Thanks

what do you do when........

you're halfway through a peice of work: drawing, painting, model...whatever and you're just not into it anymore? do you finish it or move on w/something else?

just curious what others do.:p

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hmmm this happens to me alot...i usually get sloppy and lazy which i hate....i need to walk away from the piece and watch a bit of television then come back to finish it

*shrug*
    well i will lurk here as well...lurk...lurk...lurk

Thanks
    I stop and move on, wasting a lot of paper. I'm personally responsible for the deaths of the forests, so if you were wondering, well, there it is. Not proud of it, but hey I'm selfish and evil.
    - Rockstar Ninja Artist Extraordinaire

Thanks
    Force your self to finish it
    I find that once I start working on it after losing interest that I learn more about my skill if I do art without it being purely inspiration.
    After a while you don't even need to feel inspiration, it just flows.
    Discipline.

Thanks
    I just stay with it, keep on going, and finish it. I'm not discouraged by that kind of thing anymore. I've come to realize just about every artwork goes through some kind of "ugly stage" at one point, and I've learned to get through it. Now on the other hand, for me at least, a piece can lose it's Soul, and then I just have to drop that crap like that <snaps>

ok, later ya'll,

clay
    Don't interrupt me when I'm doing my art or
    you'll destroy my future

Thanks
    I'm the stubborn type, so I persevere even if I lose what I'm shooting for in a drawing, but usually it just gets worse and worse, and I give up anyways. I will start over as many times as it takes, if I really want to draw the same thing and get it right.

That happened to me on the spaceship DSG. I really wanted to draw a ship, even if it was gonna be late, but nothing really worked out =/

I suck at drawing geometrical designs anyways.

Thats my two cents.

Thanks
    well i tend to just stop on that piece if im bored with it. if i dont know what to do i stop. then later on in the day or week somthing pops in my head or im looking at somthing and bingo! i figure out what to do to finish it. sometimes it is simple sometimes it is hard. but other times it takes a couple times of this cycle to finish it.

Thanks
    I know exactly what you mean. I must have the shortest attention span for...um...uhh...what was I talking about? Whatever. Anyway...

Thanks
    I work on my piece by session :
    - First I design a part of it. When I've no more idea I stop and let them there(or on my wall, or somewhere I can see it).
    - I dig thru some reference, just to complete the drawing, correct it or whatever.
    - Then I correct some mistake, I add another thing and so on
    - If the drawing is not finish, I do another, or I came back to a previous .
    - and so on...

This way I took a little more time to finish something but I can achieve a better qualities for the drawing - I can really dig it by other eyes, I can't explain why . I remember when I was still at school, my teacher allways complain that I don't use a common way of doing things :p I'm must agree that sometimes I just sleep in the class

Thanks
    i usually put it down and say, "oh, i'll finish it later"... and usually it remains unfinished permanently... but then again if it's for someone else, I stick to it and finish it with a lot of expletives and bad vibes thrown about.

Thanks
    finish it quicker.
    (before the boredom sets in)
    "The Jungle Creed
    says the strongest feed
    on any prey it can
    and I was branded beast
    at every feast
    before I ever became a man."

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.