Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Hey,

love the update, really good detail and a really good idea. Maybe a
    little crit about it, but im no expert so you dont have to change
    any of it, if you dont want! Maybe the head is a little to far
    back, it makes it look a little weird if you look at it really closely!
    But i really like it

Qxzi

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    great work on that last one....

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    Wicked.

The head is a little down and to the left of where it should be...but so what? Just gives him more character. (maybe be more careful next time though )

Thanks
    ThatFatKid: Thanks for stoppin' by, bro. Glad you like the bull----errr.... Ox... rather. lol Yea, he looks more like a Bull, I'll bet. Still sortin' out the color problem. We'll see. Can't wait to travel with ya to the big Montreal! Schweeet!!

Seansea: Mad skillz? Thanks, man. I'm really workin' my best to get 'em up there. Maybe someday they'll be CRAZY mad! Thanks for stoppin' in. I'm really glad you liked my stuff.

Zord: Now that's a combo! I see it tho, really! Thanks for the comments.

Qxzi: Well, his head is supposed to be pulled back, like the ropes or whatever are wrapped around him and his chest is thrusted forward like he's trying to pull free. That's what I was going for with the head in that position. I thought it looked ok. Maybe the point wasn't gotten. Dunno. Oh well. Maybe it's not such a good piece to paint up afterall!

Vigostar: Thanks.

Max1975: See my Qxzi comment reply... thanks for comin' in, man.

Now, on to a little update for the day. Not much. I have some other stuff but I'm not finished doodlin' around on those pages. First I devised a sort of rough, simple tutorial on form, rendering, lighting, etc. I comment a lot on peoples work because of the flatness. I learnd some of these basic ideas and they just translated really well for me. Hopefully some of these notes and scribbles help. I really threw this together quickly for Qxzi so it isn't well drawn or anything. I just hope you get the points. I think understanding some of these concepts really took my art to new places. Drawing from life really helped me see and understand these too. But I'm a visual learner and needed someone to actually show me. Hopefully it'll be the same for ya'll. If you want me to type thru and explain it or maybe do a paint over of one of my old portraits (one of the well done ones) I'll do that. Just let me know. I think I included enough notes that you'll get what I'm talking about. Hopefully you can read the chicken scratch.

Zebz's Sketchbook: One more update for the road... 1/8/09

And a page of doodles... boy and monster... random... yep... This is another jot 'em down and leave 'em page.

Thanks
    Hi, Z !
    I really like your cartoon style, you know. The last page is very good, I dig the little boy sketches the most.
    Cheers, man !
    J.

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    damn man. you were already darn good. and you´re getting better by the minute!
    loving these last updates. especially this fella:
    http://ryanbowlin.com/Sketchbook/sb124.gif
    got alot of character to him. i wanna see a coloring!
    keep it up!

peace, man!

Thanks
    Okay- the bull? Try Blue! As in Babe the big blue ox of Paul Bunyan! um... just a thought...
    -Lloyd

Ok- here it is: my stuff. -xsfx2000
    Here is the cool place I work at: Robot Monkey Lab
    ... (Special Effects & other cool stuff...)

Thanks
    Like that little boy man! Has tons of aditude! I am deffently comming to this workshop man! I start work next week! Need to make some money for it...

Thanks
    Hey,

Like the tutorial, im getting to know a bit better know about cast shadows, reflected light and all the rest. But im a little confused with core shadow, does it mean the shadow thats next to the cast shadow? I also like that doodle, so thanks for the tutorial and ill see you around!

Qxzi

Thanks
    asspat to the bone! 5stars worth cause this is an excellent example of a sketchbook.. you seem to know where you're going and the journey looks yummy. keep it up, but i'm pretty sure you do'nt need me to say that. thumbs up

WEED TORTURE WIN
    www.hyver.com -()- sketch thread

Thanks

thanks zebz!

For the refresher course on good olde fashioned american values!!! You are rendering me very impressed! I've, as a matter of fact, been also having some problems with the cylinder that goes through my head; I guess decrapitation is the only solution. One thing that i might crit with the conceptual side of it is that the cast shadow, though it may seem that dark in life, usually shouldn't be rendered as 100% black. Only use this tone in some area where it is nearly impossible that light could not reach--i.e., the tiny area where the ball contacts the table, but in this case only a dark line kind of form... Otherwise the shadow will tend to dominate the composition over the subject. & Once you go black you never go back. -joel

Thanks
    Man! I just posted a reply, and it got lost! I really hate that!

Hey, man! I really enjoyed the tutorial, and think you did a great job on it. I printed it out to use as a reference in working on my own rendering of form. You're totally right that I need to work on that, and I intend to follow through on that... So, thanks, man!

Okay... on to stuff that I know more about. Color, and printmaking (I secretly blame the fact that I concentrated on printmaking in school for the fact that I'm not as good a drawer as I ought to be... well... That and I wasn't really ready to listen to the stuff that I was told, and as a result missed out on a lot of learning oppourtunities...) any way. Color. I think that a scheme of warm colors would look awesome. A base of red (and by red I mean RED, as in the fire truck kind) with accents of orange and gold highlights.

The reason I brought up printmaking, is that there is NO reason that this image couldn't be screen printed (even by hand with more traditional means) while keeping the subtle gradations of your graphite drawing. I'm going to explain this like a photoshop drawing, but the principles are the same... You start with the colors, layering them on top of each other, with hard edges. Don't even try to blend them because it's not necessary. After the colors are layed out, you put the pencil drawing on top, in a multiply layer (this works the same as a transparency... the lines are visible, but the background is clear.) This will look pretty much the same as a screen print, and will (I think) look much cooler than a mere painting. The flatness of the colors will allow the image to really "pop" off the background.

I hope that made sense... Anyway, I always look forward to your updates.
    Later.
    KC

You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks

‡‡‡‡‡ Boomeranged ‡‡‡‡‡

Writing notes on your sketchbook pages is like talking to yourself <> watch out or you will end up as nutty as me LOL.

Actually I love to see it <> part of the learning curve

Thanks of occasionally feeding veracious monkey on my back!

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1