, 2pac, Run DMC, 50 Cent etc.
    Lotta old school stuff. And you?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Asoir
    Jurassic 5, NWA, Ice Cube, Dre, Eazy E, 2pac, Run DMC, 50 Cent etc.
    Lotta old school stuff. And you?
    I grew up listening to those guys you mentioned. I like some of 50's stuff. You get into any Slick Rick? I think I'm more of an underground guy myself.

patdzon - What underground artist do you listen to?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J-boogie
    I grew up listening to those guys you mentioned. I like some of 50's stuff. You get into any Slick Rick? I think I'm more of an underground guy myself.

I was looking everywhere for Slick Rick, I couldn't really find anything, I think he was in a song which I really liked but can't find any of his stuff.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J-boogie

well, to be honest, I dont listen to it a lot, but I do like Mos Def and the Black Eyed Peas.

Word to your mother! 8)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patdzon
    well, to be honest, I dont listen to it a lot, but I do like Mos Def and the Black Eyed Peas.

Word to your mother! 8)
    Man, I hate Black Eyed Peas...something about them just annoys me, same with Outkast, ARGH.
    Mos Def's ok though.

Thanks
    Man, I hate Black Eyed Peas...something about them just annoys me, same with Outkast, ARGH.
    Mos Def's ok though.

Haha, I think they have great beats, I only listen to the Elefunk album though. But Outkast, I dont like.

Thanks
    Mos Def's ok though.
    I can take outkast, but can't stand BEP. Mos Def is my fav right now.

Thanks
    I like outkast...first two albums..ATLiens and Aquemeni, after that they kinda lost it for me. Mos Def is cool... Nowadays I listen to 2pac (Loyal to the Game), Freddie Foxxx, Dilated Peoples, Jill Scott, Goodie Mob, Roots Manuva, The Roots, Talib Kweli, Saul Williams (Amethyst Rockstar, even though that album is kinda hard to place..heh... More Slam poetry than anything else.. any of ya'll seen Slam btw?), Jay Z (The Black Album). Those were the ones on top of my head.. If I go diggin' in the crates there's a ton more I listen to..hehe.

peace

d-C

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dCepT
    I like outkast...first two albums..ATLiens and Aquemeni, after that they kinda lost it for me. Mos Def is cool... Nowadays I listen to 2pac (Loyal to the Game), Freddie Foxxx, Dilated Peoples, Jill Scott, Goodie Mob, Roots Manuva, The Roots, Talib Kweli, Saul Williams (Amethyst Rockstar, even though that album is kinda hard to place..heh... More Slam poetry than anything else.. any of ya'll seen Slam btw?), Jay Z (The Black Album). Those were the ones on top of my head.. If I go diggin' in the crates there's a ton more I listen to..hehe.

peace

d-C
    Dilated Peoples have some sweet tracks, also, couldn't really find much Freddie Foxx stuff.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dCepT

peace

d-C
    Okay you're getting more into my neighborhood. Freddie Foxx is ridiculous. A correction though. Kast's first two albums were Southernplayalisticadillacmusik and Atliens. Their very first one is nice. Kind of reminds me of Pharcyde a little. Jay-Z The black album is one of my favorites too. Did you like the last Roots album?

Thanks
    Murs & slug - Felt 2 is the hip hop album of the year.

I'm a big fan of lots of stuff... del tha funky homosapien, hieroglyphics, atmosphere, murs, aesop rock, mf doom, mr. lif, black star(mos+talib), dr. octagon, handsome boy modeling school, etc.

Thanks
    felt 2 is that good sinix? might have to pick it up. i like the first one.

Thanks
    deltron3030!!

Thanks
    bout time someone started a hip hop thread...

I like a lot of old school and rare hard-to-find stuff, I get bored of the mainstream and near-mainstream stuff that comes out nowadays..

stuff ive been listening to lately, i dont even know if most people have heard of a lot of it:

Basik - At The Mercy of the City
    Bleu Collar - Bleu Collar
    Question Mark Asylum
    The Cuf - Cuf Daddy, Cufilation
    The Goats - Tricks of the Shade
    The Grouch - Fuck the Dumb, They Dont have This
    A Tribe Called Quest - First 3 albums
    Redman - Dare Iz A Darkside
    King Britt - Adventures in Lo Fi
    Polyrhythmaddicts, anything Dj spinna related

I can sit here and name names all day.. Ill have to look for Felt 2, been loving Murs for a while.. Freddie Foxx is dope, one of my all time favorites.. so's the 1st 2 Outkast albums.. aquemini was alright, they went off the deep end after that

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by prostate sunrise
    felt 2 is that good sinix? might have to pick it up. i like the first one.
    Yes, it's that good. Everyone I've made listen to it simply loves it. It's definitely better than the first one, and I love the original too. It's on another level.

Thanks
    I hella haart hip-hop:
    I'm a big fan of anything on Stones Throw Records, i.e. Quasimoto, MF DOOM, Madlib, M.E.D.
    I also like Common (especially the new album) as well as Talib Kweli and a lot of different DJs (Krush, Dangermouse, Format).

By the way, does anybody know anything about the new MF DOOM/Dangermouse CD. I can't really find any good info and didn't know if anybody had read anything.

Thanks
    I can't believe noone's mentioned Wu Tang here.

Thanks
    if you're into tribe then you should definately check out little brother, they're sick. if you like that east coast wu tang style check out mood doom. also an absolute must is madlib, he's done a bunch of remixs of old blue note recordings. I've gots lots of random shit from binary star to quasimoto, but can't really recomend an album just mp3s...

oh yeah and a really good slick rick song is "children's story"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Road 7
    I hella haart hip-hop:
    I'm a big fan of anything on Stones Throw Records, i.e. Quasimoto, MF DOOM, Madlib, M.E.D.
    I also like Common (especially the new album) as well as Talib Kweli and a lot of different DJs (Krush, Dangermouse, Format).

By the way, does anybody know anything about the new MF DOOM/Dangermouse CD. I can't really find any good info and didn't know if anybody had read anything.
    great taste man, im a big fan of quasimoto (loved his first one and love the second one despite the mixed reviews), madlib (madvilliany is a classic) lootpack, mf doom ( i have yet to check out operation doomsday, they should rerelease it), little brother, , common (saw him live in vegas at the house of blues, dope!) de la soul, pharcyde, el-p,company flow, dj shadow, dj krush, latyrx, dan the automator...anticon has some dope shit too...to many to name

here is a link for the dangermouse cd if u havent seen already http://www.dangerdoom.com/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JackalAnubis
    if you're into tribe then you should definately check out little brother, they're sick. if you like that east coast wu tang style check out mood doom. also an absolute must is madlib, he's done a bunch of remixs of old blue note recordings. I've gots lots of random shit from binary star to quasimoto, but can't really recomend an album just mp3s...

I have all of that.. new little brother comes out september 13.. madlib's blue note thing is nice.. i wasnt all that into the new quasimodo, especially since he raised the bar so high with the first one, i think his brother Oh No's album The Disrupt is way better.. MED's album is good too.. i think he does better in collaborations.. Mood - Doom is pretty old now, maybe like 98? talib was still really underground.. good reccommendations there

Thanks
    i be likin the new kanye joint,mos def,nas'stillmatic album,canadians mood ruff...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Main Loop
    bout time someone started a hip hop thread...

I like a lot of old school and rare hard-to-find stuff, I get bored of the mainstream and near-mainstream stuff that comes out nowadays..

stuff ive been listening to lately, i dont even know if most people have heard of a lot of it:

Basik - At The Mercy of the City
    Bleu Collar - Bleu Collar
    Question Mark Asylum
    The Cuf - Cuf Daddy, Cufilation
    The Goats - Tricks of the Shade
    The Grouch - Fuck the Dumb, They Dont have This
    A Tribe Called Quest - First 3 albums
    Redman - Dare Iz A Darkside
    King Britt - Adventures in Lo Fi
    Polyrhythmaddicts, anything Dj spinna related

I can sit here and name names all day.. Ill have to look for Felt 2, been loving Murs for a while.. Freddie Foxx is dope, one of my all time favorites.. so's the 1st 2 Outkast albums.. aquemini was alright, they went off the deep end after that
    I'm with you on Tribe and I remember QMA. Some of the other ones have lost me. I tend to be up on DJ Spinna. I have Strange games and things, Brazil funk, The beat suite, Heavy beats(love the Kweli/Apani B. jawn). I need to get deeper into that underground ish. Mainstream tends to give me a headache these days unless I'm dancing to it. I have to admit though, Kanye Diamonds and Gold Digga are listenable. I'll probably buy "late registration".

Thanks

"Childrens Story" is classic. My favorite is "Mona Lisa" though. Little Brother is one of my favorites. The listening is a nice album.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Main Loop
    Mood - Doom is pretty old now, maybe like 98?
    shit really? I only heard of them a couple years ago. another cd worth picking up is urchin, its just beats but some cool stuff none the less. here's a random song I heard while in canada, I'm not really feeling the rapping but the beat is pretty sic skratch bastid

Thanks
    I'm not heavy into this shit but there is some stuff I enjoy a lot - Eyedea & Abilities, Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, Mr. Lif, El P, Immortal Technique, Blueprint (Soul Position), some Wu-Tang, plus a bunch of other stuff I've heard but I havent gotten my hands on.
    Cave House Studios - creative animation and video
    What the Sketchbook

Thanks
    shit really? I only heard of them a couple years ago. another cd worth picking up is urchin, its just beats but some cool stuff none the less. here's a random song I heard while in canada, I'm not really feeling the rapping but the beat is pretty sic skratch bastid
    hmm i think ive heard of this guy, or at least who he runs with.. you should check out birdapres if youre into this style.. he's pretty good

Thanks

hip hop

These days I've been bumpin

aesop rock
    old school Too $hort
    beatnuts
    el-p
    busdriver
    sol
    themselves
    Easy mothafuckin E

check my stuff out at www.digitaleyesoar.com/

Thanks
    i┤m not your typical hip hop head but im listening to nas , gza, mobb depp and that stuff alot.

maybe hip hop is the only reason for me to be sad that english ain't my mother language.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast