Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    ya it was getting late and i shouldn't have even been drawing. I was out of it at the time. I was just scribbling.

As to perpective, I'm sorry if I sounded harsh. It wasn't my intention. I just meant that if I was doing a good job, it wasn't because I knew what I was doing. Like I said, I have only a basic understanding of perpective guiding my hand.

Now I know why those eyes look so weird. I just couldn't figure it out last night (another testiment to how out of it I was)

Today's art:
    A statuette in my house. It's a madonna and child in case it is hard to tell. The rendering could use some work, I was having a hard time getting into right brain mode for some reason.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey, hey, hey! I like your load of crud...haha, I wish I could make "crud" as nicely as you do! (In case you didn't get it, I don't think it's crud).

That last sketch is interesting. The back of the head looks a little misshapen to me, but that could just be me, or the style of the statuette...

Thanks
    once again you produce another lovely pic of eyes. You are really good at capturing the emotion in the eyes.

the statue one is really good, your drawings from life seem to be getting better and better. I think I do see what A. C. Krwell was saying though, the left side of the head seems a bit pushed to the side. I know its probably just the hair but it seems a tad off.

the photoshop tree pick looks a tad messy. Try to block things in with less strokes, instead of using a small brush immediately. Work your colors down from basic to blended and more varied. It'll also work faster drawing one big block of color then drawing it with a bunch of small strokes.

btw I really like the robot with the gun.

The Nameless Ones
    NJord-E55
    iolarnula
    Apocalypse Rex
    Invinciblewombat
    Wake101
    Q-Caddlewick
    "Draw till your hands a bloody stump then learn to draw with your teeth."

Thanks
    hey, nice updates.
    on the last one, the shading looks a bit messy. try tightening the hatch marks, to give them a little more order. and I think there needs to be more value changes, darker shadows compared to the midtones. and I think the jaw line is a little too curved, so it looks pulled and the ear is a little too high. but i like do her face in the front, it looks good and proportionate.
    it does suck when you cant get into that right state of mind for things. curse you brain!
    well, have a good one man and keep pumping out artwork like a mad one.
    peace

Thanks
    hey, just try to slow down when you render, if you can't get in the right mood, try listening to some music.

Thanks
    Damn you've been busy! Page 5 already! Great rendering http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1165416226
    Cool experiments http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1165416267
    The trick to drawing heads is the thirds. Setting up the thirds accurately makes the rest of the head fall into place a little easier. A way to practice that is with photos. So get tracing paper or scan them and trace the thirds over those heads, you can practice head construction the same way.
    Thanks for the inspiration, I must keep up with your pace.

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    you're a freaking machine with these sketches man

on this one http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1165810225 it's a bit confusing on what's going on with the structure on the left side of the page, the fact that it appears to be leaning but also the fact that is meets the edge of the image is a bit visually unsettling. other than that i think it reads really well

other than that just the same kinds of things, don't be afraid to go for the big brushes in things like this http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1165896474

the eye painting turned out really well, it gives a great sense of emotion very effectively.

Thanks
    ACKrywell - Some advice, Creating good art doesnít happen by waiting till you are so tired you are going cross eyed. That is how you make crud. FYI Heh heh.
    The problem with the head on that statuette is that she has a sort of bun under the head blanket thingy. It was driving me crazy trying to figure it out. Good eye for that though. Never hesitate to point out anything that bothers you. I need as many eyes on my work as possible seeing what I cannot.

Wake101 - Hey, it is good to here that I am putting emotion into the eyes. Thinking about it, the eyes convey a large portion of our emotion, so having a good understanding of how they do that would probably be a good thing to study, donít you think?
    That bun threw the whole face off, I think that the actual face ended up being to small for the head because of it. I think thatís what is giving it the lopsided look.
    The tree was just a 2 minute thing I did trying to explain something to my brother. I didnít put much effort into it, but I decided to post it anyway. Good pointers.
    The robot makes me feel guilty to be honest. I am almost sure that I have seen someone else around here do something just like it, but I canít remember who. I feel as though I am plagiarizing. Glad you liked it though. Unless you are talking about the hapy face robot with the arm gun. He is completly stolen. The face is the symbol of the laughing man in the Ghost in the Shell anime. I did that on purpose. I also think I've seen the robot on the left before somewhere, the big black one, but I can't think of where...

Kuroart - I know that the rendering is terrible. I did it right before dinner and ran out of time. My rendering is sloppy because I rush it. I need to designate time to rendering something, and not necessarily finish it in one go. I get this idea I must complete a piece in one sitting. It would help my work if I took more time.
    The jaw and ear are off because of that darn bun. It messed up the whole piece. Everything got out of whack.
    Amen. Curse my left brain!
    I take it back. My left brain allows me to communicate with you even though it stifles my art. The right brain is a muscle. The more you use it the stronger it gets.

Goog - Good advice. I think I'll listen to Albannach. Do you like bagpipes and drums? If so, must hear this band. They are scottish and the only place you can buy their cd is their website. Good stuff you should check them out.

Armando - Glad to see you! It's been a little while. I've missed you. You have not been on much lately. Shame on you for not sharing your art. More updates. Glad you are inspired NOW DRAW BWAH HA HA HA.... [laughs maniacally for a while]
    Where were we? Oh yes.
    You like it? Good. I have to work on it more, I'm supposed to be finishing it right now, but making the time to pull out the inks, and make the washes, is proving to be somewhat of a challange.
    I thought the prints were interesting too. I did miss my control, but you know what? Sometimes our control is what is holding us back. Because we have this image in our head of what we want. We don't experiment for fear of messing up. Doing a piece wher I had no idea how it was going to turn out allowed me to let go of it. It's something I need to do more often.
    The third method is what I'm learning with loomis right now. I'm having a hard time setting up the hair line, which is supposed to be halfway between brow line and top of head. The forshortening caused by the curve makes it hard to judge the length, to properly place the nose (same distance as from brow to hairline.)
    I'm sure that I'll figure it out eventually. Today contaings an image where I used that formula loosely.
    Do keep up with my pace. In face overtake me. I want to see the artists around me producing tons of work too. (btw How did you come up with such a cool login?)

InvincibleWombat - Thanks man.
    Did you mean the one on the right? The thing on the left is a truck and it isn't leaning. The one on the right is the tower, and it does appear to be leaning because the legs spread as they come closer to the ground. I will probably rework it eventually but I am going to keep on with the sequence for now. I was struggling trying to get the tower, knights, truck, two dudes, pool, and (you probably didn't notice this because it's too small) the castle in the background. Lotta stuff to fit in a single image without doing a wide shot, of which I've already done two and didn't want to repeat again.
    I wanted to do a more pencil rendered look in that one, but I was outof it and didn't have the patience to do it right. From now on I will not choose tedious rendering for when I'm tired.
    Those eyes are way too close together. It drives me nuts to look at them. I just did them without any planned expression. Maybe I have a natural gift with eyes? Wouldn't that be nice, I wasn't born with many talents other than something of a knack for drawing and the ability to out-talk anyone on the planet, but you guys already figured that out right?

Today's Art:
    I only had a few moments today to draw (I was supposed to be doing school/helping to decorat the house) so these are rush jobs as well. I need to manage my time better. Also one from yesterday that I forgot to post.

Fun with brushes and a mouse. I do my art on a communal computer that also has all of our mp3's and internet acces, so I can't leave my tablet set up all the time like want to. Sometimes I get a few minutes on the computer but don't want to go pull out the tablet. That is when interesting brush experements with a mouse occur. They aren't high quality, but they are fun because of the lack of controll thing that I mentioned to Armando.

My watch. Rendering is bad. Not enough time.

Playing with the thirds method from loomis's book. He is based off of a character in that Lost room show that was on last night. I want to be able to creat Different people. A lot of the ones I have done look the same to me. Booring.

Thanks
    Really like the face...it has a LOT of character, which is great!!! The lines look really nice...

As a quick sketch, the watch is fine, too...

Haha, again, your stuff is GREAT!!!

Thanks
    that face is lookin really cool. Proportions on it look really good. It actually looks like this art teacher I once had...The eyes are lookin a tad too small for the size of the head, but it looks real nice.

Thanks
    For the hairline: If you're comfortable with setting up circles in perspective, then all you gotta do is put a square around the ellipse, then take your measurements with the square, then follow your line back to the curve with perspective. Loomis didvides the head into 7ths: the thirds of the face are each 2/7, from the hairline to the top of head is 1/7. What did you mean by login? If you meant my avatar then I didn't draw it, it's a character from the title of Winsor McCay's "Dream of the Rarebit Fiend"

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    i have just looked thorugh this post and its fun to see how an artists skill growes
    Keep the good work up! ^__^

Thanks
    Acyk - Yesssssssssssssssssssss! Good, that's what I wanted. I'd love to hear comments too. Comments as in not necesarily art oriented. Whatever pops into your head when you look at my work. I want to know what Kind of a reaction my stuff inspires.

Goog - I'm sorry for your old art teacher. He is not a happy looking person. He is however an interesting looking person. Imperfections are what make people interesting. If everyone looked like barbie and ken it would be a boring world.
    The eyes probably are too small. I was going for an impression more than a portrait I guess. You know what I mean.

Armando - I meant your name. I think its cool where did you get the idea?
    The problem is that loomis says to find the hairline first. Since that is the once that has the curved perspective, it makes it hard to determine th acual length for finding the nose and chin.
    Btw, I like your avatar too.

Japan Wannabe - Thanks man.

Today's art:
    Some more heads this time with expression. and a crappy figure study. I may have more interesting stuff later today.

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3