Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    hey Zebs!

The pentacost piece is looking totally rad, man! I haven't really got anything productive to say today... Sorry!

It looks like I wont make it to Montreal... I was gonna try, but then life got in the way (Damn bills!), so any way... there it is, and there's always next time, right? In the mean time, I know you're hella busy and all, but we should get together sometime... It seems a shame to live so close, and never hang out innit?

Senior year is rough, but it's totally worth it... you're almost there, keep up the good work!

It's always cool to see other peoples workspace too. Cool
    stuff!

Later.
    KC
    You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Pretty cool stuff man. I like the dwarf.

Thanks
    The drawf is lookin' good! Reminds me of the art in the Warcraft2 player's guide.... awesome.
    Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    LOVE ur sketches.Love u, ( if u dont do ne harm >__________>)

D00d, the lsat 2 upadtes are awesum, steam comin outta my head. this is the kindda style i want to have / those poses with glasses, specialy O__o that one are my fav/
    AWEsum, my dream has come true, i always wanted to kill one of the superheros -__- . nehow, thats what i like about ur work, varirty. and its not typical. ur ideas are unique

cant wait to see u drwaing, LIVE. o_________o .

AMi
    ¤Sketch FACTORY¤

THe Cookie Factory StuDio
    Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca
    ¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤

Thanks
    Greaaat new updates. Realllly like the big drawing you re doing, looks very promising!
    Wish I could go to the Montreal workshop .... How can one get there anyway? Cost much??
    SKETCHBOOK

Sinister Six Sketch Group
    Since 2003, sorta.
    Cookiedough Fooxoo Hyver Wolfje character

Thanks
    we're going to have to frame some of these for the Hallowed hallways of the citadel of doom... very freaking nice!

Thanks
    Hi ZebzFree
    you got some very funny stuff in here =) your comic style is awesome
    your rendering technique is cool but time consuming i guess - i wouldnt have the patience
    that ballpoint pen scetch is my favorite of that latest update - very loose i luv it
    ahm keep it up !
    Last edited by Zulle; February 28th, 2006 at 07:34 PM.

Thanks
    hey major props to you sir. i finally got around to looking in here cause of all the ref's about you around here. i guess i'm biased to your avatar, even though i like the guy and his show. it just bugged me a bit hahaha.
    my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    awesome stuff man, a huge improvement! the rendered one with all the faces is great!!! really top stuff! although the horned guys eyes look a bit far apart. Really cool style there as well.
    keep up the good work and good luck with finishing the course

Thanks
    http://ryanbowlin.com/Sketchbook/sb136.gif: Looking good, not much else to say...they're still just standing there though zippermouth does have a cool sideways slouch goin' on...

Dwarf is excellent...very stout...great work on the arm positions...the head is maybe ever-so-slightly off-center, but don't worry about it, it's very subtle and minor and completely not worth messing with...fantastic nose again, and I'm gonna study those eyes, the interaction of the upper lid and socket is very well done, I've been completely missing that...

The guy with the pick has a nice hunch...your figures are getting better with regard to that body language storytelling i yammered about a while back. Great subtle work on the facial expression too, even though I can't quite figure out what the eyes are doing at this point.

I don't know about the cartoony guys...they should get better as you do them more but I guess I don't see the simplification as accomplishing much. I guess the poses are a bit more dynamic, but you could rough them out even more simply to get that energy, and then finish them off with in your usual fashion, which would look pretty awesome. I guess I'm just not seeing what you hope to accomplish with these, so maybe I'll just shut up about 'em for now

Hey, next time you're bored and feeling altruistic, it'd be fantastic if you could post a tutorial type thing on your process for constructing/designing faces...I think you do the richest character faces around here, and that's no small thing.

Dutton Guest
    Hey man, digging this update like a paleontologist.
    Haha! Nice one Zord.

Zebz, isn't it funny how LotR makes you wanna sketch and paint every living moment you have left? The shot in the extended features where Alan Lee and John Howe are sketching enviros for the Shire gets me every single time. That said, your dwarf is looking very very cool, and definitely a bit of Mr. Lee showing through.
    It looks like we're both in the same boat about how and where we're trying to push our art. I like the direction you're taking so far and I'd love to see the finish on that piece you're doing for the senior show.
    I'll answer your question over in my SB in some more detail along with a couple image shots since I actually hold my paintbrush and charcoal the same way. And as far as tips on getting your ideas down on paper as fast as you come up with them, I can only wish there were 48 hours to a day. :/

Thanks
    Hey,

great update! Like the cartoons. Nothing esle to say

Qxzi

Minneapolis and kansas city occassionally
    Thanks
    yo zebz, its a nice update, the big drawings lookin pretty good so far, but like we've talked about before, i think it'd be awesome to preserve some of that gesture thats in the sketches. the page of sketches of the guy with the glasses and sewn lips is probably my favorite, its super loose and has a lot of life. its pulling in some of the style and gestural elements that exist in your cartoonier work without sacrificing the more "formal" character design qualities. somethin that i gotta work on too, keeping yourself brief. the dwarf guy's comin along but looks like he could use some more contrast, more dark shapes specifically. keep em coming, lets get this sketch group started, i'm excited.

-cburt

Thanks
    HEY!!!!
    You've improved lots man! I'll try and go for 2 days (for sat. and sun.) to the WS (Mostly due to money trouble). If I cant attend on the weekend, I'll go make a small trip to MTL, to meet you guys and have a beer or two.
    Neoknocker

Sketches. Crits are welcomed!

CHOW Time!

“I think you do what you’re destined to do, if you follow your heart and you follow your path, then you’ll always be safe with anything that you do, including art.”
    Serj Tankian -singer with System of a Down-

Thanks
    Almost everyday I go through your thread and find out that you haven't updated. Huge disappointment. Shame on you. Sketch you lazy ass monkey boy. Btw. Im quite jealous of your drawing table. Could you send it me?

Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast