Sketchbook: Zebz's Sketchbook: One more update for the road... 1/8/09 - Page 7
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That s super nice!!! The image tells a story, nice shading, good composition! Nice stuff!!! Gooood! Keep em posted Ryan!

SKETCHBOOK

Sinister Six Sketch Group
    Since 2003, sorta.
    Cookiedough Fooxoo Hyver Wolfje character
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That last pic's beautiful! How do you keep your darks smooth? Softer pencils?

Mid.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh man. oh man. oh maan!
    fucking badass pencil stuff lately! you´re getting better by the minute, mate!
    i love your logo as well. very fine stuff!
    awesome that you´re asskicking with both drawing and more graphic design´ish stuff!
    keep inspiring us!

love! /flaskpost

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

two updates in three DAYS?!?!?

WHAT got into that zebz?!?!?! friskies!!!! (sorry... you know, the old cat food commercial??? I can never rid my head of these jingles)

seriously... very nice work ... i'm going to have to get the full rundown from this Flatulent komodo when i get the opportunity i'm sure yr show is gonna be rocking!

cheers!

joel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woo, way to step up the ante! Love the arms on the dude, great render!
    If I had one crit (and wouldn't you know it: I do!) its that the reflected light hitting the bottom of the ogre mofo's face is too strong, makes his head appear closer and therefore disconnected from the body. :X
    And yes, i am way uber-jealous of your book collection. I miss having moneys
    Oh well, least Ive got more hair then guggen

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dammit, that last one is just awesome! The expression on the big guy is priceless and this composition really works because they could be up to just about anything; this causes the viewer to kind of interact more by injecting their own adventure in there. Successful piece, I'd say.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn man, nice!! Although the eyes on the man dont seem to be looking in the same spot. great job though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AldayJay: Thanks, mate! I need to make my rounds over to your book too. Glad you like the new works.

brok3kenspirit: Maybe we should disband. lol Doesn't seem to be much activity for most of us lately being busy or something. Glad you like the drawing, man. Yea, that brown paper is great. And it's cheap! Just butcher paper!

fooxoo: Thanks! I will!!

Midnight: Thanks a lot. Yea, prolly... the secret to good pencils is patience and loads of layering. Done be afraid to erase and mix it up with other pencil softnesses. Keep at it!

flaskpost: I'm inspiring people?! Sweetness! Hope you like the next update of graphics. Nothin' to write home about but what the heck. Keep comin' back for da' real thing, Flask ol' boy!

Gugg: That's for all the help tonight with pricing and all that good stuff. You really remind me that what the crap I'm doing here with my art is for real. I ain't just some random guy drawin' funny pictures. I appreciate the encouragment and constant butt kicking you hand me to keep me going!! We're gonna sketch so much in MTL that we're gonna run outta pencils and have to smear our blood around on the canvas with a stick!! And yea, I remember that Friskies stuff.. lol You bring the most random dishes to the table, Gugg. lol Much love.

SirGreenSock: Nik, you're hillarious. Good chattin' with ya and gettin' your opinions tonight. And yea, you're right about the crit. I'll be sure to fix the wrongs in it when I get it back from the show. It's kinda too late now. Keep pointing out the flaws tho! I'm still proud of it!! And yea, you need to get on the book club bandwagon... I just bought the new N8VanDyke one yesterday! Ships May 1st! Yea!!

madplanet: Thanks a lot! I really like how it turned out too. It's a fun piece. Random but fun. The lighting I think helps the composition. It's definately one of the best works I've ever done. Glad you enjoyed your look at it!

Mitch: Thanks, bro. I'll take a look at that crit and see what I can do. I think they're alright tho. Keep at it!
    -----------------------------------
    Well, you guys were talking about graphics work and my logo and stuff... which I'd still like more help with since I'm gonna maybe use the thing. But I thought I'd update with this project I just finished tonight (pending no more revisions) for a T shirt design for my school. It's pretty simple, a few caricatures in a Royal Flush, just black and white line art. Easy cheesy. And I'm also posting some logo work I've done over the past year or so. I've got a lot of this sort of stuff. I don't do it as much as I used to but it really helped me get aquainted with Illustrator and get used to working with people doing freelance. So, something different. And I don't have to scan a dang thing so that makes it even better for me! lol I need to do that scan and dump soon tho. We'll see. I'm pretty tired, lazy and streched for time. ARG. Much love, guys. See ya in the next update.

BTW, my stuff is matted and framed and ready to hang. I'll post pics from the show when it's all hung and good to go. Assuming I can take decent pictures of it. Heh. I'm outta here. Lata.

Ry

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ryan my man, just wanted to drop some love and respect. It's good to be well rounded as an artist, and you've done that here with the graphics. Gotta get my hands on illustrator myself. And you already know i'm loving the pencils for the show, don't worry about impressing others but yourself. The best feeling is when you know you've improved but keep pushing yourself even further. I'm liking the pictures showing parts of your "studio", it's nice to see others' work areas. And i'd like to say thanks for being apart of this art journey with me and the DOOM, it's always a good feeling to know that other's have got my back. Cheers, man.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Love your studies, well actually your whole sketchbook. And the reading I have to do on your sketchbook is like mine. Haha, I thought talking too much on my sb was a problem.

You inspire me and nooo, i dont think you'll be living in your parent's basement all your life. You've got too much skillz!! I'm still livin with my folks, but that's because they are super gracious and give me mercy for going to our community college to get the basics outta the way. I can't wait for art college!! GAHHH!!

Keep up the sweet work and you'll def see my face around here (your sb) more often. Oh and those ads look freakin sweet and pro!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    woah! man, you've got some great logos! really cool and so many too. thanks for droppin by my thread and givin me some ego food.

my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man, busting out the graphic design skills also, nice man,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that last sketch is dope. call it Three's Company

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just got home from your show... Sweet!

Ha-ha Suckas! I got to hang with Zebs tonite! Aaaaand that fat kid is comin' on friday, so I get to hang with them and maybe Atlas too. This is an A++ week!

Later!
    KC

You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Zord: Thanks, man. I'm trying to be well rounded. I've been working with graphics for a long time now so I'm fairly familiar with it. I seldom join my traditional stuff with my digital stuff but I really should attempt to marry them together more. We shalt see! Thanks for stoppin' in! And don't worry, always got your back, bro!

MattGamer: Heh, hope to see you around more, bro. Glad you like my SB! And glad I could inspire you to pick up the pencil again. It's crazy what this site does for my inspiration! BTW, dont' worry about the wordy thing... yea, I got the bug too. lol

Pennington: Thanks! And you're welcome!

Darktwin: Thanks.

Tyranx: LoL That's a great idea! Too bad it's already on display now. Man, I may have to change the name if I use that crap again! Ha!

kingcoyote: Whatzzzup?!?! Thanks again for comin' out tonight and showin' mad support. I really appreciate it, man. It was also great to finally meet ya. Hopefully we'll be seein' much more of eachother! Lookin' forward to Friday too with Fatty!! Right on!!!

-----------------------------------
    Well, I had a great time at my Senior Show tonight and had a lot of people seeming to dig my work. I think average layman leans towards a liking for illustration rather than fine artsy stuff so it was cool to be well recieved, even if I did have Harry Potter fan art in my art show by accident. lol ANYHOW. It was so awesome havin' my friends and family come down and look at my crap. I didn't sell anything (yet anyhow) tho several people would have liked to had I priced them more affordable. lol It's cool tho because I wasn't really ready to see 'em go. But yea, it was awesome. I even got to see my boy KingCoyote (Jeff) who came down to take a look and have a beer with me afterwards (ok, I didn't drink but next time I will! lol). I'm sorry I don't have better pictures and if you want to see more you can check out my page on Facebook... if you don't have that or don't know what that means than just ignore that last comment. lol So here are a few pics from the evening. Again, sorry, my camera sucks and it's hard to shoot good pics through the glass of the frames. ACK! Hope you like 'em! Maybe I'll shoot s'more when I get 'em home and un frame em to take better pics. We'll see. I'm one month away from graduating college guys!! Wiggity Wack!!

In other news, ThatFatKid (Andrew) is coming down this weekend to spend it with your's truly. Definately lookin' forward to meetin' Andrew and getting our sketch on. I'm sure I'll have more pics of that as well. Should have some pics of KingCoyote with us too as he's going to tag along with us a lil bit. Should be a pre-workshop blast!! This week has been the best ever!! So, I should have a healthy update after this weekend. 'Till then, I guess enjoy the pics of my show! Take it easy, peeps!!

Four of my works got their own wall.. Oooo....

"The Day Of Pentecost"

Bixby the Blower... you wouldn't believe how many people wanted this freakin' image... Many settled for my promise that I'd eventually print it on a T-Shirt... lol Guess I should make that Children's book afterall...

"T Is For Teamwork"

"Gotta Get Up To Get Down", a page I jazzed up from my sketchbook.

"Big Top", another page you'll recognize from this SB... these last two drawings were in another room mixed with other works from other peoples. Prolly got looked over, I dunno.

Me and my buddy, ATLAS2900 (Kevin) who was also in the show...

Me and Jeff (KingCoyote) standing by some of my works... This was the first time I'd actually met Jeff face to face so it was really cool to meet him and to have him come out to my show... Nice to find someone else with similar goals and interests! Very cool dude...

And here's KingCoyote again at Applebee's after the show. Sarah (My GF) and I went there for some dinn and he went there for some beerz. And despite what this picture may tell you, he didn't have that many. Heh.

Gooooood times. You should have seen all of my classmates tailgating outside the show because there wasn't alcohol in the show. lol They showed up at Applebee's later, some of 'em a bit drunk. Ah, college days... almost over now... kinda sad... G'nite guys.

Ry

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Havent been here in while, you got nothing but my complete respect
    for all the hard work and cool results your are getting now a days,
    KEEP on ROCKING, Im deeply inspired and evious at the same time

See ya later bro!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Must be weird meeting cats from the site, like meeting celebrities. I would get autographs. I'll have to hate on you for "Big Top", you didn't even finish it. I guess I'll randomly add that I too wear glasses, I want to get that laser surgery. Congratulations on the show. By the way, how much were you charging for the drawings?

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey,

seems like you had fun there man! Looks like it all went good for you, and im glad . I like the "The Day Of Pentecost" the best Did you take any picures of any of your other classmates drawings/paintings? If not, dont worry, i was just interested

Qxzi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Once again... Great show Ryan! Like I said, you have great potential to go a long way. Just don't blow it by getting down on yerself, you know?

I had meant to ask you about "The Day of Pentacost". Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but... Pentecost is judgement day, right? Where all the souls of the rightous go to heaven, and the damned go to hell. So I assume that the little glowey balls are these peoples souls. What I wanted to ask is, "What is the significance of all the people with mouths agape and tounges sticking out, except the dude with his mouth sewn shut?"

Had a great time talking to you last night... Sorry for bending your ear so much! Ha-ha! Oh... and in that last pic of me, I hadn't had any beers yet!

...And you were very brave for trying the stout.

Later.
    KC

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Let it be known and the record show that DOOOOM CREW heartland edition™ fucking OWNS!

OOH! OOH! OOH!, and since you're doing stuff in illustrator: -----> Why not make your May much more interesting?

hearts, arts, and farts,
    gugg

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; April 6th, 2006 at 11:09 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woo awesome show!
    Wish I lived anywhere near there, would be down to say hi in a second! Gonna have to settle for Montreal to get to meet all you guys SO CLOSE NOW!!!
    Great pics, like how you finished off the ones I saw unfinishied!
    When Andrew comes down, make sure to remind him to update more often!

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice update man. Nice to see you almost graduating!! Great pieces... and believe me, i know how hard it is to take pictures of your stuff in the glass... with the stupid reflections and all. Haha

I love how CA just grasps you then doesn't let you go... so you have to keep drawing or you'll be left in the dust. Well, for some of us. Haha
    What are you going to do after college? Gotten any job proposals lately?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Soy... you mean soy. Missouri grows a ton of it. Those folks across the border do corn... Oh, and cows! Did you know that Missouri is the second largest bovine producer in the country? Only the great state of Texas can beat us! ...and they're welcome to the title.

I like to use Luke's description of Tatooene... "If there's a bright center of the universe, then this is the place it's furthest from."

Sorry to Hijack your SB Ryan... Just stoked is all!

Later.
    KC

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey zebs, great show!! all your works are really top. the day of pentacost is great! what was your motive behind it. it looks like a commentary on the early christian church. having people filled w/ the Holy Spirit making them kida like zombies or something. and boxby the blower reminds me of the flight comic. and i think it's a little simpler and that gives it a lot too. sometimes less is more. great job on it. oh yeah and it looks like you and KC had a lot a fun, he's such a goof. cool, later.

my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey m8! congrats on the show - they look great!! now i see why you want to see more traditional work from me....you pwn this!
    peace and may there be many more shows after this one.
    cheers!
    d

btw: did i tell you that i used to work at St Louis U's BMC department - my first job out of grad school. sometimes i miss st. louis, but then i think of the heat and gun tottin' drivers you don't wanna piss off and i say 'naw....i'll pass on that.' lol!

btw2: and definitely jump on the vector challenge joel stated above!

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congrats on the show! I don't see a lot of pencil work in the galleries near me (admittedly, that's not many...), and it's great to see this!

Thanks for dropping by my SB, btw, and keep rocking with the pencils!

Mid.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow that stuff is lookin mighty bling hung up in the gallery. Lovin Day of the Pentecost. Great values, great faces!Awesome work man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

I wanted to go to the show but couldn't-
    How long will your work be up there?
    By the way thanks for letting me visit the other day
    (before your birthday) it was verry cool- to
    look through your Sketchbook...

I'm going to attempt to sculpt the stiched stomach dude
    I'll show you the progress when I get anywhere with it.
    I'm gonna guess at what his back looks like.

Got church in the morning- gotta go...
    -Lloyd

Ok- here it is: my stuff. -xsfx2000
    Here is the cool place I work at: Robot Monkey Lab
    ... (Special Effects & other cool stuff...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hell yah man look good !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stufff and on the wall!!! Sexaaay! I love that elephant pic too

SKETCHBOOK

Sinister Six Sketch Group
    Since 2003, sorta.
    Cookiedough Fooxoo Hyver Wolfje character

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    those recent pencils...wow great stuff, those renderings rock. Totally inspired me big time today

Minneapolis and kansas city occassionally
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man, looks like it all came together pretty well for you. congratulations on finishing it all up. i know the amount of work it takes to do it and you came through and finished it up rrull nice-like. i like the day of pentecost and teamwork pieces a lot. they came together really tight and finished looking. the forms look really gestural and well formed and the rendering is sharp. thanks for checkin out the webpage and as for it not having enough stuff on it, i'll be gettin around to that sometime POST-graduation. heh, i think you understand the lack of time for that kinda stuff, but be ready, i've got a bit more to throw on there. take it easy, hope everything ended well for you. now i gotta get back to my final month..busybusybusybusybusybusybusybusybusy....

-charlie

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by redehlert
    btw: ... sometimes i miss st. louis, but then i think of the heat and gun tottin' drivers you don't wanna piss off and i say 'naw....i'll pass on that.' lol!
    get on the vector challenge catamaran and defend the corn and cheese against certain DOOM ™

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, man.. congrats on the show.. looks great in those frames... Hey, I started up a Pen TD. check it out... last day to sign up is today.. I wouldnt be a pen TD without ya

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great sketches Zebz. I'd love to see them in person :/ Nice logos too

Sketchbook
    Sketch(up)book
    Blog
    Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------------
    TEAM CHOW - Nasty Sausages
    ------------------------------------------------------
    CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:
    The Ocean Collective

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Zebz, been really inspired and motivated by your work for a while now, congrats on the show, in the middle getting ready for one of those

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow...that's pretty sweet, havin' a whole wall to yourself. I'm glad to see "Gotta Get Up to Get Down" there, really like that one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sounds like it was a good time. I'm really diggin your stuff, hopefully you'll have more time to draw now that school is almost over...or maybe you wont sicne you might have to work more......anyways, I look forward to more.

Sketchbook Support Group #26

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool show!!! i love your illustrations, it really makes me think I should sit down and finish rendering a piece in pencil. some of your drawings make me think of wes's sketchbook...you both are very good at composition and sticking random things together ^^

i'm so jealous that you got a show ...have you sold anything?

HP Farvus Onir YihyoungLi d-CepT
    --------------------------------
    www.emilysu.net
    Facebook me! Emily Su at UTexas at Dallas!!!
    emilysuart.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    drop us a bone would ya!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really great stuff! Congrats on getting a show!

I can't come up with any specific crits now, (this is probably a good thing), but I'll start to think up some stuff later.

FASTIDIOUS SKETCHFIENDS of the FANTASTIC FOURTEENTH ESCHELON
    staylor| inkfish | rodrigo! | ah.heng | maxetormer | bRØk3n_sPiRiT | Max1975 | ZebzFree

TURBOFANATIC

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I had thought about giving the group a break, I dunno. I do wanna get my sb updating again and I'd keep in touch even if we disbanded for a while.

Those logos are great work man! Very good presentation, professional stuff.

Congrats on the gallery show too, they look very good as well.
    Dude, I thought you had a 'fro

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work man, congrats on graduating and stuff!
    i noticed in "T Is For Teamwork" that the guys arms might be a bit long, especially when compared to the upper arm's length..
    cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool!

Neoknocker

Sketches. Crits are welcomed!

CHOW Time!

“I think you do what you’re destined to do, if you follow your heart and you follow your path, then you’ll always be safe with anything that you do, including art.”
    Serj Tankian -singer with System of a Down-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Bitch ass! I updated... It only took me how many months. Let's see what you got working.
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...836#post830836

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I noticed you don't have your website up and running yet... Other than the front page.

I'm gonna try not to sound like a butt-wad, but you only have a hair over a month to get yourself together, and you have a lot of work to do, and I know you're capable of it (in spite of how you run yourself down), and it's time to shake off the "I gottas" and start the doing. (How was that for the run-on sentence of DOOOOM?)

It worries me that you're going to talk yourself out of (or just let them pass you by) some great oppourtunities.

I hope this wasn't too much, it was just something I was thinking about, and felt I needed to share with you. Talk at you later!

Your friend (I hope still)
    KC

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey king, zebz, SHHHHHHHHH!
    Whispers: "yikes it's study & finals time here at the citadel. library and study hours are 6 am to 4 am in the morning, we're currently beleaguered. Zebz is gonna have it togetha through some bad weatha floatin like a featha... everyone else is gearing up for hellish academia finals, but i'm actually working towards becoming a hip hop MC "

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ryan, in all sincerity, [Jeff]Coyote, [Joel]maneuver, Fat[Andrew], and everyone at the Doom wish you godspeed and a little bit of luck with graduating and getting everything together. It's definitely going to be a hellish 2 weeks for everyone with final tests/projects. Hopefully you gots everything unda' control and you're not pulling your hair out too much. Just think, MONTREAL in a month and a half!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

nice bfa

wow,,

so much high render, polished work in one post...... It is great to see all the products of one persons labors all at once like that..... really impressive.....All of them demonstrate a really great control of tone, the use of erasure and nice graphic flourishes for drawing faces......

crits,,,(if you don't mind, hehe)

Draw more hands, they aren't bad, but compared to the way you handle and render other things, they stick out a little bit...

Draw people from the back 3/4 views more,,,, I think it is very imp. for a comp with a crowd of people to have some of the folks gazing into the composition with the viewer......Also it forces us as drawers to realize what we need to illustrate.....it also gives a lot of insight into the way an ear actually behaves on a head....

you obviously have a high level of comfort when you work tonally,,,,,I would love to see more use of hatching and visible groupings of line to describe form.... it helps a lot when you are creating zones of focus to distinguish less important areas,,,,,,, when you get into the periphery and bg elements of a comp, looser shading and lighter marks really pop a higher rendered zone of interest even more......

Oh well that is enough out of me,,,,con"grad"ulations on a really impressive show,,,, good luck with your exploits in the real world...hehe.... keep up the awesome work.....and thanks a lot for sharing it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DUDE where you been!

my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow. This is gonna be an update for all times! lol Let me just do the dump first and I'll get at the comments in another post. I've just got tooooooo much catching up to do! Lets get 'er rollin'!

As I noted in my last update, I had the gracious pleasure of meeting KingCoyote in person at my senior show. And then on the 7th of April I find mysefl meeting up with another fellow CA.org groupie, ThatFatKid! That's right, kids! DOOM CREW HEARTLAND EDITION MEET UP!!! If you weren't here than you missed out. That's all I have to say. And I wouldn't be a nice guy if I didn't give you a taste of the action so before I dive into my sketchbook update here's another update of sorts. LISTEN IN! THE DOOM IS CHATTERING!! CAN YOU FEEL IT?! We just took your virginity... right then. TO THE PICS!

The group before we went out for some delicious Chimi's at Chevy's. Left to right, Atlas2900 (Kevin), ME, KingCoyote (Jeff), ThatFatKid, Andrew. Aren't we a hot group of midwest boyz? Your mother thinks so.

ThatFatKid witha crappy life drawing I did of him...

Me with a drawing that Fatty did of me... for somereason, the Doomers love to draw me... everyone has pics of me in their SB now. lol Must be the rolls. They're fun to draw... and make love to. Ladies... you listenin'?

Sketch collab... 5 min each... I think we need to work on this sort of thing... lol

The boys at my apartment... I just liked the pic of Jeff... ha

It's always a sad time when KingCoyote leaves and this occassion was no different...

Fatty samplin' some Fitz Root Beer... I'm from the Loop and I'm proud! I live in Nelly's hometown and he has a star down in this area of town and Fatty says someday I'm gonna have a star right next to Nelly's! FATTY HAS SPOKEN! Yes!

Fatty and his faithful moleskin at Applebee's... we really did eat like Fat Kids this weekend... and we drank more Vault than I ever thought I could. I was sugar high and caffine strung out for days afterwards!

Man love... I met him on the internet...

My travel partner for MTL... heck yes... and he's a pretty great guy too!

FatKid doin' the Milligan before he takes off... ha...

TRANSMISSON COMPLETE.

Stay tuned! Next post.... sketchbook update!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK... next update is the sketchbook.... sorry to split this all up.... I just knew I'd prolly mess something up and delete a whole post or something. lol Anyhow, on with the update! I've got a lot of random crap in this update so I hope you still like at least some of it. I guess I should do my little update on myself as well. Things are goin' pretty good. Things have been busy but there is a light at the end of the tunnel, school is almost over! Graduation is just around the bend and man, I'm ready to get out of these classes. It'll be nice to actually just work on the stuff I want to work on for a while. I think this update will show I'm losin' steam in a few areas. Just trying to wrap it all up. But yea, I'm sorry I haven't been updating properly. I've just been lazy and busy and... excuses, excuses. Don't you love me stream of thought rambling? It's great!

So hopefully I'll be developing some new stuff for a portfolio soon. I'm going to apply to a local game company here in town (yea, in STL, go figure) so I've gotta have s'more concept art type stuff in my porfolio. I'm pretty psyched to get into some digital paints too. Just haven't had the time... and when I have I've been doin' other things. I'm so tired of stupid design projects and all of the rest of the crap that goes with school. ARGH... hopefully I'll have my act together for Montreal. Here's to hopin'!

So, yea, here's the update... I'll reply to everyone in another post after this one.... so sorry!

Workin' out some stuff for the mechanical guy thunderdome challege... looked to much like a Mortal Kombat guy...

Mo' of the same...

Random...

Lifedrawing from class... pencil... can you tell I'm tired of school? Don't draw life studies like Zebz in his final semester of college.

My crap drawing of Andrew... from life....

Zombie things and another life drawing of Andrew up in the right corner...

More random with Andrew again in the right corner... these two were ballpoint...

PIRATE! Trying to think of a dude to back me up int the pen challege I didn't turn anything in for...

More lifedrawing.... pencil... crappppppyyyyyyy....

Trying to find more ideas for my back up guy again... something more bad ass... didn't really find much....

My pen thing that I was experimenting with for the challege... again, I didn't turn any of this stuff in tho.

Mo' crappy life drawing... pencil...

Sketches for a cool ink project for illustration that I'm workin' on. I should have the inks finished on Wed night so I'll post 'em. Lookin' pretty cool so far.

Collab with ThatFatKid...

Mini-Moleskin stuff... first two from life.... others are just doodles...

Self portrait of myself as a Saint for drawing class... we had a month or so to do this... lol I did it all tonight in like two or three hours. Charcoal... I had to use the flash on the pic so it looks kinda strange... washed out, lotta white... I'll post both images I guess... The saint is supposed to be the Patron Saint Against Snakes...

http://ryanbowlin.com/Sketchbook/sb175b.gif
    This was pretty cool... I bet you can't tell who it is tho... lol Guache painting with prismas over it on a matte mediumed illo board. I can't wait to get into more of these. Very fun.

Alright, hope you liked and I hope it was semi worth the wait. I apologize for not bein' on top of things! It'll prolly be that way more often, at least until things settle down for me when I move home or something. We'll see. BTW, what happened to the stars? So sad. OK, next post... replies to the commentary!!!

STAY TUNED AGAIN!

-Ryno

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those oven-mitt, crab-claw, puppets crack me up! Ha-ha!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool update! thius thread is turning into a photo album that sp looks like a fatter version of jack nicolson hahaha
    i like the painting but im not really a fan of that red outline
    cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As I was postin' that last one, you dumped the pictures. So... I was kinda' late.

Big dumps are always hard to talk about... there's just too much to wrap your head around. It's also hard to comment in your SB 'cause we've already talked about most of this stuff. I kinda' feel like it's the responsible thing to do though, you know?

I really liked the little marker drawings on that first TD sketch (of the robot...). Exploring the shapes and such... I watched a short clip on the Gnomon Workshop website... one of Feng Zhu's robot tutorials, and he did something similar. It seems to be a good approach to mechanical things. Deal with the shapes first, and then deal with the functions. I think the fat guy in the "throne" was a stronger desigh than the one that you actually went with too...

Saying your life drawings are crap really annoys those of us that really do produce the feces... I agree that it isn't yer best work, but lay off the self depridation for goodness sake!

Saint George is lookin' pretty hot so far... looking forward to seeing the finished one!

Leonardo huh? I was always partial to Donatello or Raphael, myself...

Lots of really nice portraits of Fatty BTW!

I like your SP as Saint Patrick... It looks more like you're creeped out by it than about to smite it with the rightous fury of god though.

The gouche pic totally does not look like who it's supposed to be... like I said the other night though, it's beautifully done. I think you're better with color than you think you are...

It's late... I'm going to bed.
    Talk at ya later!
    KC

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ryan, good to see you in high spirits and posting again. This is a Sock sized dump right here. I'm really digging the photo's too, it's sort of a pre-cursor to Montreal...WHICH IS REALLY REALLY REALLY SOON. It's good to see Doomlove right before our very eyes... yes, there is such a thing. Hopefully you're doing well with things going as planned, and remember that the Doom's got yo' back SON.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    REEEEE-PLIIIIIEEESSSS:::

Let me first of all say thanks a lot to everyone who's been postin' in my books and really pushin' me to press on! I really appreciate the encouragment. And to those of you in my newly formed sketchgroup, I promise, I'll make it to your threads in the next day or so!! Promise!! I'm sucha loser sketchgroup kid. Sorry, ya'll.

Maxetormer: Hey, thanks alot, man. I'm trying! You're stuff is really kickin' some inspiration in all of us lately! You keep at it too!

Armando: Heh, yea, it's great meetin' up with peoples. And sorry, I kind of liked the unfinished nature of some of those sketches... don't I do enough finished renders for you!?! Jeez! lol

Qzxi: Glad you liked it! I wasn't that happy with the Pentecost one but it's cool to see that others did like it. And yea, I got pics of some of the other work I ain't hostin' it at the moment.

KingCoyote: You can bend my ear anytime, bro. It was great meetin' you and I'm psyched to have a new art friend to bounce ideas and creative times off of. And thanks for your assurance and believin' in me and all that jazz.... it really is crazy encouraging. You have no idea, man! I'll try to stop havin' such a bad attitude... I'm a loozzer. Wait... no I'm not... lol

Guggen: GUUUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEENNNNNNNN!!!! 'Nuff said. I love you, brotha man. I can't wait to assemble in MTL... gonna be like the freakin' Wonder Twins! FORM OF..... WATERING HOLE! Thanks for the support, man.

Greensock: Thanks! It was fun and it was also a blast hangin' with Fatty. YOU'RE NEXT, NIK! Are you ready for the Zebz?

ThatFatKid: COME BACK AND VISIT! I miss ya, man! And bring s'more Vault! lol

MattGamer: Thanks, man. No idea on life after school. I've got a couple things I'm workin' on and feelin' out. We'll just have to see what doors God opens, y'know? No job proposals yet... but in time hopefully! Heh! You keep at it too, man!

Pennington: Heh, thanks! Yea, it was fun to show off some of my stuff and have random people talk to me about it. Glad you liked the Pentecost drawing. You're movin' in the right direction but it's more of a personal piece... the basic premise is that you can have the holy spirit and not speak in tongues... and that it's not your fault if you can't. I had an experience with an ex who used my lack of tongue speaking as one of the many reasons for a break up... this was the image that came to my mind at the time when dealing with that. And after a year we finally get the outcome of my thoughts! And yea, I guess you might be getting some underlying stuff out of the zombie ness.... I didn't really mean for that but I think it's fitting... religion and the corporate Christianity that runs rampid in our country today is really sick and sad. It's a business and a social club nowadays. People are just missing the point and I'm tired of seeing the Church sell Jesus like he's a bottle of coke or a hit song by Nelly... Eh, I won't blab on... but I could. Thanks again for your comments, man.

Redhelert: Pfft, I don't OWN anything! lol You used to live here?! Holy crap! Why didn't I ever know you! lol That's cool and naw, don't sweat it... STL is a nice place to live and raise a fam... but there ain't nothin' for art here, man. Maybe I'll just move to where ever you are... aren't you Seattle? I hear there's a great scene there! Thanks for the props, bro.

Midnight: Thanks!

Andy P: Heh, bling... yea, amazing what a frame can do to a work. Glad you like 'em man!

XFXFS2000: Thanks, bro! It was good talking to you as well. I can't wait to see you sculpt that thing! You could really bring that mug to life! I'll make sure we get you in on the next sketchgroup meet up. Hang in there!

Liam: WHOA! Is that a ghost??

FooXoo: Thanks! Girls love 'dem some elephant boys! Heh. You keep at it too!

Kresh: Inspired ya?! Way cool! Keep at it, man.

CBurt: Thanks, man. Get your shit together and lemme kno when you're all hung up in KC. I wanna check that out. Good luck on wrappin' up your works as well. Loads of work, huh? I just want OUT!!! lol

Guggen: No. lol You can keep the corn...

Vigostar: Hey, thanks! Sorry I missed the pen challenge... I apperciate the props and nod of confidence tho. Means a lot.

ThirdEye: Thanks a lot!

CaliburZed: Good luck with your show! I'm glad you like my sketchbook of crap!

Max1975: I finished it up, just for you.

Brall: Thanks, man. I'm hopin' for the same thing! Time to do some work I actually want to work on for a change... keep checkin' back!

HPSplashLuvr: Thanks! Lookin' forward to meetin' you in MTL! I'm glad you like what I've been kickin' around in here. I also appreciate the nod to Wes' stufff. He's a huge influence to me and everyone else so it's always cool to get even a slight comparison! Someday, maybe I'll be that good! HA! Yea, right. lol And no, I didn't sell anything... I priced it all really high so I could keep it. lol

Max: Bone dropped.

Staylor: Hey! Thanks for lettin' me into the SG, bro. And thanks for the commentary. Lookin' forward to more in the future. I'll be by your book soon.

Bro3kenSpriit: You thought I had a fro? lol

Rodrigo: Yea, I did that guy from photo ref I shot and it seems long to me too.... but what the heck... we all want long arms, right? lol Thanks for pointing out the crit, mate.

NeoNocker: Thanks!

Fatty: HERE YOU GREEDY BASTARD! Now come visit me again...

Atlas2900: JERK. I love you.

KingCoyote: All I can say is thanks, man. You're right. We'll talk more about this on Friday. Much appreciated kick in the arse. You're so sweet to me.

Guggen: Thanks... yes... two more weeks to go... than we can have a post college celebration!!! CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES C'MON!!! lol The Citadel is gonna be seriously rockin'.

Zord: Thanks, man. I'm survivin'. Just need to do important things like build a portfolio and crap... but I haven't had the drive to do it with school work on my back. Eh, two mo' weeks. Thanks for the support.

CodaKromek: Duuude! Thanks a lot for postin' and crittin' me. I'm takin' it all to heart and will definately put it into effect! I hope you stop by more often, man. Keep dishin' out that inspirin' stuff. If I ever make it to NYC you've gotta lemme watch the magic go down on your PC and sketchbook, alright? Thanks again for all the great commentary and critz. Much appreciated.

Pennington: I'm right HERE! lol

KingCoyote: Yea.... lol.... we pretty much need some hardcore work on our collabs... HA! Thanks for all the comments and critz... I'd write more but I'm freakin' tired and I've gotta workin the mornin... I will say that yes, I'm supposed to be scared of the snake in the pic... I wanted to draw my face in a more distorted fashion so I had Pravesh take a pic of me making scared faces at my chest... I just tried to use my fear of my overweight body as inspiration... lol I gotta stop rambling... get me off this thing... this update took all of two hours and half hours. lol

Rodrigo: You're such a purist! lol We need photos! They're the spice of life. Ha! Thanks for stoppin' in, man. Yea, I like it a bit... I just think I need to break it up in some areas.

Zord: Thanks again for the props and support. You're such a team player. I'm glad you've got my back. And sock sized dump? Hardly. lol He's a machine. Talk at ya later, Radio Rock God.

There ya have it. Bed time now. G'nite ladies and gentz. Thanks for watching.

Ry

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice updates man, like your self portrait saint type, is the snake supposed to be a real existing snake or some weird fantasy one? Glad to see your pics man, you really show you had a good time. Good luck with the job bro, I think you gonna get it!

Each one, teach one. P e a c e

VS

Check out My Sketchbook

Latin & Spanish Group

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha as soon as i posted i saw you were viewing the thread and was like "yep he's gonna post somethin." and it's great too. huge! you're really doing great. just don't get senioritis, specially for art! yeah i've been feeling the same way about the church being too corporate and not so much sharing a relationship with christ, or maybe it's just my own and so i'm the one who seeds to realize my position is not where it should be. yeah the only thing i have to say is the same thing that codakromek said, use more groupings of lines, it makes it a bit cleaner. ha, like i should know i never shade. good stuff later.

my sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Leonardo was my favorite ninja turtle, that pic didn't load on my first look. By the way what were the prices of your drawings at your show? There's some cool stuff in this update like that pen experiment and that painting. Looks like you rushed the hatching on those life drawings, I guess they were around an hour. Instead of rushing right into the rendering get the whole pose blocked in first, get the proportions and contours right, then worry about the rendering.

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.