Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Sweet apocolypse illustration, looks better with the additions and the changed mask. Don't go so dark with shadows as here http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1167169603
    makes it look like holes, go with a dark gray. RebeccaK tends to go all the way to black in her renders and it grosses me out, but check her out if you disagree with me and like that sort of style. So is it Caddwick or Caddlewick. I never heard that name before you, closest was Chadwick. Armando isn't too rare a name in latin America. I went to school with one guy named the same, and when I got my library card I was told there was another guy in SF named Armando Navarro. Usually I hear of it in altered form, either Arman or Armand, so I guess the long form isn't as popular.
    Sketchbook

What is the right thing to do?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I'll check rebeccak out to see what you are talking about. You are probably right about the shadows, but I'm stull trying to get used to using the whole range of values. One of those deals where you overcompensate and the get back to normal once youve corrected the problem.
    I still think Armando is a cool name. Quin Caddlewick was a pen name that I was using in letters that I wrote to a friend when I joined conceptart. Since then I've shortened it to Caddwick but alas I am still stuck with my original login. Oh well.
    When I said my name starts with C I was refering to my real, given name.

This evenings art.
    One thing that I can do no matter my level of tiredness, is work from reference. This one is from a hunting magazine.

Thanks
    the tc piece came out really nice, you can really see the progression of your improvement in the more recent greyscale paints, not much else to say.

Thanks
    Good stuff man, that elk piece is lookin real attractive. Glad to see you painting, but dont forget about the pencil. Keep working that anatomy, but try to use more refrences. great progress man, keep it up!

BTW, Im gonna be goin on vacation till sunday, so pardon my absence for a bit. Cheers!

Thanks
    Iwombat - thanks, I really want to get good at digital painting

Goog - right on, I do need to do more pencil, and use more references, thanks for the pointers.

Todays art
    I tried to do something at my grandparents house, but there was so much noise that i couldn't concentrate. Hence the low quality.

Thanks
    Bwaha I managed to do a quick pencil sketch from reference. Tomorrow I'll try to spit out a few more.

Thanks
    sorry for not postin in the last while but I'm still away from home, and I haven't had enough time on the computer to post. Dang I hate sharing computers, cant wait to get home to mine hehe.

Great stuff lately man, I really like the elk piece you did. You really nailed the tone work on that one. How you managed to not get distracted on Christmas astonishes me. You're showing great dedication to your sketchbook and it is showing up in your work. Tons of improvement since the last time I stopped by. Thanks for the kick in the butt man.
    The Nameless Ones
    NJord-E55
    iolarnula
    Apocalypse Rex
    Invinciblewombat
    Wake101
    Q-Caddlewick
    "Draw till your hands a bloody stump then learn to draw with your teeth."

Thanks
    Crap. I lost everything I just wrote.

Time to paraphrase. Wake Thanks for the Kind words. Don't worry I don't expect any posts from you till you get home, but after that, heh, heh, you bettter get your rear in gear boy. I've been working hard on photoshop but I can't forget pencils, excellent advice from goog. So today I began participaton in the master study thread. It's on the main forum page.

I can't wait to see how TC turns out. There were a ton of submissions.
    Last edited by Chance.; December 30th, 2006 at 05:30 PM.

Thanks
    Another attempt at ole neptune.

Thanks
    the master studies are coming along nicely, the figure inhttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=69576&stc=1&d=11674192 31 looks interesting, that one would definitly be worth taking further

Thanks
    Let's see....the moose is good, I like the lighting.(Even though its ugly. But you said that, so...). The space warrior leaning against the tree is very good. Its eyes are nice and spiderlike, which is neat, and its mouth is cool.(Once again, its spiderlike, which is I like). The silhoette painting is well done. The way I see it is that it's three Mexicans, two little ones and a big one. Plus they have sombreros with little lights on them. And the small kite in the top right of the picture is funny....but thats just me....

Thanks
    Iwombat - Thanks. You like crab man. I was struggling to think of something to draw so just started scribbling and that is what I ended up with. Maybe I will work on that some more.

no face - Its a elk. I thought I told you that. Little dudes just never listen. Crab man looks like he's a space man? Sheesh.
    THEY ARE NOT SOMBREROS HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT.

Today;
    more masterwork.

Thanks
    Neptunes coming along real nice!

Thanks
    neptune is really turning out awsome. You seem to be analylizing the piece very well. Reminds me I gotta finish my david piece.
    The Nameless Ones
    NJord-E55
    iolarnula
    Apocalypse Rex
    Invinciblewombat
    Wake101
    Q-Caddlewick
    "Draw till your hands a bloody stump then learn to draw with your teeth."

Thanks
    J A K E - Thanks.

Wake101 - Ditto. I'm just doing what I see. However I am seeing a lot more than I used to. Do finish David.

More work on neptune, and some doodling.

Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast