Art: steel hawk

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: steel hawk

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

steel hawk

My new speed plane "steel hawk". Hope you like it. I should work more on environment.Any coments are welcome.
    steel hawk

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    oh man.. this is gonna be a harsh crit please, dont take any offense to whatever i say from now on.

it crops annoyingly too much on the right of screen. the wings are sharp and would provide no aerodynamic lift to get it off the ground, let alone keep it stable. theyre sharp and flat and would create drag. the exhausts in front of the cockpit are feeding right into the air intake, which would not be all that practical. it has many unnecessary seams, which being a speedplane, youd want as little as possible to cut down wind resistance. the colouring, in particular the highlights, is inconsistant. the nose cone is the most off-putting - its flattened by the highlights as they do not denote the intended taper of the cone, especially near the brightest part as it appears just off the very tip of the cone, yet isnt elongated.. almost as if the tip of the cone is off to one side.

sorry dude, i mean its cool and all, but it needs work. please, post more, i hope to see an improvement in your abilities

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

mmmmh.... but nice work

Looks like a Bf-109 Messerschmit....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's interesting that you would use a BF-109 Messerschmitt as your inspiration.
    I like the design. The shading gives good depth.
    And yes, you should work on your backgorund environment more.

But promising work, nonetheless.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks to all and for your crit 'stoph. I agree with you, there are some things in my work wich are a little odd. Indeed I use for inspiration a Messerschmitt.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the rendering although in places it alters the shape of the airframe for the worse, the decals are pretty good too.

From an aircraft design POV a jet engine wouldn't need a nose cone like that, it would blend into the fuselage, or exhausts that's what pushes you along (if it has a prop whack some rotary blur in there), the cylinder that runs laterally obstructs both the pilot's view and the airflow. The wings have no sweep and don't blend into the fuse, they also have a flat front, for supersonic flight they would be of symmetrical section, have a sharp leading edge and have a greater angle of attack to create lift from the airflow rather than the bernoulli effect. It'll also need a tail or maybe winglets to stop it yawing all over the place.

post more ok, cheerio.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.