Sketchbook: Zebz's Sketchbook: One more update for the road... 1/8/09 - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Zebz's Sketchbook: One more update for the road... 1/8/09

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man, great stuff, nice anatomy, and the "my typical sketchbook over render one page binge" was really nice

keep it up

cheers

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love your progress Zebs, really inspiring! Now lets see some color!
    Tim

[url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't see a crappy update. I see an artist pushing through *something*. Just keep pushing and trust yourself, man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, really sorry I haven't stopped earlier, I've been slacking like a mutherf*cker : S

I really like sb103.jpg! But I'm going to give you the same crit you gave me some time back
    It looks scribbly, but not too scribly. The problem isn't the scribbly-ness because you have a good sense of form and it shows. What I think its lacking is more rythm. I can't really explain this, hell even Loomis talks funky about it. But you can read his comments on it on page 41 of "Drawing the Head and Hands", here and here in case you don't have it printed. Its only 2 pages, if you haven't read it, I urge you to do it, its invaluable stuff.

By the way, are you going to the next workshop? I'm dying to go and I don't know if I cant get the money but I'm gonna try like hell.

Cheers man, I already said this to other people, but only because I mean it:
    dont ever give up. Keep the desire burning.

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Z, thkx for coming by my SB. I dig your renderings and pencils man, you have the right idea on how to get the right outcomes without too much saturation or excesive details.

Keep it up yo!

Each one, teach one. P e a c e

VS

Check out My Sketchbook

Latin & Spanish Group

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was just looking at this that also deals with rythm, I dont know if you've seen it. I'm gonna start trying to study this stuff, I think it could give a lot of vitality and more flow to figures.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dang it.

I just replied to all those comments and then erased the bastards by hitting the wrong button. Grrr. Ok. I'll respond to ya'll later, ok? I'm just going to get some work up and then I'll re-issue the replies. Man, I hate that. I do that all the time!!!

My first week off of school hasn't been very fruitful. I've either been haning with friends, going to concerts (saw U2 - amazing and I've got some Ben Folds coming tonight), working or sleeping all day. Slacker. I have manged to scribble a bit so I'll just post what I've got. It ain't much. I need to get on some of these Christmas present drawings so I'll be focusing on those now. I've been really procrastinating as usual. So be looking for those in the next update. On with my dump.

Just some inky scibbles.

More inky scribbles but this time they're out of my Bridgman book... with added stuff... boring.

More doodles.

Ink doodles. Was going to really work on this page with random things but got bored. Really messed up the Harry Potter lookin' dude's nose. No undo with ink, kids.

Yesterday I took Ferg's request semi-serious so I started working on this week's ChOW design. I just toyed with a few ideas and tried to make it semi original instead of an actual angel. This check is like a futuristic soilder who is in like the "Angel Division" or whatever. They fly around with these robo wings and jet pack type things. Just threw down some ideas and went with it.

Started on a better image but lost interest because I knew I didn't have time to finish it before entry into the CHOW thing. Plus the composition isn't exciting to me. Just proved to myself again that I need more figure practice and work on perspective. I had good intentions I suppose. I had to stop tho. I have to start working on those Xmas presents.. lol

Ok, now here's a funny on to show you how I "improved" this semester in one of my drawing classes. The first one is the very first drawing we did in the class way back in August. My teacher collected them and gave them back at the end. Than I included my last two drawing from class. lol I think we can see I went from caring to not caring at all. lol My teacher thinks I'm loosening up tho even though I was really running out of steam by the semester's end. He actually liked the newer ones better. The first is a much better drawing tho. lol Kind of funny and sad at the same time.

That's all for now. Thanks for commenting. I'll be sure to hit those up with replies ASAP. Have a great weekend and happy drawing to ya!

Ryan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just looked through your sketchbook. That was fun. Great imagination. I love those pages tht are completely filled.

Please stop by my new Anatomy Sketchbook and critique the hell out of it.

"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."- Mario Andretti

My Blog (Cartoony stuff)

My Illustration Website

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok... the replies I promised. Sorry, again. I do appreciate all of the replies and encouragment! It's awesome to see all of the commentary! I was popular this past week!

AldayJ: Thanks! I'm really glad you liked the chick. The more refed stuff the better. I need to do more. As for the digital stuff, I rarely work digital anymore. I suck at drawing with that freaking tablet. lol But I suppose that's why I need to work with it more. I'll get some up soon for ya.

Max1975: Bro, thanks a ton for all of the helps. I appreciate you taking the time to actually write out all those helpful comments! I'll definately try and take some of your advice into account next time I find myself trying to sort of out figures and such. There are so many ways to approach drawing the figure, it's tough. But if we can get it than we should be able to do anything, right?! Keep at your stuff too. Together we'll all make some great strides, I'm sure!

Loomer: Thanks for the reassurance and encouragment. I think you're right. You can definately tell when I get my draw on and when I'm just screwing around. I just do more of the screwing around. lol I'm glad you like the tree God guy. He's one of my favs as well. Maybe I should take some of these ideas I've jotted down and work them into full blown concepts. Good idea.

Blkn: Glad you like my SB. As for pencils, I really like the Staedtler's but I have several that brands that I bought to experiment with. I still like the later more tho. As for leads I usually stay within a 2H - 2B range. I really use the HB's the most tho. I also use various mechanical pencils which are great for details and stuff. Good luck!!

NoFish: Thanks for stoppin' in, mate! Great to see you in here again. Your stuff is looking awesome as of late as well! I'm proud to say I've known you on these boards for so long! I remember when we were just lowly Middle Class kids! Heh. Thanks for the tip. My faces are bothering not just everyone else but me as well. I'll hit up those studies. Thanks, bro.

Madplanet: Thanks! It's a cool thing to do with prelim drawings as well using pencils. Loosens things up quite a bit. Although it does kind of bring out your weak areas since you seem to be drawing so much from your sub concious at times. Good little study tool tho. Creates some interesting results. Give it a go!

Bumskee: Thanks! Thanks for keepin' us all inspired on your thread!

Armando: I wrote "Study this area" or something like that under there. Thanks for the helps with figures and my character concepts. Always nice to have some extra tools in the box when I approach the figure. The more ways to do it the better. Thanks a ton for your help! You keep at it, ok?! Oh, and regarding "energy" in figures and such, I think it means like that sort of fluid, life like nature, y'know? Like there's a sort of "movement" rather than a static image like a rock. It's something I really struggle with a lot.

NeoNocker: I know, I know. I really need to get on some more studies. Thanks for the reminder, man. I need all the kicks in the arese I can get. Keep workin' hard yourself!

XSFX2000: Loyd, thanks for such an encouraging post, bro. I woke up one morning and downed that mug and it just made me feel so much better. I'd love to help you with some concepts some time if I get some free time! We definately need to hook up sometime soon. I miss all of my Meramec compadres. I'll be there for a class on Saturday next semester, Computer animation, actually. I'm lookin' forward to it. I hope you're doing well! Call me sometime!! Anyhow, I guess I cant' complain anymore after that post... heh... thanks again, man.

Comixnut: Thanks! It's always great to know someone is being inspired by the stuff I piss all over these pages. Keep at your work too!!

oODaveOo: Hey! I'll be looking forward to those updates! Glad you're liking the progress. There's at least a little bit!

Ferg: I agree that we sketch a bit a like. Perhaps we're long lost brothers? Do you have only one testacle too? Heh. Just kidding. I really like your sketchbook too. Keep at it! And yea, you can definately tell what pages I'm actually drawing and working on and those that I just pimp slap with random crap. I need to do more of the work stuff rather than just dumpin' all over the place. I love to hack at the pages. lol I've been meaning to do more concept drawings and had a bit in the update above. Hopefully it'll get the ball rolling. Thanks for stoppin' in!

BenGonzalez: Thanks! Yea, me like some rendering. Hopefully it'll get better and better as I press on. We'll see! Glad you liked your stay in Casa la Zebz! Or something.... heh...

TheFatKid: To leveling up together! I can't believe you're so freakin' close to me. We definately need to do up a CA.org meetup sometime. I think I already posted this, but do you know any others? I know like no one in STL. It's sad, really. Thanks for the encouragment. Good to know I ain't alone. Heh. I'm working, I'm working.

Lazy: Thanks for the compliments! Just keep at it and you'll be catching up in no time at all!

Shinryu: Yea, thank, I need to do more of those. They always turn out decent. I appreciate the comments!

timpaatkins: Aw... not the color thing again... lol I suck with it. I'll see what I can do tho. I really need the practice. Everyone's always calling me out on it. Heh. Thanks for the reminder!

Van: Thanks, man. Push I shall.

Bro3knSpirit: Great helps, mate. Thanks a ton! I'll definately take some of those things into the old drawing noggin'. I'll have to read some of the stuff you provided when I get some time. Good, good stuff. Here's to us leveling up together! Here! Here!

As for the workshop, yea, I think I'm gonna try. I'm almost 99 % sure I'll be there. I've missed the last like 3 because of stuff and I'm setting aside the money and time for this one. I'll be there most likely. Hope you get to go, bro! It'd be awesome to have our sketch group together to work there.

JtheAnswer: Glad you like 'em! I'll keep drawing! You keep postin'! Your stuff is lookin' mighty nice as well. Keep at it!

Crazy3DMan: Thanks! I like those the best too. I need more of that. I'm glad you enjoyed your browse!

Phew! Alright... there's my replies... until next time... thanks for everything! God bless.

Ryan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fatkid! Don't meet up with him man, he's trying to kidnap you! teehee. You should have just finished that battle angel, I'm gonna try and finish one, got about 7 hours left. I'll agree, I like the first charcoal more than the newer two. What I find lacking in them is contour, the contours are too simplified, there should all kinds of subtle bumps from bones and muscles. Try some boring Niccolaides contour exercises, they're worth it.

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebzFree
    My first week off of school hasn't been very fruitful. I've either been haning with friends, going to concerts (saw U2 - amazing and I've got some Ben Folds coming tonight), working or sleeping all day. Slacker.

Ryan
    Sounds like a fruitful week in my opinion. Exept from the sleeping all day part. You're drawing way more than I do. No need to stress it. Just keep at it and enjoy it. Taking small breaks now and then won't kill you. Stress will.

Sketchbook
    Old Sketchbook
    Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great work. I really like the charcoals. Your coming great. Ikeep working hard when I have a moment. I'll be on vacation soon. Four days to go starting monday. Then relax for a whole week.

Enjoy the break. It may be inspiring after you rested a little. And you'll get alot of ideas coming after those shows.

Neoknocker

Sketches. Crits are welcomed!

CHOW Time!

“I think you do what you’re destined to do, if you follow your heart and you follow your path, then you’ll always be safe with anything that you do, including art.”
    Serj Tankian -singer with System of a Down-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

‡‡‡‡‡ BackBoNe ‡‡‡‡‡

Have not looked forever <> great variety here <> try getting a little more tilt and attitude in your faces <> I think this is a strong area for you and can get stronger quick if you work with the angles a little more <> a little tilt adds a lot

Thanks for your visit <> always good to hear from you

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great book you have here, I really enjoyed flipping through the pages (and your old sb as well). I didn´t have time to see it all yet, but the progress you´ve made and all the work you´ve put in there is truly inspiring. I love the first charcoal from your last post (and the others are good too). Keep up the good work, I´ll get back here to see your other drawings when I´ve got more time on my hands.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wonderfully creative thread, obviously there are areas to be improved, but nothing that experience wot fix. carry on soldier.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WOW
    LIONEL RICHIE REFERENCE IN THE TITLE OF YOUR SKETCHBOOK! NICE!!!
    MORE LIONEL:
    "Hellllllo: Was it Zebzfree your looking for..."
    "Well I (guggenmaneuver:-) know not how to draw,
    well i haven't got a clue,
    let me start by saying, I love
    http://ryanbowlin.com/Sketchbook/sb113.gif..." (cue dramatic sax solo)

and the combination of ink and pencil on one page makes me feel like dancing on the ceiling! This is inspiring because it challenges me to develop my skills in both ways of working.

one crit i might add is that it seems like the character concept (woman in some kind of space suit?) might benefit from a more natural standing pose. granted this is obviously just kind of a study. i'm totally impressed with what i see going down here zebzee. keep up the good progress and thanks for dropping by the old skrawl tome dood. can't wait to see more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heh. Sorry I didn't comment sooner...you slipped one by me again

Love all the eyes, and they seem to be mostly on the same level this time. Personality in all the faces again, that's good...

Harry is very recognizable, and I think the figure on the can is very well-drawn.

The Chow woulda been cool...my favorite sketch is the one on the upper right on the first page. The full-body-was-going-to-be-rendered one looks kinda stiff, sort of like the arms aren't connected naturally and there's something off on the hips...liked the earlier full-body sketch more, even though the pose was less interesting.

Great rendering as usual. What sort of pencils do you use?
    Life drawings look good...how much time did you have on those?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ryan, the portrait from Victor's class is amazing. I really can't believe the tones you are getting to shape the figure. Great stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great stuff man!! Love the anatomy studies on sb108.jpg, they are looking more loose and less rigid without loosing the sense of form. Do more of these, I think these things really sink in the more of them you do.

The only crit I have is that, while there is a lot of personality to your characters, they don't seem to be interacting with each other on the pages. I would love to see more character interactions, maybe include an enviornment to add perspective.

I had a feeling you liked wes's stuff . It was more evident in the first pages of the sketchbook, but I think you are exploring more your own directions with the more you post. I don't mean that as an insult, more like a crit (with an underlining compliment really), don't be afraid of pursuing your own interests and making your own discoveries, while you study artists you like. One does not exclude the other, so, do both

Hope I could get my point across without sounding too much like a jerk.

Cheers man, hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn mate! this page&#180;s update is great! loving your figure drawings. keep feeding me. =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're such an inspiration. Every time I come here there's something new. Those nude drawings are beautiful, but (you're porpably gonna hate me for this) the one i like the most is the fourth page on the december 17th post, especially the guy with the glasses. The line quality is in overall great on that page. I am sucker for thicker "contour" lines. Thank you for the advice you gave me a while back. Hope to get more of that from you cause your advice seems always well thought. And of course it's always great to get advice from people who's skills I respect a great deal.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Ryan-
    Either Private message me or call me okay?
    I've misplaced your phone #
    Later-
    Lloyd

Ok- here it is: my stuff. -xsfx2000
    Here is the cool place I work at: Robot Monkey Lab
    ... (Special Effects & other cool stuff...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! There's a lot of really good stuff here. Sorry, I don't have much to say about it right now... I'm supposed to be getting to work right now. I'll give you a hollar later.

I really like the rendering on your faces... very nice. I did notice though that you kind of froze up on your battle angel final render. Were you just working on a smaller scale? That's a problem I have, the larger drawings just allow more space to work. Anyway, great work.

I gotta go to work now.
    later.
    Kingcoyote

You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey hey,

Lovin the update, i just love your faces. Those inky faces i love the most, great. The one below that, that guy, it looks like hes got a small head with a long body, lol, thats all i can say for that Your still lifes look nice. Do more! And, i noticed that you did a little prepective peice in on of your doodle drawings. They look quite good, do some more of them too! How about a spash of paint? I would really love what your paintings are like now !!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo, yo, yo. Thanks for the replies peoples. You guys shouldn't reply so much! I'll start thinking that you like me or something!

Armando: Thanks, mate. Yea, I think I know what you're talking about with the contours. It's strange, when drawing from life I don't focus much on contour but my drawings rely a lot on it. I need to do some pen oriented studies where I just follow the forms. Maybe this Christmas sometime. We shalt see.

FatKid: Yea, bro, we'll definately have to organize something. No pressure tho. We'll figure it out. Screw that Armando, there'll be plenty of man love for him in SanFran. He can miss out on our little boy on boy action. Heh. It'd be cool if we could have a weekend of like sketchery with like 5 or 6 dudes at least. Maybe we should enlist the Chicagoians? We'll see. Thanks for the critz. You're right. You always are.

NoFish: Yea, fruitful week for things other than art. Same as this week actually. Been catching up with old friends too. Plus me and the girlfriend have been going out with her friends and stuff. I should just bring a small sketchbook along with me but these non-art people get creeped out by my constant sketching. lol Hopefully I'll get a kick in the arse. Thanks for comin' back!

NeoNocker: Yea, man, those shows were really great. I am inspired and feeling like watching tons of movies so that slows me down. lolI'll get some drawing done this weekend done for sure. I'll make myself bring a SB along to all the family stuff. MUST DRAW! You keep it up too!!

Mentler: Always a pleasure, man! Thanks a lot for the critz! I really need the help. I'll see if I can't get more facial studies out. Maybe devote a page to different faces and angles. Might actually look kind of cool!! Thanks for the support and help! You keep on inspiring us and we'll keep working!

TaxMan: Yea, I've been doing this for a bit of time. It's the coolest thing to see your work develop. Especially when you start getting in a rut. You can just do a little backtracking and then see how your work has moved forward. Than you're like, "Well, I guess if I do it for another year I'll be even further a long!!" You should see some of the really earlier stuff. lol It's like night and day. I hope you do come back!

MagicMan: Thanks a lot! It means a lot coming from you. I really love and admire your work quite a bit! That single post gave me quite a bit of inspiration! Thanks for doing a boy some good! You keep at it as well! Lookin' for some mad updates from you, Magic! But I will say that not all of us can use our bodies for anatomy practice, lol. Bastard. Always a step ahead. Ha!

Guggenmannuever: I think I spelt your name wrong. lol Anyhow, thanks for the song! I was laughing my balls off with that post. Yea, I've been in sort of a "Hits of Yesteryear" mood. lol I have so many musical tastes and sometimes I listen to the old stuff when I find myself hungry for my childhood or cheesy love music. lol I can't get away from my roots, can I? Suburban American White kid. Tough. Glad you like my thread. I'm trying, I'm trying. Hopefully you'll see better stuff in the future. Oh and on the CHOW, she's like descending or floating down to the ground. The rest just isn't finished. But I'll admit, it needs the help of another pose.

Max1975: Thanks! Yea, lots of work to do yet to get to the level I want to be at. I feel like I half ass so much. I draw only when I really want to. lol Anyways, I'll keep at it if you do. Thanks for the comments and critz. I'll take 'em into the ol' drawing storage bank in my head!! As for pencils, I think I answered this in the last post somewhere... check out my response to BLKN in the last batch. As for time, the first one, nearly 2 hours or so. And the other ones I barely spent any time. Near the end of the semester I'd scrawl on the page a bit and then find myself out of the class wandering. lol Loosin' that intensity. Dork, eh?

ATLAS2900: But I prefer the tones I get all over your body when I'm givin' you that sweet lovin'.

Brok3knSpirit: Yea, I agree with you on the artist thing. I try to copy some stuff (usually don't post that stuff) very rarely to see if I can figure out how they're getting certain looks or effects. Sometimes that stuff sinks in. It's good. We learn from one another. But I definately have to do my own work, I think I am. There's definately a Zebz look going on in here, I think. I'm just taking aspects I like and making them work for me. Thanks for the comments. I'm trying to kick it up a notch for the childrenz. You keep at it too!

Flaskpost: You must be malnourished lately. lol

Placeboast: Hey, thanks! It's so cool to have someone be encouraged by my work. As I've said before. Yea, the more cartoonier stuff often comes much more naturally and I have pretty good results with it. You'll get more fo that in the future, promise. Thanks for continually stoppin' in, mate. It means alot.

KingCoyote: Thanks! I'm glad you liked. Yea, I like to render stuff. It's fun and mind numbing. lol And you're right about the Battle Angel. I was thinking that when I was working on it, I just couldn't get into those places I wanted to, it was too small. Oh well. Lesson learned, I suppose. Back to the drawing board! Hope to hear from you soon!! Keep updating your SB too!

Qxzi: Good to see you rollin' thru here again!! Welcome! Everyone likes those inks, strange, strange. They just seem messy and inconsistant to me. Must be a Cotron bug or something. lol You nailed the perspective thing too. I need to do enviroz and I don't more than often. Same is true of paints. I need some color in this thread. I'll get ya'll some soon when I get some time. Thanks again for posting!!

Ok, well, this is sort of a half arsed update. Sorry. Another week of just work and visiting with friends. Lack of drawing. I've been starting on the Christmas presents tho. I've got a partially finished charcoal portrait of my dog for my parents sitting on my drawing desk (it's like 18X24 or something) and I'm also working on this Harry Potter illustration for my girlfriend. I don't know if I'll get these done by my Dec. 25 deadline. lol I lack the desire to do any of 'em! Ha!But I thought I'd at least post the Harry Potter progress. I don't like the composition really. I changed it a lot from my original idea due to the lack of time. I originally wanted the want to be lighting up and illuminating on a scared Harry face. The owl was to be perched on his shoulder and in the background they were in like a midevil sewer or something with the faint image of that big snake in the background. That would have been cooler. lol Maybe later. I just wanted to keep this simple for the lack of time. I think it's lookin' pretty nice so far tho. Lots of work yet to do. No other sketches to post. Sorry. I know I've been a horrible example. Don't whip me too badly.

That said, hope ya'll have a great holiday!! I'll try and get another update when I get these bad boys finished. 'Till then! God bless and Merry Christmas!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, man !

As for the digital stuff, I rarely work digital anymore. I suck at drawing with that freaking tablet. lol
    Exactly what I was thinking when I start drawing with the tablet !

But I suppose that's why I need to work with it more.
    Exactly the only advice that I can told you. Start slowy, just draw shapes, play with the settings and different render. You probably need some times to have some good sensations with it. But keep practice, drawing. Tablet is fine, but basics first... Something I need to do more myself, ha-hem !

Thank you for the lasy drawing and... man, really... MERRY CHRISTMASS, DUDE !!!
    Julien

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    rest assured, spellin tha gmanure is UNSANE.... so you can call me joel

i hope yr christmas is ZEBZfree and easily easy like sunday morning.
    SHEWT WAIT A SECOND: christmas ACTUALLY IS ON sunday morning this year! (cue: pointless revelation theme.) at work we have "Lionel richie thursdays" in the artist room. prolly my favorite song is "say you say me," as it has both prominent synth, cheesy druma drama, AND the psychedelic "I had a dream, i had an awesome dream" dreamy twist.

-joel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alday J: Thanks, man. I'll get at some tablet stuff. I've been toyin' with it but can't get anything I want out of it. I suppose I should start posting that stuff. Can't be any worse than the other crap I dish out in this thread. Heh. A Merry Christmas to you as well, mate.

Guggen: There. Shortened it. lol I'm really glad that someone else holds a deep appreciate and sentiment for soft pop rock of eras long past. lol Keep holdin' the candle high, my main man.

Ok. Should be drawing. I'm not gonna have these done. I screwed around doing other stuff all day. lol I will finish 'em tho. Santa might not be able to deliver tho. Instead I watched some TV, cleaned, and dug thru some photos. Came up with these two chalk drawings I did on the sidewalk at a community college here in STL this summer. Kind of ridiculous. But actually turned out kinda neat. Thought I'd post 'em for ya'll to see.

And then I thought I'd give ya'll a bit of a Christmas presents... pictures of me! Heck yes, I did. This is my sketchbook thread and I'll post whatever I please!! The first is a few years old but it's prolly the best picture ever taken of me. I look glorious. Here's a little Christmas tempation for ya'll. I don't think Janet looked this good. Don't hurt yourselves.

Here's me at a wedding with a guy I've come to know as "The Chad". He's a pretty big boy. I'm 6 feet tall I push around 260lbs so he's a real beast of a man. Someday he'll be my life partner. God willing. lol That was a joke. *AHEM* Losing... dignity... with each post... oh well. Not like I had much anyhow.

Here's "The Chad" and I doin' the dirty, tearin' up the dance floor. Yea, the picture blurred because we just move to damn fast, heck yea. An indicator of things to come? Perhaps. lol

Me getting arrested for... well... those days we're short lived. I think I made $7.50 that night... that homeless guy sure was nice to give that 50 cent tip.

And finally, my trutle companion saving me from certain death after a long battle with a foe. He's carrying me back to my castle and residence in Gallapogos. What a faithful steed.

There you have it. Merry Christmas. lol Me, Baby, Meeeee.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahahaha! you seem to be a great guy, dude!
    good photos! glad u shared them!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey dude, i been missing a lot of your updates, your figures and shading is looking great so far, keep the hard work.
    PS: really funny pictures

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    those are great drawings man, photorealistic! I'm gonna save them for uh... referrence. Yeah. Referrence

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    merry xams bro, it nice to see your mug at long last,
    Have a cool evening, see ya later!!!! and KEEP IT UP!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HAHAHAHAHA, love those photos bro, that is some sick shit! But I like sic stuff...I'd flick your nipples you know?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Flaskpost: Glad you enjoyed the madness.

TheFatKid: People with goatees rock in my book. So extra thumbs up for you, mate! Sorry if the bunny scared you. There were girls there and we all know girls like cute stuff. I can pull cute stuff off. Glad you liked 'em tho. Yea, just let me know what your schedule looks like. Maybe sometime during the semester or something. We'll figure it out. I've got an apartment in STL so you could crash here if you really wanted. It'd be neat to have an apartment full of ConceptArters. Like a mini workshop meet up or something. Heh.

Diego: Glad you stopped in, man! It HAS been a long while! Don't be a stranger!

Hito: I'll send a bottle of lotion, compliments of moi.

Maxetormer: Yo, yo, yo! Merry Christmas to you as well, bro!

Magic Man: LoL Actually, I have a picture of my friend lickin' one of my nipples outside of a Steak N' Shake here in town. lol Maybe I oughtta post that one too. Ridiculous.

Well, didn't even get around to working on my parents drawing. It's an 18 X 24 portrait of our family dog. Fun. Yeah. lol It's like a quarter done. I'll give them the old IOU thing on that present. They'll understand. I'll take pics of it when I get done. The Harry Potter illustration for my girlfriend is coming along tho. Haven't spent much time on it still. Spent most of the evening eating and watching movies and such. This was the strangest Christmas eve I've ever had being away from home. Strange. I must be growing up or something. Anyhow, I kind of like how it's coming out. You're missing a portion of the image (as always since my scanner doesn't accomodate the 11 X 17 SB) so I'm sorry you're not getting a just view of it. I think I'm done for tonight tho. It's 2:30 AM and I wanna play some Gamecube I think. lol I'll finish the rest tomorrow during the family festivities. Plenty of time to sit and doodle while talking with people. Thought I'd post the progress tho. Enjoy. And yes, Merry Christmas, again. It's the 25th now and I'm listening to holiday music for the first time this month so it must be here. Hope you guys have a blessed time with your loved ones. Be safe.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man, merry christmas!

Sorry, this is gonna be short, my parents just got back from church, and were gonna start the christmas morning thing (they just told me I have to go wake my wife up... I hope she's not a grumpy as when I last saw her. We drove all night to Warrensbrg, on the other side of the state... Never mind, she just got up all on her own, and seems fine.)

The HP sketch looks great, I really like the mist on his breath, and the owl is just too cute. Really rockin' drawing man.

Maybe we can get together this week or next? A mini-workshop in the future would be totally awesome too. I know a couple of other people who might be interested in that as well.

Any way, merry Christmas, I gotta go.
    Later.

P.S. The photos were great! Seeing peoples snapshots is always a treat, and it helps us all get to know each other better. Great stuff.

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That first picture of you would have looked great if you were wearing a Bob Ross afro wig while being groped from your friend. I'm so disappointed.

Your pencil work looks great and I'm really enjoying the Potter updates. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    harry pothead is looking nice zebz. the photorealism in the above posts is quite impressive as well... but i have to ask: "What kind of oil medium did you use? canola, peanut, or nitty gritty vegetable???"

Remember: "Love hurts"

joel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FatKid: Thanks for the private message, bro. I'll hit you back when I get s'more time. As for the lack of motivation in others, yea, I know. It's funny seeing people put their stuff up at my school. They like to do painovers of blown up photographs. It's ridiculous. Whatever gets you excited, I guess. And yea, we'll have to hook it up on a weekend sometime. We'll discuss it more lata. Keep it up in your head there.

KingCoyote: Thanks, man! Glad you like the Harry. I still have to finish it off but I showed what I had to the girlfriend and she really liked it. So I'll polish off the rest of it sometime this week and get the update scanned in. Than it's off to hang on her wall or something.

I hope you had a great holiday! I've been really busy and actually am going to be heading out of town to Springfield, MO this weekend for the New Years. I'm leavin' Thursday night. Perhaps maybe next week would work a bit better? Just let me know what your schedule works out to be like. We'll get it in there. And yea, I'm definately up for a mini meet up / wrkshop of concept art people. Maybe we should open up like a weekend to midwest folks or something?

Madplanet: lol Sorry to let ya down, mate. Every man needs an afro. And I lack that. :: Sigh :: Glad you like the pencils, tho! At least your trip in here wasn't a total wash!

Guggen: I believe it's called Udder Butter. Hope you like the new title. Story of my freakin' life. lol

A'ight my peepz. I've discovered something. Winter break is for me to do many other things other than drawing. lol If I ain't workin' (which I ain't doin' much of) than you can find me hanging with people out and about, travelin' the midwest. And you won't find me drawing like I thought I would be. lol I'm too busy havin' fun. Someone please kick me in the arse to keep the pencil in my hand. I don't have much to show for the last few days other than a couple doodles. Hope they'll suffice. I'll try to get more in. It's just a matter of makin' myself do it. Word. Here's the crap. Peace out.

Inky Brushe Doodles

Random pencilz... wiggity wack...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great Updates mate !!
    LOL great pix u've posted..nice to see u

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo man, I haven't been drawing all that much either. Pancakes guy made me laugh. I think that Mr. Potatoe head guy shows up when ever you get bored/aren't thinking too much about what you're drawing, am I right? The guy to the left of pancake man's head. I don't know how far you've gotten with Harry Potter, but those trees in the background should get progressively darker. He's got kind of a Donald Trump going on with his hair, haha. ~fin~

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Zeb, it's never a total wash coming here; I'm usually entertained as all hell! I was almost distgusted by the pancakes guy because I thought that those were saggy flaps of skin dangling from his jowls and then I realized that it was part of his beard. whew.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you got some pretty good studies and sketches. I was very entertained looking at your hot bod and all the pics of you being silly. haha!
    Keep up the good work and keep observing,

oh and PANCAKES thats just Gold! haha! crazy bastard.

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Glad to see that you're able to get "some" stuff done in spite of all craziness going on arond you. Breaks can be a pain in the ass for getting work done, but you have to be careful, because after school is over, it's always "break time"... It can get very hard to get anything meaningful done.

Keep it up man...

Oh, yeah. Next week everything should clear up. How about Tuesday or Wednesday? Any other day has to be after seven.

Later.

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey ZebzFree, thanks for the post in my SB, i'm doing my best at finding a summer life drawing class, harder than you think.....

your stuff is really freakin awesome, (sounds a bit token, but i mean it), i've only looked at the last couple pages, but as soon as i get broadband (hopefully a week or two) i'll take a big ol' look at both your sketchbooks!

i agree with armando, that the "trees in the background should get progressively darker" in harry potter drawing..... its looking great though, *jealous*

anywayz, i'll be checkin in again soon

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're one crazy dude. Very pretty and funny stuff in your sketchbook.
    Pancakes!!

-I am my imaginary friend.

- omg ftw teh sketchbook -Updated 28-01-2005- w00t pwn3d

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pancakes!!!

Mullet page is a bit busy for me. Head on the upper left is very cool though. Harry Potter's looking very good too. Once again I'm quite impressed with the nose. Eyes too. The details are just so crisp.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice stuff , very interresting when we compare the progresse between your old sketchbook and the stuff at this place. Very inspiring

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, with Mr.Potter you done a great job! Thums up for more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mr. Z.

How's it going. You seem to be one f**ked'up party animal. Take it off! Actually you did. lol, keep it up sexy! lol

Great Potter portrait man. The pancake guy is good as well.

Neoknocker

Sketches. Crits are welcomed!

CHOW Time!

“I think you do what you’re destined to do, if you follow your heart and you follow your path, then you’ll always be safe with anything that you do, including art.”
    Serj Tankian -singer with System of a Down-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Like everyones saying, i love your potter portrait, great pencil tech and vaules. Those pics of you, funny You seem a cool guy, but PLEASE post more, i love your style man, PLEASE!

Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year!

Qxzi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ryan, your sketchbook thread makes me so hot and bothered. Especially the Harry Potter picture. Oh yea. Oh yea. Thank you for the extra excitment in my life. It was gloriouis. Gracias.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha, I really dig the photos you´ve posted on christmas. You seem to be a great guy. I checked some of your older stuff, sadly nearly all the images expired, lot´s of red x going on in your previous threads. But from what was still there, I can tell you´ve come a long way. I´m always glad when I see that line quality develops, yours are pretty good. Enjoy your winter break, as an artist one should never forget to live I think, or all you can make an artistic statement about is what it´s like to sit in a dark studio and draw all the time. *off to attend a party*

vigostar is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great stuff man... i love the woods scene.. keep it up... btw- glad your still working with pen!!! Im planning on having a pen battle with a ccad student. Jair i believe we can make it a three way battle if your interested!!! let me know..!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice update! heheh I like those doodles alot. That pancake one cracks me up! When you do get time to sketch and post again I'll be sure and check it out!

"Every artist was first an amateur."
    ||===Proud Member of SSG #8===||
    BrentM | Frank the ninja | Flaskpost | MonkeyLizard | Blahm | Proetus | bullfrog | Algebra

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    zebz

hope ya survived the new year buddy....
    Go out like a lion, sure....
    but don't go out like a lion with a mullet paintover....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; January 11th, 2006 at 09:04 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I need more Zeb

I am liking watching your style develop. Your contours are get much better allowing the shapes to really pop. I am sad you covered your nipple piercings in the pic of you. When do I get to see more happy trees from your work. Maybe a nice robot crushing them beneath his foot or something.
    Keep it up man! You are awesome. and Check out my monkey

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really love this gallery. Every time I come here (which isn't often, unfortunately) there is something that blows my mind. *applause* Extremely nice pencil work. Those ballpoints are just beautiful. Very nice. The only real CC I have (and someone might have said this) is that what I assume to be Harry Potter, looks a bit like a girl. Just my humble opinion.

"Oh my God who is flying this thing! ......... Right, that would be me." ~Wash

DeviantArt - Sketchbook - Concept Art.org Porfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the sidewalk drawings! Hehe, I can't tell if you're the same guy as in your avatar... but I thought you had a 'fro!
    I had to cut my hair really short due to a bad haircut, so my friends started calling me baldy. I could never quite shake off that name, I have hair up to my shoulders now and they still call me baldy : P

Waiting for those updates!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man, we need you...update.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.