Thread: Orsa World

Thanks

Orsa World

Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd post my site for some feedback. It's a combination of concept art, creative writing and model-making, and I've got a pretty good chunk of it done. I'm aspiring to make props for entertainment, so it's kinda practice in that regard. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

http://www.orsaworld.com/

Judd
    Visit the world: orsaworld.com

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    "I finally got the first Orsa model made for one of my Industrial Design protfolio classes. It came out pretty well, and I've put all my process photos up if you want to check them out. "

Just want to point this typo out. It's on your first page. Prot means 'fart' in dutch - but the main problem is that it is a typo on your first page

I'd change the font of the text in the gray zones (like 'welcome to orsa') It seems a bit lost in the big gray zone and it's just the same as the text below.

You might want to change the size of the text under your ORSA logo, I couldn't read it. (ORSA - the world ....)

I do like the overall style of the site, with the option to zoom in to each image. Nice. Your artwork needs some improvement though, but hey, so does mine. Keep it up.

Thanks
    Ha! Good catch with the typo. I took a look at your gestures, very nice.

Thanks

Blown away

Blown away by your site. You could easily sell this as a post apocolyptic game concept. Nice job great effort.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    very nice site. halo influenced?

a few suggestions regarding navigation. i feel it would be more effective to either..

1. have the images load in a viewfinder setup, perhaps in the screen of your nifty little datapad. having to load a seperate page that takes the viewer out of the main site is very tedious and annoying, and should be avoided when applicable.

2. if you want to retain the current loading of images, have them resemble the main page (black background, perhaps a few related links, that sort of thing). this way it can be readily related to your site (even though you already have the logo, itd make things a little more consistant). a button saying "X Close Window and Return to Page" or something like that would be good too.

youve got a few more typos. in the desert skip speel, theres a few..

"This skip represents much of hte technology in the new world"

"speed (though stability is often sacraficed in this manuever." - no ')' bracket

and the worst ..
    "is acutally wuite delicate ans is prone to overheeating when operating"

there are a few more similar typos throughout, and to remain professional it may be an idea to go thru with a fine toothed comb, or get someone other than yourself to read through it all to see if it makes sense.

that out of the way, great concepts, i look forward to seeing the outcome of this

Thanks
    Ha ha! Man, that's what I get for typing late at night Thanks for all the feedback, it's nice to have some proof-readers. I ran a complete spell check so it should be a bit more presentable now

So far I've got 9 episodes outlined for act 1, and I just finished writing the fourth one, so I've got a ways to go still. It's really nice to know that it's at least somewhat interesting to someone besides me

Thanks

Lightbulb

Nice site. Good layout, clean design... works very well.

Something I'd change about it is actually making the images clickable to zoom in, rather than only having the "Zoom image" button as a link - I kept really wanting to click on the pictures to see the full version, but that wasn't happening. That's a relatively minor thing though.

I really like the technology and environment concept art ... very cool. The descriptions are all good too, seems there's a lot of thought in this whole thing.

The only part I don't really like are the character sketches ... they seem a little messy compared to the other images.

In general, a good site! Keep it up!