Thanks

infinity wars poll 3: non-traditional angel

BlueMech's entry:

Elvis' entry:

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    cool, a humanoid with wings and armor and a sword...

Thanks
    I think putting Jar Jar Binks on anything is an automatic loss, or automatic ass kicking . god i hate him!

Thanks
    It was hard to decide. BlueMech's piece says 'Angel' a lot more then Elvis' piece, but it combines a lot of fairly standard angel imagery, nothing about it really says nontraditional. Elvis' piece on the other hand is a lot more interesting, but nothing on it says 'Angel'.

In the end I voted via composition. Elvis' angel is just standing there as if hes modelling underwear. The most interesting creature design in the world is still boring if its not doing anything.

Personal critiques:

BlueMech: I really like how you put the moon directly above the angels' head and the glow frames it nicely. However its just floating there and is rather boring to look at. I think having it leaning in a bit as if its coming at you would have worked wonders, or the opposite having the feet coming towards you making it look as if your on the ground and its ascending.

Her proportions are quite nice and the hands look excellent, lower set of the back wings look entirely too small. The whole set looks almost superflouis because of the size.

Elvis: I really like that you were willing to take the idea so far out. Its great to see that kind of imagination. I think this one may be a bit too far out though.

Its very important, in my opinion at least, that when your doing a new take on an idea that you leave something recognisable to the viewer. If the viewer can't recognise what it is on their own without being told it loses all effect.

Thanks
    ok, i didnt have enough time to finish it so i added jar jar at the last minute, my entry is just a joke, vote for blue so we can go to the next topic

Thanks
    I voted for Elvis because Blue Mech's looks like a straight up rip off of Androids TD entry.

Thanks
    It's not the moon btw, just a "halo" of sorts. I hear halo i think more of a globe of light.

Thanks

hmmm...I think he might have drawn some inspiration from him, but its not a straite on copy...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvisMcVegas

hmmm...I think he might have drawn some inspiration from him, but its not a straite on copy...
    No doubt it's the Wal-Mart version, but come on!!! Besides adding destinct feathers and boobs, there isn't that much difference. So again you should win based on CONCEPT... I mean hell, the Thunderdome was a Demon Prince/Princess, and here it is as an Angel! Beyond that, I think I saw something about the typical floaty guy with armor and a sword.

But hey, it's no skin off my nose if you get your ass kicked for all the wrong reasons.