Follows
    Following
    really nice update man and good luck with the internship

-reau-

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, i like it man, T for teamwork, then in the next one they have no 'eye's cuz theres no I in TEAM... fuckin great... dont know if you did that purposefully or not... but awesome update, digging the day of pentaC, and the Get Down sketches, not that I dont like the T for Teamwork one, just the jaw of the ogre aint too fun to look at, kinda wanna sock em in the jaw to kinda fix up that mug of his, u know?

"KEEEE-YYYAAAAAAHHHHHH B!TCH!!!!" - Ed Wuncler III, The Boondocks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good stuff dude, great meeting you in montreal. good luck with the internship.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lookign good bud ! xing fingers for ya on that intership !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, really great update. Mentler is right, your getting places really fast!

Keep up the hard work, it's good for you. Look forward to seeing more.

Sketchbook Support Group #26

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yayy! Updates fill me with glee!

Nice stuff as usual, and some really good contrast with the pentecost one.

Sometimes the feet look a bit funny though, might want to work on that a bit.

Otherwise, great!

FASTIDIOUS SKETCHFIENDS of the FANTASTIC FOURTEENTH ESCHELON
    staylor| inkfish | rodrigo! | ah.heng | maxetormer | bRØk3n_sPiRiT | Max1975 | ZebzFree

TURBOFANATIC

Dutton Guest
    Hey Ryan, I'll have to rain check on doing anything as productive as putting something in a manilla envelope, placing stamps, sealing envelopes, and sending. Wedding stuff is getting really time consuming and after sending out so many invitations the last thing I want to do right now is.... well, write an address..... but it'll happen, I promise.

I like the logo you're using for your samples. Did you ever get any help on finding a printer (you posted in the portfolio prep thread in the lounge wondering about it before)? If you found one..... let me know how it's working out. I'm still researching options.

Has anyone else complained that they miss your Bob Ross avatar and that they need to do a double take to recognize it's you posting?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I haven't stopped by in a while. I'm glad I did. Your work has really taken off.

I love the 'I shop at old-navy, but I hang out with these guys' look in this http://www.ryanbowlin.com/Finished%2...ons/fin11b.jpg

Really great stuff

-Craig

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good luck with the internship doomdude, you deserve it!

Keep pushing the pencils, I'll be awaiting your update!

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    zeb man you will get the internship...you gotz the personal skillz to get the job. No worries man....Ill just slip the bosses over there some secret ninja hypnotic potions and BAM! you are in.

o.O

Keep your dream alive - Feed it daily!

"The true essence of swordsmanship is like the willow blowing in the gentle breeze" - Tesshu (someday my art will be like this)

website

Mah Sketchbawk!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damn! Good luck with that internship...you deserve it...you are amazing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man,

hows it going with everything? I hope you get a job very soon! Keep updating when you can!

Qxzi 8)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cant wait to see some intern stuff pumped out bizatch!

"The true essence of swordsmanship is like the willow blowing in the gentle breeze" - Tesshu (someday my art will be like this)

website

Mah Sketchbawk!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey bro,

This is one of my fav SB on concept art. I love the intensity you create with your line work and composition. Why no updates?

UPDATE
    UPDATE
    UPDATE

-ryan d

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hi gr8

Amazing work mate ,wonderful

MY SKETCH BOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More updates dude. What's the internship business? Tell me more. Website looks great. REally dig the logo of the kid with the horn. The SP as St. George is really awsome too.

update more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    YAY!! Updates! Well, not REALLY new but newER. Makes me smile deep down in my stomache where I am soft like a homing pigeon filled with clams...I just found something out about myself. Love the new stuff, would love to see more, but time is the killer of us all.

"Oh my God who is flying this thing! ......... Right, that would be me." ~Wash

DeviantArt - Sketchbook - Concept Art.org Porfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm very pleased to announce that despite popular opinion I am NOT dead! Ha!

It's very good to be posting again (although I wish it could be more) and hopefully I'll have more time to update this thing in the coming months. I just wanted to say a quick thank you to those who posted and I'll go ahead and reply to your comments.

Erilaz: Thanks, mate. How are things going down your Croc country? Miss ya, man. Hope to see you again someday!!

Bumskee: Man, c'mon... I'm not an idiot. You're the one kickin' ass lately and takin' names! I wish I could toss my pencil renders for some of your quick gestural style, mate. Thanks for the props anyhow. I've been workin' hard and trying to improve. You're right tho... my anatomy still suffers. Guess I'll have to bust it hard like Rodrigo has been, eh? Hope you're doin' well too, man. Stay in touch.

This1: You can sock 'em if you like. Thanks man.

Reau: Thanks, man.

Flex: Hey, bro! It was great meeting you as well. Too bad we didn't stay in the same location cuz I would have loved to chat with you more and sketched it up. Maybe at another one?? When are you going to lay one of your tasty updates on us? You always tease us with little bits. I know you got more, man! C'mon!

Liam: Thanks!! I miss you man... have you been updatin' and I've just been missing out or what?

Brall: Heh... I'm trying. I appreciate the encouragment.

Staylor: I've decided that I suck at feet... well... you decided it as well when you left this comment. But as of late I've really been feeling that weakness in my work. Foot studies??? I think SO! Thanks for not abandoning me as I have you my SG14 faithful, brotha!! Hope you're well. I need to stop in to your book soon...

Dutton: Congratz again, man. Don't sweat it. I've been busy too. Whenever you get time just drop me a line and we'll do a trade. Starting a new life with another takes a lot of time and effort, I'm sure. Just get to me when you can. But please, don't forget your SB and drop and update on us! We miss you too! Ha! And the Bob Ross avatar... lol... I thought everyone forgot it! Heh... maybe we need a revised come back of the painting God that is Bob Ross, eh? Take care, man.

Craig H : Taking off?? I think maybe in a few years I'll get there. You however are blowing the doors off me, man!! That Old Navy thing cracked me up... lol It didnt' really occur to me really! Ha!

SirGreenSock: Nik, I love you and thanks. Await no more.

Tetsuo: I have you to thank for the internship, mate. If it weren't for your highly skilled ninjas... remind them to stop by. I've yet to bake cookies for them.

Van: Amazing... pfft... you crack me up, bro. Thanks for the comments man.

Qxzi: Thanks for the support! I can always count on you, mate! Hope you're well! Thanks again!

Ryan DeMita: Hey... glad you dig on my stuff. It's scribbles and scrabbles up in here but I hope someone gets as much enjoyment out of 'em as I do. It made my day when you posted this. Thanks alot. Why no updates? Buzzzy!! I'll try to be better... promise! Thanks again!!

dihillopsomesh: Thanks!

Hito: Thanks for the comments... I was hopin' you'd dig it especially. The internship... well... read below and I'll give you the skinny on it all. I hope you're doin' really well. Animating your life away yet?? Glad you like the logo and site. It's pretty plain but it gets the job done, I guess. You have one? I'll link ya. Stay in touch, ok?

MasterPug: Your wish is my command. Thanks, man.

----OK----

Thanks again to everyone. Well, here's the deal with my absence... a few excuses... 1. I'm living with my parents again in the outskirts of town. Their internet is slow and for some reason I can't access my web server out here. Don't ask me. So now I've tried to just attach the images. 2. I've been busy with an internship with a game company here in town as well as driving and hour everywhere I go because I live an hour outside of town. Life has taken a lot of time lately for some reason. 3. And I've been lazy and tired when not working. Watching a lot of movies, soaking inspiration and spending time with friends.

So there you have it. Life has just been in fast mode. It's good to post again tho. I really love getting the feedback and putting it out there for ya'll to see. My art work has mainly been dominated by my internship work (which I can't show anything at the moment but I'm working on getting some approvals) but I have been sketching here and there. We here in St. Louis have been getting together pretty much weekly and havin' sketch night (soon to be CASTL or Concept Art St.Louis - if you're interested lemme kno). That's been a cool source of inspiration but mainly I've been workin' on my internship. I guess I'd better explain that. When I got home from Montreal (Workshop) I just submitted some work to a local game company and asked if there was full time work or intern possibilities. They seemed to like my stuff and I ended up getting it. It's a concept art/texture mapping gig really for the most part but I'm going to be learning some basic 3D as well. And hopefully if all goes well (and so far it seems to be going well) I may get a full time position there out of this. The company is Simuntronics and they're working on an MMORPG called Hero's Journey. It's lookin' pretty sweet so look 'em up if you're interested. Anyhow so that's been my life. Just workin' at this stuff and trying to move on into my next phase of life after graduating college. It's been a great learning experience at Simutronics and my skills have already benefited from my being there, especially digital stuff. So yea, good stuff.

That said, here's my update, be it random bits from my SB and projects I've done over the summer. The new attachment thing won't let you comment for each so maybe I'll leave a brief synopsis of each after I post 'em. I have quite a bit more but these were the ones I liked most. I keep doodling a lot lately and start on stuff and won't finish it. Heh. That's the point of an SB I guess. Playin' around. So you may see some finished pieces from this update later... we'll see. I'll try to keep you guys update too. This attachment thing worked pretty well. I guess we'll see how it looks when I post, eh? Thanks again for commenting and all. I really appreciate it. Take care. And to those I met in Montreal... I miss you and can't wait to see you all again. I hope you're well.

Ryan

Attached Images Attached Images                                

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AJA so your not dead eh? good to know, killer update bro!
    critiques later, right now Im just happy to see your updating!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1158803746
    nice compo! Im really likeing were your going!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice to have you back. Great update!

Please stop by my new Anatomy Sketchbook and critique the hell out of it.

"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."- Mario Andretti

My Blog (Cartoony stuff)

My Illustration Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude your sketchbook is ROCKING! as far as im concerned... but yeah hopefully this friday when you guys are meeting i can come .. thatd be badass.. i ned to get my shit up to par hahah... keep it rocking dude!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    we're talking right now but just wanted to say congrats again, on the gig and everything else in general. cheers buddy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, guys... thanks alot for the support. It really is great to be back. Hopefully not everyone forgot me! I should have more updates soon but for now here's another T-shirt deal I did for my school. The Griffin is our mascot of course. Exciting. Not too detailed and pretty plain but I did get it done in like an hour. Thanks again guys.

Ryan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not to bump my thread but this is ridiculous! After I updated last week my SB went down or something and now it seems to be back. Hmm. I guess the forums are just going through all sorts of crap right now anyhow. Ok... on with the sketchbookery! I think I may have to update this evening to celebrate! We'll see!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    m, 25i2006; 19:28:00

Roswell, Ga

Ryan,

Things are looking up my friend, your last few updates have been immensely enjoyable to witness. Truly, as an educated artist you are beginning to witness the benefits that such an experience can yield, the mastery of some technique, the comfort with making marks and design choices, it's all quite evident. For the first time you're getting to really push yourself and draw whatever strikes your fancy. You've always been free with the expression but now it's like the creative expression are, as the saying goes, turned up to eleven. now that that's off my chest. build you up, you know?

What's this crap about you not feeling like drawing at one of the sketchgroups? been doing a few too many elven races eh? come on man, snap out of it! It sounds like that whole "i don't feel like going to the workshop" episode a little bit. Youch --> flamed, but you know i mean well. I'm not one to talk of course, just careful with that laziness factor. I get into these ruts where i won't draw for a little bit, will just let things get haywire, and then there's guilt for the wasted time. better to just avoid all that cycle of negativity and deciding, "yeah, even though i'm tired and i'd rather just sit there, i'm going to draft this one design i've been thinking about." Just think of how great it would be to put down an idea that you have had recently, your very own concept, something that you made up that is wholly worthy / needy to get recorded. this is something that i've just discovered and i must say, if you can tap into some wellspring of drive like that, then certainly, with every ounce of energy that st. louis hasn't drained out of you, tap into it and really let the paper have it with some aggression. Keyed up from a day of image-making, let the fury go with a blinding white flash of PURE creativity.

Libraries of sketchbooks will tremble in awe.

guggenmaneuver

[p.s. maybe my best post ever, you lucky, nogood, sketchbook-bumping fuck.

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; September 25th, 2006 at 07:40 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If it ain't Free, it ain't Zebz. That's what I always say. Just stoppin' bye to say hi... "Hi", and that your illustration are looking great. Wish I had the dedication to work a picture that long with a pencil. Hope we get to see each other in San Fran.

toodles,

-R

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hell yeah, glad to see some updates. the recent work is great. i love the detail in the folds and the overall believablily of the characters. im really diggin the red outlines, they create and interesting dynamic. lots of nice little details. i see some breaking into color too which is great. keep at it and post more when you get a chance.

take care
    ryan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the black and red drawings. The one with the heart and the black background is amazing. It is much different from your normal style. I like that a lot. the one of Jeff is really great to. you are a master rendererrrrrrr. Good stuff man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love your pencilwork man. Real high attention to detail. Do you use a mechanical pencil all through out? Hope to see more of this graphite goodness. Keep it up, dude.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are really good. Your pencil sketches are lush. More please

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    IT LIIIIVVVEESSSSS!!!!!

Glad to see you're back! Nice new energetic stuff too! (demon chicken is my favorite)

Ummm... no crits for now I guess, If you have any specific questions I'll glady try to answer them, but everything looks great!

staylor| inkfish | rodrigo! | ah.heng | maxetormer | bRØk3n_sPiRiT | Max1975 | ZebzFree

TURBOFANATIC

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks to everyone for the comments. Much appreciated as always.

Gugg : Thanks again for the kick in the arse. I really need it as well as anyone. Hopefully I'll be seein' ya or hearin' from ya soon. Your the King Doom Sauce, brudda!

Romance: What's up, man? Uh... you do... remember kicking all of our asses in that Robot Thunderdome? lol Hope you're well, man. Sucks I won't be makin' it out to San Fran to see all you guys. Maybe next time, eh?

RyanDemita: Yea, dude... color is like my fear or something. lol Glad you like the other stuff. Hopefully I'll continue to embrace my fear of color and overcome it. We'll see, eh?

Koistar: Master....pffft. Hope you're doin' good, dude. Sorry I'll miss you at the next few sketch meets. Got some other stuff I have to do on those nights. Be productive for me, ok!! I need a link to your new SB by the way.

lukavi: Hey! Thanks for postin'. Your work is amazing, man. Yea, I alternate for most of my pencil work between regular drawing pencils and .5 mechanicals. Although I think I may be movin' away from the detailed over rendered stuff a bit lately because I'm finding out at work that sort of thing takes much to much time to do in a professional setting. But I definately love to noodle around on these drawing in pencil as often as I can. I just sort of start 'em and hammer away at 'em over time. Heh. Glad you like the crap! Stop in again!

mrdoom: Thanks! More comin' soon... promise.

staylor: Thanks for the warm welcome back, bro. Sorry I haven't been a better sketchgroup member... argh... SLACKER!! Sorry, I'm horrible.

OKAAAY. Here's a smidge of an update because I'm too lazy to scan the little bit of sketchbook work that I DO have. And because I have a whole crap load of dwarf concept stuff I've done for work but can't show yet because of that wonderful NDA. Hopefully I'll be able to sometime in the near future tho as the game nears end of production. We'll see. It's been a real blessing to intern at Simu and I can already see some nice improvements in areas, especially in speed and getting ideas down fast. Hopefully there will be more to come!

Anyhow, here's my latest offering and WIP. I've been intimidated with color soo much so I've been trying to figure this Photoshop thing out a bit more and not to be so scared of it. lol ChuckMate and MarcoNelor have been hammering out some wonderful color stuff as of late and Chuck's tuts were more than helpful (check his SB for more info) for me to explore a bit more in PS. So far this is moving along nicely I think. About 2.5 hours in which is really too slow but I'm trying to sort of play it by ear and see how it goes as I move along. Started with a pencil sketch because I can't seem to draw with my tablet that well. But it's getting there... I'll just post it. Not more talking. lol Thanks for looking. Comments and critz always welcome. Peace.

Ryan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Zeb, how ya been? I've missed a lot of your latest "scratchings," and I must say, shame on me. Lots of very good sketches and stuff, especially liking the pencil stuff from post #523. Imaginative, dynamic and crazy, all the good things that a sketch should have.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ryan? Color? Wait, what just happened. OH DAMN. Good to see you tackling color man... and in PS too. Double trouble. One thing that I have a problem with is the character's left hand... unless it's wooden. Seems to be that he's overlooking a hill or cliff, relaxed, with giant weapon over his shoulder. It would make more sense for his hand to be more relaxed and natural looking instead of stiff, since it's almost just glued there. I'm digging the cool undertones too, can't wait to see when it's more finished! That is... if you DO finish. Right? RIGHT???

And let me just say that i'm totally missing quesadillas, tacos, and chimi's, beats clam chowder anyday. Well, hope things are going smoothly brobro. Cheers!

-Z

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    make sure you plan out your prespective before you move onto
    the colors, a full profile shot will flaten the caracter unless you
    have complete mastery of the planes of the head, rigth now
    the face looks a bit flat, you need to defien the planes better,
    make sure the cloth wrinkes are ok, check on a mirror with your
    own pants, I seems to me theres not enought tension in the
    crouch area, it looking good mate, just make sure you plan out
    your underdrawing as good as you can, ill save you alot of
    head aches, belive me see ya later bro!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've got no serious crits for you at the moment... El Zordo, and Max already took care of that for me. I've got to say, though that this (so far) is probably your strongest color piece to date. Maybe you are learning something at work! Also, I'm (as always) glad to see that you're doing stuffs on your own. The stuff from the last month or two is really exciting, and is showing a lot of growth and maturity... Well maybe not a lot. Ha-ha!

Keep up the good work my man! Your friend
    KC

Edit:Top of ΦΦΦe ten! Woot!

You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pretty good dwarf painting pose and texture wise, not much color though. That King Coyote portrait is your best head to date in regards to proportion and realism. One thing to be careful of is the reflected light on the bottom of noses, as it tends to be too bright.

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thanks for the replies everyone. Y'know I love to hear from you guys!

MadPlanet: I'm doin' purty good and yourself? Glad you liked the updates. I definately scratch the paper a lot. Or.. maybe I should be scratching the paper more often, eh? Hope you'll be back, man. I need to check your thread to see how you're developing. Thanks for the comments.

Zord: What's up Johnny Doom... that should be your new DJ name btw. Enjoyin' my stumble through PS paint land? Heh. It's been fun. I've only knocked around on this for a few hours but that's all I've really had time for. Thanks for the critz. It's scary. This paintin' thing I mean. I've never been good at it. I just draw. So I tried to relax the hand a bit. Lemme know what you think. You're the one becoming the master here... I'm just gettin' toonier.

Max: "Complete Mastery"... it's things like this in your post that scare me. lol Thanks for your crits man. I'll definately be lookin' at those things as I delve deeper. Much appreciated. I'm a lousy painter so all the help you've got I'll take!! I'm a black and white guy! Color seriously scares me.

KC: You dirty dawg you. You're the one growing... I'm getting stagnant on ya! Ha! NO DRAW ME WHILE I DRINK! Ha! I'll miss you as I'm away from CASTL for the next couple weeks. Hold down the fort without me, man! I'll be lookin' foward to new kickin' art!

armando: Hey, good to see ya, man. Best portrait? Dude... just browse through. There are a couple that definately beat that one. lol I did it in like 45 minutes with Jeff sittin' for me... the reason for all the strong white lines (and white reflected light) was because I got bored a ways into it and start just hacking out the charcoal with my eraser pen. lol I thought it looked neat and design-y. I know what you mean about the reflected light tho and in other occassions I try to pay close attention to it. Thanks for the crtiz.

rblitz7: Thanks!

Ok, just a small update on that painting I'm workin' on. Yes, I'm going to try and finish this one. lol The painting process I'm workin' into is so much easier than other ways I've tried before. Man... and it's fun!! Ha! Worked all day drawing dwarves so didn't spend much more than an hour or so tweaking and laying in more color and such. Tired and have to draw all day again tomorrow so I'll be done for the evening. I included the initial pencil sketch too. I try to just more with just lines these days and not render as much since I can do that faster... but you guys know me.. I love to get stuck rendering the crap outta stuff. So I'm trying to discipline myself to show the form using line first.

Also included some random craps from my sketchbook (a wandering clump from sketchmeet and some random character thing that I did bored at my parttime crap job). The others are from my Moleskin which I seldom use because it's so slick. These drawings are from Montreal. Some portraits in here... although not good ones or complete (he almost missed his plane)... can you tell who they are? Also tried to do a line study of the MTL airport and sucked. The cool thing was the last couple pages that I did on the plane ride home. That over rendered fun is more my style anyhow. Enjoy guys.

-Ryan/Zebz

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I look like an angry bastard...

Anyways, digging the WIP shots, it's always really interesting to see how others work. Thanks for sharing. Digging the moleskine work too dude, even though you don't like the texture. Maybe try working in it with a different medium? Ink? Acrylic? What? Experiment with it to the bone man; they're a little bit on the expensive side, so why not bust some cool shiz out? The portrait of BIIIIIG Kountry is really accurate too, big up's on that. Apologies if some of this doesn't make sense and is jumping around all over the place. P.S. - The astronaut character would be really interesting to see colored; maybe after you finish the first painting? Also, the craving for good quesadilla's and chimi's calls at night, always at night. Definitely need to get some. Cheers man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very badass update dude... keep on rockin that sketchbook.. your pages always look sweet.. and that WIP painting is lookin so good.... so.. so far so good.. haha keep er up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dang, dwarf is lookin great, good to hear you're havin fun with it. Pieces turn out best when you're havin a lot of fun.
    Lovin the SB pages, Fatty looks awesome, and this dude is freakin sweet, I'm jealous of his cod piece!
    Good to see the frequent updates, always a pleasure.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Ryan!

That dude in the spacesuit is freaking me out. I don't trust him. I think if I were on a spacewalk with him, he'd steal all my oxygen. Nice job on the dwarf, lot of action for a static pose. Would be even better if his legs were a bit farther apart. I also like that...thing...http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1160112757

Keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice updates man, doin good stuff. i suffer from colourphobia too. was diagnosed last week,.hehehe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that internship is making your its bitch...and thats a good thing ahaha ahahaha ahhh

keep cranking evil shit outs man.

website

Mah Sketchbawk!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    -amazing pencils & awesome sketches... keep more posting.... GOODLUCK.............

Here is my: S-K-E-T-C-H-B-O-O-K

/.....if there is someone from AUSTRALIA especially from SYDNEY on this site, then leave a msg for me, and I really want to meet with you & to making a friends-of course if you'd agree it...............please

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Z-z-z-zebs!

The colored dwarf painting is really coming along. The textures are fantastic (so far), and the colors are rich, tho a bit dull still... I don't really know if that matters. I think it looks really good, and maybe its just the eyes being used to "High Gloss" from digital paintings.

I was looking at the pencil drawing, and noticed something that carries over into the painting. We're not really getting a sense of the weight of the war-hammer he's carrying. He's obviously used to it, and holding it in a relaxed manner, but I think that the weight of it would still be pulling on his hand and arm more. Does that make sense?

Man... You're doing such a great job, and improving sooo much. I'm really looking forward to seeing this as a finished piece. Keep on kickin' the ass, man!

Your friend
    KC

You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm tired and I just watched my Cardinals lose game 6 to the Mets... Ugh...

So I'm going to get back to commentary at another time if that's cool with ya'll. During the game tonight I doodled this FrankenMonster thing just for goofs as a challenge with some of my fellow STL friends. Wasn't really thinking about it much and actually rushed quite a bit of it so I'd have something to turn in to them via email... soo... I scanned it so I might as well post the crap here too.

Hope you guys are all doin' fan-freakin'-tastic. Happy Halloweeeeeen.

-RYNO

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey a self portrait nice!

yeah................

cool stuff zebsz yo, theres a lot of form in the arms that i really like. hope to see more soon, cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really nice stuff dude, cant believe i aint been in here before, loving ur pencils and the halloween piece is really fun,

keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Reminder!

Hey Ryan- um- grab my copy of Heavy Metal before you go to work so
    you'll have it for me at the Scetchgroup...
    Thankx!

um yeah....

Ok- here it is: my stuff. -xsfx2000
    Here is the cool place I work at: Robot Monkey Lab
    ... (Special Effects & other cool stuff...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    eum like wow. fantastic SB.

all the pages from page 1 are rocking!
    i realy like your pages from your scanned sketchbook .
    they are fantastic. bieutyfull etc. . love them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great characters ,, cool stuff man .. keep it up ..

really great !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey,

hows it going? Wow, cool stuff. Loving the little bunny rabbit I like your last update, kinda spooky Good stuff tho, hope everythings going well.

Qxzi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep your pants on Fatty! I've been busy, man! That said, I'm at work so I don't have time to get to all the replies but I will soon. And I'll have a proper update soon as well. Thanks to all for the comments and for all the support. I appreciate you guys continually checking this bare sketchbook out to see if I hit it up. I should have a decent update soon.

That said, things are going really well and I've started my first full time position as a 2D artist. My hardwork as an intern paid off and I'll continue to learn the ropes of the video game industry as a full time employee. Pretty exciting, eh?! More on that later but I wanted to drop a link to a desktop wallpaper that was made out of a digital painting I did for the game we're working on. I didn't design or create the desktop but the painting that's been cropped in is all mine. If I get approval I'll post the actual painting. The desktop is zoomed in pretty tight on the painting so it looks pretty loose in areas. But this was actually supposed to be an in game graphic so it was shrunk down to be a painting on a wall. It certainly looks tighter then. I'm just happy to show something that I've done as it's all NDA unless it gets released to the public. I have been working, I promise! And I think I'm improving... I think. lol So like I said, if I get the approval I'll just post the painting I did. I don't see why it'd be a big deal since this is on our games website now.

So yea, here's a small update and hopefully I'll have more for you guys soon. Thanks again for stickin' around with me. If it weren't for all of you I wouldn't have grown this far! Enjoy and happy holidays! I've got loads of presents to buy!! ARGH!!

Link to other desktops (this is the only one by me up there so far, the one I'm including in this post, I mean.) :http://www.play.net/hj/news.asp?id=108

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Zebz! Fantastic work man! You´ve improved so much since last time i saw your stuff!
    Great to see man!

Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The new digital paintings are excellent, some of your best stuff! I can't wait till the NDA ends!

TURBOFANATIC

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey all, thanks for the comments. I'm at work and don't have time to reply at the moment but I will tonight and I'll also add a few sketchbook pages up for good measure. I just got word that they posted some of my concept art to our company website (http://www.play.net/hj/gallery/#conceptart) so I wanted to share it with you guys here. Again this is stuff for our MMORPG, Hero's Journey. I've been working mainly on concepting the dwarves. The guys you'll see below are the Warrior, GearKnight and the Rogue. I'm sure I'll have more to say later but I've got to get back to work. Enjoy! I'm not dead! Just busy! Cheers and happy new year!

Ryan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's good to hear that you're busy busting some heads man! Not sure if Joel told you or not, but i've got some goodies for my bro-ski's. I need yo' address though... so let me know. Cheers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like the last concepts man, your ideas make me jealous like you
    have no idea thanks for posting those, I need the inspiration!!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.