Sketchbook: Zebz's Sketchbook: One more update for the road... 1/8/09 - Page 15
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ryan is officially kicking just slightly less ass than me during
    my chance encounter with nickel creek...

Holy crap huge sock full of art update!
    haha here's the full thorough review i promised you; man there's a lot of material here for me to review Anyways, this picture of the sketchjams would indicate that you guys were seemingly have a real cool time. I always enjoy the sketchjams if not for the end result for the psychological aspect of working on the same drawing together under high pressure time constraints... Plus there's the fact that you are revising / editing / trying to decide what you will do with each new pass of the books--> it's a total thrill i've got to say.

The St. George and the dragon is looking super, super nice ryan, thanks for posting it--> The dragon's head (looks like you had a really good time drawing it!) and the composition are particularly strong, though the horse's letgs need not be that dark... I believe that if they were white you'd have much less of a problem with the horse kind of blending into the dragon a little. one other crit would be that the horse's hoof should be like a cylinder on the ground ... it's at the wrong angle. It could come down a little further into the composition / be more outstretched to pull us into the dragon slaying frenzy. I guess that in planning this image you probably saw some of the AMAZING versions of this from history... it's always a blast to see what particular kind of dragon the artist of, say, 800 years ago, will come up with when given the opportunity to bust out some crazy demons

prior to that in the previous update, the studies page for the previously mentioned illo is looking quite nice... It seems like you are starting to expirement a good bit with your ink application??? This guy is totally a keeper---> the effect is so dark and yet he seems to be grinning? I like how i can't really see any outlines... it's like some blurry vision kind of situation. scary. cool--> more pen expiremtation--> is this some kind of marker you are roughing the blackground lines in with??? interesting that you'd say that you are tired of school--> maybe i can see some frustration in this, but your technique looks really good and confident to my eyes,

SINE~cerebrally,
    THE guggenZFREE for you, CHEAP4 them

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; April 28th, 2006 at 09:04 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those framed on the wall are looking mighty fine. The framing really gives a kinda pro feeling to them. My favourite of them would have to be "Bixby the blower". It seems the most thought out piece. The others, though they are really beautifully draw and renderend, seem kinda rigid. Maybe it's just me. Keep them photograps coming they are a lot of fun to look at. Where are all the "after twenty beers" pictures?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jesus corpsefucking Christ now thats a boner popping update (as if the pics of you guys together wasn't hot enough)!!!!!1111oneoneeleven

Great to more pics of the crew you bastards! Andrew seems to be getting sexier by the day (you have long since reached your sexification threshold zebz)! Goddamit Montreal is gonna fuck me in every orifice i have and a couple of new pencil punctures(i call them love holes)...29 school days left and counting !

And then as if the photos weren't enough you digi-castrate me with the goddamn awesome pic update!
    Lots of good stuffs, great designs and sketches, keep havin fun with em! Hope the concept portfolio works out for you, would love for you to land something with the company!
    Life drawings arent as crappy as you say, although they arent as focused as your other work, but whatever, Im sure thinking about Andrew has been distraction enough for ya!
    Pirate is great, wish you had finished it, his expressions are kickass!

PS now i know how you guys must feel, constantly scrolling waaaaay up to find the next pic i planned on talkin about is killer.

The knight illustration looks like fun, I'd like to see you play more with the armor design, character looks like he'd go for some over-the-top decorations and such junk!
    Cool moleskins, you'll see though, guggen and me are gonna make a special no-moleskine-awesome-people club in Montreal and none of you pretentious fucks are gonna be allowed without... favours.
    Self portrait looks sweet, great expression and lighting. Would have prefered if the inside of the mouth wasnt just a flat dark tone with some definition of teeth in shadow or something, and maybe push the look of scales more.
    Goauche painting rocks, gotta get back into painting on acrylic-treated surfaces, always loved the feel of it.Got some great stuff going on and the prismas were a nice touch!
    fuck me if that wasnt a long post.
    /pottymouth

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Duuude I love your sketchyness style! your value's rock my socks! youve got an imagination big as the pothole out in our road! and thats pretty flippin big too. You like cover the page with all kinds of sketches, thats awsome, I need to try sketching out random stuff like that all over instead of one idea per page. : ) The life studies are brilliant! WE NEEED MOARRRR. peas. green peas.

My attempt at baking eyecandy.

I'm Here to make friends! Befriend me I buy you sweets yes yes!

My Icecream Filled Sketchy book.~

~ERILAZ~CRAZY3DMAN~SEPULVURTURE~THEGREYPENCIL~HALO'S CHAIN~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, after that huge of an update I was surprised not to have gotten more replies! Is that wrong of me to think? Well, it was great to hear from those of you who DID make it in!

jtheanswer: You really think I can get it? It would be a great way to get into the biz. Get my feet wet with experience. Thanks for the vote of confidence! And yea, he's a happy fantasy snake. They wanted the portrait to have a part of us in it too and you know how I love fantasy and making crap up so I just made up this random snake. People laughed a lot at it so I guess it worked!

pennington: Yo. I agree with your words man. Good stuff. And it's cool to find someone else on these boards who's a believer as well. Tho, I'm sure you see I'm an odd ball in the religious circle we hang in. They think I'm pretty liberal and my liberal friends think I'm pretty conservative. Ha! Balance. Life is about moderation, eh? It's fair tougher to stay walking the fine line in the middle rather than going extremely to the left or the right... others might call this riding the fence but... well, I don't mean it in that context. lol Don't get me discussing theology in here, man! lol You goin' to MTL? Thanks for the critz too, man. I need 'em.

Armando: Raph was my fav turtle because he cusses in the movie. Just kidding. But he does have a cool 'tude. Thanks for the comments and critz. Your right about my life drawings. I'm bored. And I'm tired. And I'm burnt out. I don't wanna go to class. I wanna start drawing cool things again. Not just naked ladies. But I'll miss it once I don't have it as often, I'm sure. Heh. Two more weeks and then I graduate... yay...

Placeboast: Yea, maybe I ought to loosen up my renders and lines more. I'm learning, man! Thanks for the helps. And yea, Fatty doesn't drink... and we don't get much drawing done after loads of drinking... lol Sooo... not a lot goin' on. Maybe in MTL you'll see some good 'fotos! Ha!

Guggen: You can plant my flag anytime.

GreenSock: I ain't callin' you sir anymore. lol Yea, long indeed. I don't have time to reply to that! lol But thanks! Ha! Yea, Andrew's sexy but... I take the cake. And screw your Anti-Moleskin... I don't wanna be in your club anyhow. But I will take the sexy man love for free. Ha! Thanks for all the comments and critz. You're right on! I like the pirate too. I'm gonna finish a concept of 'em prolly. We'll see. I'm pretty half assed about stuff. Y'know that. Thanks a lot. I love it when your bowl spray dribbles into my sketchbook with long posts! Much love.

Halos Chain: Ha. Thanks a lot man. I'm workin' on that imagination thing... here's a small update for ya!

--------

Here's a smittle update for you guys. I'm goin' over to KingCoyote's place tonight to sketch with him and XSFX2000. Gooood times. So I must run. But yea, this is a pen and ink project I did for Illustration class. Re-do the St. George and the Dragon. So here's mine. Kinda turned out neato. Mostly brush pen tho, I'll admit. The regular dip pen was a pain and I think the tip I had was busted. I wanna try again. It was fun just loosely banging this out. I've gotta clean it up in PS more and than I'm gonna paint it as a full color illo! Heck yes, I am! Alright. I'm out. Peace. And please... holla' atcho' biznoyt. Word.

Ry

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet updates man! Especially the gas mask dude and the saint against snakes, reminds me of St. Peter.

The animal warrior person you were working on was pretty good, but the face seemed odd. You might want to check out some actual animal skulls to see how they're constructed, might make it more believable.

FASTIDIOUS SKETCHFIENDS of the FANTASTIC FOURTEENTH ESCHELON
    staylor| inkfish | rodrigo! | ah.heng | maxetormer | bRØk3n_sPiRiT | Max1975 | ZebzFree

TURBOFANATIC

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mmm nice graphic feel I dont know if George and his horse should
    look that pasive, I mean hes attacking a HUGE DRAGON, I think
    he should have a more fierce face and so does the horse,
    I might be wrong cause I dont know were are you going with this piece.

Aside that DUUUUDEEE huge leaps and bounds your doing now a days
    dont losse momentum work work WORK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool stuff here man! sb175.gif is kickass i like the graphic quality of the snake.
    Looks like you had fun in the sketchmeet, "the milligan" cracked me up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Too cool - Gotta do that again...

I can't wait to do that again-
    the time constraints, the wild suggestions-
    drawing like crazy...
    I ought to bring reference with me to help because my
    anatomy sucks so much...

Okay- it's 4:56 in the am, besides running around all day
    yesterday (Saturday)- sleeping in my clothes from 7pm-ish to
    well past midnight- I'm a little behind... If I don't get those
    scetches scanned & sent to you now, I'll get them to ya
    in the afternoon- after church.

I just need to figure out just how tired I am...
    Okay- email you or post them on my thread?
    Later-
    Lloyd

Ok- here it is: my stuff. -xsfx2000
    Here is the cool place I work at: Robot Monkey Lab
    ... (Special Effects & other cool stuff...)

Dutton Guest
    Hey Ryan,
    That sketch group get-together update looked like a lot of fun! TFK's Milligan pose is absolutely classic. Really enjoyed going through your sketchbook again, especially the recent huge batch that you were hoping would produce more replies. hehe. The self portrait cracks me up.... but I gotta say the pirate with folded arms is my favorite. Great gesture and expression and I love the contrast of thick contour lines and shading to the way it all fades out toward the bottom. Reminds me of the unfinished dwarf sketch on page 6.
    Talk to you later!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HEY DOOD. SUP WITH YOU NOT UPDATING?!? MAN?! C'MON! But it's cool, I change my mind, the DOOM respects the busyness-ness. I'm waiting in anticipation for your TDome stuffs you did last week. I saw King's sketches but no Zebz. Totally missing the Z, MAN. And I was looking at the illustration of St. George last week but didn't comment because I didn't want to leave without a crit, but I got one now. I don't know if it's too late to change, but the poses of the figures are fine; just that it seems the horse is almost on a paper dragon. It might be the texture of the dragon or the placement of the horses hooves though. Either way, WE NEED A COLORED VERSION. And hopefully you're busting your ass with graduation without any troubles. Goodluck, and cheers.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man, long time no check your book, it seems you're having a lot of fun. The group pics are dope, it looks like a lot of fun.
    Your art is getting stronger everyday, keep it fun.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great work man. Keep at it!

Neoknocker

Sketches. Crits are welcomed!

CHOW Time!

“I think you do what you’re destined to do, if you follow your heart and you follow your path, then you’ll always be safe with anything that you do, including art.”
    Serj Tankian -singer with System of a Down-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet work man, i love the flow in these pages.
    Gouche stuff is really nice, lovely colours.
    Update this lovely slab of artistic granite... it's growing moss.
    -B-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa dude. It's like whoa.
    Especially that guache portrait, that shit is hot. You say it was matte-mediumed, how thick were you layin down the guache? I haven't painted in guache in a long while, but I remember it bein kinda in between acrylics and water color. Did it soak in at all after being matte-mediumed or were you gobbing it on? Anyhow you did it, it looks stellar. It all looks figgin stellar. Great work dude, Hella-inspiring.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i really like the updates and your indepth responses to everyon that speaks. i hope the best for your future man.

ooo life studies are good and i like that Leonardo, but with it was Donatello.. he's so much cooler... well Michaelangelo is pretty cool too and Raphael is ... gosh i love all the Ninja Turtles!!
    keep it up and never give up!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wheres the zebz?

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pfiouuuu.... heu.... WAW !
    I'm sorry if my post is not constructive but it's a very good work man !

C&C please to help me progress !
    >>My sketchBook & SpeedPainting<<
    >>My website<<
    "My english is so bad..... "

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    what? no zebz? and he won't even return my calls. pfft

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    He says he's working on his website... We'll see in the morning.

He's also trying to pussy out of Fantasy Figure Friday this week...

Slacker. (It's all out of love man.)

KC

You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man, SWEET update. the sketches look great,your muscle anatomy is very nice, and the pen expirament that you did looks pretty cool. Also, i'm diggin the characature lookin things. keep it coming man. P.S. it looks like you had a great time with the guys. Andrews a great guy, dont ya think. peace.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

I thought this week was Finals week or something like that for him-
    so I expect he'll be missing for a bit till he's past it.
    -Lloyd

Ok- here it is: my stuff. -xsfx2000
    Here is the cool place I work at: Robot Monkey Lab
    ... (Special Effects & other cool stuff...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Too much to comment on here dude! That last painting is awesome, really nice to see someone get a bit adventurous with colour. And the patron snake god is frickin amazing, quite frankly!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No stars? Are you bitches blind?

I like the way your brain works. Great pencils.

Pud'

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Staylor: Agreed, man. I need some serious animal work. I've been telling myself that for weeks now. Heh. Thanks for stoppin' in!

maxetormer: Huge? Heh. I don't know about all that! I'm trying tho, man. You're right about the graphic. I need to think those things through more. It's probably a bit too late now. I'll see if I can't revise a bit in the color process. Thanks, Max!

InkFish: It's always blast hangin' with CA guys. I don't know why we didn't do it sooner!

Loyd: I still haven't posted those, dang it. How's your Rogue comin'? Mine seems too generic. Grr.

Dutton: Thanks, man. Yea, all my sketches are pretty unfinished... lol I got my book back so whenever your ready just give me a shout!

Zord: Thanks for the critz, mate. I suck. Just say it. No, your right. Hopefully with more render and color it'll pop more. We'll see. How's your portfolio comin' along? Mine's sloowww. Lots goin' on with graduation and movin' out. I'll hit you up. Drop a line on my cell. If you don't get me than leave a message.

Diego: Thanks! Your rock, D!

NeoNocker: Thanks!

Badger: You're right. I'll have a ballsy update soon. Promise.

Andy P: Yo. Hey, man. No guache needed. This was a technique a teacher showed us in illustration. I took some illustration board and just threw down some of that gel medium stuff on it. When it dried it gave me this textured clear stuff. Than I did a sort of wash from cool to warm and stuff and than you just sort of carefully pick up paint using water and your brush and apply a bit of opaque here and there. It doesn't ever soak into the board. It just sits on top of it. I could still go back to this painting right now and pull the paint right off the board. It's great. But you can fix it eventually and that stuff won't come up. The opaque areas really take the prismas really nicely too. Give it a whirl! It's helped me understand painting quite a bit. Especially because I have no concept of painting! Ha! Glad you liked it.

MattGamer: Yo, bro. That rhymed. lol Glad you like my stuffs. I try to return the comments with responses of my own. It's conversation, YO. Yea, Raph was the best turtle IMO. He's the coolest. Got that attitude. I think I'm gonna do a turtle piece when all this craziness settles down. THROW BACK!

SirGreenSock: In your pants...

Tef: lol Thanks.

Guggen: I love you, don't sweat it. I'm around, I'm around.

KingCoyote: I swear I'm only half slacking! Ha! The site should be up by the weekend. I want to get s'more pieces done first. The finished section just looks lame. lol More color is definately needed. BTW, I'm going to FF. We'll discuss it lata.

Mitch: Thanks. Yea, Andrew's great. Haven't heard from him in like forever tho. Loser.

Loyd: Thanks for getting my back.

Dirty C: Thanks, mate! Man, less than a month away. You'd better make time for some Zebz, Sketchin' and Alcohol! Appreciate the comments, man.

SummerPudding: Dude. Thanks for postin' in here!! Yea, I'm bummed about there bein' no more stars for Zebz. I guess the powers that be pulled the plug on me. But seeing as how you think I'm worthy of a couple makes me happy. Much appreciated, man. Can't wait to see ya throw down in MTL! Look fer' me! Peace.
    ------------------------------------
    That said, here's a small update for y'guys. I've been busy trying to get the portfolio stuff together and with finals week and graduation crap. Plus I have to move in a couple weeks. Not a lot of fun. As of right now all my school is done. I just have to walk on Saturday. So I've got a little bit of time to work on my portfolio here and there. Also I want my website up by the end of the weekend. We'll see. I've been saying that forever. lol I'm serious this time tho! Promise! Ha. So I leave you with a couple shots of WIP's I'm workin' on. I'm really starting to dig digital painting these days. I think I'm starting to get decent at it. Yea! The first is a crop of a ugly, deformed ogre guy and the second is some color work on that St. George deal. I have much more to post but it'll have to wait until the site goes live. It takes longer to update a SB than you might think! lol Thanks again for the helps and comments. You guys rule. MTL is less than a month away, bizitches!! BTW, crit these a bit... I'm starting to think more and more about color these days. See ya on the flipside of graduation!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

VERY Nice

I must say I love the color with your st. George and monster. The monster has some tight textures on it. Very good stuff man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice textures on these latest pictures!

Hopefully all your exams went well, can't wait to see the new website!

FASTIDIOUS SKETCHFIENDS of the FANTASTIC FOURTEENTH ESCHELON
    staylor| inkfish | rodrigo! | ah.heng | maxetormer | bRØk3n_sPiRiT | Max1975 | ZebzFree

TURBOFANATIC

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ZEBZ

Very nice, keepin busy in my pants I see. Ogre guy has some sweetass colours and textures on im, but his arm and hand arent nearly as well developed as the rest, find it really detracting...
    George is looking glorious, I'd either make sure to add at least some light texture to him and his horse or tone down the dragon a bit, detail levels of the two-three of em should be about the same, dragon stands out quite a bit right now.

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Firstly--> Congratulations on your Graduation Zebz!
    I think this means you get a better place in the slop line at the citadel, AND also, *special treat* conjugal visits from the WENCHES OF DOOM™!

I haven't seen any evidence of this in terms of faq on the rating system, but it seems that they increased the number of votes necessary to give someone a rating... if you sort the SB's by ratings then there aren't very many that have them... in fact, they're all on the first page. I was a little freaked at first, but whatever...

what sock said about s†. George, plus george and his horse are still looking very graphic and 2D like vector and the dragon is looking so painterly and 3D like raster. give that horse and george some values too!

where's Fastidious sketchfiends... in your signature? hehehe keep it up and i hope your move goes well. back out to the country??? You will be able to really focus on your art there i think. happened that way for me once.

hope all is well ryan, eagerly anticipating the big CA meetup!
    joel

Last edited by guggemmaneuver; May 12th, 2006 at 12:42 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The website is looking pretty bitchin... (Ha-ha Suckas'! I got to see it before any of you!) I was just thinking about it, and figured I'd rub it in everybodies face that I live like twenty minutes from you...

Had fun at FFF tonite... man that guy was creepy!

Ummm... have fun at the ole' graduation tomorrow. If you want to come over afterward, that would be cool. I have hella lot of stuff to do tho. It's time to start getting my crap together for the portfolio so Joel doesn't cornhole me. Ha-ha!

'kay... That's enough for now, I guess. Thanks for looking at all my old crap tonite too!

I'll talk at you later!

your friend
    KC

P.S.don't trip on the stage... That would suck.

You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.